PDA

View Full Version : Dougie Poynter : Mr. Anonymous

stewart64
15-11-2011, 09:15 AM
Got to confess I have never heard of this guy.

But he doesn't seem to be getting much air time.

I was quite impressed that he took all the stick for the canoeing debacle with Stefanie and was refreshingly self deprecating. Though it didn't reflect well on Stefanie that she also laid the blame on him (I will cover her more on another thread, but she is recovering IMO and had a much better second day).

But to be honest the guy looks depressed. The younger girl was hanging around the explosive and rather scary Freddie. And then he has got the cock sure Willie Carson and the unapproachable Stefanie Powers also in his camp. wouldn't you be depressed with that lot. The other camp looks a bit more together IMO.

Locke.
15-11-2011, 09:17 AM
Bet he is just glad to be away from all his obsessed fans for a couple of weeks

LeatherTrumpet
15-11-2011, 10:22 AM
there is a guy in this called dougie?

where?

MTVN
15-11-2011, 10:26 AM
He seems really dull

HBB1508
15-11-2011, 11:10 AM
I'm hoping he's just a slow starter and will come into his own later - I can live in hope!!

Maia
15-11-2011, 11:12 AM
He might be on his way to becoming an Aggro Santos 2.0

Locke.
15-11-2011, 11:14 AM
He might be on his way to becoming an Aggro Santos 2.0

Raping someone next year then

Nicky.
15-11-2011, 04:37 PM
Haha, he's just awkwardly shy :')

That is Dougie - he'll be finding it quite hard I should imagine! He just gets on with it. When he's given a trial/challenge you'll see how epic he is :P

xx

Saph
15-11-2011, 05:07 PM
He'll probably get better when the two camps are re-united :)

Nicky.
15-11-2011, 06:28 PM
He said he was getting on well with Mark tbh? There's a chance he'll already know him (Doug lives with Tom and Giovanna - and Giovanna's brother/family are in TOWIE and are always off places with members of the cast) which will help ;D

Jords
17-11-2011, 12:55 AM
Least interesting by far, seems an alright lad though.

Jordan.
17-11-2011, 01:07 AM
Hard for him to interact with a bunch of oldies tbh

tweetypiebabe1
17-11-2011, 02:51 AM
I think he'll be coming out of his shell as the show progresses cause he's quite entertaining :)

HBB1508
17-11-2011, 09:41 AM
I think he did well tonight and will be interesting to see how he copes with the trial - could be the making of him in there imo.

stewart64
17-11-2011, 10:02 AM
I think he did well tonight and will be interesting to see how he copes with the trial - could be the making of him in there imo.

He seems very laid back. I can't imagine he will be giving it the Mark Right gurning routine. He deserves a spot in the limelight because he isn't one to push himself forward. I think he will do well too.

Omah
18-11-2011, 09:33 AM
Haha, he's just awkwardly shy :')

That is Dougie - he'll be finding it quite hard I should imagine! He just gets on with it. When he's given a trial/challenge you'll see how epic he is :P

xx

Well, I don't know about "epic", but he did very well indeed in "Rat Run" and came across well, too ..... ;)

HBB1508
18-11-2011, 10:14 AM
He seems very laid back. I can't imagine he will be giving it the Mark Right gurning routine. He deserves a spot in the limelight because he isn't one to push himself forward. I think he will do well too.

I thought he did really well in Rat Run - and at one point I thought he was going to beat Fatima but sadly not - hopefully it has given him a bit of confidence now as I think he's a really nice guy.

stewart64
18-11-2011, 02:42 PM
I thought he did really well in Rat Run - and at one point I thought he was going to beat Fatima but sadly not - hopefully it has given him a bit of confidence now as I think he's a really nice guy.

When he returned to his camp with his usual understatement he said ''I did bad'' and left it at that.

From that you would assume (and I am sure his camp did) that he had been beaten to a pulp by the Olympic athlete not that it was down to the wire.

You've just got to admire this guy, no excuses or letting on that it was a close run thing. I am sure 99% of contestants would have stressed it was a close run thing.

HBB1508
18-11-2011, 02:45 PM
When he returned to his camp with his usual understatement he said ''I did bad'' and left it at that.

From that you would assume (and I am sure his camp did) that he had been beaten to a pulp by the Olympic athlete not that it was down to the wire.

You've just got to admire this guy, no excuses or letting on that it was a close run thing. I am sure 99% of contestants would have stressed it was a close run thing.

Totally agree he could have bigged himself up being up against Fatima but he just played it down and let the others draw their own conclusions - I hope he does well - would be really funny if he could win IAC and Harry won Strictly!!! A Mcfly double whammy.

Visage
18-11-2011, 03:27 PM
I heard him talking in last night's show, or at least I think that's what he was doing..

Omah
19-11-2011, 01:03 AM
Oh dear, he's become mates with Wrighty .....