PDA

View Full Version : Emma Willis to replace Brian Dowling as Big Brother host?

Matt
13-03-2013, 06:50 AM
It's the news the majority of us have been waiting for :worship:

BIG Brother’s next eviction could be that of show host Brian Dowling.

TV Biz can reveal that Emma Willis from spin-off show Big Brother’s Bit On The Side (BBBOTS) has been offered the gig.

Bosses are understood to want her on board the main show in a bid to inject some glamour into the franchise and recapture the buzz of the Davina McCall years on Channel 4.

Emma — married to former Busted singer Matt Willis — is now weighing up the move, which is set to be confirmed within the next two weeks.

Brian, who won the reality TV show in 2001, has been hosting the programme for the past two years since it moved from Channel 4 to Channel 5.

An insider said: “Brian has been a great host but Emma is seen by channel chiefs as a true successor to Davina. They’re talking to her now about taking over the role from the summer.

“Like Davina when she hosted the show, Emma’s young, a mum of two, and very glamorous.

“The audience love her on BBBOTS and execs want to capitalise on that.

“She’s thinking it over but it’s a great opportunity and she would be mad to turn it down.”

If Emma accepts the job, C5 bosses will have to compensate Brian, who is understood to be contracted for the next two runs — the main series shown over the summer and the subsequent Celebrity show.

One option being suggested is that he switches places with Emma to host BBBOTS, but he is unlikely to settle for a downgrade.

Last night spokesmen for Brian, C5 and Emma all declined to comment.

Source: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/big_brother/4838596/Brian-to-face-BB-eviction.html

There must be some level of truth to this - The Sun wouldn't run a Big Brother story as the lead article in their TV section now unless it was important

Got everything crossed that this happens, but hopefully Dowling won't get the BBBOTS job - would rather Alice and Jamie were handed that full time

SharkAttack
13-03-2013, 06:55 AM
Is this an early April Fools Day joke? <goes to Twitter immediately> ;)

Sawyer
13-03-2013, 07:19 AM
This should of happened after the first celebrity series. How he ever passed a screen test I have no idea, but brilliant news if true!

Sawyer
13-03-2013, 07:22 AM
Can anyone see Emma taking it though, surely it would be awkward for her being friends with him and everything?

DigitalSid
13-03-2013, 07:37 AM
This should of happened after the first celebrity series. How he ever passed a screen test I have no idea, but brilliant news if true!

I'd put money on it being so, The Sun are almost impeccable for BB related stuff and they're running it as their main tv story, an X Factor judging rumour would get them a lot more visits if it's just a slow tv news, let's make something up day and Marcus did mention rumours of big changes to the house and stage and they do seem to be approaching the auditions and housemate selection differently this year.

Saph
13-03-2013, 07:41 AM
Praying this is true

DigitalSid
13-03-2013, 07:43 AM
Can anyone see Emma taking it though, surely it would be awkward for her being friends with him and everything?

She's got two kids too look after, the job comes first, and taking Brian's gig would mean a pay rise and about a 5th of the hours.

Matt
13-03-2013, 07:47 AM
Worth bearing in mind that Emma is about to hit ITV Saturday night primetime with her new gameshow Prize Island - it'll be her most prominent gig to date, and if it takes off and she starts getting more and more offers, C5 may have to make her the main Big Brother host to keep her

Cherie
13-03-2013, 07:48 AM
what a dilemma for her, with them being such good friends, I thought Brian was improving and Emma can be mega annoying, if they are to replace Brian I would have liked them to get someone fresh into the role but hey ho if thats what we got then thats what we got.

JohnnyBB
13-03-2013, 07:55 AM
trying not to get excited but realy wants to get excited for emma!

BIRDisTHEword
13-03-2013, 07:58 AM
please please please let this be true

joeysteele
13-03-2013, 07:59 AM
Bad move in my view, the age of Davina is gone, trying to re-capture that would fail badly and especially with Emma as host.
Quite frankly,I have stopped watching bbbots partly because of its format but Emma has for me got worse doing bbbots during her time presenting it.

No way could I see Brian accepting a downgrade of position, nor should he.He has to me improved,particularly in the last series.
If a change of presenter is deemed to be needed for the main show then so be it,if that is what the producers want,however it shouldn't be Emma,no way.

SharkAttack
13-03-2013, 08:15 AM
Brian is great because he's been in there a few times, and did extremely well. I like that in a host because he can ask questions more poignant than someone who knows the behind-the-scenes action. He's improved and I've enjoyed his hosting as much as one can. Emma wouldn't be awful, though, but I'd definitely miss Dowling if he left.

DigitalSid
13-03-2013, 08:27 AM
Re: Alice and Jamie Matt, it would be Jamie, if either of them, that got the weekday shows, Alice is on Radio 1 the time they're on.

Bad move in my view, the age of Davina is gone, trying to re-capture that would fail badly and especially with Emma as host.
Quite frankly,I have stopped watching bbbots partly because of its format but Emma has for me got worse doing bbbots during her time presenting it.

No way could I see Brian accepting a downgrade of position, nor should he.He has to me improved,particularly in the last series.
If a change of presenter is deemed to be needed for the main show then so be it,if that is what the producers want,however it shouldn't be Emma,no way.

Brian is great because he's been in there a few times, and did extremely well. I like that in a host because he can ask questions more poignant than someone who knows the behind-the-scenes action. He's improved and I've enjoyed his hosting as much as one can. Emma wouldn't be awful, though, but I'd definitely miss Dowling if he left.

I like Brian as a person, but although he's improved slightly, he's a god awful live presenter. Emma, I'd go as far as to say, is one of our country's best, I'm only surprised they didn't use the expiry of Brian's original contract last year ass a chance to get rid then. They've signed him, then 11 months later done a u-turn. Hope this part of a bigger over all revamp and hope Emma doesn't chicken out of accepting now it's in the public eye, it's known she's considered it now so any friendship with Brian, if he's petty enough to hold it against her (careers come first), is probably ruined anyway.

Me. I Am Salman
13-03-2013, 08:40 AM
Yes please be true. Anyone but Brian

Marc
13-03-2013, 08:47 AM
Thank the lord

Jake.
13-03-2013, 09:09 AM
if this is true... :love:

Buck
13-03-2013, 09:16 AM
Well, I don't know if I should be looking forward to that. I am a huge fan of Emma Willis, but if she took over the main show, she wouldn't be hosting BOTS anymore. This would mean that we only get to see her once a week instead of five times. Plus, on BOTS she can talk by guess and by gosh. And I don't think this is possible on the main show...

Ramsay
13-03-2013, 09:27 AM
PLEASE!!
But hope Brian gets the BBBOTS job

Suze
13-03-2013, 09:27 AM
I can't remember the name of the big Brian fan on this site, but if anyone knows for sure if it's true, I am guessing it would be that member. I wonder if she will comment on it being a rumour or not?

Jack_
13-03-2013, 09:30 AM
I kinda don't want this to be true cause I love BOTS so much and she makes that show for me :( I don't watch it at weekends so that says it all.

I don't really mind Brian that much nowadays anyway, he's not perfect but he's alright. I guess the perfect scenario here would be Emma taking on the main show but still doing Bit On The Side from Monday to Friday, but I really doubt that'd happen. I really don't want her to leave that show, within just two years I consider it to be her baby, just like Little Brother was Dermot's baby. And plus she can be herself on there, it's a lot more difficult to be on the main show, you can see this with Brian.

Also I wanted to go in the audience of BOTS this summer and I'll be pissed if she's not doing it.

Roy Mars III
13-03-2013, 09:31 AM
terrible news. Don't really like Brian, but Emma isn't right for the main show

InOne
13-03-2013, 09:42 AM
Brain is really really bad. Emma for the job please :pipe:

SharkAttack
13-03-2013, 10:00 AM
Would actually like to see East host a full season of regular BB. http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp32/sharkattack_torrential/smilies/dunno.gif Anyone agree or disagree?

