PDA

View Full Version : BB14 changes

DigitalSid
02-04-2013, 04:16 PM
What would you like to see change for BB14 along with the presenters?

JohnnyBB
02-04-2013, 04:19 PM
just presenters and a lick of paint in the house thats all not gonna build myself up for anything.

Doogle
02-04-2013, 04:20 PM
I'd like a new house layout, less tack and great housemates.

Realistically though, I'm fine with a nicely themed house (I trust them with making the house nice now) and getting some good housemates. I can live with the awful editing.

Jack_
02-04-2013, 04:26 PM
- A massive layout change is a must. I'm fed up with the same narrow, straight build that the house has had since BB8. I want a return to BB6 and BB7 style houses

- A change of set on the outside

- Old style titles please and get the **** rid of housemates faces in them

- Online live feed (subscription or not idc)

- Emma hosting Bit On The Side in some form

- Marcus toned down

- Allow noms talk

- Up the gameplay a bit (maybe for a few weeks within the series as a twist)

@bbuk_fans
02-04-2013, 04:43 PM
I'd like to see a constant theme to the show again, like the channel 4 days when the eye would be a certain theme, as well as the house, the graphics etc.

Channel 5 last year for Big Brother 13 had about 2 or 3 themes going on, the eye they said was "olympics meet the hunger games" whilst the house had a las vegas theme! They improved it a considerate amount for January Celeb of this year, the winter of discontent theme was amazing, the house was a winter themed (ish) , the eye had ice blocks, lets hope they carry on!

joe199998293
02-04-2013, 04:44 PM
I'd like to see Emma host BOTS as well as the main show. I want a whole new house layout. I want the DR to be moved away from under the stairs or separate the lounge from the stairs. No more easy tasks, and if the HM's fail the shopping task don't go and let them have a takeaway. They need to do loads of embarrassing things, and half way through stick in some new housemates. NO SIBLINGS.

reece(:
02-04-2013, 04:45 PM
Editing is the main problem I have, less cheesy tunes from the Top40, less Marcus trying to be witty and more focus on the actual housemates. Live feed I'd like back too.

Jordan.
02-04-2013, 05:08 PM
House layout - Have the stairs closed off again because it ruins any potential fake eviction or new housemate twists. Also miss when they used to all listen at the door to what the reaction was and BB would tell them off for it.

Tougher on the housemates - I'd be happy for them to bring back to tokens because the none stop parties and luxury they have these days is boring. I want some of the tension back because the housemates are stressed. Also punish rule breakers with eviction (if they're dull)

No outside contact - involves leaving the house, housemates friends nominating... someone random coming in to give a housemate a massage as a treat etc :crazy:

Better/Longer Tasks - The weekly shopping tasks seem to last hours and they're too easy make them harder

Marcus shut up - He's become too loud. Everyone heard you tell the housemate to leave you don't need to follow it up "PLEASE LEAVE THE HOUSE IMMEDIATELYYY!!!!1"

Proper 'Best Bits' - Not just Now 82 playing over jumbled clips of the housemates laughing, crying, laughing again then leaving

That's all I can think of for now :D

Drew.
02-04-2013, 05:14 PM
- A massive layout change is a must. I'm fed up with the same narrow, straight build that the house has had since BB8. I want a return to BB6 and BB7 style houses

- A change of set on the outside

- Old style titles please and get the **** rid of housemates faces in them

- Online live feed (subscription or not idc)

- Emma hosting Bit On The Side in some form

- Marcus toned down

- Allow noms talk

- Up the gameplay a bit (maybe for a few weeks within the series as a twist)

would agree with this.. except from the noms talk, once that happens thats all the housemates talk about and can get a little boring.. i like it when they are surprised and are allowed to talk about it for a few days every so often, it causes them to panic a bit

Samm
02-04-2013, 05:21 PM
1. New House
2. More Like The Channel 4 BB (But Try and do it a little bit different)
3. More Spin-off Shows Like (Big mouth) or (Big brother diary room uncut) or they could make a new spin-off show.

Tregard
02-04-2013, 05:26 PM
They need to update it without changing the show completely.

And drop the overdramatic edits

Headie
02-04-2013, 05:31 PM
-More diverse bunch of housemates (e.g. ethnicities, personalities, ages etc.)
-New House Layout
-Eye Closed during interviews
-No messing with the prize money
-More Late Entrants
-Proper Series Best Bits
-Minimum of 3 up per week
-More Live Feed (I don't care what form it's in)

joe199998293
02-04-2013, 05:36 PM
They need to do that straw thing again when revealing the people going up for the public vote. I cant remember how it went, but I think everyone had a name on a straw and the people who didn't have a straw were up.

zakman440
02-04-2013, 05:36 PM
http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221789

A previous thread of mine which covers my thoughts - just replace Brian with Emma.

BigBrotherfan4ever
02-04-2013, 05:42 PM
New house layout
LiveFeed
24 hour tasks

zakman440
02-04-2013, 05:48 PM
Also, BETTER EVICTION SCRIPTS. The ones atm are just terrible. 'Who stays and who goes is entirely up to you but remember, you're voting to save' does not make sense. 'It's Crunch Time' and 'The Voting is now closed' with all of the thunder and 'VOTING NOW CLOSED' on screen is awful.

*mazedsalv**
02-04-2013, 05:51 PM
Well they are already taking a step in the right direction with the change of presenter. They should also:

- Bring back 24/7 Live Feed or at least online
- Change of house layout
- Longer tasks where they need to stay up
- Saturday night Live Task?
- Minimum of three housemates up each week

joe199998293
02-04-2013, 06:03 PM
Hopefully channel 5 realised the show is going downhill and are actually listening to use for once.

Gstar
02-04-2013, 06:31 PM
A house like BB6 or BB9

B-block and the jail is a must

BBDodge
02-04-2013, 06:49 PM
24/7 live feed online and forget the feeble tweets.
Highlight shows edited in chronological order with no flashbacks, montages, music or name tags.
A house where the room layout isn't the same as the last few shows.
Vote to evict.
Nom talk punishable by death (or something serious).
3 or more up each week to help stop groups rigging the vote.
Strictly no contact with the outside world.
A wider diversity of housemates (not necessarily by age, more by background, employment and interests).

Josy
02-04-2013, 06:56 PM
Live Feed (obviously)

I disagree with noms talk being allowed, makes nominations/evictions far too predictable.

Other than that the only thing I truly care about is getting decent housemates, it's them that make a series and always has been, not what the house looks like or anything else.

lukee
02-04-2013, 07:44 PM
New format
big brother usa maybe something like it

Online live feed

i would pay and the would be mad not to they could make money

new outdoor stage

better house

Tony1111
03-04-2013, 08:18 PM
Online Live Feed

New Layout
Simplicity not luxury

Basic Format
Housemates live together in a house where nobody leaves or enters

No nominations talk

No manipulating the Prize fund

Simple editing
No montages, flashbacks, names on screen or graphics

Basic Narration

Mix of ages

Vanessa
03-04-2013, 08:22 PM
Live feed, please! We need it! :nono:

newsbb
03-04-2013, 08:47 PM
12 weeks
Big Brother brazil format
new house layout

Glenn.
03-04-2013, 08:48 PM
I hope the house is unrecognisable from January. I'm fed up of the same layout. The garden needs changing up drastically too. It's been the same shape since what, BB10?

swinearefine
04-04-2013, 03:36 AM
There's a million things that could easily make the show watchable, but the three main things I want are:

-At least three nominees each week
-Live feed
-Older housemates

Patrick
04-04-2013, 03:21 PM
- Change The House Layout
Been the same for the past 5 years now, it's time for it to go back to the BB6 kind of style. Seriously.

- Live Streaming
Need I say more?

