PDA

View Full Version : HMs you think were underrated

alex_front2
15-11-2011, 02:01 PM
Sometimes there are great Hms who either don't make the final or are not rated as highly as you think they should be. Mine are:

BB1 Although my favorite was Nasty Nick that year, I really liked Melanie, Sada and Tom

BB2 Stuart the winker, Amma

BB3 Adele, Spencer

BB4 Federico and Geuto (the African BB swap guy)

BB5 Ahmed - most underrated HM ever imho - he was brilliant in the military task, the A-H-M-E-D rants ie 'A is for amazing, H is for handsome' etc, BB 'I HATE him', 'Big Brother I am not a sandwich'. TV Gold. Overlooked mainly as Victor was brilliant too.

BB6 Loved Makosi, but Kemal, Derek and vile Lesley were great BB viewing

BB7 Shebaz, Bonneh, but seeing she was nominated against my fav Glyn she had to go

BB8 hated them all really but Shanessah was chavily brilliant

BB9 Rex, not sure how underrated he is, Sara, annoying newbie Belinda Belinda Belinda

BB10 Freddie, Marcus, Angel

BB11 Ben, Corin and Sam (not sure how underrated he is)

BB12 Maisy, Heaven

LemonJam
15-11-2011, 02:06 PM
Federico
Craig (BB6)
Belinda
Rodrigo (Looking back, seriously should've won.)
Lisa (BB10) [/incredibly unpopular opinion]

Roy Mars III
15-11-2011, 02:09 PM
Ahmed
Roberto (BB6)
Spiral
Mario (BB9)

karezza
15-11-2011, 02:11 PM
Andy BB1
Spencer BB3
Jon Tickle BB4
Stu BB5
Craig Coates BB6
Shabhaz BB7
Chanelle BB8
Mario BB9

alex_front2
15-11-2011, 02:14 PM
Federico
Craig (BB6)
Belinda
Rodrigo (Looking back, seriously should've won.)
Lisa (BB10) [/incredibly unpopular opinion]

Interesting list.

Oh yea, Rodrigo suffered from what Tom this year suffered from 'Gay/ bi guy being the funny one in a partnership with a llikeable ditzy blond girl, but the ditzy blond girl getting the credit' syndrome. For Alex substitute Sophie Reade. The only gay man to come out on Tom was Brian Dowling and that's mainly because Narinda wasn't likeable, ditzy or blond!

Lisa BB10 - wow, wow!! you mean the bald headed lesbian? :joker: Underrated is stretching it a bit imho, but she was good value! Or are you confused with Lisa BB9 who was part of a couple with Mario. Or the Lisa from BB7 from Manchester who fancied Pete? So many Lisas!

Kate!
15-11-2011, 02:16 PM
BB1 - Caroline.
2 - No-one really, my faves all did well.
3 - Adele Roberts.
4 - Tania Do Nascimento, reminded me of Claudia Winkleman. Jon Tickle. Federico Martone.
5 - Dan.
6 - Kinga. Kemal.
7 - Shabnam.
8 - Chanelle. Liam.
9 - Dale, Sara, Luke and Bex. Should have been final four.
10 - Sir Benjamin Duncan.
11 - Maisy.

alex_front2
15-11-2011, 02:35 PM
I remember Tania Do Nascimento she was one of the girls people claimed was a ****** that year (along with newbie Lisa).

Kate!
15-11-2011, 02:59 PM
I remember Tania Do Nascimento she was one of the girls people claimed was a ****** that year (along with newbie Lisa).

Yeah, how ridiculous eh, not about Lisa though.

fruit_cake
15-11-2011, 03:17 PM
Mario bb9
Emma bb5

pimpslapper
15-11-2011, 03:19 PM
I felt Tom was underrated. The HMs all loved him but the viewing public were very meh.

Suze
15-11-2011, 03:20 PM
Mario bb9
Emma bb5

It's weird how you look back on housemates and see some differently. Didn't like BB9's Mario much at the time, as he was in so many other reality shows, but then so are a lot of ex housemates, so silly reason really I suppose for me taking a dislike to him, although did feel he was a bit false also. But looking back he had some great moments and was a brilliant housemate. Another marmite housemate.

Emma could have been a great housemate, don't think she should have been chucked out.