I've often thought about a co-host routine. One in the tower, one on the floor. But it might get all 1990's MTV crap.

Jamie: "we've got amazing things happening up here in the tower...roger." Emma: "Yes, we most certainly d-" Jamie: "Hold on, I have a striped shirt and look like a pirate cologne ad, Emma." Emma: "And here is our first housemate! It's-"
Jamie: " ...the ..no, you go, Emma." Emma: "It's Darla!" <croud applause> Jamie: (4 seconds later) "It's Darla! Wooo!"

Emma: "this sux."

Jordan.
13-03-2013, 10:23 AM
Don't make me cry years of joy. The only downside of this would not be seeing Emma everynight on bots, that's one of the things that makes Brian seem out of the BB loop because we only see him once a week.

Niamh.
13-03-2013, 10:41 AM
I can't remember the name of the big Brian fan on this site, but if anyone knows for sure if it's true, I am guessing it would be that member. I wonder if she will comment on it being a rumour or not?

Dizzy Bint

Awww I hope it's not true but if it is I hope he takes the BOTS job

Lee.
13-03-2013, 10:44 AM
I really hope this isn't true. I cant watch her, unless the sound is turned down! Her voice is similar to that of a banshee

Black Dagger
13-03-2013, 10:51 AM
I can't stand either.

Give it to Alice :pipe:

Niamh.
13-03-2013, 10:52 AM
I really hope this isn't true. I cant watch her, unless the sound is turned down! Her voice is similar to that of a banshee

In a way It'd be better because Brian would be on more often though (if he took the BOTS job that is)

Niamh.
13-03-2013, 10:52 AM
I can't stand either.

Give it to Alice :pipe:

Alice is a terrible host, she's always messing up and tripping over her words when she stands in for Emma or does the weekend shows

Black Dagger
13-03-2013, 10:54 AM
Brian will be so much better on BOTS.

He will be able to cut himself loose and laugh at himself, he wouldn't be as wooden.

Niamh.
13-03-2013, 10:55 AM
Brian will be so much better on BOTS.

He will be able to cut himself loose and laugh at himself, he wouldn't be as wooden.

Yeah I think he'd probably be better on BOTS too, don't know if he'd take the job after having been main host though

Andrew.
13-03-2013, 11:01 AM
the best day of my life

i feel tears of joy coming.

honestly, i will start watching the evictions again, as ive not watched an eviction interview for about 2 years.

Sawyer
13-03-2013, 01:43 PM
Lets face it, if they offered him bots he should take it. He can't afford to be picky, the job offers aren't exactly rolling in...

Jarrod
13-03-2013, 01:51 PM
This has to happen! :amazed:

Ramsay
13-03-2013, 01:54 PM
Should of been Emma at the start really and Brian fronting BBTOS

DigitalSid
13-03-2013, 01:55 PM
Lets face it, if they offered him bots he should take it. He can't afford to be picky, the job offers aren't exactly rolling in...

Can you imagine the Emma interaction though, even Brian would struggle to just laugh it off with a weekly "She stole my job the bitch, it's Emma Willis!"

Matt
13-03-2013, 02:00 PM
Re: Alice and Jamie Matt, it would be Jamie, if either of them, that got the weekday shows, Alice is on Radio 1 the time they're on.

Forgot about that

Bitch ruining the master plan :idc:

Jordan.
13-03-2013, 02:01 PM
NO to Brian on bots. It has to be Alice and Jamie.

DigitalSid
13-03-2013, 02:10 PM
It's true:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BFPI6bhCQAAdGfB.jpg
(Screenshot courtesy of BBXtra, tweets verified)

reece(:
13-03-2013, 02:11 PM
I ****ing hope so, but i'd hate to have Brian 5 times a week on BOTS. :bored:

Jake.
13-03-2013, 03:20 PM
It would make the launch and evictions a bit less of a camp fest imo

the truth
13-03-2013, 03:25 PM
this will speed up the end of big brother forever, shes the worst tv presenter in history

Roy Mars III
13-03-2013, 03:27 PM
she's way too bias

zakman440
13-03-2013, 04:27 PM
Emma could do both like Davina did?

Patrick
13-03-2013, 04:40 PM
omfg. :amazed:

Let's be honest, the only reason Brian got the gig in the first place was because he won UBB the Summer before CBB8 begun, and they needed something to bring the viewers in - or some form of similarity to the Channel 4 era, seeing as it's now a different show altogether.

Emma needs to accept this. She'll be perfect. Brian can go ****** himself, I honestly don't care what he does, he can go on BOTS if his contract is that important to Endemol. He's pointless, talentless, and useless.

Don't get me wrong, as a housemate - he's ******ing incredible and one of the best there is, but as a host - he's out of his depth and we all knew that from the day Big Brother started again.

oopsimawesome
13-03-2013, 04:46 PM
omfg. :amazed:

Let's be honest, the only reason Brian got the gig in the first place was because he won UBB the Summer before CBB8 begun, and they needed something to bring the viewers in - or some form of similarity to the Channel 4 era, seeing as it's now a different show altogether.

Emma needs to accept this. She'll be perfect. Brian can go ****** himself, I honestly don't care what he does, he can go on BOTS if his contract is that important to Endemol. He's pointless, talentless, and useless.

Don't get me wrong, as a housemate - he's ******ing incredible and one of the best there is, but as a host - he's out of his depth and we all knew that from the day Big Brother started again.

Preach!!!! Having Davina's mini me, Emma, take over would be bloody brilliant.

Drew.
13-03-2013, 05:48 PM
i love this and dislike it at the same time.. im not a fan of Brian but i love Emma on bit on the side and shes on our tv screens more doing that than what she would be whilst hosting the main show

aj2463
13-03-2013, 05:54 PM
Yes! This needs to happen, should have happened before now

Bigest Brother Fan ever
13-03-2013, 06:35 PM
How long do you think it will be till its confirmed ?

DigitalSid
13-03-2013, 06:50 PM
How long do you think it will be till its confirmed ?

Two weeks if she accepts.

Tregard
13-03-2013, 07:08 PM

Bit extreme, don't you think?

Bigest Brother Fan ever
13-03-2013, 07:18 PM
Just been on twitter and more proof of dowling being axed by the man himself!!

Brian Dowling ‏@brianofficial
@narindertweets Let's see how the next few days pan out and if it goes your way I may let it be a "I told u so" holiday!!!!
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Bigest Brother Fan ever
13-03-2013, 07:18 PM
to see the post scroll down and oepn the conversations about holidays

https://twitter.com/narindertweets

Jack_
13-03-2013, 07:22 PM
Just been on twitter and more proof of dowling being axed by the man himself!!

Brian Dowling ‏@brianofficial
@narindertweets Let's see how the next few days pan out and if it goes your way I may let it be a "I told u so" holiday!!!!
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

:o

Oh dear, seems Narinder has been saying to him that she thinks he'll be ditched...and now he believes it...

I'm really starting to hope this doesn't happen. I'm going to be so gutted if Emma leaves Bit On The Side :(

Sawyer
13-03-2013, 07:43 PM
hopefully this will coincide with the big revamp of the external stages and the house structure!

Patrick
13-03-2013, 07:44 PM
Honestly, BOTS is a sh*te show anyway. They could axe it for all I care.

The fact of the matter is, Jamie and Alice are MORE than capable of handling Bit On The Side by themselves - and Emma could easily drop by now and then.

The important thing here, is the main show - not some silly little bollocks show on 5*, and that is why Emma needs to be at the front. Not Brian.

zakman440
13-03-2013, 07:46 PM
hopefully this will coincide with the big revamp of the external stages and the house structure!

This is what I'm hoping for too!

Patrick

This :love:

OMG. Maybe just maybe, they'll ditch the cloud graphics too if we're lucky :amazed:

Bigest Brother Fan ever
completely agree with you patrick :)

zakman440
13-03-2013, 07:51 PM
This :love:

OMG. Maybe just maybe, they'll ditch the cloud graphics too if we're lucky :amazed:

It's not just the clouds, the CBB11 titles still had the 'eye in the sky' theme with the northern lights. They need to ditch that concept entirely.

Patrick
13-03-2013, 08:03 PM
A quote from an Article I seen there;

And while Brian, 34, has proved a favourite with viewers over the last two years, it is thought Emma can add some much-needed glamour to the show – much like Brian’s predecessor Davina McCall.

:laugh2: :laugh2: ;laugh2:

Patrick
13-03-2013, 08:03 PM

And while Brian, 34, has proved a favourite with viewers over the last two years, it is thought Emma can add some much-needed glamour to the show – much like Brian’s predecessor Davina McCall.

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

DigitalSid
13-03-2013, 09:14 PM

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

DS poll, results absolutely genuine, check yourself:

Emma replacing Brian, yay or neigh?

Yay! 62 87.32%
Neigh! 9 12.68%

:laugh2:

DigitalSid
13-03-2013, 09:24 PM
Brian's recent tweets to Narinder (combined with the fat lady tweet earlier) pretty much confirm it, she's booking a holiday for them and he basically said have fun without me (i.e. he's no longer going) and said he'd see how the next few days (Emma's discussions then his if she accepts?) pan out before saying that if he goes it'll be an "I told you so" holiday on Narinder's behalf (I told you you'd still have the/a job?). Hope Emma doesn't get cold feet.

mizzy25
13-03-2013, 09:29 PM
i hope its not true brian imo deserves to stay, ive only watched bbots a few times and im not keen on emma

Brekkie
13-03-2013, 09:29 PM
About time - Brian should have been axed at the end of the very first C5 Celeb series, never mind be allowed to front four more celeb series and two main ones. He's just a terrible presenter and he hasn't got the intelligence to carry a live show - the only descriptive word he could think of during the launch show was "amazing".

Emma should have got the gig in the first place though I can understand why C5 didn't want to go for a Davina in waiting. Now though she's in a position where she'll be compared to Brian rather than Davina, and that challenge is far easier to live up to.

As for Bit on the Side - remember Alice now has a Radio 1 show from Monday to Thursday and I think it would kind of devalue Emma's promotion if she carried on with BOTS, so a new team would be required - although personally I'd replace it with an hour of live streaming each night.

Just hope now that C5 have finally found their axe they might swing it in Marcus's direction to - at least Brian could only ruin one show a week rather than all seven.

reece(:
13-03-2013, 09:31 PM
Who published the article with Brian being a fan favourite host, all he ever gets is hate because of how useless and wooden he is!

dizzy bint
13-03-2013, 10:13 PM
I'll be sorry to see him go, but it may be time for him to move on in any event. It never really suited him, he's much better with someone to bounce off. I've no doubt something else will come along quickly to replace it, he's rarely been unemployed since BB2.

dizzy bint
13-03-2013, 10:15 PM
Who published the article with Brian being a fan favourite host, all he ever gets is hate because of how useless and wooden he is!

He has 260K+ followers on Twitter, not bad for someone who came late to it after UBB. He's been getting a lot of supportive tweets on there.

iRyan
13-03-2013, 10:20 PM
OMG OMG OMG OMG

OMG

OMG

YES

YES

YES YES YES

This is what i've been ****ing waiting for.

iRyan
13-03-2013, 10:24 PM
Honestly, BOTS is a sh*te show anyway. They could axe it for all I care.

The fact of the matter is, Jamie and Alice are MORE than capable of handling Bit On The Side by themselves - and Emma could easily drop by now and then.

The important thing here, is the main show - not some silly little bollocks show on 5*, and that is why Emma needs to be at the front. Not Brian.

I would love it if Jamie and Alice were joint main hosts of BOTS.

Munchkins
13-03-2013, 10:26 PM
Yez plz then just have Alice hosting BOTS, with Jamie doing other bits on BOTS.. perfect

Marsh.
13-03-2013, 10:46 PM
I've not been a fan of Brian as presenter but I do feel sorry for the guy.

We still like you Brian, just not as host.

DigitalSid
13-03-2013, 11:58 PM
No word from Emma yet, but she was at today's TRIC awards the day before the story broke:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BFQwKQJCEAEI_hH.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BFK6cYZCMAAVPLU.jpg:large

newsbb
14-03-2013, 03:37 AM
About darn time

SharkAttack
14-03-2013, 05:44 AM
So, is this really happening? Those public numbers are devastating toward Brian's cause in any case. If true about the offer, Emma will take it, she's not stupid.

DigitalSid
14-03-2013, 11:53 AM
So, is this really happening? Those public numbers are devastating toward Brian's cause in any case. If true about the offer, Emma will take it, she's not stupid.

It's definitely true, it's just a case now of hoping Emma has the sense to put her career first and to ride any bad feeling from his twitter fans and accept.

Jarrod
14-03-2013, 11:58 AM
This is obviously happening now. It's just all down to Emma :worship: Please take it Emma!

DigitalSid
14-03-2013, 12:27 PM
Helen for replacement BOTS host!
x9UiFr3GVIA
Just pay Brian off.

Jake.
14-03-2013, 12:44 PM
Ah so hoping that this happens now :amazed:

DigitalSid
14-03-2013, 01:33 PM
Jamie East ‏@mrjamieeast

Willis getting into steak & BJ day like a true pro…

Jamie East ‏@mrjamieeast

… here: “I'm contemplating having my first ever facial... Are they as good as they're cracked up to be??” (via @Emma_Willis)

joe199998293
14-03-2013, 03:56 PM
I really hope she does take it, and Alice to be the BOTS host. It would be better to have a female host again. And as she worked on it on C4, she may know a bit more than Brian.

SSL2012
14-03-2013, 04:57 PM
Yes, yes, yes. Eviction nights feel like a right chore with Brian's cringey one liners and horrible auto cue/timing...

Hopefully it will make the eviction's feel a tad more epic. They're suppose to be the highlight of the week, the main night and talking point to draw casual's in, with Brian as host he probably put most off.

Tregard
14-03-2013, 07:24 PM
If this switch does happen people, remember it won't solve the rest of the problems, this revamp better be pretty significant. Emma Willis is not the "Silver Bullet" to fix the show.

Sawyer
14-03-2013, 07:31 PM
If this switch does happen people, remember it won't solve the rest of the problems, this revamp better be pretty significant. Emma Willis is not the "Silver Bullet" to fix the show.

No, but it's a pretty big part of the puzzle. Having a competent, professional presenter lifts the whole show and puts it in a better light. One thing at a time.

Patrick
14-03-2013, 07:39 PM
^ What he said.

Plus, they're re-building the house so there's another beautiful 'revamp feature' if you wanna call it that.

Only thing missing now is Live Feed, but like Sawyer said - one step at a time, eh?

zakman440
14-03-2013, 07:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqkTs3p0pOY

She's has to be the host, she looks amazing on stage!

Tregard
14-03-2013, 07:55 PM
^ What he said.

Plus, they're re-building the house so there's another beautiful 'revamp feature' if you wanna call it that.

Only thing missing now is Live Feed, but like Sawyer said - one step at a time, eh?

Is this confirmed yet? I would say this is the most crucial thing.

Sawyer
14-03-2013, 08:04 PM
Is this confirmed yet? I would say this is the most crucial thing.

They're not 'rebuilding' the house as in knocking the old structure down and building an entirely new building. They're knocking out the internal walls to give an entirely new layout, something that hasn't been done properly since 2008 I would say.

And as for it being true, it was marcus bentley who tweeted it, so it should be.

Josiah.
14-03-2013, 08:12 PM
^^
You do have a good point there Sawyer. Plus, the exterior is also getting a makeover.

Tregard
14-03-2013, 08:17 PM
They're not 'rebuilding' the house as in knocking the old structure down and building an entirely new building. They're knocking out the internal walls to give an entirely new layout, something that hasn't been done properly since 2008 I would say.

And as for it being true, it was marcus bentley who tweeted it, so it should be.

Yeah, just concerned a bit, Marcus can exaggerate from time to time :L

SSL2012
14-03-2013, 08:49 PM
Just to comment further, At least Emma will increase the feel of the show. It should be Event TV when evictions take place, not an advert for cheesy towie one liners, and borderline cringeworthy campness. It cater's totally to the gay crowd and wannabe's.

And what with the media showing more intrest now, then in the last god know's how many years, it's crucial Endemol/channel 5 get it right.

After the highly successful Jan series, it's possibly the best time to draw more viewers in. When BB launchs.

the truth
14-03-2013, 10:31 PM
emma willis is the worst tv presenter ever....she simply cant speak properly....she also allows her own bias to ruin the whole show....this is the beginning of the end of BB

Patrick
14-03-2013, 11:23 PM
^ Utter bollocks.

And the only reason she's 'biased' is because she is on BOTS and it's not a serious show - plus, I'd rather have someone who is a fan of the show and has genuine opinions on the housemates than:

A) Someone who is hosting it for the money and doesn't give a damn.
B) A Camp robot who does what he's told and thinks because he was in the house twice he knows it inside out, and uses Big Brother evictions as a platform to attract gay men.

Josy
14-03-2013, 11:29 PM
terrible news. Don't really like Brian, but Emma isn't right for the main show

This

zakman440
14-03-2013, 11:51 PM
^ Utter bollocks.

And the only reason she's 'biased' is because she is on BOTS and it's not a serious show - plus, I'd rather have someone who is a fan of the show and has genuine opinions on the housemates than:

A) Someone who is hosting it for the money and doesn't give a damn.
B) A Camp robot who does what he's told and thinks because he was in the house twice he knows it inside out, and uses Big Brother evictions as a platform to attract gay men.

Preach.

DigitalSid
15-03-2013, 07:25 AM
Hmm Emma started tweeting again yesterday, but only about Comic Relief, facials and steak and BJ day (Matt Willis is a lucky git). Brian tweeted a slightly worrying tweet in that holiday conversation, on the day the article came out they were discussing waiting to see 'how the next few days pan out' before planning anything, yesterday he was saying that it needed 'to be discussed a lot further!', hope Emma joking about on twitter rather than putting out a few cautious, rhetorical promotional tweets and Brian having seemingly perked up don't mean she's agreed to turn it down. Hope The Sun do an article to update us if so.

swinearefine
15-03-2013, 05:43 PM
I feel bad for Brian, but it needed to be done.

armand.kay
15-03-2013, 07:20 PM
Omg this day has finally come....
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrqnaz5Wga1qk8xaq.gif

g17m
16-03-2013, 03:04 PM
It kind of makes sense that emma would do it, she has kids that are growing up now and probably wants to see more of them, so doing bb once or twice a week compared to 5 times would suit her better im assuming? I hope this is true, only ever watched a couple of the BOTS anyways

Jord
17-03-2013, 03:01 AM
Emma better not turn this down if it's true!

Gstar
17-03-2013, 10:00 AM
I had a dream last night that this was true and 100% confirmed :D

@bbuk_fans
17-03-2013, 11:58 AM
Surely, if it wasn't true, Channel 5, Brian and Emma would have denied it by now? They all must be getting at least a few tweets a day asking whether the rumour is true and that report in the sun was posted a good few days ago now.

Patrick
17-03-2013, 12:05 PM
I've a funny feeling she's turned it down - the stupid ******ing bellend.

@bbuk_fans
17-03-2013, 12:10 PM
I've a funny feeling she's turned it down - the stupid ******ing bellend.

I really hope that she doesn't turn it down, I think it would benefit the show and her personally as well, she would (most likely) be getting a pay rise, as well as being allowed more time to spend with her family, which she only gave birth to her second child just over a year ago. I really hope that she accepts

zakman440
17-03-2013, 01:12 PM
I really hope that she accepts, this is what the show needs!

Patrick
17-03-2013, 06:30 PM
She'll probably put her friendship and petty for Brian - over any sensible or logical solution.

Brekkie
17-03-2013, 07:28 PM
It's TV - friendship never comes first. And frankly if they've asked her Brian is likely going whether or not she accepts or not, so she might as well take the job rather than sit back and see someone else get her dream job.

Patrick
17-03-2013, 07:31 PM
:shocked: Never looked at it like that!

Tony1111
17-03-2013, 07:32 PM
Hope this is true. Was there to be any changes to the shows format?

It is about time for a reboot. :p

Patrick
17-03-2013, 07:36 PM
^ Not that we know of, all we know is the house is being redone for the first time in 5 years.

michael21
17-03-2013, 08:10 PM
http://www.google.co.uk/#q=emma+willis&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=nws&sa=X&ei=zyJGUY7bMMKc0AW_xIHYCA&sqi=2&ved=0CAoQ_AUoBA&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.43828540,d.d2k&fp=62c2ab7c96da09c1&biw=1241&bih=584

it must be true check my link which has lots of link confirming this good news

also X Factor’s Rylan Clark to replace Emma Willis on Big Brother’s Bit On The Side

@bbuk_fans
17-03-2013, 08:19 PM
http://www.google.co.uk/#q=emma+willis&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=nws&sa=X&ei=zyJGUY7bMMKc0AW_xIHYCA&sqi=2&ved=0CAoQ_AUoBA&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.43828540,d.d2k&fp=62c2ab7c96da09c1&biw=1241&bih=584

also X Factor’s Rylan Clark to replace Emma Willis on Big Brother’s Bit On The Side

one of those links is a page to the Brian/Emma story on OK! magazine's website, which is owned by Richard Desmond, Channel 5's owner hmmmmm......

Tony1111
17-03-2013, 08:32 PM
one of those links is a page to the Brian/Emma story on OK! magazine's website, which is owned by Richard Desmond, Channel 5's owner hmmmmm......

Well they can change whatever they like but Dirty Dick must simply keep the kinky fetish padded cell for steamy romps! :elephant:

Marsh.
17-03-2013, 08:33 PM
And frankly if they've asked her Brian is likely going whether or not she accepts or not, so she might as well take the job rather than sit back and see someone else get her dream job.

Exactly. If this is true then even if she declines, it's unlikely they're just going to stick to Brian.

It's doubtful he would want to either, I know I wouldn't want to stick in a job that my employer had tried to pass onto someone else and then settled for me because it was declined.

Sawyer
17-03-2013, 08:40 PM

Nothing is confirmed until Channel 5 comment on the issue.

@bbuk_fans
17-03-2013, 08:54 PM
Nothing is confirmed until Channel 5 comment on the issue.

I think they'll make a statement either way if Brian stays or go, most likely in the next week or two, I think it's just a case of waiting to see, as I'm pretty sure Channel 5 probably would have told Emma and Brian not to make any tweets or reply to a user until they make the official announcement.

Tregard
17-03-2013, 10:34 PM
If it's been offered to anyone, whether they take it or not, it's not going back to Brian.

Brekkie
17-03-2013, 10:47 PM
If she did turn it down the only other suitable name I can think of as in someone being a relatively big name but not big enough to snub C5 is Caroline Flack - and that's only because she's got the ready made eviction catchphrase "It's time... to face... the Flack!"

Jack_
17-03-2013, 10:53 PM
Caroline would be good but I don't know if she'd do it, there were a lot of digs made against Big Brother on her first series of Xtra Factor. Then again they're all scripted so not necessarily her own views on the show but still.

Emma doing the main show and still doing Bit On The Side would be perfection :( she's such a big fan and I think she really loves BOTS, I hope she stays.

I want to see her every night, not just once a week. She'd be good on the main show but at the same time wasted.

Jake.
18-03-2013, 12:34 AM
Just imagine the launch of BB14 with her though :love:

ruiphillips
18-03-2013, 07:44 AM
Caroline would be good but I don't know if she'd do it, there were a lot of digs made against Big Brother on her first series of Xtra Factor. Then again they're all scripted so not necessarily her own views on the show but still.

Emma doing the main show and still doing Bit On The Side would be perfection :( she's such a big fan and I think she really loves BOTS, I hope she stays.

I want to see her every night, not just once a week. She'd be good on the main show but at the same time wasted.

Didn't Flack host Big Mouth in 08?

zakman440
18-03-2013, 08:25 AM
Didn't Flack host Big Mouth in 08?

I think so, Emma did as well before she was married to Matt.

Patrick
18-03-2013, 12:23 PM

Like what? :shocked:

Roy Mars III
18-03-2013, 12:44 PM
If she did turn it down the only other suitable name I can think of as in someone being a relatively big name but not big enough to snub C5 is Caroline Flack - and that's only because she's got the ready made eviction catchphrase "It's time... to face... the Flack!"

now she would be a great host for the main show

Tony1111
18-03-2013, 06:51 PM
I think Flack is the wrong person for the job to be honest I hope she stays away. I think Alice could have been good. Emma is good too though and anyone is better than Brian. :o

Brekkie
18-03-2013, 07:44 PM
Even Zezi Ifore is better than Brian.

DigitalSid
18-03-2013, 08:13 PM
Brian's been bantering with his agent on twitter using his eviction show catchphrase, confident it's still his?

DigitalSid
18-03-2013, 08:16 PM
Like what? :shocked:

Xtra Factor was up against the show in 2011 and they used to make regular digs at the show, they were probably scripted and I don't think they were reflective of Caroline's views on the show since she once accidentally pointed out that one of the IAC tasks while she presented IACGMOOHN was similar to one from BB, can't remember what they were but things like "who wants to watch people in a house?"

michael21
18-03-2013, 08:24 PM
are there any roomers on what date bb will be back

DigitalSid
19-03-2013, 01:20 AM

No, though Marcus said in January that they hadn't decided between May and June, which considering how long it's been now since the last May launch, does suggest that a May launch is being considered, though this early on May could be considered every year.

SharkAttack
19-03-2013, 08:38 AM

Rumoured to be the usual late May/early June scene. Safe to call June for the most part. :)

SharkAttack
19-03-2013, 08:39 AM
No, though Marcus said in January that they hadn't decided between May and June, which considering how long it's been now since the last May launch, does suggest that a May launch is being considered, though this early on May could be considered every year.

So June, right, Sid?

Jarrod
19-03-2013, 11:25 AM
Before anyone gets too excited we need to wait officially for Channel 5's press release/statement. But it's most likely actually happening now.

Also if a May launch is being considered, expect the first teasers/Eye within the next four weeks. BB13's eye was released a month before launch last year.

Niamh.
19-03-2013, 11:34 AM
Awww poor Brian :(

Roy Mars III
19-03-2013, 11:35 AM
Awww poor Brian :(

maybe channel 5 will give him an hour one off like Spedi as a consolation prize

JohnnyBB
19-03-2013, 11:47 AM
im calling it 27th July For celeb bb.

Jarrod
19-03-2013, 11:58 AM
If we have another June Launch i've already predicted that the Launch will be Tuesday 4th June.

arista
19-03-2013, 12:28 PM
Rylan
is on This Morning ITV1
tomorrow

I bet he will let it out about his Big Brother job

Niamh.
19-03-2013, 12:39 PM
I will actually stop watching BOTS if Rylan gets that job ew

Vanessa
19-03-2013, 12:45 PM
I think Rylan would be great on BOTS. :amazed:

Brekkie
19-03-2013, 01:32 PM
Xtra Factor was up against the show in 2011 and they used to make regular digs at the show, they were probably scripted and I don't think they were reflective of Caroline's views on the show since she once accidentally pointed out that one of the IAC tasks while she presented IACGMOOHN was similar to one from BB, can't remember what they were but things like "who wants to watch people in a house?"
The little quips which were said at the time were nothing more than most true Big Brother fans about the disastrous rushed return to C5.

Marsh.
19-03-2013, 01:49 PM
Will we have a final "Goodbye Brian" like Davina got? :joker:

A collection of clips, which is a 3 hour film of "Just sayin".

Patrick
19-03-2013, 03:33 PM
It'll be Brian standing on the stage flirting with the housemate's friends and families :bored:.

Lets be honest - the only interesting moment from Brian's years on the show, was way back in CBB8 when he interviewed Tara Reid. :laugh:

Also, don't know why we're talking about a May launch here - we haven't had one since BB7 I believe? Why would this year be any different? Especially considering they've a whole new house to build and if the show is undergoing any kind of revamp, surely that'll take a while to plan out?

Unless of course, the producers don't give a ****** and would rather get BB14 out of the way so they can bring on the highly awaited Celebrity Big Brother :rolleyes:

Jack_
19-03-2013, 04:05 PM
The highly awaited 12th series of Celebrity Big Brother, let's not forget Patrick. Yes, that's right. The 12th...

The 12th ****ing series

12TH SERIES FFS

12TH!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bored:

DanielLuis
19-03-2013, 04:21 PM

Same here! Tired of him.

Patrick
19-03-2013, 04:27 PM
The highly awaited 12th series of Celebrity Big Brother, let's not forget Patrick. Yes, that's right. The 12th...

The 12th ****ing series

12TH SERIES FFS

12TH!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bored:

:joker::joker::joker:

Honestly, none of us would ever thought we'd see the day that CBB would be no less than one 'Series Number' away from the Summer series.

BIRDisTHEword
19-03-2013, 05:27 PM

Same

DigitalSid
19-03-2013, 06:18 PM
It'll be Brian standing on the stage flirting with the housemate's friends and families :bored:.

Lets be honest - the only interesting moment from Brian's years on the show, was way back in CBB8 when he interviewed Tara Reid. :laugh:

Also, don't know why we're talking about a May launch here - we haven't had one since BB7 I believe? Why would this year be any different? Especially considering they've a whole new house to build and if the show is undergoing any kind of revamp, surely that'll take a while to plan out?

Unless of course, the producers don't give a ****** and would rather get BB14 out of the way so they can bring on the highly awaited Celebrity Big Brother :rolleyes:

The summer series and house are all planned by the end of January.

Jordan.
19-03-2013, 06:37 PM
Brian's been bantering with his agent on twitter using his eviction show catchphrase, confident it's still his?

Vom

This is gonna be a bigger let down than no Lohan if Brian keeps his job.

@bbuk_fans
19-03-2013, 06:50 PM
How likely do we think that the story about Emma being offered host is true?

Andrew.
19-03-2013, 07:19 PM

She's 100% been offered, its obvious they want her to be the main show host, but its a question on whether she accepts it or not, because shes friends with brian she may not want to stab him in the back.

Its pretty clear channel 5 dont want brian back, i think the plan was to replace him with emma, pay him off (he was contracted to do 2 more series?) and that will be that, but if she declines i think this will be the last series he does, once his contract runs out in september he wont be asked back, they'll find someone else.

Whether your a fan off brian or not, i think its time to face it, his run is coming to an end.

