PDA

View Full Version : Love Island is better

Pages : [1] 2

Clom
13-07-2006, 09:51 PM
IMO of course, Love Island has so much more going for it. Two highly entertaining presenters, Perfect setting, witty and luuuve hungry Islanders, the love shack and Paul Danan, YES DANAN is coming back to the Island! and maybe even that Billie Piper too. I Still like BB too, just think Love Island will be around for years after this show has ended.

Edwin
13-07-2006, 09:52 PM
cheap studio. Check. Rip-off diary room with fake projection fish tank. Check. Cheesy presenters that would be better off on CITV. Check.

The list goes on...

Sidrat2006
13-07-2006, 09:53 PM
Haven't watched enough of it to make a judgement. There doesn't seem to be a live feed or anything either. Strange that.

I also didn't know it was celebrity based.

Dan_
13-07-2006, 09:53 PM
I found it boring tbh.

Reg_Eneration
13-07-2006, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Clom
IMO of course, Love Island has so much more going for it. Two highly entertaining presenters, Perfect setting, witty and luuuve hungry Islanders, the love shack and Paul Danan, YES DANAN is coming back to the Island! and maybe even that Billie Piper too. I Still like BB too, just think Love Island will be around for years after this show has ended.
I think there's room for both. Why can't fans just get along??? :puzzled::conf:

Edwin
13-07-2006, 09:55 PM
what happenned to the 'celebrities'
the only two i recognise are both ironically from channel 4 shows.

also, why are you on a big brother forum if you don't like it?

Clom
13-07-2006, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Edwin
cheap studio. Check. Rip-off diary room with fake projection fish tank. Check. Cheesy presenters that would be better off on CITV. Check.

The list goes on... L I - Fiji, BB - Elstree, LI - well known celebs, BB - unknown Chavs, LI - Fern and Pat, BB - Pregnant again McCall, check!
:tongue:

amijaine
13-07-2006, 10:00 PM
i watched the last series and i thought that it was crap, imo, but this series is even worse, cant stand the show, would rather watch bb anyday. :spin2:

Sparacus
13-07-2006, 10:02 PM
I have heard rumours that esteemed actor/politician Adam Rickitt is set to appear on Love Island in its next series, and may possibly appear in the new Celebrity Big Brother at the end of this year. I for one await seeing his smoothe chest with relish.

Edwin
13-07-2006, 10:02 PM

The list goes on... L I - Fiji, BB - Elstree, LI - well known celebs, BB - unknown Chavs, LI - Fern and Pat, BB - Pregnant again McCall, check!
:tongue:

well least BB doesn't pretend it's some kind of luxury island when it's cleary a cheapass overcast plot of land.
well known? please tell me you're kidding.
And if you think they're chavs you've obviously never seen the show.
And who needs pathetic X-list celebrities, who just want a new four pager in the next news of the world.
Davina is much better then the stupid wooden pairing.

And big brother is actually based on something good (1984) not some lame itv producers with a tacky logo and opening titles.
Eurgh, the love island failure is making me angry while i type this.
oh, and don't get me started on the lack of a crowd.

rex3
13-07-2006, 10:03 PM
love island is like the hollyoaks and big brother is like eastenders

Edwin
13-07-2006, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by rex3
love island is like the hollyoaks and big brother is like eastenders

no, because then they would both suck.

EmilyJ
13-07-2006, 10:05 PM
I love eastenders. Love Island - never watched it. The trailers look dul enough.

elli
13-07-2006, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Clom LI - well known celebs, BB - unknown Chavs

Are you watching a different Love Island to everyone else :puzzled: Have you not noticed that they changed the title from 'Celebrity Love Island' to just 'Love Island' because most of the contestants are has beens or wanna be's :laugh:

I wish it wasn't on the same time as BB cos I would like to watch both!

Reg_Eneration
13-07-2006, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Sparacus
I have heard rumours that esteemed actor/politician Adam Rickitt is set to appear on Love Island in its next series, and may possibly appear in the new Celebrity Big Brother at the end of this year. I for one await seeing his smoothe chest with relish.
Well if Adam Rickett does appear in either LI or BB I can only imagine the ratings boost - not to mention instant prestige - the lucky show will be in for.

Edwin
13-07-2006, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Reg_Eneration
Well if Adam Rickett does appear in either LI or BB I can only imagine the ratings boost - not to mention instant prestige - the lucky show will be in for.

who the hell is that bloke? :puzzled:

Sparacus
13-07-2006, 10:11 PM
Adam Rickitt is a well versed actor, who you may have seen on the television soap opera Coronation Street. Adam also has a successful singing career under his belt, and also models. He is interested in Conservative politics and for what it's worth, would make an excellent Prime Minister.

Edwin
13-07-2006, 10:12 PM
so someone appears on coronation street and are now considered potential prime ministers?
What? did tony blair make a cameo on brookside?

Siouxsie
13-07-2006, 10:12 PM
not keen on it

Sparacus
13-07-2006, 10:13 PM
Adam Rickitt did not merely "make an appearance", he had a starring role as Nicky for many years. He has been a Conservative political activist for many years now, and would make excellent PM material.

Reg_Eneration
13-07-2006, 10:15 PM
And don't forget his string of hit recordings.

bazzerbill
13-07-2006, 10:18 PM
i think it would be really funny if after the BB houses mates gets evicted they get sent to The love island .
after all a few years ago they sent one house mate of to anther country,
so this would not be so hard to do.

Sparacus
13-07-2006, 10:20 PM
I agree. But they should also go further and re-populate the current Big Brother house with celebrities, such as esteemed politician/actor/musician/model Adam Rickitt.

Reg_Eneration
13-07-2006, 10:20 PM
Hey, you might have a cool idea there. It might help both shows if they swapped around some of the contestants. It would certainly shake things up!

Reg_Eneration
13-07-2006, 10:21 PM
I agree. But they should also go further and re-populate the current Big Brother house with celebrities, such as esteemed politician/actor/musician/model Adam Rickitt.
But would that be fair to the other contestants? I mean, that would have to seriously dent their prospects of actually winning.

Sparacus
13-07-2006, 10:24 PM
But would that be fair to the other contestants? I mean, that would have to sriously dent their prospects of actually winning.

I concur, as Adam Rickitt's body is extremely well built, many people may vote for him to win just for his smoothe chest, and that would put the other contestants, such as Love Island's Billie Piper, at a disadvantage.

Reg_Eneration
13-07-2006, 10:30 PM
You raise many cogent points in favour of your argument.

abs
13-07-2006, 10:30 PM
love island is jokes, some nice birds in there aswell like the playgirl woman, & paul gasgoines step daughter. leo makes me laugh, hes ITVs version of jonathon...

Clom
13-07-2006, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by abs
love island is jokes, yep, that's why I like it better. Jokes can be used in reality tv along with compelling drama.