- Back to the old titles.
The newer titles do my ******ing head in, they're dull and boring and no one wants to see the housemates teeth and eyes. Just go away and stop trying to be America.

- Allow Nomination Talk
Contradicting my last point there, but so - they need to allow nomination talk. That's the reason BB13 was so good at the start and the reason there was constant arguing.

REMOVED

- Head of House
Haven't had it since BB9, and it needs to come back.

- Save & Replace
Haven't had since BB11, pls come back.

- Less Gimmicky Tasks
Just have one task a week like the old days, no more. Please make them like BB7s - without making the house look like a mess with random props lieing about and editing the task moments to the point where we can't even enjoy it.

- Vote To Save
idk. I have a funny feeling they aren't bringing this back. If anyone remembers how much it was debated about on BOTS and Twitter last time, they're clearly contemplating going back to vote to evict.

Jake.
04-04-2013, 03:22 PM
- Change The House Layout
Been the same for the past 5 years now, it's time for it to go back to the BB6 kind of style. Seriously.

- Live Streaming
Need I say more?

- Back to the old titles.
The newer titles do my ******ing head in, they're dull and boring and no one wants to see the housemates teeth and eyes. Just go away and stop trying to be America.

- Allow Nomination Talk
Contradicting my last point there, but so - they need to allow nomination talk. That's the reason BB13 was so good at the start and the reason there was constant arguing.

- Stab Marcus Bentley
No one likes him. No one wants him anymore. Just throw him away into a skip or something idc.

- Head of House
Haven't had it since BB9, and it needs to come back.

- Save & Replace
Haven't had since BB11, pls come back.

- Less Gimmicky Tasks
Just have one task a week like the old days, no more. Please make them like BB7s - without making the house look like a mess with random props lieing about and editing the task moments to the point where we can't even enjoy it.

- Vote To Save
idk. I have a funny feeling they aren't bringing this back. If anyone remembers how much it was debated about on BOTS and Twitter last time, they're clearly contemplating going back to vote to evict.

Pretty much all of this tbh

Patrick
04-04-2013, 03:23 PM
I hope the house is unrecognisable from January. I'm fed up of the same layout. The garden needs changing up drastically too. It's been the same shape since what, BB10?

Last time the house was completely built up again from the inside was 2008 - but yeah the garden was bigger in BB9 after CBB6, was made smaller and that's the sh*te we're left with now. :bored: It needs sorted.

Patrick
04-04-2013, 03:26 PM
Live Feed (obviously)

I disagree with noms talk being allowed, makes nominations/evictions far too predictable.

Other than that the only thing I truly care about is getting decent housemates, it's them that make a series and always has been, not what the house looks like or anything else.

Production is equally as important.

ala BB10 - Amazing Housemates, Sh*te Production.

Jack_
04-04-2013, 03:28 PM
If they dare get rid of vote to save I swear to ****ing God sh*t will go down. I know the voters ruined the point of it last year but still, it's a lot better than the alternative that is the disastrous vote to evict.

I agree with a minimum of three nominees each week, that should slightly solve the head-to-head problem of the most entertaining one always leaving.

Patrick
04-04-2013, 03:30 PM
I just tweeted Channel 5 and the Producers, this thread. :laugh:

Jake.
04-04-2013, 03:43 PM
Ahaha :laugh: be funny if they read it

Patrick
04-04-2013, 03:52 PM
We need the old house tours on Launch Nights aswell omg. Emma is brilliant at house tours, she's done like 5 already on BBLB/YouTube.

Jake.
04-04-2013, 03:53 PM
We need the old house tours on Launch Nights aswell omg. Emma is brilliant at house tours, she's done like 5 already on BBLB/YouTube.

OH YES PLEASE! :worship: no ****ty slideshow showing the 'raunchy' hot-tub or the 'frisky' bed covers.

Jarrod
04-04-2013, 03:57 PM
I really do think the show will be a bit more serious this year with Emma hosting.