I honestly think Kate Thornton should do it

JohnnyBB
19-03-2013, 07:21 PM

Very Truee the sun wouldint make effort in writeing a big brother storys unless it was juicey.

Jack_
19-03-2013, 07:28 PM
I just hope she's asked/stipulated that she'll only do it if she can stay doing Bit On The Side too. That'd be fine with me.

Patrick
19-03-2013, 08:19 PM
How much do you all wanna bet that if Brian does keep his job, the chavs in the audience will be chanting 'WE LOVE YOU BRIAN!' or 'BRIAN BRIAN BRIAN' :idc:

Marsh.
19-03-2013, 08:42 PM
5 series of CBB in less than 2 years that's just abysmal. No wonder I'm sick of it.

InOne
19-03-2013, 09:17 PM
5 series of CBB in less than 2 years that's just abysmal. No wonder I'm sick of it.

And the last two have been terrible. Don't think it will last much longer.

Patrick
19-03-2013, 09:31 PM
Joe, in their eyes - CBB is a massive hit and the country adores it.

InOne
19-03-2013, 09:34 PM
I dunno, we know they all read the forums and will know what the general fanbase thinks. I think they're kidding themselves for now and hope the audience laps it up a little longer so they can still make money. But sooner or later the ratings will get so bad they can't kid themselves any longer

Marsh.
19-03-2013, 09:38 PM
I like CBB. I wouldn't mind if they just had that on once every Jan.

It's the overkill that wrecked it and made me go off it.

I've been over the main show for a while.

smeagol
21-03-2013, 10:36 AM
emma would be great for the main show but she has so much fun on bbots which she is better at i doubt she'd want to swap.
shame if brian goes but they do need a female presenter. he is far too camp, camp is good if funny but he isnt funny

joeysteele
21-03-2013, 12:19 PM
I think it is,in the future,more likely that CBB remains on TV but not the main series.Sadly the viewers want more of celebrities and less of what is termed ordinary people.
I still personally prefer the main series over CBB, I also sort of hope Brian stays as presenter at least for this year,that would be a fair compromise as to this rumour now.

InOne
21-03-2013, 12:22 PM
They've already bended the word 'celebrity' as much as they possibly can. It's going to end up with basically randomers anyway.

Bigest Brother Fan ever
21-03-2013, 06:21 PM
the main series went down hill in BB10, I think celeb BB is what most people look forward to.

reece(:
21-03-2013, 06:31 PM
the main series went down hill in BB10, I think celeb BB is what most people look forward to.
Speak for yourself.

Gstar
21-03-2013, 06:57 PM
Speak for yourself.

This.

Jack_
21-03-2013, 07:23 PM

Err...no.

Bigest Brother Fan ever
21-03-2013, 07:44 PM
Its just my opinion, Everyone has the right to that

Me. I Am Salman
21-03-2013, 07:45 PM

:worship:
BB10 WAS AWFUL I really don't know why people on here love it

Me. I Am Salman
21-03-2013, 07:45 PM

it's a fact not an opinion, ignore them :idc:

reece(:
21-03-2013, 07:49 PM
Not when you're speaking for everyone ... :joker:

Jake.
21-03-2013, 08:01 PM
it's a fact not an opinion, ignore them :idc:

No, it's not

Bigest Brother Fan ever
21-03-2013, 08:02 PM
But Im not speeking for everyone, But Most People would agree with me! I just think that Celeb BB is getting better than the Normal series!

Drew.
21-03-2013, 09:15 PM
apparently shes accepted the role as presenter.. this is according to twitter so no 100% confirmation

Jake.
21-03-2013, 09:16 PM
Thanks for 100% confirming this Drew

Marsh.
21-03-2013, 09:21 PM
I've enjoyed CBB more than the regular series since it moved to channel 5.

The show just isn't good enough to sustain itself for 3 months anymore.

The short and snappy series are much better nowadays. There's no more life in dragging the old dog out for a whole summer.

Bigest Brother Fan ever
21-03-2013, 10:02 PM
Agreed, But what if you put Celebs into the house for 3 months? Hmmm

DigitalSid
21-03-2013, 10:18 PM
apparently shes accepted the role as presenter.. this is according to twitter so no 100% confirmation

JohnnyBB tweeted it, he has no sources.

Marsh.
21-03-2013, 10:38 PM
Agreed, But what if you put Celebs into the house for 3 months? Hmmm

Then it's crap again.

It's the shortness of the series that makes it. Half of them are unknowns anyway.

Bigest Brother Fan ever
22-03-2013, 07:37 AM
Then it's crap again.

It's the shortness of the series that makes it. Half of them are unknowns anyway.
Well I think channel 5 are doing really well at getting known faces in aswell as unknown

Patrick
22-03-2013, 09:13 AM

What is wrong with you?

Patrick
22-03-2013, 09:16 AM
You clearly haven't watched BB13 then, considering that series alone was 10 times better than any Channel 5 Celebrity series.

It's people like you that drive this show to the ground now. People who call themselves 'fans' and then go and say things like this. :bored:

Celebrity Big Brother is ridiculous, it's boring, it's everything that's wrong with television at the moment. The celeb-obsessed culture we live in is a joke.

Big Brother will always be miles ahead. The only reason it doesn't have enough in it to sustain a whole summer run like it use to, is because Channel 5 wont inject a live stream.

Also, for the person that said that BB will be axed and CBB will continue, there would be uproar from the real fans, they couldn't do that anyway - you can't have a spin off show without the main show, plus they've already said they would never do that.

Jake.
22-03-2013, 09:17 AM
Tbf, I think that 5 have done pretty well when it comes to getting some actual known faces. And it may not have been everynodys favourite series, but CBB10 had some household names. And agreed with Patrick, normal BB >>>

Valdora
22-03-2013, 02:31 PM
I will be really happy if this is the case. Even with showgirls, lens flares in every package and a pink house this will do a lot to get rid of the camp and frankly tacky feeling of the show. I really wish they would get away from the pinks and the glitter microphones too and get back to a dark, serious look to the show. But that doesn't look like it will happen any time soon.

But to get back to Emma, I do think that an excited motherly figure that enjoys the show and gets into the twists, laughs with us and goes off script is exactly what made Davina. And to me that is exactly what Emma has and can bring.

As for the whole Big Brother VS CBB it's a no brainier for me. I never really cared about watching Z list celebrities in a house with 1 or 2 household names from the 80's or 90's. In fact the ones I have enjoyed have got nothing to do with the celebrity factor and the least famous end up being the best most the time (Chantel's series in particular is regarded as the best and she as the winner wasn't even a celeb.) I despise the OK magazine, trashy housewife stuff and that is exactly what the celebrity series plays more into. I know that Big Brother is regarded as this, and in fact since moving to C5 has very much become this. But call me crazy but I still enjoy the show to watch people exist in a social experiment and get messed with by us as the producers.

To me the length is very much part of this. I love the long series that cut people off from the world for three months and watch them change, grow and crack. And tbh I am glad that no body gets famous out of Big Brother anymore because now the people who go can just...be without any delusions of starting a TV career out of it.

But yes, bring in Emma and bring back that warm welcoming tone to the host again.

Marsh.
22-03-2013, 02:35 PM
It's people like you that drive this show to the ground now. People who call themselves 'fans' and then go and say things like this. :bored:

Celebrity Big Brother is ridiculous, it's boring, it's everything that's wrong with television at the moment. The celeb-obsessed culture we live in is a joke.

Also, for the person that said that BB will be axed and CBB will continue, there would be uproar from the real fans, they couldn't do that anyway - you can't have a spin off show without the main show, plus they've already said they would never do that.

Oh get over yourself.

People are entitled to their opinion.

You can enjoy your ****e main series all you like. I was a huge BB fan back when it was actually good. I don't blindly praise something just because I was a fan. A turd is a turd.

We don't drive it into the ground, the fact it's 13 years old and now on channel 5 is what kills it.

FYI the "celebrity obsessed culture" that we live in is a result of shows like BB.

Me. I Am Salman
22-03-2013, 02:56 PM
BB >
though they've both been bad since 2009. I don't really care now if the show gets axed forever

Jarrod
22-03-2013, 03:43 PM
Let's just face it all shall we? Celebrity Big Brother is evidentially more popular than regular Big Brother and it's clear that the public prefer watching Z-listers in a house for a short while. They're both as bad as each other now anyway so what's this argument even about? This thread isn't even for that it's news about Emma replacing Brian so please both of you take your silly petty argument elsewhere and let us actually discuss what the thread is intended on doing.

Laugh all you want, this place needs some order put into it. :rolleyes:

Marsh.
22-03-2013, 04:04 PM
Sorry Mod, oh wait...

Bigest Brother Fan ever
22-03-2013, 04:10 PM
Let's just face it all shall we? Celebrity Big Brother is evidentially more popular than regular Big Brother and it's clear that the public prefer watching Z-listers in a house for a short while. They're both as bad as each other now anyway so what's this argument even about? This thread isn't even for that it's news about Emma replacing Brian so please both of you take your silly petty argument elsewhere and let us actually discuss what the thread is intended on doing.

Laugh all you want, this place needs some order put into it. :rolleyes:
Your right...We sound like little children lol. I think OUR show should just get rid of all the fancy designer house's and opening titles and completely just get back to basics.

InOne
22-03-2013, 04:12 PM
I will be really happy if this is the case. Even with showgirls, lens flares in every package and a pink house this will do a lot to get rid of the camp and frankly tacky feeling of the show. I really wish they would get away from the pinks and the glitter microphones too and get back to a dark, serious look to the show. But that doesn't look like it will happen any time soon.

But to get back to Emma, I do think that an excited motherly figure that enjoys the show and gets into the twists, laughs with us and goes off script is exactly what made Davina. And to me that is exactly what Emma has and can bring.

As for the whole Big Brother VS CBB it's a no brainier for me. I never really cared about watching Z list celebrities in a house with 1 or 2 household names from the 80's or 90's. In fact the ones I have enjoyed have got nothing to do with the celebrity factor and the least famous end up being the best most the time (Chantel's series in particular is regarded as the best and she as the winner wasn't even a celeb.) I despise the OK magazine, trashy housewife stuff and that is exactly what the celebrity series plays more into. I know that Big Brother is regarded as this, and in fact since moving to C5 has very much become this. But call me crazy but I still enjoy the show to watch people exist in a social experiment and get messed with by us as the producers.

To me the length is very much part of this. I love the long series that cut people off from the world for three months and watch them change, grow and crack. And tbh I am glad that no body gets famous out of Big Brother anymore because now the people who go can just...be without any delusions of starting a TV career out of it.

But yes, bring in Emma and bring back that warm welcoming tone to the host again.

:worship:

Jarrod
22-03-2013, 04:19 PM
Sorry Mod, oh wait...

I don't really care if i'm a mod or not. It's the truth. Grow up and get over it. I'm not in the mood today.

Jack_
22-03-2013, 04:28 PM
Yeah a thread goes a little off tangent (as a lot of threads do, there's nothing wrong with it - it's natural conversation) and we need 'some order put into it', I mean... :crazy:

Jarrod
22-03-2013, 04:30 PM
Yeah a thread goes a little off tangent (as a lot of threads do, there's nothing wrong with it - it's natural conversation) and we need 'some order put into it', I mean... :crazy:

It's just annoying having to trail through pages of argument to find something worth reading.

Marsh.
22-03-2013, 04:31 PM
I don't really care if i'm a mod or not. It's the truth. Grow up and get over it. I'm not in the mood today.

Grow up and get over what?

I simply stated my opinion, nothing more to it.

When another poster like Patrick responds to it patronisingly then I'll do so in kind. Hardly pages of argument when it's like 4 posts. lol

Jack_
22-03-2013, 04:34 PM
It's just annoying having to trail through pages of argument to find something worth reading.

An argument? It wasn't that bad...there's been far worse, and it could've been far worse too.

These kind of random off-topic debates/disagreements happen all over the BB section, it's natural. Someone brings up a series/event in relation to the topic at hand and then someone else will say something like 'no, this was better than that' and then someone else will disagree, and that's how it falls off track a bit. There's nothing wrong with it...we had seven pages of discussion of this topic already, I hardly think it's spoiling the thread to have fifteen or so posts on a different matter.

Jarrod
22-03-2013, 04:35 PM
Grow up and get over what?

I simply stated my opinion, nothing more to it.

When another poster like Patrick responds to it patronisingly then I'll do so in kind. Hardly pages of argument when it's like 4 posts. lol

Okay sorry for snapping at you. It's been a long day already. Just it's annoying seeing a thread for news getting ruined.

Is there anything new on this anyway?

Marsh.
22-03-2013, 04:44 PM
Okay sorry for snapping at you. It's been a long day already.

No worries.

Is there anything new on this anyway?

Don't think so. Drew claims she's accepted. But that was just a rumour on twitter.

Headie
22-03-2013, 05:01 PM
Hello. I am new here :) I've been viewing this forum as a guest since January CBB and thought I might as well sign up and join the BB discussions as this seems like the best place to do so :)

Staying on topic, I hope that Emma does take the role. She would definitely bring some fun energy to the show <3

(Also, I changed my title to senior member to fit in hehe :D Couldn't think of a good motto ya' know)

EDIT: Gonna change it later, minor stuff like this is important to me lol)

Marcus.
22-03-2013, 05:07 PM
Hello. I am new here :) I've been viewing this forum as a guest since January CBB and thought I might as well sign up and join the BB discussions as this seems like the best place to do so :)

Staying on topic, I hope that Emma does take the role. She would definitely bring some fun energy to the show <3

(Also, I changed my title to senior member to fit in hehe :D Couldn't think of a good motto ya' know)

hi hb123 and welcome
and i hope she does as well

Jarrod
22-03-2013, 05:13 PM

She seriously would.

zakman440
22-03-2013, 10:15 PM

Welcome to the forum, agree with your opinion! :)

ruiphillips
27-03-2013, 07:13 AM
Even Zezi Ifore is better than Brian.

lol I actually liked her when she presented on BBLB. Yeah she sucked at presenting the show and made it awkward, but IMO she was funny and bubbly.

@bbuk_fans
27-03-2013, 07:58 AM
It's been two weeks since the Sun report, where are the confirmations?!

joeysteele
27-03-2013, 11:12 AM
I really like Emma Willis but would prefer Brian to have wanted to go rather than be pushed. I enjoyed BBBOTS at first but have found it falling as to much entertainment wise and Emma would have to hold some blame for that.

I don't think she may be able to really change much as to the main show either, I was watching her on This Morning in the hub and she was getting all mixed up and not keeping things flowing well, that was only for viewers comments.

In some ways, I hope this has sparked some re-think and that Brian is given a graceful way out of this publicity, that he remains for this series and 'chooses' to bow out next year.
If Emma does get it this year though, I would wish her well but I want the show to be about the housemates and viewers and not the presenter,I don't really want another 'The Davina Show' , where the presenter thinks it is all about them like Davina did in the later series of BB.
Brian doesn't do that in my opinion, somehow I feel Emma might.

Patrick
27-03-2013, 11:53 AM
Can they hurry up and announce this now I'm getting bored.

Josiah.
27-03-2013, 02:07 PM
Me too!

Headie
27-03-2013, 04:30 PM
2 weeks since the article leaked. Come on Emma get on twitter and let us know!

iRyan
27-03-2013, 08:15 PM
Yeah, i'm anxious to know what's going on...

Headie
27-03-2013, 08:46 PM
It's probably good news that Emma or Brian haven't commented on it.

Jarrod
28-03-2013, 03:46 PM
Something has happened if they aren't announcing yet...

Jake.
28-03-2013, 06:10 PM
Ah we need some news!

InOne
28-03-2013, 06:39 PM

Headie
28-03-2013, 09:22 PM
Watch them say that there were never any talks and that Brian is still the host -_-

Jords
28-03-2013, 09:28 PM
g'wannn Emz take da job gurl

ruiphillips
29-03-2013, 06:45 AM
If Emma rejects the offer and I'm stuck with Brian on my screens I just

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4qxy3SJz81rn19nco1_500.gif

g17m
29-03-2013, 08:26 AM
C'mon Emma make it happen!

DanielLuis
29-03-2013, 05:34 PM
If they said it would be announced til the end of the month, and nothing has been said yet, I guess we must lose hope.

joe199998293
29-03-2013, 06:41 PM
Channel 5 might be keeping It a secret. And fully announce it in the full advert.

lostalex
29-03-2013, 06:48 PM
If they get rid of Brian I'd rather they invite Davina back before they give it to Emma.

Marsh.
29-03-2013, 09:22 PM
Well that's not going to happen is it considering they offered Davina the job when they moved to channel 5 and she made the decision to move on. No point in pestering her.

Patrick
29-03-2013, 09:46 PM
Channel 5 might be keeping It a secret. And fully announce it in the full advert.

That's a possibility actually.

Emma in the Diary Room chair or something, can see it now - but it'll only be good if they include a small part at the start of Brian being 'evicted' :D

lostalex
29-03-2013, 09:56 PM
Well that's not going to happen is it considering they offered Davina the job when they moved to channel 5 and she made the decision to move on. No point in pestering her.

but 2 years later, she might have regrets...

spot_on
29-03-2013, 10:22 PM
I'm all for this. I thought she was going to be the successor to begin with, was surprised to he Brian come out on the first channel 5 show.

Marsh.
29-03-2013, 11:03 PM
but 2 years later, she might have regrets...

She doesn't. She has a load of other shows going now.

If Emma rejects the offer and I'm stuck with Brian on my screens I just

If Emma declines they're not just going to keep Brian. If they want rid, they'll get rid either way and Brian won't want to stay in a job knowing he wasn't wanted.

lostalex
29-03-2013, 11:10 PM
She doesn't. She has a load of other shows going now.

what other shows? i know she was doing the british version of Biggest Loser, but it sucked from what i saw, and didn't one of the trainers kill themselves? is Biggest Loser UK coming back?

and million pound dropped sucks too. no offense to fans, but i wouldn't watch that show. the questions were so easy, and they had the biggest IDIOTS ever on that show.

Million Pound Drop was like 10% Mastermind and 90% Jeremy Kyle. The quality of contestants on that show make blue peter look like a university course.

Marsh.
29-03-2013, 11:30 PM
Whether you think the show's are crap or not is irrelevant to the point.

She does Got to Dance, Lost Families, MPD. I don't think Biggest Loser is still going. (The trainer's suicide had nothing to do with the show). And she's still doing her DVDs.

Not saying she's set the world alight but she's clearly over BB, which in its current state would be a huge step down for her.

lostalex
29-03-2013, 11:35 PM
Well, i think she ENJOYED doing Big Brother more than she's enjoyed doing any of those other shows. I think she might be up for it, if she was asked nicely and offered the right price.

joeysteele
29-03-2013, 11:40 PM
Well, i think she ENJOYED doing Big Brother more than she's enjoyed doing any of those other shows. I think she might be up for it, if she was asked nicely and offered the right price.

I think she would too Lostalex.

Marsh.
29-03-2013, 11:53 PM
Oh I'm not disputing she enjoyed it.

That's why she's closed the book on it, she knew it wasn't the same by the end of her stint. You could see in her 'performance' how she lost the passion for it.

Unless they offered her an extortionate amount of money, she won't do it.

Jake.
29-03-2013, 11:55 PM
I doubt she would now, didn't they ask her to go in CBB in January and she was completely offended?

zakman440
30-03-2013, 12:38 AM
Plus the fact that she said that she wouldn't go back as she said goodbye to it in such a public way, and that she had set herself up for life after Big Brother. As much as everyone would love for her to return to BB, it is highly unlikely that she will.

zakman440
30-03-2013, 12:43 AM
Anyway, this is about Emma, not Davina. Lets hope that she is on board at least, I have the feeling that Brian will keep the job should Emma decline, as he hasn't really got that much else going on, apart from the occasional appearance on This Morning. Fingers crossed Emma has accepted the job though. And while they're at it, maybe they could give that Jamie Sutcliffe the boot as well? The eviction scripts are so bad at the moment and the jingles are just not needed.

lostalex
30-03-2013, 01:01 AM
I doubt she would now, didn't they ask her to go in CBB in January and she was completely offended?

did she really? I thought she always talked about how much she wanted to be a genuine housemate. I think she is a genuine fan, and I think she would absolutely jump at the chance to be a real housemate.

The same way we would all jump at that chance. Look, we all miss the c4 days, but how many of us would turn down the chance to be on BB even on C5, seriously? I think Davina has that same fantasy as the rest of us to be on the show.

Tregard
30-03-2013, 01:05 AM
Davina has that new gameshow 5 Minutes to a fortune, so she will not be adding another show to her already bloated list.

Bigest Brother Fan ever
30-03-2013, 03:09 PM
Davina said in December and I quote
'Initially, I thought it would be fun to go on, even for a night.
'Then Matthew said, "I have to share a lot of you, I don’t want to share you sleeping". I was like, "OK, you win!"'

Headie
30-03-2013, 03:12 PM
Ugh, can this just be confirmed please. I don't care who confirms it, but we need more info!

zakman440
30-03-2013, 03:22 PM
Ugh, can this just be confirmed please. I don't care who confirms it, but we need more info!

Agreed. Getting a bit beyond a joke now.

g17m
30-03-2013, 07:21 PM
I don't know if this has anything to do with it but Brian has changed his twitter pic to one of him hosting BB..

Headie
30-03-2013, 09:18 PM
I don't know if this has anything to do with it but Brian has changed his twitter pic to one of him hosting BB..

Oh God. Please... No.

joe199998293
30-03-2013, 09:38 PM

It has been like that for a while, hasn't it?

DigitalSid
30-03-2013, 09:53 PM

It's been that since before this happened.

Patrick
31-03-2013, 01:16 AM
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5NeB8w-h6NAR4FacILmiG9LYNr926mWlvnOAtS9vjsqSGVuVq

reece(:
31-03-2013, 01:25 AM
Wish Brian would just realise, he ISN'T loved and just **** off away from our beloved BB.

joe199998293
31-03-2013, 03:50 PM
Cant wait for all the April fools pranks saying Davina is back.

Niamh.
31-03-2013, 03:56 PM
Wish Brian would just realise, he ISN'T loved and just **** off away from our beloved BB.

Leave the lovely Brian alone, what do you mean "our" beloved BB? Brian won it twice, it's as much his as "ours" :nono:

Bigest Brother Fan ever
31-03-2013, 04:20 PM
It was his, On Channel 4. Its now Channel 5, You dont see Nikki Ghrame Going on and on about it

Niamh.
31-03-2013, 04:21 PM
It was his, On Channel 4. Its now Channel 5, You dont see Nikki Ghrame Going on and on about it

Brian is the presenter though..........

reece(:
04-04-2013, 07:54 PM
Leave the lovely Brian alone, what do you mean "our" beloved BB? Brian won it twice, it's as much his as "ours" :nono:

Blind love for him as a HM has nothing to do with his presenting skills which are dire and eternally wooden, it's been ruining the show - our show. He's real old news.