Reg_Eneration
13-07-2006, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by abs
love island is jokes, yep, that's why I like it better. Jokes can be used in reality tv along with compelling drama.
There's noting wrong with reality TV that includes jokes.

I think that would raise the bar for the entire genre.

Sparacus
13-07-2006, 10:38 PM
I agree with the above sentiment about jokes, only if they involve esteemed politician/actor/musician/model Adam Rickitt.

Sparacus
13-07-2006, 10:40 PM
However, I can make an exception with the following joke.

Bill was overweight and his wife put him on a strict diet - only beans on toast for breakfast and nothing else all day. Also he must go on a ten mile jog every morning. Anyway - on the first morning he sits at the breakfast table and his wife coimes in with the beans on toast:
"Get that down your neck you fat **** then get out running." she exclaims.
So he eats it then out he goes jogging. Anyway an hour later theres a knock on the door and its the police:
" I'm sorry madam but you husband has just collapsed while jogging and died - suspected heart attack" says the officer.
Bill's wife looks puzzled:
"I don't understand it. He was FULL OF BEANS earlier!!!! - Ha Ha.

Reg_Eneration
13-07-2006, 10:42 PM
I imagine that Adam has an unsuspected gift for light comedy amongst his other talents.

Perhaps he would quickly become the modern day reality TV equivalent of Cary Grant.

abs
13-07-2006, 10:43 PM
LMAO

you jokers...

Reg_Eneration
13-07-2006, 10:43 PM
However, I can make an exception with the following joke.

Bill was overweight and his wife put him on a strict diet - only beans on toast for breakfast and nothing else all day. Also he must go on a ten mile jog every morning. Anyway - on the first morning he sits at the breakfast table and his wife coimes in with the beans on toast:
"Get that down your neck you fat **** then get out running." she exclaims.
So he eats it then out he goes jogging. Anyway an hour later theres a knock on the door and its the police:
" I'm sorry madam but you husband has just collapsed while jogging and died - suspected heart attack" says the officer.
Bill's wife looks puzzled:
"I don't understand it. He was FULL OF BEANS earlier!!!! - Ha Ha.
I think Adam should make efforts to include this in all his future political statements. It would only reinforce his common touch.

elli
13-07-2006, 10:47 PM

Is this a wind up? You can't be serious!!! Since when has an ex soap star been reffered to as an esteemed actor? He may have been in Corrie for many years, but as an avid viewer I know that he was away in Canada for most of them and only spoken of in rare conversation!

Edwin
13-07-2006, 10:50 PM
if you think someone out of corrie is a good actor then move your head in the direction of ken stott okay thanks

Sparacus
13-07-2006, 10:53 PM
Adam Rickitt IS an esteemed actor, and has been offered the lead roles in many television programmes, including being offered the chance to play the part of Ben Chatham, the Doctor's new companion, in the next series of the televisual programme Doctor Who.

Edwin
13-07-2006, 10:54 PM
are you his agent, or just a complete arse licker?

Clom
13-07-2006, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by elli

Is this a wind up? You can't be serious!!! Since when has an ex soap star been reffered to as an esteemed actor? He may have been in Corrie for many years, but as an avid viewer I know that he was away in Canada for most of them and only spoken of in rare conversation! Adam, of late, is highly regarded in both the media and political world.
his brief stint as a pop star was the building blocks to a much higher and legendry career. Trust me on this!

Reg_Eneration
13-07-2006, 10:57 PM
Is this a wind up? You can't be serious!!! Since when has an ex soap star been reffered to as an esteemed actor? He may have been in Corrie for many years, but as an avid viewer I know that he was away in Canada for most of them and only spoken of in rare conversation! [/quote]
Not in the least. It's obvious you've never had the pleasure of seeing his dynamic stage or concert performances.

The young man is indeed someone of wide-ranging talents.

Chocolate
13-07-2006, 10:57 PM
big brother is doing better then love island in the ratings

Sparacus
13-07-2006, 11:01 PM
are you his agent, or just a complete **** licker?

You appear to doubt the talents of the esteemed politician/actor/musician/model Adam Rickitt, but you will have no choice but to watch him on televisual programmes such as Celebrity Big Brother, Love Island and the upcoming third series of Doctor Who, where he will play Ben Chatham. You will also be unable to avoid him in the next few years as he progresses up the political ladder, and may eventually, I beleive, become the next Prime Minister.

Clom
13-07-2006, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Chocolate
big brother is doing better then love island in the ratings yes but Love Island is up against the BBC News, a ratings stalwart!

Sparacus
big brother is doing better then love island in the ratings

With ratings averaging only 4 million, I doubt that Channel 4 will comission a new series of Big Brother, and likewise, I doubt that Love Island will be recomissioned if it's ratings do not rise above 9 million. I believe the only way to stop the ratings flump is to stop with this abject fanwankery, and introduce intelligent, sexy and intriguing contestants such as esteemed politician/actor/musician/politician Adam Rickitt.

Reg_Eneration
Why do people always forget just how potent a ratings stalwart the BBC news is?

elli
13-07-2006, 11:10 PM
Adam Rickitt IS an esteemed actor, and has been offered the lead roles in many television programmes, including being offered the chance to play the part of Ben Chatham, the Doctor's new companion, in the next series of the televisual programme Doctor Who.

If he has been offered so many lead roles, why has he so far failed to be famous for much other than the boy from corrie, who was hyped to be a massive heart throb and was just a huge let-down.

elli
13-07-2006, 11:12 PM
are you his agent, or just a complete **** licker?

You appear to doubt the talents of the esteemed politician/actor/musician/model Adam Rickitt, but you will have no choice but to watch him on televisual programmes such as Celebrity Big Brother, Love Island and the upcoming third series of Doctor Who, where he will play Ben Chatham. You will also be unable to avoid him in the next few years as he progresses up the political ladder, and may eventually, I beleive, become the next Prime Minister.

I really think you may be his agent! Either that or you're on drugs :laugh:

Sparacus
13-07-2006, 11:12 PM
As stated in my previous post, Adam Rickitt will be appearing in the new series of Doctor Who as the Doctor's companion Ben Chatham. Adam has been taking a break from acting since Coronation Street to further his political career, and he is not a let down, and is in fact a "massive heart throb", as is evident by his smoothe chest.

Reg_Eneration
13-07-2006, 11:15 PM
And let's not forget his memorable recent successful appearance on the prestigious Question Time programme on the BBC.

Sparacus
13-07-2006, 11:17 PM
Thank you for bringing that up, Reg. His appearance on Question Timme proved that he is a voice for the people of this country, and that he is a capable political personality.

abs
13-07-2006, 11:18 PM
And let's not forget his memorbale recent successful appearance on the prestigious Question Time programme on the BBC.

:thumbs:

Reg_Eneration
13-07-2006, 11:21 PM
Thank you for bringing that up, Reg. His appearance on Question Timme proved that he is a voice for the people of this country, and that he is a capable political personality.
It would have been remiss of me to have failed to draw attention to such a landmark event in Adam's burgoning political career.

Arneldo
13-07-2006, 11:25 PM
Love Island is the biggest load of **** i have ever seen!
Im glad BB is beating it so far!

Reg_Eneration
13-07-2006, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by bb4eva
I'm glad BB is beating it so far!
Can you offer evidence for this statement?

Arneldo
13-07-2006, 11:38 PM

The new series of Love Island failed to generate ratings waves on Monday night, despite a huge marketing and scheduling push behind the show's return.

According to early figures, the 90-minute opener averaged 3.16 million viewers - a 15.1% audience share - for ITV1 from 9pm, down more than two million on the first episode from the first series last May. C4's Big Brother comfortably triumphed in the 9pm hour, averaging 4.58m (21.1%).

Digital Spy (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds34791.html)

Sparacus
13-07-2006, 11:40 PM
4.58 million is hardly a comfortable score, way below Tranter's Worry.

Reg_Eneration
13-07-2006, 11:42 PM
I would have to concur with your assessment

Clom
13-07-2006, 11:50 PM

The new series of Love Island failed to generate ratings waves on Monday night, despite a huge marketing and scheduling push behind the show's return.

According to early figures, the 90-minute opener averaged 3.16 million viewers - a 15.1% audience share - for ITV1 from 9pm, down more than two million on the first episode from the first series last May. C4's Big Brother comfortably triumphed in the 9pm hour, averaging 4.58m (21.1%).

Digital Spy (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds34791.html) Digitalspy has never been one for telling the complete truth, MediaGuardian has much more accurate information.

Reg_Eneration
13-07-2006, 11:56 PM
MediaGuardian trounces Digitalspy on so many levels.

Arneldo
13-07-2006, 11:57 PM

Digital Spy (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds34791.html) Digitalspy has never been one for telling the complete truth, MediaGuardian has much more accurate information.

Digital Spy get thee information and News Storys from the papers and other sources. I think ya can trust DS.

GlitterEyes
13-07-2006, 11:59 PM
I think Love Island is pretty boring, they will make Lee Otway the new Paual danan and make ex hollyoaks people look stupid, same as last year lol or whenever it was last on.

Clom
14-07-2006, 12:06 AM

Digital Spy get thee information and News Storys from the papers and other sources. I think you can trust DS.

Digital Spy get there information from viewingfigures.com. who always fail to post accurate information at the correct time, therefore causing panic and upset on forums around the world.

Clom
14-07-2006, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by GlitterEyes
I think Love Island is pretty boring, they will make Lee Otway the new Paual danan and make ex hollyoaks people look stupid, same as last year lol or whenever it was last on. Never fear, Paul Danan is near!

Reg_Eneration
14-07-2006, 12:09 AM
And possibly Billie Piper!

Danan and Piper... together!

Trip of a lifetime!

Sparacus
14-07-2006, 12:10 AM
I agree, Danan and Piper would make superior children.

Mickey
Viewing figures don't matter, anyway. It's AI figures that count. LI is bound to get good AI figures, especially once Paul Danan has done his fabulous surprise return to the island. All his fans have been waiting to see him come back to the show. BB should do something impressive to be sure of keeping their slice of the ratings, and I think the inclusion of somebody of Adam Rickitt's stature would be the right move at this point. He brings with him a massive legion of fans, both of his acting and his singing. Don't forget it has been rumoured that he will be joining LI at some point. Grabbing him for BB first would be a clever move.

Chocolate
i agree

GlitterEyes
14-07-2006, 12:11 AM
Watching Alecia cut bread was enough to make me switch over lol

Chocolate
14-07-2006, 12:11 AM
Big Brother running rings around Love Island!

Big Brother is teaching Love Island a lesson, as Love Island has sunk to a low of 2 million viewers.

On Tuesday night, Big Brother won its timeslot, with 4.7 million viewers, beating Bad Lads Army, which attracted 3.6 million. Later, at 10pm, Love Island managed to get 2.9 million viewers, barely beating Lost, which managed 2.6 million.

Last night, it was even worse for Love Island, when it went head to head with Big Brother, and naturally lost out, getting 2 million viewers, losing out to Big Brother's 4.4 million.

http://www.bbuksite.net/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1152824765&archive=&start_from=&ucat=3&

Reg_Eneration
14-07-2006, 12:13 AM
I agree, Danan and Piper would make superior children.
I agree. They would be truly uber-children of the very highest calibre

Sparacus
14-07-2006, 12:15 AM
Big Brother running rings around Love Island!

Big Brother is teaching Love Island a lesson, as Love Island has sunk to a low of 2 million viewers.

On Tuesday night, Big Brother won its timeslot, with 4.7 million viewers, beating Bad Lads Army, which attracted 3.6 million. Later, at 10pm, Love Island managed to get 2.9 million viewers, barely beating Lost, which managed 2.6 million.

Last night, it was even worse for Love Island, when it went head to head with Big Brother, and naturally lost out, getting 2 million viewers, losing out to Big Brother's 4.4 million.

http://www.bbuksite.net/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1152824765&archive=&start_from=&ucat=3&

A Big Brother website is not an adequate source of information, it is biased and does not relay the facts. With regards to the Piper/Danan children, we must admire them and fear them in equal measure.

Reg_Eneration
14-07-2006, 12:16 AM
You speak wise words.

Clom
14-07-2006, 12:18 AM
Love Island managed to get 2.9 million viewers, barely beating Lost, which managed 2.6 million.
Yeah, Love Island beat Lost, another channel 4 import.

abs
14-07-2006, 12:18 AM
Reg_Eneration & Sparacus are untouchable tonight!

Reg_Eneration
14-07-2006, 12:27 AM
You're too kind in your welcome, but entirely unsolicited, praise.

Messiah
14-07-2006, 12:30 AM
I'm watching both so my opinion matters more than everyone elses put together.:bigsmile: anyway from this i conclude that Big Brother is by far the more superior show.Mainly because of Nikki and Imogen.

Clom
14-07-2006, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Messiah
I'm watching both so my opinion matters more than everyone elses put together.:bigsmile: anyway from this i conclude that Big Brother is by far the more superior show.Mainly because of Nikki and Imogen. Fair comment. But how will you evaluate your opinion when Paul Danan returns to the island?

Reg_Eneration
14-07-2006, 12:39 AM
I'm watching both so my opinion matters more than everyone elses put together.:bigsmile: anyway from this i conclude that Big Brother is by far the more superior show.Mainly because of Nikki and Imogen.
The notion that your opinion matters more than everyone elses smacks of misguided elitism.