Suze
15-11-2011, 03:24 PM
Interesting list.

Oh yea, Rodrigo suffered from what Tom this year suffered from 'Gay/ bi guy being the funny one in a partnership with a llikeable ditzy blond girl, but the ditzy blond girl getting the credit' syndrome. For Alex substitute Sophie Reade. The only gay man to come out on Tom was Brian Dowling and that's mainly because Narinda wasn't likeable, ditzy or blond!

Lisa BB10 - wow, wow!! you mean the bald headed lesbian? :joker: Underrated is stretching it a bit imho, but she was good value! Or are you confused with Lisa BB9 who was part of a couple with Mario. Or the Lisa from BB7 from Manchester who fancied Pete? So many Lisas!

Wasn't there also a Lisa in BB4? who could kill someone with two fingers :o :joker:

fruit_cake
15-11-2011, 03:25 PM
It's weird how you look back on housemates and see some differently. Didn't like BB9's Mario much at the time, as he was in so many other reality shows, but then so are a lot of ex housemates, so silly reason really I suppose for me taking a dislike to him, although did feel he was a bit false also. But looking back he had some great moments and was a briliant housemate. Another marmite housemate.

Emma could have been a great housemate, don't think she should have been chucked out.

I didn't like Mario, but he made a great housemate. Plus, I saw him in Asda a few weeks ago

Niamh.
15-11-2011, 03:34 PM
Seany BB8

King Gizzard
15-11-2011, 03:41 PM
Tashie

Locke.
15-11-2011, 03:45 PM
Mo and Mario BB9.

Mo was at the center of every talking point of BB9. And Mario's hilarious moments were overlooked because most people hated him

Ramsay
15-11-2011, 03:51 PM
Agreed about Mo,Seany and Mario
Would hardly say Ben Rex Marcus and Freddie were underated
Most people love them

karl100589
15-11-2011, 05:09 PM
This for me begins and ends with Ahmed, the guy was absolutely hilarious and BB5, but unfortunately nobody ever appreciates him apart from the plate smashing moment.

Others to consider:
Caggy
Federico
Kemal
Belinda Belinda Belinda
Seany
Mario Marconi

alex_front2
21-11-2011, 04:18 PM
This for me begins and ends with Ahmed, the guy was absolutely hilarious and BB5, but unfortunately nobody ever appreciates him apart from the plate smashing moment.

Glad someone else agrees about Ahmed. I would love to have seen a HM like him this year, sadly I don't think C5 would risk putting someone like him into the house now.

Joe.
21-11-2011, 04:27 PM
BB10- Bea.

TheManWhoLaughs
21-11-2011, 04:39 PM
Belinda - not the best housemate ever or anything, but nobody ever mentions her, even when talking about BB9 but she was a really interesting casting choice and the only good "older" woman they've ever put in the house apart from Lesley (who lasted longer but still gets lots of love).

Craig Coates was underrated for years but I think he is finally getting some appreciation :D Derek was loved at the time but doesn't seem to get mentioned much nowadays even when talking about classic posh housemates :(

Most overrated: Heaven (she wasn't that interesting really), Aaron (he's a decent old-school winner, but he's not the Messiah), Freddie (annoying), Sam Pepper.

Kazanne
21-11-2011, 04:47 PM
Rex,(my fave next to Aaron)great housemate, imo would have won had Nicole not gone in.
Ben,I found him hilarious and feel he left far too soon,I feel he had plenty more comedy moments left in him.
Freddie,wanted him to eat the 'bully' gang,think he also went too early

alex_front2
21-11-2011, 04:51 PM
Belinda - not the best housemate ever or anything, but nobody ever mentions her, even when talking about BB9 but she was a really interesting casting choice and the only good "older" woman they've ever put in the house apart from Lesley (who lasted longer but still gets lots of love).

Craig Coates was underrated for years but I think he is finally getting some appreciation :D Derek was loved at the time but doesn't seem to get mentioned much nowadays even when talking about classic posh housemates :(

Most overrated: Heaven (she wasn't that interesting really), Aaron (he's a decent old-school winner, but he's not the Messiah), Freddie (annoying), Sam Pepper.

