PDA

View Full Version : Ho would you change big brother?

karezza
15-11-2011, 12:57 PM
How about these changes:

1. No eviction crowd
2. No contact with outside world
3. 18 housemates at the start - someone always walks
4. Wider age range
5. No more morons
6. More intelligent tasks
7. Sex room without cameras
8. No nominations discussions
9. Games to occupy housemates such as cards & pool.
10. Washing machine
11. 3 strikes and you are out
12. Emma Willis to present BB
13. 2 bedrooms - one male, one female.
14. No more shopping list.
15. No more Josie, Nikki, Harries, McClean, Frost, Carole, Burns

Smithy
15-11-2011, 12:59 PM
stop showing it on tv

alex_front2
15-11-2011, 12:59 PM
I don't mind morons as long as

there are plenty of intelligent HMs too
their stupidity isn't constantly fawned over and rewarded

Not everyone regards themselves as male or female

Sex room without cameras - are you kidding?! If sex occcured the producers will have hit pay dirt and it'd boost ratings! If you suggested that in a BB production meeting you'd get the sack!

spintronic
15-11-2011, 01:03 PM
How about these changes:

1. No eviction crowd
2. No contact with outside world
3. 18 housemates at the start - someone always walks
4. Wider age range
5. No more morons
6. More intelligent tasks
7. Sex room without cameras
8. No nominations discussions
9. Games to occupy housemates such as cards & pool.
10. Washing machine
11. 3 strikes and you are out
12. Emma Willis to present BB
13. 2 bedrooms - one male, one female.
14. No more shopping list.
15. No more Josie, Nikki, Harries, McClean, Frost, Carole, Burns

1) I'd have the eviction crowd seats, split evenly between various facebook fan pages, so the opion is always proportional.

2) Yes
3) Binding contracts = no walking.

9) is a definite no no. If I wanted to watch a pool game, I'd go to a pub.
10) Yes.
11) A solitary confinement "sin-bin".
12) Aaron to present.
15) Have people on BOTS who aren't genetically related to slime. Positive people, not Idiots. And certainly NO Pete Burns.

karezza
15-11-2011, 01:07 PM
Keep vote to save.
Keep Facebook voting.

spintronic
15-11-2011, 01:10 PM
And a "STRICT" house cleaning rule.

1 hours chores EVERY morning.

And instead of the shopping tasks, for money, I'd have 4 types of shopping list types.

1) Luxury with alcohol.
2) Basic with alcohol.
3) Basic with no alcohol.
4) Something from "I'm a celebrity" --> snake eggs, dried worms, goat milk, etc etc with only water.

Edit: And each task is done for the next days food.

lostalex
15-11-2011, 01:29 PM
just make it genuine again, that would be a good start. this season was more fake than katie prices tits. BBUK used to be respected for being genuine. now what does it have? nothing.

BBUK needs to be BBUK again. that would be the biggest change they need to make.

alex_front2
15-11-2011, 01:53 PM
The eviction crowd needs to have a greater mix. I understand the likes of Tashie and Rebeckah won't have as many supporters as Jay, but it does need to be more partisan. More neutrals.

Greater age range, it was crazy that Heaven and Aaron were the eldest. At least one person 38+ but they have to be interesting or have a big personality (funny or annoying) otherwise they'll either blend into the background or be up for eviction and gone by week 2. Would love there to be an annoying Belinda Belinda Belinda BB9 type.

Greater regional diversity. No Scots, no Welsh this year! BB usually has 1 non-British person or someone who has gained UK citizenship eg BB5 Ahmed (underrated), BB9 Sylvia, BB6 Makosi, BB10 Sree, BB7 Richard. They all contributed to their series and didn't have typical UK reserve which made them great HMs.

Keep vote to save.

Jamsey
15-11-2011, 02:28 PM
Not everyone regards themselves as male or female

Really? I know there are people who believe they are a different gender than they are born as, but I have never heard of someone who isnt male or female?

Black Dagger
15-11-2011, 04:39 PM
Keep Vote to Save
Keep Facebook Voting

Make sure Evictions are positive (Party poppers, streamers, banners, no booing... unless extremely warranted)

Bring Back 24/7 live feed.

Diverse character, not 12 chavs their own will find 'well fit'.

Mixture of races, personalities, cultures.

Faye/Maisy to take over Emma hosting BOTS, anybody can be less bias then her.

No Josie, Frost, Brazier or other Z-lists who have nothing nice to say.

karezza
15-11-2011, 05:11 PM
Don't split the money.:nono:

karezza
15-11-2011, 05:12 PM
Ex-housemates to have on BBBOTS panel:

Nick Bateman, Victor, Marcus, Aaron, Rex, Freddie.