We shall see how how both shows fare when Danan, Piper and possibly Rickitt arrive on the scene.

abs
14-07-2006, 12:39 AM
I'm watching both so my opinion matters more than everyone elses put together.:bigsmile: anyway from this i conclude that Big Brother is by far the more superior show.Mainly because of Nikki and Imogen. Fair comment. But how will you evaluate your opinion when Paul Danan returns to the island?

agree! surely the ratings will be off the chart, especially if billy piper pops onto the island also!

Sparacus
14-07-2006, 12:41 AM
As stated previously, Tranter's Aspiration will be atomised by this tiple whammy of stardom entering the Island. I wait with baited breath to see Piper and Danan entering the love shack together. However, I believe that Rickitt would be better suited to Big Brother than Love Island, as they only allow heterosexual pairs, which smacks of the anti-gay agenda.

Reg_Eneration
14-07-2006, 12:42 AM
Absolutely. Very astute of you.

bazzerbill

im wondering messiah , do you ever find time to post in the Love Island forum as well?
i hear it is real good , maybe dare i say it even better than the forum here.

Messiah
If you love it so much what you doing on a Big Brother forum?Plus the whole my opinion matters more thing was obviously a joke.

Reg_Eneration
14-07-2006, 12:43 AM
I'm wondering messiah , do you ever find time to post in the Love Island forum as well?
i hear it is real good , maybe dare i say it even better than the forum here.
Is that so? Interesting.

Sparacus
14-07-2006, 12:44 AM
We are here to discuss the merits and pitfalls of both programmes. However, neither programme would have any pitfalls if Adam Rickitt were to make an appearance.

Messiah
14-07-2006, 12:45 AM
Who's he?

abs
14-07-2006, 12:45 AM
We are here to discuss the merits and pitfalls of both programmes. However, neither programme would have any pitfalls if Adam Rickitt were to make an appearance.

i like both programmes, but certain celebrities would make both programmes truly unmissible.

Clom
14-07-2006, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by abs

agree! surely the ratings will be off the chart, especially if billy piper pops onto the island also! I think the comment 'crashing the party' would be a more appropriate phrase at this time.. Muahahaha!!

Sparacus
14-07-2006, 12:47 AM
It would be trully a great television programme if Peter Cushing returned to Big Brother... FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE!!!

Reg_Eneration
14-07-2006, 12:47 AM
Yes the careful choice of celebrities in tune with the ideals of the Moopy generation can only be of benefit to both shows.

abs
14-07-2006, 01:16 AM
Yes the careful choice of celebrities in tune with the ideals of the Moopy generation can only be of benefit to both shows.

both shows would be a success with the input of those with incredible credibility!

Sparacus
14-07-2006, 01:17 AM
I remain firm in my belief that Piper and Danan should go to the Love Island to allow them an opportunity to produce their superior children. Rickitt should appear on Big Brother as he is exctremely popular with the Moopy generation, and Big Brother fans as a whole.

abs
14-07-2006, 01:19 AM
I remain firm in my belief that Piper and Danan should go to the Love Island to allow them an opportunity to produce their superior children. Rickitt should appear on Big Brother as he is exctremely popular with the Moopy generation, and Big Brother fans as a whole.

agreed. & he will without doubt become the new favourite!

Reg_Eneration
14-07-2006, 01:21 AM
Could any other outcome have been in serious doubt?

Sparacus
14-07-2006, 01:22 AM
Alas, the thread devoted to esteemed politician/actor/musician/model Adam Rickett has been moved to the General Chat section. This is a shame and not representative of the opinion of the silent majority.

abs
14-07-2006, 01:23 AM
Could any other outcome have been in serious doubt?

you would be suprised!

Reg_Eneration
14-07-2006, 01:35 AM
you would be suprised!
How pray tell? I await enlightenment.

abs
14-07-2006, 01:38 AM
you would be suprised!
How pray tell? I await enlightenment.

check out the pete threads...

Reg_Eneration
14-07-2006, 01:47 AM
I shall. But should I be afraid?

abs
14-07-2006, 01:50 AM
I shall. But should I be afraid?

mmmm, tricky. do mind yourself, mind!

Reg_Eneration
14-07-2006, 02:01 AM
I shall proceed with the utmost caution and vigilence

andybigbro
14-07-2006, 02:02 AM
no its not its sh!t

Clom
14-07-2006, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by andybigbro
no its not its sh!t How can you use the words sh!t and Love Island in the same sentence. Love Island is the way forward for british television. Forget good quality drama and documentries we need high class reality TV and Love Island is the solid base for this TV revolution.

abs
14-07-2006, 02:12 AM
no its not its sh!t

:shocked:

GlitterEyes
14-07-2006, 02:13 AM
Are you hired by Love Island to pinch away viewers? Lol:spin2:

Ella
14-07-2006, 02:14 AM
Love islands ok but BB is waaay better IMO anyway

Clom
14-07-2006, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by GlitterEyes
Are you hired by Love Island to pinch away viewers? Lol:spin2: Why would anybody hire someone to pinch away viewers? I'm just stating fact. In a recent poll by heat magazine, Love Island was ahead 3/1 over Big Brother.

Reg_Eneration
14-07-2006, 02:19 AM
no its not its sh!t
That is an incorrect way of spelling the word quality.

I could loan you either a good dictionary or thesaurus for future reference if you fear confusing such terms on any kind of regular basis.

GlitterEyes
14-07-2006, 02:20 AM
This love Island or the last?

abs
14-07-2006, 02:22 AM
no its not its sh!t
That is an incorrect way of spelling the word quality.

I could loan you either a good dictionary or thesaurus for future reference if you fear confusing such terms on any kind of regular basis.

i don't think there is a spell check on here, easily done.

Reg_Eneration
14-07-2006, 02:24 AM
i don't think there is a spell check on here, easily done.
What an odd omission for such an otherwise technologicaly advanced venue.

Clom
14-07-2006, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by Elz_Belz
Elz_Belz, I totally admire you an your opinion and also I realise you are now a great supporter of Adam Rickitt. So I can't argue with you on this one. You are truly wonderful.
:elephant::elephant::elephant::elephant::elephant: :elephant:

Ella
14-07-2006, 02:25 AM
Elz_Belz, I totally admire you an your opinion and also I realise you are now a great supporter of Adam Rickitt. So I can't argue with you on this one. You are truly wonderful.

LMAO i have always thought so...NAH only joking i detect a note of sarcasm in that comment! lol

Reg_Eneration
14-07-2006, 02:26 AM
I concur. I suggest we bestow "Honorary Companion" status on the lovely Elz_Beth.

Reg_Eneration
14-07-2006, 02:28 AM
LMAO i have always thought so...NAH only joking i detect a note of sarcasm in that comment! lol
Your dectection mechanism is misleading you. My good friends comment was undoubtedly sincere, I assure you m'dear.

Ella
14-07-2006, 02:28 AM
I concur. I suggest we bestow "Honorary Companion" status on the lovely Elz_Beth.

Why thankyou...im touched and honoured..you are invited to my wedding! Lol :laugh:

Reg_Eneration
14-07-2006, 02:30 AM
Why thankyou...I'm touched and honoured..you are invited to my wedding! Lol :laugh:
Ah, your invitation is highly generous and not a little touching.

Ella
14-07-2006, 02:31 AM
Why thankyou...I'm touched and honoured..you are invited to my wedding! Lol :laugh:
Ah, your invitation is highly generous and not a little touching.

LOL :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Reg_Eneration
14-07-2006, 02:32 AM
LOL :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Ah, the only thing brighter than a smile is a hearty laugh.

Ella
14-07-2006, 02:33 AM
Lol your not far wrong there! :wavey:

Clom
14-07-2006, 02:33 AM
LMAO i have always thought so...NAH only joking i detect a note of sarcasm in that comment! lol I really ment what I said, I read all your posts over in the Rickitt thread and I like your 'care free' attitude towards him, plus congratulations are in order on your future happpiness!

:elephant::elephant:

Ella
14-07-2006, 02:34 AM
LMAO i have always thought so...NAH only joking i detect a note of sarcasm in that comment! lol I really ment what I said, I read all your posts over in the Rickitt thread and I like your 'care free' attitude towards him, plus congratulations are in order on your future happpiness!

:elephant::elephant:

Awww thanks very much! your all very kind! :bouncy:

Reg_Eneration
14-07-2006, 02:34 AM
Lol your not far wrong there! :wavey:
Thought you'd agree.

SNEEZER
14-07-2006, 02:36 AM
I'd rather boil my balls in a vat of chip fat than watch that drivel. I watched it last year and that sleazeball Danan was a public laughing stock! The fact that he's returning will do the show no favours at all. :sleep:

Are there any celebrity shows that Sophie Anderton hasn't been on? She is so desperate!

abs
14-07-2006, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by SNEEZER
I'd rather boil my balls in a vat of chip fat than watch that drivel. I watched it last year and that sleazeball Danan was a public laughing stock! The fact that he's returning will do the show no favours at all. :sleep:

Are there any celebrity shows that Sophie Anderton hasn't been on? She is so desperate!

LMAO

Clom
14-07-2006, 02:41 AM
I'd rather boil my balls in a vat of chip fat than watch that drivel. I watched it last year and that sleazeball Danan was a public laughing stock! Danan is a reality show legend, he captured the hearts of millions back home, a true hero in everyone's eyes. If he is SO bad then why have they asked him to appear on Celeb BB?

andybigbro
14-07-2006, 02:41 AM
the show is crap we get it can we talk about big brother and not this p!sh

any1 agree

Ella
14-07-2006, 02:42 AM
I agree that the celebs on there are truly crap..i dont even know who half of them are!!

abs
14-07-2006, 02:43 AM
I'd rather boil my balls in a vat of chip fat than watch that drivel. I watched it last year and that sleazeball Danan was a public laughing stock! Danan is a reality show legend, he captured the hearts of millions back home, a true hero in everyone's eyes. If he is SO bad then why have they asked him to appear on Celeb BB?

i wonder what BB might do for competition?!?! they might bring back chantelle LMAO

Reg_Eneration
14-07-2006, 02:45 AM
the show is c**p we get it can we talk about big brother and not this p!sh

any1 agree
I think you might have something amiss with your keyboard. It seems to have inadvertantly missed out some letters in one of the key words of your post.

Reg_Eneration
14-07-2006, 02:46 AM
Danan is a reality show legend, he captured the hearts of millions back home, a true hero in everyone's eyes. If he is SO bad then why have they asked him to appear on Celeb BB?
This man speaks with the sliver tongue of wisdom.

andybigbro
14-07-2006, 02:47 AM

any1 agree
I think you might have something amiss with your keyboard. It seems to have inadvertantly missed out some letters in one of the key words of your post.

WIT!
wtf:laugh:

Clom
14-07-2006, 02:48 AM

any1 agree
Nothing much to talk about really though? The Rat or Nikki and her 3 wave wrinkle on her brow? BB2 forever!

SNEEZER
14-07-2006, 02:49 AM

You're right I'll retract that statement; I would rather boil my balls in a vat of chip infested by pirranas while every girl I have ever fancied watched!

Because his sleazy antics were the only thing that happened in the entirety of the show! It was actually that bad! It just shows how desperate they are that they need him back. they are getting killed in the ratings.

Reg_Eneration
14-07-2006, 02:50 AM

any1 agree
Nothing much to talk about really though? The Rat or Nikki and her 3 wave wrinkle on her brow? BB2 forever!
*Peers intently at thread title*
Yes, we appear to be in the correct place.

Ella
14-07-2006, 02:53 AM

any1 agree
*Peers intently at thread title*
Yes, we appear to be in the correct place.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh:

Reg_Eneration
14-07-2006, 02:54 AM
:devil:

abs
14-07-2006, 02:55 AM

LMAO

Ella
14-07-2006, 02:55 AM

That devil scares me :bored::bored: lol

Ella
14-07-2006, 02:57 AM

Was that meant to be a joke or have i missed something?? Im confussed? :conf:

Reg_Eneration
14-07-2006, 02:57 AM
That devil scares me :bored::bored: lol
Worry not. He's a happy devil. I would never I put him to use otherwise. I have no wish to burn my fingertips.

Clom
14-07-2006, 02:58 AM
they are getting killed in the ratings. This subject has already been explained, Love Island is placed in direct opposition of the BBC NEWS, not even BB could beat this stalwart in the ratings.

abs
14-07-2006, 02:59 AM
they are getting killed in the ratings. This subject has already been explained, Love Island is placed in direct opposition of the BBC NEWS, not even BB could beat this stalwart in the ratings.

voice of reason

Reg_Eneration
14-07-2006, 02:59 AM
LMAO
Amusement is a essential prerequisite for this thread.

Ella
14-07-2006, 03:00 AM
Yes but i dont understand what was funny about you putting the devils face on a post..did i miss a joke? i usually get those

Reg_Eneration
14-07-2006, 03:00 AM
voice of reason
Quite so.

Reg_Eneration
14-07-2006, 03:02 AM
those
You actually made the joke the devil was responding to, m'dear. I suspect you don't realise how just how witty you can be sometimes. :spin2:

Ella
14-07-2006, 03:04 AM
Oh ok thanks for explaining that for me :bigsmile:

SNEEZER
14-07-2006, 03:05 AM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=395168&in_page_id=1773

This explains the situation clearly. Big Brother had about a milion more viewers on love islands first night and has since changed it's time slot to avoid getting thrashed.