Josiah.
04-04-2013, 04:17 PM
I totally agree. I really want more BB-esque titles & an actual house tour.

Patrick
04-04-2013, 04:33 PM
I hope the reason we never got a house tour for the past 2 years was because Brian was like shy of doing it or something - and now that we have Emma, they'll feel more comfortable letting her in.

Honestly, what is wrong with having the host give us a walk through tour of the new house in all it's glory for 5 minutes before the first Ad break? Why do they feel the need to have some sort of circus act with dancing girls and 'hunky men' - with some silly song playing, or Marcus Bentley screaming everywhere, to kick of the new series?

What was wrong with a simple opening line, brand new sexy titles, a house tour, the first Ad Break and then bring on the housemates.

It was so simple and it worked and it was just amazing and the best way to start of Summer. I'm getting myself all emotional and nostalgic now. :laugh:

Jake.
04-04-2013, 04:34 PM
I really do think the show will be a bit more serious this year with Emma hosting.

I really hope that you're right Jarrod

EddyEagal
04-04-2013, 04:43 PM
Main thing for me would be older housemates. Having so many young housemates just makes it so boring.

armand.kay
04-04-2013, 04:55 PM
And tbh I would not mind if they got rud of the crowd idhtt for them :idc:

Tony1111
04-04-2013, 06:18 PM
I suggest a new production team that don't use so much music and graphics. It should really be a social experiment to see how far people are willing to go to win. It should blend nastiness with niceness and fun and focus on a range of housemates. There should be no constructed storylines it should just be about people living life everyday together for two or three months.

I think they should let the public have a bigger say in how the show is manipulated maybe have online weekly punishment polls on the official website. I think tasks should have a Trick or Treat option if they get a treat they get a bigger budget if they get a trick they should lose the budget or maybe incorporate the I'm a Celebrity food tasks with stars but change them to tokens maybe each token equalling £50 worth of shopping budget and having a mixture of strategic, athletic, strength based and intellectual tasks that housemates will nominate eachother for based on their abilities.

Patrick
04-04-2013, 07:12 PM
Adore that last part Tony.

reece(:
04-04-2013, 07:18 PM
They need to bring some sort of S&R/Veto type thing back in, bring the GAMESHOW element back, more nom talks and a HoH with a room for them would be interesting. Adapt theirselves.

Patrick
04-04-2013, 07:21 PM
The Game Show element was never there dude, the closest we ever got was in BB5 - and Victor and Jason were made out to be absolute wankers for their gameplaying. Which is a shame.

It's only been recently that some of the greats like Aaron Allard who have been able to step up and bring this game playing thing to the frontline, and look what happened to him - yes he won, but the producers and public made him look like a vile pig.. for playing the game.
It should be embraced!

reece(:
04-04-2013, 07:25 PM
But it's certainly the direction they should move in, the controversy would be there- that's obviously what they're after. Can they not see that this Essex-esque charade is becoming entirely predictable with the boring as **** focus on showmances and poor editing.

Jack_
04-04-2013, 07:33 PM
The game aspect needs to be increased, I suggest ramping the prize fund up to £250k and putting more of an emphasis on fighting for it.

*goes to bump my two idea threads again*

Patrick
04-04-2013, 07:39 PM
Doesn't matter what amount the prize fund stands at initially, no doubt they'll find ways to slash it throughout the series to pay for the next member of So Solid Crew to join the house after the 'silly normal series' is over. :idc:

Jack_
04-04-2013, 07:44 PM
:laugh2:

God I ****ing hate Celebrity Big Brother. The thought of another series this summer is just too much to handle, why can't they just give us a break? Nobody cares about watching Corrie's Audrey ****ing Roberts get shocked in those bloody shock suits and do her infamous 'hmm' a thousand times in an orgasmic spasm.

emmetmcl
04-04-2013, 07:52 PM
Live Feed
Even if just overnight or even a few hours during the day, instead of showing old B-movies on Channel 5 and 5*.