Interesting comments, TheManWhoLaughs

Yes, Belinda Belinda Belinda was one of the best 'oldie' HMs. She was entertainingly annoying but didn't fade into the background like fellow newbie Maysoon and loved her on the cycling task and her snoring.

The thing with Craig Coates was he came up with some great one liners, LOLs, DR moments and drama but the whole 'gay stalking Anfernee' is what defines him and what everyone will remember him for. When he wore the wig and got insulted that someone likened him to Moors murderer Myra Hindley is in my all time BB moments!

Heaven was superb, she is one of the few non-old females who could hold a conversation about something other than hair straighteners, celebs, boob jobs, men and lip gloss.

Aaron, obviously is popular, he's not underrated, he's rated as he won!! In fact he's in my all time top 10 at no 5. Don't think he was overrated purely because he faced stiff competition and a campaign by BBOTs/ OKTV/wolfpack/ Jem to stop him winning :joker:

Freddie - brilliant, genuinely quirky and lacked self-awareness which is rare to find in HMs now. I was gutted when he was evicted.

Sam Peper, obviously not underrated by any means, but loved the fact he came into BB with a fortnight to go and did more than the rest had done for the whole series.

alex_front2
21-11-2011, 04:55 PM
Rex,(my fave next to Aaron)great housemate, imo would have won had Nicole not gone in.
Ben,I found him hilarious and feel he left far too soon,I feel he had plenty more comedy moments left in him.
Freddie,wanted him to eat the 'bully' gang,think he also went too early

We've got similar tastes in HMs!

Kazanne
21-11-2011, 04:59 PM
We've got similar tastes in HMs!

:xyxwave::xyxwave:Great minds and all that alex:hugesmile:and this year we got our winner.

BigBrotherfan4ever
21-11-2011, 05:58 PM
Bea
Charley (BB8)

alex_front2
21-11-2011, 06:21 PM
Bea
Charley (BB8)

I thought Charley was one of those HMs that people secretly enjoyed watching (causing drama, incidents, inadvertantly funny ie arguing with Brian in clown costume etc) but didn't like. Would much rather have her than Kara-Louise, Samanda etc.

starry
22-11-2011, 08:04 AM
Quite a few if those mentioned in this thread are far from underrated.

I'll put forward Jennie from BB7 who was virtually eliminated from the HLs after the fix to put Nikki back in.

Beastie
22-11-2011, 11:18 AM
Jayne BB7.

BigBrotherfan4ever
22-11-2011, 02:28 PM
Jayne BB7.

Oh Beastie I totally forgot about her, I think she was a great HM.

smartalec2718
24-11-2011, 03:50 AM
I've always been a big fan of Shell BB5 and she doesn't get enough recognition.

Others: Kemal and Roberto from BB6, Nicky from BB8, Sunshine from BB11.

smartalec2718
24-11-2011, 03:50 AM

iRyan
24-11-2011, 04:42 AM
Shell (BB5)
Emma (BB5)
Sam (BB6)
Roberto (BB6)
Saskia (BB6)
Orlaith (BB6)
Maxwell (BB6)
Shabnam (BB8)
Sylvia (BB9)
Rodrigo (BB10)
Angel (BB10)
Karly (BB10)
Sree (BB10)

Great housemates who don't get as much recognition as they deserve.

InOne
24-11-2011, 04:54 AM
Shell was only good cos she got naked

Marc
24-11-2011, 07:08 AM
It's hard to say because the early seasons didn't really have many underrated, especially not Adele and Spencer, those guys were great! They weren't underrated imo Alison was.

Marc
24-11-2011, 07:09 AM

She got her muff out that's why

Jordan.
30-11-2011, 05:42 PM
Charley (BB8)
Steph (BB9)
Tashie (BB11)

armand.kay
30-11-2011, 09:14 PM
govan, sunshine and ife(bb11).

calyman
01-12-2011, 09:39 AM
Aisleyne, the legend who should have won BB

alex_front2
06-12-2011, 05:20 PM
She got her muff out that's why

That's enough of a reason!

But also Shell led *sadly* to Victor's downfall during the wedding task. He was the only person who could've beaten Nadia at the point, but the sight of her swearing in terror and cryingin her wedding dress with black mascara running down her cheeks due to Victor's perceived aggression was an iconic BB moment.

reece(:
06-12-2011, 06:26 PM
BB7 Jayne, rule breakingly entertainig
Saffia, Sophia - gone too soon
Emma
Lesley & Sam - there rivalry should of gone on for longer
Grace, Sezer - gone too soon, entertaining
Billi - hated him but good tv
Emily, Shabnam - both should of stayed longer
Sylvia, Jennifer - stirred the house up but left early

Scotty07
21-02-2012, 11:10 PM
There are many who I think are underrated, but Mario BB9 and Roberto BB6 are two of the most underrated ever.

Kizzy
21-02-2012, 11:16 PM
oh my sooo many, shell yes and ashlaine, also the woman from the dunkin the custard creams thing ...without him she was really nice.
Will have to have a think about this as theres loads...ooh dan! i liked him...cant remember which one he was on and kemal, tom reminded me of him minus kemals charisma haha

Scotty07
21-02-2012, 11:33 PM
BB7 Jayne, rule breakingly entertainig
Saffia, Sophia - gone too soon
Emma
Lesley & Sam - there rivalry should of gone on for longer
Grace, Sezer - gone too soon, entertaining
Billi - hated him but good tv
Emily, Shabnam - both should of stayed longer
Sylvia, Jennifer - stirred the house up but left early

Sam's weird karaoke moment on live feed in the orange sofa room, is imo one of the funniest moments in BB history.:joker::joker::joker:

Billi was one of the best from BB8 imo, and he was only in a very short time.

swinearefine
22-02-2012, 04:22 AM
Narinder BB2: One of my favorites of all time :love: should have made it to the end
Adele BB3: She was bitchy and one of the few interesting people of BB3.
Shell BB5: The wedding :love:
Emma BB5: Gone too soon :'(
Kinga BB6: She did more in 16 days than most other housemates have done in a whole series.
Craig BB6: Trainwreck. "I refuse to diminish my character!"
Anthony BB6: He wasn't that bad. He wasn't anything special, but he wasn't that boring and was an OK winner. Better than Eugene at least.
Aisleyne BB7: She was just as entertaining as Nikki.
Emily BB8: Unfairly removed.
Shabnam BB8: Never a dull moment. And her entrance and eviction were very unique.
Nicky BB8: Hilarious, totally by accident.
Billi BB8: I always heard people say he was a terrible housemate, but actually he was fantastic and his love/hate relationship with Charley could have been great if he lasted more than 2 weeks.
Jennifer BB9: HBIC, and she caused Almost-Fight-Night II.
Sylvia BB9: Very reminiscent of Makosi
Stephanie BB9: She had such potential and she stood up to Alex
Bea BB10: The HBIC, she was at the center of everything during her time in the house and without her the last two weeks dragged. Most underrated HM ever.
Karly BB10: Hilariously blunt and bitchy.
Sophia BB10: Trainwreck
Lisa BB10: She was fairly likable and pretty argumentative.
Sunshine BB11: One of the only good things about BB11.
Tashie BB12: Everyone says she's boring, but she was actually one of the stars of the first week..

armand.kay
22-02-2012, 04:17 PM
BB09: Sylvia
BB11: Govan

Kizzy
22-02-2012, 06:02 PM
bex and that nerdy guy, rebecca nooooooooo, most unlikely coulpe but was cute to see them flirt.

bbfan1991
22-02-2012, 11:53 PM
Charley BB8
Sara BB9
Dan BB5

Kizzy
22-02-2012, 11:55 PM
dan the man! haha

Shaun
23-02-2012, 12:05 AM
BB2: Amma, Stuart, Narinder
BB4: Tania, Sissy, Federico - all quite entertaining, and evicted too early.
BB5: Dan. He seems to be labelled as boring a lot but he was pretty much the rock of the house. One of the few (in fact I struggle to name another) gay housemates that aren't a horrific stereotype.
BB6: Roberto (total wind-up merchant and really big player in the first half of the series.), Mary (she OWNED the first week, not Makosi), Derek (my favourite housemate ever. Manipulated everyone)
BB7: Lisa. I really didn't like her at all but she was at the forefront of most arguments and a big character.
BB8: Gerry. He was one of the few who could stand up to Charley, and was quite embarrassing to watch. Has turned into a bit of an arsehole since leaving though.
BB10: Sophia. Nutcase.
BB11: Caoimhe and Shabby were the only two interesting, 3D housemates that I can say weren't appreciated (the only other HM I liked was Sunshine but she's quite highly rated)
BB12...didn't exist

bbfan1991
23-02-2012, 12:16 AM
Gerry randomly followed me on Twitter, Shaun:joker:.

I agree with your choice of him and Sophia too:).

swinearefine
23-02-2012, 03:57 AM
BB5: Dan. He seems to be labelled as boring a lot but he was pretty much the rock of the house. One of the few (in fact I struggle to name another) gay housemates that aren't a horrific stereotype.

He wore mascara.

Callum
23-02-2012, 04:11 AM
Narinder BB2: One of my favorites of all time :love: should have made it to the end
Adele BB3: She was bitchy and one of the few interesting people of BB3.
Shell BB5: The wedding :love:
Emma BB5: Gone too soon :'(
Kinga BB6: She did more in 16 days than most other housemates have done in a whole series.
Craig BB6: Trainwreck. "I refuse to diminish my character!"
Anthony BB6: He wasn't that bad. He wasn't anything special, but he wasn't that boring and was an OK winner. Better than Eugene at least.
Aisleyne BB7: She was just as entertaining as Nikki.
Emily BB8: Unfairly removed.
Shabnam BB8: Never a dull moment. And her entrance and eviction were very unique.
Nicky BB8: Hilarious, totally by accident.
Billi BB8: I always heard people say he was a terrible housemate, but actually he was fantastic and his love/hate relationship with Charley could have been great if he lasted more than 2 weeks.
Jennifer BB9: HBIC, and she caused Almost-Fight-Night II.
Sylvia BB9: Very reminiscent of Makosi
Stephanie BB9: She had such potential and she stood up to Alex
Bea BB10: The HBIC, she was at the center of everything during her time in the house and without her the last two weeks dragged. Most underrated HM ever.
Karly BB10: Hilariously blunt and bitchy.
Sophia BB10: Trainwreck
Lisa BB10: She was fairly likable and pretty argumentative.
Sunshine BB11: One of the only good things about BB11.
Tashie BB12: Everyone says she's boring, but she was actually one of the stars of the first week..

Emma, Bea and Aisleyne were hardly underrated, they're all forum favorites.

swinearefine
23-02-2012, 07:42 PM
Emma, Bea and Aisleyne were hardly underrated, they're all forum favorites.

I wasn't here during their series, but it seemed to me like people overlook Aisleyne and Bea for people like Nikki and Marcus. And Bea wasn't voted into that UBB2 survey.

Scotty07
23-02-2012, 08:33 PM
I don't particularly like Aisleyne myself, but there is no way she has ever been underrated. She is one of the most popular females ever to appear on BB.

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
23-02-2012, 08:34 PM
heaven
bea
sunshine

Shaun
23-02-2012, 08:36 PM
He wore mascara.

Stuart BB9 wore eyeliner, I wouldn't say that Dan wearing mascara was a stereotype at all :shrug:

NiallMcCarthy
24-02-2012, 05:21 AM
BB1 - Sada, Nichola
BB2 - Amma, Penny
BB3 - Spencer, Alison
BB4 - Federico, Tania (if she was in a different BB, she could've won)
BB5 - Kitten, Marco
BB6 - Mary, Kemal
BB7 - Bonnie, Imogen
BB8 - Shanessa, Laura
BB9 - Nicole, Sylvia
BB10 - Sophia, Angel
BB11 - Caoimhe, Keeley
BB12 - Maisy, Tashie

NiallMcCarthy
24-02-2012, 05:25 AM
oh, and Ife, definitely Ife.

bbfan1991
24-02-2012, 04:06 PM
I don't particularly like Aisleyne myself, but there is no way she has ever been underrated. She is one of the most popular females ever to appear on BB.

I actually agree even though I cannot stand Aisleyne, although Nikki is more well known and splits opinion but they are both friends now:).