Reg_Eneration
14-07-2006, 03:05 AM
Oh ok thanks for explaining that for me :bigsmile:
T'was not a chore.

abs
14-07-2006, 03:10 AM
T'was not a chore. [/quote]

some are more slower off the mark, but there's hope for them still...

Reg_Eneration
14-07-2006, 03:12 AM
There's always hope. As the wise and wonderful Adam Rickitt is fond of saying: "Hope is the best hope of the ever-hopeful when hope seems in short supply".

Ella
14-07-2006, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by abs
T'was not a chore.

some are more slower off the mark, but there's hope for them still... [/quote]

Excuse me but i did not address you..you have no need to talk about me...:thumbs:

abs
14-07-2006, 03:14 AM
There's always hope. As the wise and wonderful Adam Rickitt is fond of saying: "Hope is the best hope of the ever-hopeful when hope seems in short supply".

good post.

Ella
14-07-2006, 03:15 AM
Can i just say something

I LOVE PETE

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/media/gallery/day52/d52_g_mug01.jpg

Clom
This explains the situation clearly. Big Brother had about a milion more viewers on love islands first night and has since changed it's time slot to avoid getting thrashed.
You do realise that artical comes from The Daily Mail? A daily tabloid newspaper with 'far rightwing views' and also known for propaganda and media spin. I really can't believe the words printed in that filth. I go only via MediaGuardian's ratings which state that Love Island is doing fine against the stalwart BBC News.

Reg_Eneration
Excuse me but i did not address you..you have no need to talk about me...:thumbs:
Actually m'der I suspect he was referring to himself. I'm sure abs is a true gentleman and would never dream of casting aspersions at such a sweet young lady such as your good self.

Ella
14-07-2006, 03:16 AM
Actually m'der I suspect he was referring to himself. I'm sure abs is a true gentleman and would never dream of casting aspersions at such a sweet young lady such as your good self.

LMAO gentlemen dont make me larf!!!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:
How old is Adam Rickett by the way just out of interest!?

Reg_Eneration
14-07-2006, 03:17 AM
You do realise that artical comes from The Daily Mail? A daily tabloid newspaper with 'far rightwing views' and also known for propaganda and media spin. I really can't believe the words printed in that filth. I go only via MediaGuardian's ratings which state that Love Island is doing fine against the stalwart BBC News.
I'm beginning to suspect the existence of a sinister, anti-MediaGuardian agenda within these boards.

abs
14-07-2006, 03:18 AM

yes, you post well written thoughts. you dont accuse anybody. lessons can be learned from someone like yourself!

Reg_Eneration
14-07-2006, 03:18 AM
LMAO gentlemen dont make me larf!!!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:
How old is Adam Rickett by the way just out of interest!?
The world was blessed by Adam's birth on the 29 May 1978

SNEEZER
14-07-2006, 03:19 AM

Whichever way you slice it love island is doing even worse than last year. It didn't exactly set the ratings alight then either! But if you're a fan of it then I respect that. I suppose there are scantilly clad women so it's not all bad.

By the way why do you have such an obsession with Adam Rickett? Or is it ironic humour? I really hope it's the latter.

Ella
14-07-2006, 03:20 AM
Yes yes indeed

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/media/gallery/day45/d45_2000_silent_dancers_g.jpg I LOVE PETE

Reg_Eneration
14-07-2006, 03:20 AM
yes, you post well written thoughts. you dont accuse anybody. lessons can be learned from someone like yourself!
You see? I'm rarely mistaken about someone's gentlemany quotient.

Clom
14-07-2006, 03:21 AM
Can i just say something

I LOVE PETE

Not in here! this is the Love Island Thread!

Only joking... Pete is Cool, I Love him too
:dance::dance:

Ella
14-07-2006, 03:21 AM
Gentleman....well if you say so :thumbs:

Ella
14-07-2006, 03:22 AM
Can i just say something

I LOVE PETE

Not in here! this is the Love Island Thread!

Only joking... Pete is Cool, I Love him too
:dance::dance:

Lol most people do!! :laugh:

abs
14-07-2006, 03:22 AM
By the way why do you have such an obsession with Adam Rickett? Or is it ironic humour? I really hope it's the latter. [/quote]

theres alot of this going around! i for 1 hope its the latter for others! strange people do strange things eh...
but well mannered people conduct themselves with pride.

abs
14-07-2006, 03:23 AM
You see? I'm rarely mistaken about someone's gentlemany quotient.

without doubt you speak with a golden tongue.

Reg_Eneration
14-07-2006, 03:24 AM
Gentleman....well if you say so :thumbs:
Branded a gentleman by his own words when he so graciously extended his apologies to you, m'dear.

Ella
14-07-2006, 03:25 AM
No apologies needed! I find it highly amusing!! :laugh: Im easily amused

Reg_Eneration
14-07-2006, 03:26 AM
No apologies needed! I find it highly amusing!! :laugh: I'm easily amused
Ah but it's very difficult to be easily amused all the time. easy is often hard to maintain.

Ella
14-07-2006, 03:27 AM
Im always happy takes a lot to knock me down...Im especailly happy today...hehe im on top of the world..so it feels!!

Clom
14-07-2006, 03:28 AM
By the way why do you have such an obsession with Adam Rickett? Or is it ironic humour? I really hope it's the latter. Don't worry it's the latter! I love Paul Danan :wink:

Rickitt is a close 2nd

Reg_Eneration
14-07-2006, 03:30 AM
Don't worry it's the latter! I love Paul Danan ;) [/quote]
Don't let Sparacus hear you utter such blasphemy.:nono:

abs
Ah but it's very difficult to be easily amused all the time. easy is often hard to maintain. [/quote]

indeed! certain HMs this year went in the house in a blaze of glory, now they find it hard to regain such energy! steady wins the race.

Ella
Lol....Paul Danan is an absolute twonk!!<<My new favourite word!!

Reg_Eneration
14-07-2006, 03:31 AM
indeed! certain HMs this year went in the house in a blaze of glory, now they find it hard to regain such energy! steady wins the race.
Quite so. It's the tortoise and the hare scenario.

Ella
14-07-2006, 03:32 AM
Quite so. It's the tortoise and the hare scenario.

Pete to win!!!! random i know but i feel i need to say it :hello:

Reg_Eneration
14-07-2006, 03:32 AM
New word? Heaven's "Twonk" was an old word even before I was young!

Ella
14-07-2006, 03:33 AM
New word? Heaven's "Twonk" was an old word even before I was young!

Lol yes it is an old word but its my new word for the week! :laugh:

Reg_Eneration
14-07-2006, 03:33 AM
Pete to win!!!! random i know but i feel i need to say it :hello:
Randomness tends to arrive at unexpected times.

