PDA

View Full Version : An idea for a twist based on the BBUS format...

Jack_
23-03-2013, 12:22 AM
Right, so everyone knows how the US format works, right? Roughly at least? Well I thought I'd try and incorporate that into the UK show slightly because it needs a bit of a shakeup and I thought perhaps it could be implemented as part of a twist for a few weeks which'll enable some gameplay as well in the process. So, here's the idea (bear with me!)...

- 13 housemates enter on launch.

- Nominations and evictions as per the normal UK process for the first three weeks.

Then, starting from the 4th week, the US format is implemented. With 10 housemates left, each week there's a Head of Household competition (that person nominates two fellow housemates for eviction), a Power of Veto competition and the usual eviction vote by the housemates on the night. But, the housemates that are 'evicted', won't actually be evicted, but they'll move into a secret house (next door lul...no, called the 'Control Room') and will get to watch the housemates back in the main house 24 hours a day.

This continues for five weeks until there's 5 housemates left in the main house, and 5 housemates in the Control Room. The public then regain their control back - and a vote to save for the five remaining housemates in the main house opens. The two housemates with the fewest votes will be at risk of eviction - and, after revealing the Control Room to those still left in the main house live on eviction night, it shall be the five housemates in the Control Room that will each cast their vote and evict one of them, live on the plasma - after watching all the backstabbing for five weeks, possibly destroying someone's hard game work as an act of revenge.

There is then four housemates left in the main house, and five in the Control Room. Another public vote then opens to vote two of the housemates in the Control Room back into the main house to rejoin the final six (this is, remember, after weeks of potentially watching their fellow housemates bitch about them). There's then three more weeks left (with two normal evictions via the public vote), leaving four in the final.

Thoughts? :suspect:

Jake.
23-03-2013, 12:30 AM
Good idea! :D

Jack_
23-03-2013, 02:34 AM
Thanks Jake :love: anyone else?

Gstar
23-03-2013, 09:06 AM
This could work, how many would be in the live final?

Munchkins
23-03-2013, 09:14 AM
Too complicated for the thick british public who would hate it

Bigest Brother Fan ever
23-03-2013, 10:24 AM
im kinda using this format for my sims big brother uk, Mine is a weekly format on launch night 5 housemates will move into the house, then two other housemates move into the the second house (YOU CAN ONLY HAVE 8 SIMS ON 1 LOT :(.)
The two other housemates watch the normal housemate for a week then they nominate two of them. On Eviction night, just before one housemate is evicted big brother will put the two forbidden HM into the normal house to join the rest of the housemates. The 2 Forbidden HM are not aloud to mention the second house.

Jords
23-03-2013, 10:35 AM
Need to reduce the number of HMs cant have 5 whole weeks with no eviction

Jesus.
23-03-2013, 11:08 AM
I don't like the US version, so I don't think it particularly works. The hm's that make the best viewing would be classed as threats. After 5 weeks everyone would have their targets and alliances set. I wouldn't want to watch a show where a group like the wolf pack were able to pick the house apart.

Housemates would be more guarded and false. Any desire to introduce the American system must be stopped in it's tracks. We can all watch BBUS if we want, but we take enough of our leads from the US, and being the 51st state is kind of sucky.

Jack_
23-03-2013, 01:01 PM
This could work, how many would be in the live final?

Four.

It'd be an eleven week series with 13 housemates. First three weeks as per the UK format, and then with 10 housemates left the US format starts.

Five weeks of that, leaving 5 housemates in both the Control Room and main house.

Once all the end-of-twist evictions are complete, 6 remain in the main house as it reverts back to the UK format. There's then three weeks left, so 6 down to 5 and then 5 down to 4 (on a vote to win, no noms) and the following week it's the final.

Need to reduce the number of HMs cant have 5 whole weeks with no eviction

Well there's two ways to solve this, but I wouldn't mind five weeks without having to listen to the moronic crowd boo every evictee.

Either:
Cut it down to three weeks and push the twist two weeks later (week 6). So with 8 housemates left, the US format starts. Over three weeks there is then 5 housemates left in the main house and 3 housemates left in the Control Room. Same twist as normal, two housemates with the least public votes of the five face the eviction of the three in the Control Room (I chose five initially cause there's more scope for a varying result). Then two of the three housemates in the Control Room are voted back into the main house by the public, leaving six for the final three weeks just like the original idea.

Or:
The 'evicted' housemates still leave and get their interview, but then are told of the twist and are sent straight back in.

Like Charley's Fake Eviction every week for five weeks.

I don't like the US version, so I don't think it particularly works. The hm's that make the best viewing would be classed as threats. After 5 weeks everyone would have their targets and alliances set. I wouldn't want to watch a show where a group like the wolf pack were able to pick the house apart.

But if those who make the best viewing are 'evicted', they'll still end up in the Control Room where we can watch them there (and this room will also be similar to the bedsit in that they'll be able to give the main house housemates nasty punishments and stuff). Not forgetting the five housemates that move in will eventually have their chance for revenge on them by evicting one of the two - so that could split up any group a bit and ruin someone's game that they've spent five weeks building. And plus two of these five will definitely return to the main house as chosen by the public.

Patrick
23-03-2013, 11:33 PM
YES. :worship:

newsbb
24-03-2013, 03:34 AM
the perfect blend of the formats ots how BIg brother brasil works, theres an HOH comp, HOH gets immunity plus get to name 1 nominee, the house nominates and the 2 with more votes join the other nominee. then public vote... mix between the house noms, strategy, plus the audiencie still votes.

Jack_
04-04-2013, 07:54 PM
Bump :D

emmetmcl
04-04-2013, 08:03 PM
Sounds like a good idea, but I don't think I'd be alone in wanting evictions.

mkbb
08-04-2013, 01:56 PM
the perfect blend of the formats ots how BIg brother brasil works, theres an HOH comp, HOH gets immunity plus get to name 1 nominee, the house nominates and the 2 with more votes join the other nominee. then public vote... mix between the house noms, strategy, plus the audiencie still votes.

This. Throw in a save and replace/POV task which the whole house can participate in and possibly change one of the nominations and I think you would have a winning formula. They need to make some changes this year surely! Although this is probably a little too big for the boring production team behind BBUK.

Petershaw1984
08-04-2013, 02:53 PM
This. Throw in a save and replace/POV task which the whole house can participate in and possibly change one of the nominations and I think you would have a winning formula. They need to make some changes this year surely! Although this is probably a little too big for the boring production team behind BBUK.

Love this idea. Ive been wanting bbuk to introduce something similar. Hoh and save and replace would be brilliant. The hoh could get a letter home and maybe even their own room and luxuries

lostalex
08-04-2013, 03:06 PM
i think BBUK should stay BBUK. We already have BBUS and now BBCan with the US rules. I think BBUK is doing fine the way it is. The only BB that really needs a change is BBAUS, cause last years BBAUS really sucked.

Me. I Am Salman
08-04-2013, 07:14 PM
no ty, I hate the US version
I agree with Alex.

Brekkie
08-04-2013, 09:36 PM
If you've a big continuing twist to the format you do it from the beginning - not a month in. If you don't do it from the start it suggests you haven't got confidence in it.

Samm
09-04-2013, 03:20 PM
I like The US version But It Gets Boring