Vote To Save
We need at least three up each week. Vote to Save is good, but having two up just wastes it.

More Varied Housemates
I'm sick of 18-25 year old London based housemates. It seemed like such a novely having someone from outside England last year in Conor. Also, have a wider age range of housemates.

Less Camp/Tacky
I don't care what anyone says, Big Brother never used to be this camp. It never had, from memory, half naked men, cheesy catch-phrases, and worst of all, Jeff the singing cross-dresser. Obviously Big Brother has a large gay male and female following, but it's almost like they don't want straight people watching anymore.

New Titles/Eye/Graphics
It doesn't really affect the show that much, but the opening titles introduce you to the show, as does the eye. Have something like we used to have, something more "creepy," or more "serious" at least. It's more like Hollyoaks or something having the HMs faces in the opening titles; the series should be about "Big Brother" - not the housemates. This is probably a really anal complaint, but having "Lines now closed" or "Lines open in 2 minutes" taking up half the screen is annoying. It looks like they're using Movie Maker to produce the show. A small piece of writing in the corner, a la Channel 4 suffices.

Music/Editing
The music and editing really has to be toned down. Often tasks and events are just set to music and over in 3 to 4 minutes. The name tags are annoying, maybe for the first few days, but get rid of them then. Also, Marcus should be allowed to go back to the way he was. Even the put-on voice is okay, but the supposedly funny lines they give him to say doesn't seem to fit him at all.

Evictions
No more housemates begging for votes, not even in the live feed. No more pictures of housemates faces flashing across the screen. Show us them on the screen on the side of the house like C4 and C5 used to do. Get rid of the sirens; the countdown isn't too bad, although I'd rather see it gone. But the sirens mean you can't hear the crowds reaction at all. The music isn't too bad though, as long as they wait a few seconds so the crowd reaction can be heard.

So in summary, back to what it was on Channel 4 :D /Rant over

Patrick
04-04-2013, 08:11 PM
The music is the worst thing tbh. If they want to play music - play the Big Brother theme tune or gtf.

Also agree with that 4th point, they make it really hard for straight people to watch now - it's just cringey. As someone who use to get called all the names of the day in school for having an obsession for Big Brother, the camp new direction they took after BB11 really doesn't make things easier for people.

emmetmcl
04-04-2013, 08:36 PM
The music is the worst thing tbh. If they want to play music - play the Big Brother theme tune or gtf.

Also agree with that 4th point, they make it really hard for straight people to watch now - it's just cringey. As someone who use to get called all the names of the day in school for having an obsession for Big Brother, the camp new direction they took after BB11 really doesn't make things easier for people.

Yeah, I'm almost embarrassed to look at a Big Brother website in front of other people now, or watch BBBOTS, especially when Jeff is singing - I swear my whole family must think I'm gay lol

Jack_
04-04-2013, 08:55 PM
When I'm watching Bit On The Side and my dad comes in, literally every night he is like 'the ****** is this crap?', I get all defensive though and am like 'well you don't watch it so' :hmph: BOTS 4 lyf idc <3

Headie
05-04-2013, 10:19 AM
This is Ben Frow's C5 email if anyone wants to mail him about things that have been said here.

ben.frow@channel5.com

Headie
07-04-2013, 09:28 PM
This is Ben Frow's C5 email if anyone wants to mail him about things that have been said here.

ben.frow@channel5.com

BUMP. We could also email him about the Live Feed situation and whether the rumours are true.

Patrick
07-04-2013, 09:35 PM
BUMP. We could also email him about the Live Feed situation and whether the rumours are true.

What rumours? :suspect:

joe199998293
07-04-2013, 09:37 PM
@HB123, Just messaged him about the 'Live feed every night' I hope he replies.

Patrick
07-04-2013, 09:38 PM
WAT IS ALL THIS ABOUT LIVE FEED.

oh my word. i leave here for an hour and come back to this news :love: