PDA

View Full Version : Stefanie Powers : 'I had the right side of my lung removed'

Omah
15-11-2011, 02:49 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2060869/Im-A-Celebrity--Get-Me-Out-Of-Here-2011-Stefanie-Powers-combats-cancer-star-show.html

She was diagnosed in 2008 after being a smoker for twenty years, saying she 'came from a generation that smoked as much as they could'.

The Hollywood star, famed for her role in eighties series Hart To Hart, said she had the right side of her lung removed, but is back performing.

:thumbs:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2011/11/15/i-m-a-celebrity-s-jessica-jane-clement-plastic-surgery-left-me-devastated-115875-23561915/#ixzz1dk52bQOd

'I'm A Celeb' star Jess says surgery ruined her lips

‘I’m a Celebrity’ star and TV presenter Jessica-Jane Clement says plastic surgery on her lips left her “devastated” as she was left “with pea-sized balls” at the corners of her mouth.

Jessica-Jane told new! Magazine: “I had my lips done when I was 22 and it went very wrong.”

:rolleyes:

stewart64
15-11-2011, 09:24 AM
I think I was a bit quick to condemn Stefanie from the day one footage. Possibly a victim of editing, as her treatment of Dougie Poynter in the canoe and throwing a wobbly over the tofu block came to mind. However, she did seem to be mucking in with the cooking on day two, hasn't kept up the moaning and was the victim of a character assasination from Freddie Starr which she was unphased by despite it being within her earshot.

lostalex
15-11-2011, 09:42 AM
She's a natural born leader. some MEN can't handle a strong female.

Pyramid*
15-11-2011, 09:50 AM

I agree with you to a point - I've always like Stephanie and in interviews I've seen her doing over the years, she comes over as incredibly likeable lady as well as one hell of a determined woman, but she is in danger of being viewed as being just 'too much'. sometimes softly softly is a better way - sometimes not.

Again, it comes down to the valid point made about editing.... we have to factor that in as well.

stewart64
15-11-2011, 10:08 AM

Got to admit you'er right. Also put her up from last to my third favourite after a courageous carry on regardless attitude to Freddie's ranting on day two.

Also she sensed Freddie was having health problems before it was reported, bloody intuitive too.

Omah
15-11-2011, 10:17 AM
Got to admit you'er right. Also put her up from last to my third favourite after a courageous carry on regardless attitude to Freddie's ranting on day two.

Also she sensed Freddie was having health problems before it was reported, bloody intuitive too.

Yeah, I've moved Stefanie up from 5 to 3 and left "Fat" Freddie near the bottom - I won't care if the NPOW doesn't return to the series - with the weight he's carrying he won't be able to do much, any way ....

Pyramid*
15-11-2011, 10:38 AM

for once, my top 3 are all ladies!

Lorraine
Stephanie
Fatima

Omah
15-11-2011, 10:41 AM
for once, my top 3 are all ladies!

Lorraine
Stephanie
Fatima

Yeah, mine too :

1. Lorraine Chase