PDA

View Full Version : Ever notice how Ex Housemates don't like being part of Big Brother anymore?

Patrick
13-03-2013, 01:35 PM
Just been on Twitter there and realised how many Ex Housemates have changed their names from, e.g 'StephanieBB9' to 'StephanieMcMichaels' or 'RachaelBB2010' to 'RachaelOfficial' etc etc

It's like they want to remove Big Brother from their identity and history.

I was on Dale Howard's page and his little bio thing mentions nothing to do with appearing on the country's biggest reality show - he just goes on about his DJing career.

Fair play to them in a sense, wanting to make a career and name for themselves and do something with their lives rather than trying to gain more fame and ruining the BB name, like people such as Jade and Josie.

But it pisses me off when someone like Kate Lawler, snubs Big Brother and looks down upon it just because she's a DJ on Kerrang nowadays.
It's like the girl forgets that she'd be nothing without winning Big Brother.

Also some ex housemates even refuse to answer questions or tweets regarding their time on the show.

Bit sad really.

DigitalSid
13-03-2013, 01:37 PM
They are people beyond the show, they're not just so and so from that crap 2008 BB series, in both the above cases it's been 5 years since their stint. Plus if Dale's a DJ, those looking to book him are more likely to book DJ Dale Howard than DJ BB Reject Dale. No one takes an ex-housemate seriously, reality tv, especially BB, has a stigma.

Ramsay
13-03-2013, 01:39 PM
Alot of them seem to really regret that they went in, maybe when they came out alot of them got so much hate in their 15 mins of fame and just want that behind them

RichardG
13-03-2013, 02:56 PM
I decided to watch one of Sam Pepper's videos recently where he described his life and he said that he "went on a tv show" but didn't mention that it was Big Brother so I did wonder whether he was embarrassed that he was on the show or something.

That being said, I think people just move on. Going on Big Brother for a couple of months doesn't mean that years later you still have to mention your involvement in it everywhere you can.

Patrick
13-03-2013, 03:46 PM
Sam Pepper is one twat. Although the guy's living in LA now - so fair dos.

It's quite funny actually, the way he is now is in complete contrast to the way he was 3 years ago when he left the house. Remember his little single he released?

He use to be all about trying to cash in on Big Brother, he wouldn't shut up about the fact he 'saved BB11', and now he thinks he is somebody. I'll never forget the time he tried to sue me. HAHA.

But yeah, I guess it's just weird seeing so many housemates move on and put the show behind them - but maybe that's because the show itself, isn't the show it was on Channel 4.

I mean even in the late days of Channel 4's Big Brother, we would have Ex Housemates on BBLB all the time from early series and up, and they weren't ashamed to be part of the show.

Where as now, it's the same old Celebrity Big Brother Housemates on BOTS - and they literally need to scrape the barrel to get the likes of Brian Belo to appear.

Pronshi
13-03-2013, 04:56 PM

It's quite funny actually, the way he is now is in complete contrast to the way he was 3 years ago when he left the house. Remember his little single he released?

He use to be all about trying to cash in on Big Brother, he wouldn't shut up about the fact he 'saved BB11', and now he thinks he is somebody. I'll never forget the time he tried to sue me. HAHA.

But yeah, I guess it's just weird seeing so many housemates move on and put the show behind them - but maybe that's because the show itself, isn't the show it was on Channel 4.

I mean even in the late days of Channel 4's Big Brother, we would have Ex Housemates on BBLB all the time from early series and up, and they weren't ashamed to be part of the show.

Where as now, it's the same old Celebrity Big Brother Housemates on BOTS - and they literally need to scrape the barrel to get the likes of Brian Belo to appear.

I see what you mean. For example the guy Nathan BB11 is a tool when you ask him about it and when it was on he called it "Utter rubbish"
If I was an ex housemate liked by the public i'd do as much as I could to take part on BBBOTS and stuff as I love the show and would love to be paid to be apart of my favorite show. Couldn't care less about fame.

Kizzy
13-03-2013, 05:11 PM
It doesn't surprise me one bit that some are like that, if they are ignorant and arrogant before the show why would they be any different after?
Maybe it represents an opportunity lost or wasted to some?

Brekkie
13-03-2013, 08:34 PM
They're just moving on - for most of those people it's five years ago at least and I've far more respect for the people who use their 15 minutes of fame and either return to normality or get a foot in a door in an area where they have a genuine talent and then see themselves as "DJ" rather than "ex-BB housemate".

To be honest it's quite sad if anyone from the C4 era who appeared on the show still defines themselves by their appearance on Big Brother.

reece(:
13-03-2013, 08:38 PM
Sam Pepper is still a leech on society hanging around the "facebook famous" kids, so don't know why he's embarrassed to mention BB in his forté.

But on the whole I don't see the problem, they just want to move on with their lives and don't want to be stuck in a time warp as just being known as "an ex BB housemate", I sure wouldn't.

iRyan
15-03-2013, 08:36 PM

I don't think it has anything to do with Channel 5, I think people have just simply moved on with their lives. They don't want to be known as just "___ from Big Brother" anymore, after all it as only a few months of their lives. The people who stick around to do BBOTS and stuff are the ones that are genuine fans of the show (ie Aisleyne, Nikki, Brian Belo, Victor, etc).

And this is often the case for ANY reality show. It's not just a Big Brother thing.

Brekkie
16-03-2013, 11:58 AM
One thing I used to love about BB in the early days was how they never acknowledge previous series - BBLB didn't even begin having ex-HMs on until series 5 or 6 I think.

emmetmcl
16-03-2013, 01:49 PM
I think the big difference is that those who talk and recognise Big Brother are generally fans of the show.

The likes of Brian Belo and Victor Ebuwa are obviously fans of the show.

The others "use" Big Brother for their own fame, and once they are known for something else they forget Big Brother. They use BB to go further and then forget it

Patrick
23-03-2013, 11:31 PM
HAHA. Ironically enough the only housemate to still have a BB related Twitter name is Bonnie from BB7. :laugh3: