PDA

View Full Version : Freddie is not coming back - is there a stand-in?

fredmeneedle
15-11-2011, 09:15 PM
Just heard that Fred isn't coming back into the show, so if Pat Sharp (who was rumoured to be the stand-in) and Sinnitta are going in anyway, who is going to replace him?

Pyramid*
15-11-2011, 09:16 PM
source please....there's money riding on this!

Ryan.
15-11-2011, 09:22 PM
Chesney Hawkes is apparently in Oz on standby.

King Gizzard
15-11-2011, 09:22 PM
Gutted. only person that kept me watching really

Kerry
15-11-2011, 10:48 PM
Awwww :(

Mind you, he didn't look fit enough for it tbf

Smithy
15-11-2011, 11:29 PM
Freddie Starr has withdrawn from I'm A Celebrity following his jungle health scare.

The 68-year-old comedian was taken to a hospital on the Gold Coast yesterday after a suspected allergic reaction to something he had eaten in the jungle.

As part of a Bushtucker Trial eating challenge with TOWIE's Mark Wright, Starr ate dishes including turkey testes, pig's anus and a fermented egg.

In a statement, ITV said: "Producers of I'm A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here have decided that Freddie Starr won't return to live in the jungle.

"Freddie has been a terrific contestant. His Bushtucker Trial is one of the stand-out moments in the history of the show and we wish him all the very best."

Earlier this year, Starr successfully underwent a quadruple heart bypass. Despite his health problems, the comic said before he entered the jungle that he felt confident he would be able to last the course.

Sinitta and Fun House star Pat Sharp were revealed as new jungle camp additions at the end of Monday night's (November 14) show.

arista
16-11-2011, 06:40 AM

Yes confirmed Live on Daybreak
ITV1HD this morning.

LeatherTrumpet
16-11-2011, 09:39 AM
I think the stand in will be The lead singer of the Foo Fighters David Gruel

stewart64
16-11-2011, 10:57 AM
Gutted. only person that kept me watching really

A bit of a disappointment from the viewers perspective. I reckon a few of the celebs might be glad though. I certainly would be wary of someone so unpredictable, a bit scary the way he turned against Stefanie Powers.

fredmeneedle
16-11-2011, 04:09 PM
I think the stand in will be The lead singer of the Foo Fighters David Gruel

Oh nooo.... fading or faded pop/rock band members are so BORING... :bored:

With, of course, the notable exceptions of Bez and Shaun from the Happy Mondays.... :dance:

Jezzy
16-11-2011, 06:02 PM
Oh come on...John Lydon or Captain Sensible would be awesome!! Chesney Hawkes though....?

Rawrbear
16-11-2011, 06:14 PM
I heard Louie Spence.
I bet its Katie Price though or some has been

fredmeneedle
16-11-2011, 07:34 PM
Oh come on...John Lydon or Captain Sensible would be awesome!! Chesney Hawkes though....?

Actually I'd forgotton John Lydon.... he's been there, done that.... the daft sod looked to be a banker to win and went and said the magic phrase and left ahead of time much to everyone's disappointment :(

Jords
16-11-2011, 08:35 PM
Might throw in another at some point I heard Louie Spence was rumoured.

HBB1508
17-11-2011, 09:43 AM
Might throw in another at some point I heard Louie Spence was rumoured.

I'd love to see Louie Spence in there he would be classic I think.

Niamh.
17-11-2011, 09:47 AM
I'd love to see Louie Spence in there he would be classic I think.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, he's the most annoying man in the world