PDA

View Full Version : EMMA CONFIRMED!

Sawyer
02-04-2013, 08:23 AM
Emma Willis has been confirmed as the new presenter of Big Brother and Celebrity Big Brother on Channel 5.

Willis has been promoted from spinoff show Bit on the Side and replaces Brian Dowling, who has been the main show's host since it moved to Channel 5 in 2011.

© Channel 5
Emma Willis will host Big Brother

"I am thrilled to have been offered this job. I'm a fan first and foremost so to be able to front the show is going to be amazing. Roll on the summer!" said Willis.

Channel 5's director of programmes Ben Frow said: "Emma is a natural on screen, she's made the spinoff show her own and now the time is totally right for her to step up. I know she'll take Big Brother to the next level and I can't wait to see her dealing with the housemates both famous and soon to be famous.

"I'd also like to thank Brian Dowling for doing such a sterling job over the last two years. He's been a big part of the success of the show and I wish him the very best."

Willis started working on Big Brother when the show was on Channel 4, co-hosting Big Brother's Little Brother with George Lamb.

Her other TV credits include MTV's TRL, I'm a Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! Now, the This Morning Hub and Girlfri3nds.

Big Brother and Celebrity Big Brother will return to Channel 5 in the summer.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s149/big-brother/news/a469816/emma-willis-replaces-brian-dowling-as-new-channel-5-big-brother-host.html#ixzz2PIBqf8Ce
Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook

Sawyer
02-04-2013, 08:24 AM
From digital spy, excuse the mistakes. I'm in my phone at work! ****ING amazing news.

BB IS ALIVE
02-04-2013, 08:45 AM
It's the best thing for the show, a new lease of life. Brian is a nice guy but Emma is SUCH as good presenter it would only be sensible to give it to her. This is great, hopefully the idea that a female host will get more publicity for the show will come true. I can't wait to see Emma on launch night.