Mitchell
24-02-2012, 05:15 PM
Keeva, Rachel Ifon :)

reece(:
24-02-2012, 07:18 PM
BB5 - Kitten, Vanessa
BB6 - Sam, Mary, Kinga
BB7 - Bonnie, Jayne, Lisa
BB8 - Shabnam, Nicky
BB9 - Sylvia, Jennifer, Nicole
BB10 - Saffia, Karly, Noirin,Bea
BB11 - Caoimhe, Cougar Jo, Rachael White
BB12 - Heaven, Tashie

jadoredior
25-02-2012, 11:02 PM
Lesley BB6 - Yes she was a nasty, spiteful cow to Sam but I would have loved to have seen a confrontational über bitch like her in a boring series like BB12.

Roberto BB6 - One of the most hillarious housemates of all time. What a cheeky monkay.

Saskia BB6 - Was intelligent, feisty, funny, spoke her mind and was gorgeooooous!! She would have been great without Maxwell and those racist undertones of her behaviour - both sealed a rightfully deserved halfway point eviction.

Sam BB7 - definetely evicted at the right time but just think of all the waves her kooky behaviour made in such a short time!

Emily BB8 / Lesley BB8 - oh how that series might have been infinitely better if those two stuck around a little longer.

Belinda BB9 - Probably my numero uno most underrated HM. I didn't get the hate - she made great TV. She was a complete nut with some weird opinions, was totally being herself and stirred things up a bit too.

Ben BB11 - Just loved watching him. Great HM.

Tashie / Rebekah / Heaven BB11 - Girls with faults but personalities too. Very multilayered. Of course they were all voted off in the first three weeks. :yawn: What possessed them to put that Louise in? I swear if there is one Louise-type in BB13 I'm not watching. Georgia, Nicola & the twins showed in CBB9 it is possible to be a model and have a brain / opinion.

bbfan1991
25-02-2012, 11:39 PM
Ben underrated?:joker: He was a forum favourite and I disliked him in the end but he was the architecht of his own downfall, despite some of his fans refusing to admit it.

I eventually accepted this scenario was the case with Freddie in BB10 though but I still really liked him none the less:).

jadoredior
25-02-2012, 11:44 PM
Ben underrated?:joker: He was a forum favourite and I disliked him in the end but he was the architecht of his own downfall, despite some of his fans refusing to admit it.

I eventually accepted this scenario was the case with Freddie in BB10 though but I still really liked him none the less:).

I was trying to think of one housemate from BB11. He didn't make the final. Hated BB11. :laugh:

bbfan1991
25-02-2012, 11:47 PM
I was trying to think of one housemate from BB11. He didn't make the final. Hated BB11. :laugh:

Oh I see, through no fault of his own;).

I would have chosen someone like Rachael because she didn't come across well to some people but seemed nice enough, plus she was treated vile by that piece of work John James.

TheManWhoLaughs
07-03-2012, 06:11 PM
Georgia, Nicola & the twins showed in CBB9 it is possible to be a model and have a brain / opinion.

Georgia was a lot worse than Louise for being bland, brainless and subservient - anyone with a backbone would have shoved away Kirk in a day or two. Louise was fairly dull but she wasn't a fence-sitter (except maybe the first few weeks, when most of them were) and she did have opinions - just mostly unpopular ones in favour of poo and Jay.

Definitely should be more Rebeckah/Tashie/Heaven/Twins in BB14 though.

Zanerome
15-08-2012, 05:46 PM
I felt Tom was underrated. The HMs all loved him but the viewing public were very meh.

I completely agree with this. So weird how hardly anybody on the forum made note of the fact that the housemates all thought he had a brilliant chance of winning, even with Jay and Anton mentioning that Tom and Aaron were the only real potential winners. Shame he didn't really fit into any of the storylines. I loved him no bbbots this year

I also agree with Rodrigo.

I also felt Mario was underated his year

Flamingjoe
15-08-2012, 06:40 PM
I think Caroline (BB1), Melanie (BB1), Amma (BB2), Adele (BB3), Federico (BB4), Roberto (BB6), Shabaz (BB7), Nicky (BB8), Carole (BB8), Amy (BB8), Angel (BB10) and Sophia (BB10) were all very underrated.

CallumJoshuaSturt
15-08-2012, 07:53 PM
Derek BB6
Ben BB11
Tracey BB8
Gos BB4
Mohamed BB9
Lisa BB10
Benedict BB13
Mario BB9