PDA

View Full Version : Verbal contract law.

spintronic
15-11-2011, 01:04 AM
Over at Aarons facebook fan page.

Their saying verbal contracts are binding. I know they are for services given before payment.

But not sure about their conversation. Anyone know the law on this?

I'd hate for Aaron to have to pay Jay. But the laws the law. (Which Aaron would obviously have been advised on)

So if it is true. And Aaron is actually being advised legally by the BB-team, and it is taking time to do so.

Are the Aaron haters here & (Jay's Mum) in particular going to Apologise?:nono::nono::nono:

Locke.
15-11-2011, 01:06 AM
I doubt that any of them can be forced to share their money just because they said they would in a normal conversation

spintronic
15-11-2011, 01:17 AM
I doubt that any of them can be forced to share their money just because they said they would in a normal conversation

There are many situations where a verbal agreement is binding.

Like if you go to a beauty salon and ask for a £9,00000 hair cut.

If the hair dresser provides that service, you must pay.

But I'm not sure if their verbal agreement is binding, especially as Aaron implied it was in jest when he said "none of us 'll remember this in the morning anyways".
:conf::conf::conf:

Angus
15-11-2011, 06:19 AM
Ladbrokes
26th October, 2007

A woman who won over £100,000 in a bingo jackpot does not have to share the money with her friends, the court of appeal has ruled. Tania Burnett won £101,211 at the Gala Bingo club in Plymouth and it was alleged that she had agreed to share any winnings over £10 with her two former friends. However, the judge ruled that a "casual conversation" between the women that had happened a week earlier could not be considered to be a legally binding agreement. Apparently Ms Burnett has now told her former friends to "Get Stuffed!".

It is a shame that the taxpayers couldn't do the same, as the two friends, Stacey Wilson and Abigail Stacey, received tens of thousands of pounds of legal aid to fund their claim

From DS Website:

"How come Jay has reneged on giving his 15k to Tom, Louise or Aaron? The story specifically mentions him having won 15k, so it is pretty clear he has no intention of sharing his money with anyone else.

What I suspect happened is Alex and Jay reneged on sharing their money, at which point Aaron decided WTF.

Please let me know when Jay shares 15k of his money and Alex 30k of her money."

Not forgetting that Louise has swanned off with £3,500:rolleyes:

:idc:

joeysteele
15-11-2011, 07:39 AM
I feel sure Alex will ensure Tom gets his share of the agreed payout but in my opinion, whatever was said, I do not think it right under any circumstances that Jay should walk away with as much as the Winner.

In fact were Aaron to split the 50k he won, since Jay's Mother has recorded that Jay has only got 15k from BB, then Jay has not handed over his 5k from his funds,which would mean with Aarons's half too Jay would be sitting with more than the winner on 40k.

Not fair, not right or even appropriate at all.

I hope BB insist Aaron keeps the 50k and leaves the other 50k distribution to Alex's and Jay's consciences.

Pyramid*
15-11-2011, 09:44 AM
Doesn't anyone think that this really is becoming beyond tedious as well as utter ludicrious?

The guy won fair and square.

Have ANY of those 5 finalists themselves discussed the money? Not that I am aware of but more than happy if someone has input to the contrary.

Isn't anyone wondering why? Possibly because that whole thing was a 'scene and a deliberate set up/ploy' for the viewing public's pleasure....... ;)

Benjamin
15-11-2011, 09:47 AM
I think they should just all keep the money they got.

Aaron: £50,990
Alex: £30,000
Jay: £14,500
Louise: £ 3,500
Tom £ 10

Ramsay
15-11-2011, 09:48 AM
The other finalists shouldnt get any money in the first place so they should be happy with what they got

Pyramid*
15-11-2011, 09:58 AM
The other finalists shouldnt get any money in the first place so they should be happy with what they got

I agree with this. I can't help feel that BB didn't want Aaron to win, realised that he was doing exactly that and their revenge was to make sure he didn't get the full prize money.

joeysteele
15-11-2011, 10:42 AM

I totally agree with that also,I do however feel a bit for Tom left with only £10.

The whole splitting the prize fund by BB ended up a total farce,another waste of time and useless twist.

ThisisBigMother
15-11-2011, 10:46 AM
www.gillhams.com/articles/325.cfm-

as it is on film they made the agreement, they have proof it was said and plenty of witnesses. but whether any of them would even bother dragging it to court is another thing

in my opinion, the agreement should never have been made. i also don't think they should've agreed to split the other 50k evenly outside the house. it would've been much more entertaining to watch them discuss who gets what and why.

they are all going to make a lot more than any of the money given to them through personal appearances. if that vile woman rebeckah can get a 200k contract, the final 5 should be laughing all the way to the bank

BBfan6418
15-11-2011, 10:57 AM
I feel sure Alex will ensure Tom gets his share of the agreed payout but in my opinion, whatever was said, I do not think it right under any circumstances that Jay should walk away with as much as the Winner.

In fact were Aaron to split the 50k he won, since Jay's Mother has recorded that Jay has only got 15k from BB, then Jay has not handed over his 5k from his funds,which would mean with Aarons's half too Jay would be sitting with more than the winner on 40k.

I hope BB insist Aaron keeps the 50k and leaves the other 50k distribution to Alex's and Jay's consciences.

Where did Jay's mother record he only got 15k? The paper stated he got 15k not his mother.

parmnion
15-11-2011, 11:09 AM
Where did Jay's mother record he only got 15k? The paper stated he got 15k not his mother.

which has been mentioned on all threads about this, yet every aaron fan just sweeps it under the carpet and still uses the untruth against jays poor mum.

Josy
15-11-2011, 11:13 AM
which has been mentioned on all threads about this, yet every aaron fan just sweeps it under the carpet and still uses the untruth against jays poor mum.

Give it a rest with the generalisations.

parmnion
15-11-2011, 11:35 AM
Give it a rest with the generalisations.

No.

Marmalite
15-11-2011, 11:56 AM

It's actually been mentioned on every forum and every thread discussing it, so not just TiBB forum, and not just by Aaron fans btw - by everyone!

Pyramid*
15-11-2011, 12:22 PM

Where exactly has Jay's mother put the record straight - via her twitter or facebook.....if she isn't happy with the way the local rag reported the story: I'd expect her to be mouthing off on twitter/fb about it.

It wouldn't happen to because she's happy with the way the story has been put over in slating Aaron would it. ;)

parmnion
15-11-2011, 12:23 PM
Where exactly has Jay's mother put the record straight - via her twitter or facebook.....if she isn't happy with the way the local rag reported the story: I'd expect her to be mouthing off on twitter/fb about it.

It wouldn't happen to because she's happy with the way the story has been put over in slating Aaron would it. ;)

oh come on pyramid, give it a rest.:sleep:

Tom
15-11-2011, 12:24 PM
Verbal contracts are slightly more in depth than general conversation and pinky promises

I don't expect Aaron to share his money and for that matter I don't expect Alex to either, and I don't think they should!

Pyramid*
15-11-2011, 12:28 PM
oh come on pyramid, give it a rest.:sleep:

Give what a rest? Providing a half decent and reasoned reply . Sorry, not a chance.

delz
15-11-2011, 04:29 PM
Surely no money has hit bank accounts yet, didn't Cameron of BB4 say somewhere that it took weeks for his prize money to go in his account?

BBfan6418
15-11-2011, 05:57 PM

How about the fact that her/Jay fans have enough common sense to know that it was the paper stating Jay had 15K. So why would she need to set the record straight to us?

boomoo
15-11-2011, 10:58 PM

This is all just hearsay. None of the housemates will have money in their accounts yet. Even if BB paid up on Friday night at 10pm it would not get through the banking system for 3 to 4 working days. That is excluding the weekend.
Jay only has to give £5000 to Louise and he has honoured his part of the bargain.
The rest is down to Alex and Aaron. If he said he would share the winnings. Hopefully Aaron did not suggest the sharing when he heard the cheers for Jay. That would be an act of desperation.

joeysteele
15-11-2011, 11:19 PM

I have duly answered and addressed this on another thread, again on here I retract the fact I misread an article as to Jay's Mothers' wordings, I fully accept I read it wrong and have said so on another thread, I do the same here again.

At least now I am corrected as to the fact that she herself didn't say it but the papaer she gave her comments to did however she didn't correct it in the article either herself. however I admit I was wrong to not read the article in full and with my usual care and due attention to detail so was wrong to say Jay's Mother said the words rather than the paper.

The one fact clearly remains that Jay appears to have 15k and 5k of that is not his in that agreement. No one seems to be questioning him or anyone else to that matter though.

Scotty07
15-11-2011, 11:39 PM
Doesn't anyone think that this really is becoming beyond tedious as well as utter ludicrious?

The guy won fair and square.

Have ANY of those 5 finalists themselves discussed the money? Not that I am aware of but more than happy if someone has input to the contrary.

Isn't anyone wondering why? Possibly because that whole thing was a 'scene and a deliberate set up/ploy' for the viewing public's pleasure....... ;)

:thumbs:

BBfan6418
16-11-2011, 03:21 PM
I have duly answered and addressed this on another thread, again on here I retract the fact I misread an article as to Jay's Mothers' wordings, I fully accept I read it wrong and have said so on another thread, I do the same here again.

At least now I am corrected as to the fact that she herself didn't say it but the papaer she gave her comments to did however she didn't correct it in the article either herself. however I admit I was wrong to not read the article in full and with my usual care and due attention to detail so was wrong to say Jay's Mother said the words rather than the paper.

The one fact clearly remains that Jay appears to have 15k and 5k of that is not his in that agreement. No one seems to be questioning him or anyone else to that matter though.

Seeing how Lou and Jay are a couple their would be no need to question it. Alex still owes them 1K.

Jezzy
17-11-2011, 03:45 PM
The real legal question, according to case law is whether or not the people party to the "contract" acted in such a way as to validate that "contract" after the utterance. This would be "understood performance" and would be granted a hearing.

I'm not aware of any conditions that could be performed in the enactment of the "contract" therefore legally I would have to say there is nothing binding either/any of them. The fact that it had been discussed on camera may be taken into account as persuasive evidence, but could also equally be taken as emotive chat, especially considering there were no conditions to perform within either housemate's remit.

I do have a law degree - if all or any of them wish to walk away from the subjunctive chat (if....) I would be happy to represent them. For a price. ;)