PooBay
15-11-2011, 05:19 PM
****ting in the freezer allowed!

waterhog
15-11-2011, 05:38 PM
only peeps with brains can enter < unlike the last lot < it really was a sad show and a waste of 9 weeks, i am over you BB < i am now into the jungle.

Visage
15-11-2011, 05:50 PM
Remove the duvets between the hours of 10am until 10pm...

daniel-lewis-1985
15-11-2011, 06:03 PM
No eviction crowd? 18 housemates?

Terrible options.

karezza
15-11-2011, 06:31 PM

Make the bedroom out of bounds between 10am & 10pm.

BBfanUSA
There needs to be a eviction crowd but maybe have a smaller one and not so biased

18 hgs sound fine but the live launch would be too long send in 9 on day 1 and 9 on day 3 or have two houses. if they're no walkers or not alot have double/triple evictions by the end of the series to get it down to 5/4 hgs in the final

karezza
There should be 5 housemates in the final.

Visage
15-11-2011, 06:33 PM
Make the bedroom out of bounds between 10am & 10pm.

I thought about that, but they don't really have that many rooms to move about in as it is.

BBfanUSA
15-11-2011, 06:37 PM
Also everyone gets a personal bank account

It starts at Zero the day they enter
Money is added by doing tasks (some can be secret)
It can go up or go down
they can discuss nomination but it would be a huge monetary fine or they can take the option of automatically get put up if they don't have enough money they're taking the 2nd option.
They can buy food or luxuries
evicted hgs have to give thier money to other hgs upon eviction (Can be split among multiple hgs like a will)
Final 5 gets to keep whatever is in thier account plus the winner gets 100,000 pound prize
pretty much say goodbye to the shopping budget

joeysteele
15-11-2011, 06:41 PM

Really great idea, well mentioned. Also the only thing I would alter is to bring back 'live' feed so no manipulation or covering up of highlights and incidents can be done.

Really good one that though Visage, they should not be sleeping through the day anyway so removing the duvets is an ace idea.

Lex
15-11-2011, 06:54 PM
1) Live feed without the bird-noise.
2) Walk-threateners evicted on the spot.
3) Instant up-for-eviction for discussing noms.
4) No crowd noise to be played into house.
5) Definately no outside contact.
6) Much tougher tasks.
7) Weekly task that potentially ups the winners prize money by £10,000.
8) Justin Lee Collins presenting BBOTS.
9) No nomination tampering from BB.
10) More ethnic HMs.

This would be my perfect Big Brother.

:elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant:

Tom4784
15-11-2011, 06:56 PM
Just because I like to use my assets doesn't mean I'm a ho, Nobody's called me that since that one summer I got stranded in Romania :sad:

Mystic Mock
15-11-2011, 08:46 PM
1. Bring back Live Feed.
2. Instead of the producers picking the housemates,I say a random draw should happen by what number you have got and if your number is drawn out then you become a housemate.
3. Crueler tasks.
4. Sack Brian Dowling and bring in Marcus Akin as the new presenter.
5. Get rid of BBBOTS and bring back BBLB.
6. Dont give the housemates luxeries for no reason.
7. Stop the crowd from chanting any of the housemates out as it will let the other housemates know who is popular outside.
8. No contact with the outside world.
9. If you threaten to walk then BB should show them the door.
10. Edit the housemates more fairly.
11. Get rid of CBB as it really is **** and lost BB12 alot of its viewers.
12. Have Jedward presenting BBLB.
13. Put BB on at 9PM
14.Have the presenters be impartial.

RichardG
15-11-2011, 09:01 PM
Mine would be...

1) Make the outside crowd/stage area more like it used to be - think BB7. I loved it like that. Simple - just a long path surrounded by a really big crowd and then a little round stage to stand on before walking up the stairs. Oh, and they arrive by car obviously. I liked the big eye they walked out of in CBB/BB12 but after a while it started to annoy me. Don't know why but i've gone off it now. :p

2) LIVE FEED! I'm not even too bothered myself but if it stops everyone complaining about it then that can only be a good thing!

3) The housemates to actually have a bit of a hard time sometimes. It's great to see them partying sometimes but this series it seemed to be just parties 24/7 and it got a bit boring really. I like to see them work hard!

4) The winner to actually recieve the full £100,000.

5) Make sure Brian Dowling never does that salute thing at the beginning of a show EVER AGAIN!

MTVN
15-11-2011, 09:14 PM
Live feed, get rid of Facebook votes, longer interviews, enforce the rules a bit more

Would be happy with that

karezza
16-11-2011, 07:53 PM
Increase the winner's prize to £250,000 & see how desperate the housemates become.

Brother Leon
16-11-2011, 09:08 PM
Eviction crowd needs to stay.

One of the best things is hearing the reception when phone numbers are read and when they go live to the house. It never gets old seeing the HMs reactions to being booed so damn bad :joker:

Scotty07
16-11-2011, 10:39 PM
For a start I would like these:

1) I would like no evictions or nominations for at least two weeks. It gives us more time to judge. I am suprised they've never done this. Not having enough weeks in the series is a very poor excuse not to try it. There's enough time with an occasional midweek or double eviction.

2) If one group/gang is clearly dominating by block voting, then I would like to see BB use save and replace or something similar but only if necessary to help stop a series from becoming boring.

3) The three people or more with the most votes instead of two are up for eviction. I've lost count the number of times boring housemates have avoided been up for eviction by just one vote and it never gets any less annoying.:mad: The downside is there would be no more head to heads, but they're overrated imo.

4) If any housemate tells Big Brother they want to leave, they must be given a final warning that if they ask again another day, then they will be evicted immediately with no goodbyes.:devil: Also, if they try to breakout like John James BB11, then they will be asked to leave immediately without any warning.

5) No contact with the outside world and nobody in the house but housemates, not for tasks not for anything. I do not want to see any celebrities or anyone popping in for a chat and a cuppa.:mad:

6) I want the tasks to be much harder and more 24 hour tasks, like they used to do.

7) I want at least two evictions a series that are cruel and a genuine suprise to the housemates.:devil:

8) Get rid of the name tags and the overuse of spoonfeeding flashbacks. It's insulting to most BB fans, We aren't idiots we remember things.

9) Live Feed obviously or at the very least a few hours of extended recorded footage on top of the main show.

10) I want an intelligent and more serious alternative to BOTS/BBBM. Something with real fans of the show like people on Tibb that know what they're actually talking about. It could be made in a similar way to "Question Time" or "Newsnight Review".

11) At least twice a series, the whole house should be up for eviction.

12) Better secret tasks for housemates with more interesting rewards. Both are usually abysmal.:sleep:

13) Various ages of housemates, but not too old that the others feel like they have to feel sorry/take care of them.:laugh:

14) New housemates roughly half way though the series but not the odd one. It's much more exciting imo if they throw five in together, like BB10.

15) I say it every year, but a more interesting mix of different people.

alex_front2
22-11-2011, 06:06 PM
Increase the winner's prize to £250,000 & see how desperate the housemates become.

This. It will also attract certain types of professionals who would baulk and risking their dignity for £100K (which could be cut as in this year) but would quite happily pimp themselves out for our entertainment if £250K is on offer.

Also want to see more graduates, only Anton and Aaron were.

I liked the fact that the 2 previous series had Oxford graduates Freddie (BB10) and Andrew (BB11)

conpop
22-11-2011, 06:50 PM
1. bb7 like stage
2. channel 4 highlight shows. no more nametags, flashbacks, music, and all that ****e. I want the old format of the shows back
3. harder tasks for sure.
4. housemates above the age of 30
5. more nutter housemates :joker:
6. fire brian
7. maybe a claustrophobic house like in bb5 (or just a house thats more harsh towards some housemates. uncomfortable beds, shower in the garden, etc)
8. if a housemate wants to walk, they must complete a punishment ask in order to be granted exit.

kind of all ideas that have already been put forward, but i think the majority of us want this

starry
22-11-2011, 10:59 PM
For a start get it on another channel that actually wants to make something of the show.

flamingGalah!
22-11-2011, 11:34 PM
It needs to go back to its roots as a reality show. Just a bunch of normal & random people locked up in a house together, rather than a bunch of fame hungry wannabe's picked because they look like models :sleep:

Have a wide range of ages...

Have live feed...

Have an eviction crowd, but don't let the housemates hear their cheers/boos...

NO contact with the outside world, AT ALL...

NO bias or manipulation by BB... :nono:

BBGermany
23-11-2011, 02:37 AM
Id change it by replacing it with reruns of Friends. or any other 1990s program.

This is the 1st year (summer series) since BBUK6 that I have yet to watch.
Im not really bothered either. I thought maybe I would but....since the Celeb series sucked & I couldnt get past 10-15min of launch night for this one. Im in no rush to watch it.
I have Norway/Germany & India for my BB pleasure

Im going on from the Celeb series + the last couple of summer series.

NO Outside contact. For anything. Unless necessary.
Make them do stuff for the food like they used to. Not this one/two day task stuff.
You walk you get no air time.!
You threaten to walk "said amount of times" you get kicked out
Again like I always say "Steal" BBAUs 3 strikes your out rule.

Have Big Brother be the person who actually Runs the show and not the HMs

I realize it will never go back to how it once was. But it seems like all other BBs are just better nowadays and the UK house is lagging behind.

I said this before Celeb started, C5 just wanted to cash in on the BB name.
Heres hope for Australia

CharlieO
23-11-2011, 06:48 AM
It will never go back to being good again. AXE IT I SAY.

karezza
23-11-2011, 05:06 PM
Don't announce nominations results on BBBOTS.