Reg_Eneration
14-07-2006, 03:34 AM
And an excellent word for the week it is too.

Ella
14-07-2006, 03:34 AM
Yes it does especially with me! :hello:

Ella
14-07-2006, 03:35 AM
And an excellent word for the week it is too.
Why thankyou..i think so! :thumbs:

Reg_Eneration
14-07-2006, 03:35 AM
Yes it does especially with me! :hello:
Better random that predictable.

Ella
14-07-2006, 03:36 AM
Exactly predictable is boring!

Clom
14-07-2006, 03:38 AM
Don't worry it's the latter! I love Paul Danan ;)
Don't let Sparacus hear you utter such blasphemy.:nono: [/quote] Ok, sorry spara... ar yes but Spara's gone to bed so Danan rules the classroom!

:elephant::elephant::elephant::elephant::elephant:

Reg_Eneration
14-07-2006, 03:39 AM
Exactly predictable is boring!
Total snoozeville.

Ella
14-07-2006, 03:40 AM
To many pretictable people around it makes me bored and it annoys me when people are predictable and up there own backside!!! There the worse!

Reg_Eneration
14-07-2006, 03:40 AM
Don't worry it's the latter! I love Paul Danan ;)
Don't let Sparacus hear you utter such blasphemy.:nono: Ok, sorry spara... ar yes but Spara's gone to bed so Danan rules the classroom!

:elephant::elephant::elephant::elephant::elephant: [/quote]
Ah, but you should know when he wakes up the very first thing that he'll do is read each and every post in search of disloyalty to Adam.

You tread very dangerous ground, my friend.

Reg_Eneration
14-07-2006, 03:41 AM
To many pretictable people around it makes me bored and it annoys me when people are predictable and up there own backside!!! There the worse!
Absolutely agree.

Ella
14-07-2006, 03:44 AM
Oh dear...Adam will be upset with you Clom :tongue:

Reg_Eneration
14-07-2006, 03:46 AM
Oh dear...Adam will be upset with you Clom :tongue:
Adam will be the least of poor Clom's worries once Emperor Sparcus awakes!

Ella
14-07-2006, 03:47 AM
Lol is he that scary! :devil:<<< ARGGH!!!! :sad:

Reg_Eneration
14-07-2006, 03:50 AM
Lol is he that scary! :devil:<<< ARGGH!!!! :sad:
Only when he feels Adam has been insulted or betrayed.

Ella
14-07-2006, 03:51 AM
:sad: I will never disrespect Adam again!

Reg_Eneration
14-07-2006, 03:53 AM
:sad: I will never disrespect Adam again!
You are a sweet and very wise girl. :thumbs:

Ella
14-07-2006, 03:53 AM
I must be going to bed now, i have a busy day ahead in the morning! I will spread the good word about Adam!! Byee :xyxwave:

Reg_Eneration
14-07-2006, 04:01 AM
I must be going to bed now, i have a busy day ahead in the morning! I will spread the good word about Adam!! Byee :xyxwave:
Bye! was a pleasure chatting with you. :xyxwave:

SNEEZER
14-07-2006, 04:12 AM
By the way why do you have such an obsession with Adam Rickett? Or is it ironic humour? I really hope it's the latter. Don't worry it's the latter! I love Paul Danan :wink:

Rickitt is a close 2nd

I'm glad to hear it. Your new avatar freaks me out! :laugh:

SiMoN!
14-07-2006, 09:27 AM

The list goes on...

agree
it looks rubbish this year

Sparacus
14-07-2006, 09:58 AM
I awoke this morning with the horrible feeling that Adam had been insulted or betrayed. I was shocked and appaled to discover that the perpetrator of this heinour crime was one of our own. Please refrain from this in the future.

Edwin
14-07-2006, 09:59 AM
9 pages of adam rickett tosh, woohoo

iguanaboy
14-07-2006, 10:17 AM
Getting back on topic... I agree with the title of this thread; Love Island has been a far more enjoyable programme this year, with the return of Paul Danan being a highlight for me. Big Brother needs to do something very impressive to win this viewer back!

Sparacus
14-07-2006, 10:41 AM
I concur. If the rumours about Love Island bringing in Billie Piper and Chris Evans are true, then Big Brother will surely need to introduce a celebrity into the mix. I propose none other than esteemed politician/actor/musician/model Adam Rickitt.

Edwin
14-07-2006, 10:44 AM
who cares about celebrities?

you can get much more entertaining people who aren't celebrities.

or should I say "celebrities"

Originally posted by iguanaboy
Getting back on topic... I agree with the title of this thread; Love Island has been a far more enjoyable programme this year, with the return of Paul Danan being a highlight for me. Big Brother needs to do something very impressive to win this viewer back!

It doesn't need to win any viewers back, since it hasn't lost any.
That's more than we can say for love island.

iguanaboy
14-07-2006, 11:02 AM

I have heard far more positive things said about Love Island by the water cooler at work than I have about Big Brother. Face it, Danan is a big pull.

Edwin
14-07-2006, 11:04 AM

I have heard far more positive things said about Love Island by the water cooler at work than I have about Big Brother. Face it, Danan is a big pull.

the water cooler in the itv producers office. :rolleyes:

Sparacus
14-07-2006, 11:11 AM
Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

Nikkos
14-07-2006, 11:17 AM
Love Island's ****. It's just so cheesy. Who wants to see c-list celebs shagging?

iguanaboy
14-07-2006, 11:17 AM

Thanks for the support. It seems that some people simply cannot accept that Love Island is the superior programme.
I personally blame the technology at Channel Four's disopsal; it's slowly over-shadowing Love Island at every available oportunity and not giving it a fair run for its money. If I had my way, I'd sue tech, the detroyer :(

Sparacus
14-07-2006, 11:18 AM
Yes, Big Brother's recent reliance on shoddy CG makes my blood boil. Lea's breasts, for example.

iguanaboy
14-07-2006, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by nikkos12345
Love Island's ****. It's just so cheesy. Who wants to see c-list celebs sh*****g?

:nono: It's more than that; it's a microcosm of society, where love knows no rules and blooms, defying the circumscribing factors (i.e. game rules) that are artifically imposed upon it. S*****g is a natural occurence, so stopping that would just be plain daft.

Sparacus
14-07-2006, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by nikkos12345
Love Island's ****. It's just so cheesy. Who wants to see c-list celebs sh*****g?

:nono: It's more than that; it's a microcosm of society, where love knows no rules and blooms, defying the circumscribing factors (i.e. game rules) that are artifically imposed upon it. S*****g is a natural occurence, so stopping that would just be plain daft.

I concur witht he above sentiment. However, the silent majority do watch Big Brother, and I believe that it too is a microcosm of our collective shared culture.

Edwin
14-07-2006, 11:41 AM
if you hate big brother then sod off.
This is a big brother forum. You're not going to change anyones opinions, and you're just going to aggrevate everyone on here.
Go and find a love Island forum please.

Sparacus
14-07-2006, 11:42 AM
I do not hate Big Brother, and I assume the other poster does not aswell. He believes that Big Brother is not as good as Love Island, but does not expressy hate Big Brother. Please respect his opinions. Adam Rickitt would make Big Brother far superior, however.

Reg_Eneration
14-07-2006, 11:56 AM
I concur. I detect no hate for Big Brother in either your or the other person's posts. A grave injustice is in danger of being carried out in this regard.

However, I must definitely agree that the inclusion of Adam Rickitt would boost the show to strapospheric hights.

iguanaboy
14-07-2006, 11:59 AM
if you hate big brother then sod off.
This is a big brother forum. You're not going to change anyones opinions, and you're just going to aggrevate everyone on here.
Go and find a love Island forum please.

I do not hate Big Brother: why on earth would I sign up for these forums if I did?! I merely think that, this year, it has been rather weak in comparisson to Love Island, which I have found to be more interesting on intellectual, social and pleasurable levels.

Bells
14-07-2006, 12:01 PM
Fair enough then guys! :thumbs:

Edwin
14-07-2006, 12:02 PM
WHY ARE YOU SO OBSESSED WITH ADAM RICKITT?

iguanaboy
14-07-2006, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by ice_maiden02
Fair enough then guys! :thumbs:

Thank you ever so much for the support; I'm a newbie poster and trying to find my feet, so to speak. I'll stand by Big Brother, of course, but it needs something to spice it up. Hopefully this Adam Rickett rumour is true.

Reg_Eneration
14-07-2006, 12:18 PM
It is not an obsession to admire a superior entity.

iguanaboy
14-07-2006, 12:23 PM
It is not an obsession to admire a superior entity.

Well said that man.

Edwin
14-07-2006, 12:25 PM
i give up, i have better conversations with a broken record of "hit me baby one more time"

iguanaboy
14-07-2006, 12:29 PM
i give up, i have better conversations with a broken record of "hit me baby one more time"

This is a thread entitled Love Island Is Better, so it stands to reason that we are probably going to prefer Love Island to this series of Big Brother. We've even given valid reasons for our preference, sighting social and political angles among many others. Adam Rickett is a tangent, true, but one that is on-topic in relation to our viewpoints.
Just as we are entitled to ours, of course, you are entitled to yours; we wish to converse with you, but if 7" Britney Spears records are more your bag, then that's okay.
When Adam Rickett turns up, I bet it'll be Breathe Aagin in your CD Player instead though :spin2:

Edwin
14-07-2006, 12:30 PM

iguanaboy
14-07-2006, 12:30 PM
I was not being sarcastic.

Edwin
14-07-2006, 12:32 PM
"A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule"

Reg_Eneration
14-07-2006, 12:33 PM
Well said that man.
I spoke only truth.

iguanaboy
14-07-2006, 12:36 PM
"A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule"

The language I used was not intended to be nasty, snide or, indeed, scornful. You made a comment, I responded. Your own posts have been rather anti those of us who prefer Love Island anyway, and clearly intended to do just that which you have accussed us of doing, which is pot calling the kettle black, is it not?
I am sorry if I offended you in any way, I honestly assure you it was not my intention. The Britney Spears/Breathe Again comment was intended as a joke, hence the smiley, and not an excuse for a free-for-all Edwin bash.
I guess this is me trying to hold out an olive branch to you. I love Love Island and Adam Rickett, and you do not. Shall we just leave it at that? :wavey:

Reg_Eneration
14-07-2006, 12:36 PM
This definition is accurate in its content, but misplaced within the context of the discussion at hand.

Bells
14-07-2006, 12:37 PM
OMG you people have me in stitches!!...:laugh: Just reading your conversation has me laughing.

Anyway, to iguanaboy, no probs - I'm always nice to newbies! :thumbs:

And I think it's cool that you like Adam Rickett! I used to like him too..then he released a single and disappeared for a while :conf: hehe so I haven't heard much from him since then.

Reg_Eneration
14-07-2006, 12:39 PM
OMG you people have me in stitches!!...:laugh: Just reading your conversation has me laughing.

And I think it's cool that you like Adam Rickett! I used to like him too..then he released a single and disappeared for a while :conf: hehe so I haven't heard much from him since then.
Adam has been away diligently perusing his nacent political career.

iguanaboy
14-07-2006, 12:39 PM

He went back to acting for a while, and has recently tried to launch himself as a serious, hard-nosed politician, with largely positive results. Certainly, I know a lot of people my age are rooting for him.

Bells
14-07-2006, 12:42 PM
Riight..

Well er, good luck to him then! :thumbs:

I think it'd be cool if he went into the BB house anyway.

iguanaboy
14-07-2006, 12:44 PM
Riight..

Who knows, if it happens it may replace Love Island's special cubby hole in my heart.

Reg_Eneration
14-07-2006, 12:45 PM
Riight..

How very sweet and open-minded of you to say so. :)

We like you and appreciate your contributions to this discussion.

Bells
14-07-2006, 12:45 PM
Who knows, if it happens it may replace Love Island's special cubby hole in my heart. [/quote]

lol we'll have to see then! :thumbs:

iguanaboy
14-07-2006, 12:48 PM
Who knows, if it happens it may replace Love Island's special cubby hole in my heart.

lol we'll have to see then! :thumbs: [/quote]

It'll be worth the wait :tongue:

Reg_Eneration
14-07-2006, 12:52 PM
Absolutely! :hugesmile:

iguanaboy
14-07-2006, 01:14 PM
I see Edwin never accepted my olive branch: how upsetting :sad:

Edwin
14-07-2006, 01:15 PM
i don't even know what you mean by olive branch, pmsl

iguanaboy
14-07-2006, 01:17 PM
i don't even know what you mean by olive branch, pmsl

A white flag; a token of peace; an attempt to stop the sniping and start the loving. Something that has apparently been shunned.

Edwin
14-07-2006, 01:20 PM
oh okay i accept it, there was never an argument anyway, i'm like that with everyone :spin2:

iguanaboy
14-07-2006, 01:21 PM
:hello: Hurrah! Nothing like a nice, happy ending :bouncy:

Reg_Eneration
14-07-2006, 01:27 PM
Hurrah! The white dove of peach has settled within the branche of our little thread! :dance:

Bells
14-07-2006, 01:28 PM
We like you and appreciate your contributions to this discussion. [/quote]

lol well I like you too! :thumbs:

I think you're funny..:tongue:

But I also think your comments are good and well-thought out too! :spin2:

iguanaboy
14-07-2006, 01:31 PM
I'm so glad that this thread has settled down now: just goes to show that, with a little TLC, happiness will prevail.