PDA

View Full Version : Brian 'Furious' Over Axe (Paid 100K)

Jake.
04-04-2013, 01:20 PM
Axed Big Brother 2013 host Brian Dowling is reportedly furious with show bosses.

Channel 5 producers are looking to shake up the aging reality show this summer and confirmed yesterday that Brian would be replaced on the main show by current Bit On The Side presenter Emma Willis.

Channel 5′s director of programmes Ben Frow said: “Emma is a natural on screen, she’s made the spinoff show her own and now the time is totally right for her to step up. I know she’ll take Big Brother to the next level and I can’t wait to see her dealing with the housemates both famous and soon to be famous.

“I’d also like to thank Brian Dowling for doing such a sterling job over the last two years. He’s been a big part of the success of the show and I wish him the very best.”

It was a surprise to hear after Channel 5 signed Brian to a new two year contract only last autumn.

It means he’ll be give a £100,000 pay off, with a new face being brought in to front Bit On The Side.

Despite the money, Brian’s not happy and a pal told The Sun newspaper today: “It goes without saying that Brian is fuming at what’s happened. This was his job and one they had contracted him to do.

“There is a new Channel 5 boss and obviously he had different ideas — but it has cost him as Brian will have to be paid.”

Big Brother will return to Channel 5 in the summer.

Read more: http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/big-brother/139592-big-brother-2013-brian-dowling-furious-over-axe-but-he-will-get-100k-pay-off.html#ixzz2PV5gDI3U

Black Dagger
04-04-2013, 01:21 PM
You'd be a little bit angry, he was apparently contracted to do this series and CBB.

But an extra 100k in your backpocket? You'd be laughing.

Shaun
04-04-2013, 01:21 PM
Brian’s not happy and a pal told The Sun newspaper today

ohay narinder

Black Dagger
04-04-2013, 01:22 PM
ohay narinder

:joker:

Patrick
04-04-2013, 01:27 PM
Oh FFS Brian. You're a sh*te host and no one liked you anyway - now you've got more money than the past two winners of Big Brother actually walked away with. :idc:

Tregard
04-04-2013, 01:29 PM
Oh FFS Brian. You're a sh*te host and no one liked you anyway - now you've got more money than the past two winners of Big Brother actually walked away with. :idc:

Most people would still be pissed off, I very much doubt it was just about the money for him.

Patrick
04-04-2013, 01:32 PM
Did the guy REALLY not see this coming? I'm sorry but he can delude himself all he likes and bathe in the glorious round of applause that the elstree crowds surround him with until his heart is content - but if he really hosted this show for 2 years and was oblivious to the fact that a good 90% of the viewers despised him as a host, then Jesus Christ.

arista
04-04-2013, 01:36 PM
He should have done his Job
better

Sign Of The Times

Kizzy
04-04-2013, 01:45 PM
I hear aerlingus are recruiting.... sorry bri :joker:

GiRTh
04-04-2013, 01:46 PM
He must have known he was awful.

Vanessa
04-04-2013, 01:46 PM
I read this on twitter yesterday. Poor Brian. What a slap in the face! :joker:

zakman440
04-04-2013, 01:54 PM
Oh well, he can annoy people back in Ireland now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiJ09ly8W64

Marc
04-04-2013, 01:56 PM
He was absolutely awful though

joeysteele
04-04-2013, 02:05 PM
I don't agree thta he was awful,he was by far better than even Davina in her last 2 series at elast of Big Brother, her eviction interviews were dreadful in those last 2 series.

£100,000 is a good pay off, no denying that but if he is upset,angry or furious at this event then he has every right to be.
The way this originally started to come out and all the speculation is pretty shabby to say the least and he must feel he has been stabbed in the back.

Not a good start to the next series of BB and it will,no matter what others say, now seem really odd not having Brian there at all now.
I wish him well and actually I have enjoyed his time as presenter too.

Sawyer
04-04-2013, 02:09 PM
I find it funny that he was contracted to be paid £100k, which is actually the same amount the winner is paid. (if we don't count the twists).

At the end of the day, if I did a **** job at managing my department, i'd be fired, and I wouldn't expect my replacement to call me first to let me know she has my job. That would just be a slap in the face.

Marc
04-04-2013, 02:10 PM
Brian has never been better than Davina, sorry that's just a massive insult to her. She's far more professional and presenter-savvy than him.

EddyEagal
04-04-2013, 02:12 PM
While I never liked Brian and I'm glad he won't be presenting anymore, he has every right to be angry about it. He was contracted for wasn't it around four more series? Two civilian and two celeb? 100K seems reasonable... he definitely deserves compensation for the axing.

joeysteele
04-04-2013, 02:13 PM
Brian has never been better than Davina, sorry that's just a massive insult to her. She's far more professional and presenter-savvy than him.

I liked Davina Marc but in her last 2 series she was,to me anyway, chronic to say the least, the eviction interviews not even worth doing and never reflecting the public perception of the housemates.
For me she acted like it was her show not BB,sorry but that's my view,I was glad to see her go in the end after those last series.

arista
04-04-2013, 02:13 PM
Oh well, he can annoy people back in Ireland now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiJ09ly8W64

Yes RTE can pay him less, next time.

Life In The Fast Lane

Sawyer
04-04-2013, 02:22 PM

Exactly. I don't understand how anyone can put Davina and Brian on the same level. There is no competition.

How can you compare this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jue3OANNPs[

with this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XvAa8XzS8Q

Jake.
04-04-2013, 02:23 PM

:worship:

Tregard
04-04-2013, 02:48 PM
Exactly. I don't understand how anyone can put Davina and Brian on the same level. There is no competition.

with this...

Yeah but BB7 was when she was at her best, she goes downhill from there.

Jake.
04-04-2013, 02:49 PM
She may not have been as great as before, but Davina was always better than Brian

swinearefine
04-04-2013, 02:50 PM
Thank **** Brian's finally gone, but I do feel bad for him. He's one of my favorite housemates and I do think he's a good presenter, just not a good Big Brother presenter. I've seen some of his other presenting work and he did fine when he was in a more natural environment and could be himself instead of some obnoxious robot desperate to hump the leg of any male that steps onto the stage. He would have been great for BOTS but there's obviously no way he'd do that now. Hopefully he gets some presenting work on a camp magazine-type show or something idk.

Jords
04-04-2013, 02:54 PM
Hopefully that means we wont see him on BOTS

Marsh.
04-04-2013, 02:54 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jue3OANNPs

:love: Nostalgia...

Is it wrong that I found her hot when she was pregnant? :shocked:

Patrick
04-04-2013, 02:58 PM

with this...

I opened that second link, and clicked on any random point in the video - and the first thing I heard was him say;

'We wiped down Amy's fake tan marks!!!!11!'

Big Brother 2011 in a nutshell. :idc:

JohnnyBB
04-04-2013, 03:06 PM
oh boohoo brian didint give a ****, he never watched the show, and he was allways on holiday hed come in on friday do his job and forget about it.

Jack_
04-04-2013, 03:08 PM
Yeah, I have to say I always got the feeling Brian wasn't watching the show. Every ****ing week he'd tweet a picture of him on holiday somewhere with some **** buddy or something and there wouldn't be a mention of BB at all until Friday night...I was like :suspect: are you even aware this is BB season or what?

Jack_
04-04-2013, 03:13 PM
I mean what the **** do these have to do with Big Brother, Brian? TELL ME. WHAT THE **** sfdgl :bored: GET OUT

https://twitter.com/brianofficial/status/292730212876165120

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BA_8k-HCIAAM0am.jpg

https://twitter.com/brianofficial/status/292992002193248257

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BBDqrHUCUAI6Guh.jpg

Patrick
04-04-2013, 03:14 PM
:laugh2: :laugh2:

Patrick
04-04-2013, 03:15 PM
Christ Almighty :laugh:

JohnnyBB
04-04-2013, 03:15 PM
hahaha hes probally more gutted hes not gonna get as much willy now hes not on the telly than big brother!

Jake.
04-04-2013, 03:16 PM
Wtf :laugh:

Gstar
04-04-2013, 03:23 PM
On the Big Brother 2011 live launch video it actually showed some decent potential housemates at the beginning

Tony1111
04-04-2013, 06:02 PM
He will be welcome back to Ireland with open arms so hopefully he stays there and we won't see him again. :D

reece(:
04-04-2013, 06:06 PM
Not as furious as I was all throughout his tenure on channel 5.

emmetmcl
04-04-2013, 06:44 PM
I'm sad to see Brian gone, I always really liked him.

I just hope Emma can get her lines out without laughing and is more like she was a few years ago than recently on BOTS.

Vanessa
04-04-2013, 06:48 PM
Emma will be good, because she loves the show. :dance2:

joeysteele
04-04-2013, 06:55 PM
Emma will be good, because she loves the show. :dance2:

I hope she will be.
However Brian loved the show and was a dedicated follower of BB too, yet it seems to most on here he is considered useless as presenter.
He was a good presenter in my view though.

emmetmcl
04-04-2013, 07:03 PM
He will be welcome back to Ireland with open arms so hopefully he stays there and we won't see him again. :D

I'm not so sure about that actually. He is popular and people like him, however I think the first thing he actually presented over here was Wagons' Den, with Katherine Lynch.

Its quite surprising in my opinion, but maybe that's just because there's more money to be made in the UK.

You could see him presenting some low budget chat show with the likes of Amy Childs, Josie Gibson, etc as guests at 11pm on TV3 on a Tuesday night though.

I'd like to see him get something decent again though

Patrick
04-04-2013, 07:30 PM
He can go work on GayTV or something - it would suit him alot better, considering he obviously used Big Brother as a platform to get abit of action.

Marsh.
04-04-2013, 07:37 PM
Yeah because the host of the show must make their twitter account all about BB and must make their life revolve around the show in order to be a good host. Or not.

Jack_
04-04-2013, 07:40 PM
^ Nobody said that, but ****ing off around the world and seemingly not paying any interest in the show doesn't sit well with a show like BB which has a hardcore fanbase. I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting the host of this show to be as dedicated as us, I mean as hilarious as George Lamb was he was so for all the wrong reasons...his complete lack of interest in the show was a ****ing joke.

Yeah I know a job's a job and it's just business to them but a lot of us would like someone thats as big a fan as us presenting. I'm not saying Brian's not a fan, but I think Emma has always been a lot more invested in it than he has, former housemate or not.

reece(:
04-04-2013, 07:43 PM
He should be singing their praises and thanking them for even hiring him in the first place, standing along with greats such as Chenbot, Arisa and Sonia he should have been bowing down not pissing off abroad without a care in the world.

AnnieK
04-04-2013, 07:43 PM
Yeah...I liked Davina and one of the main reasons was she loved the actual show. When she said she'd been shouting at the tv whilst watching it, I believed her. Emma is the same so hopefully she'll do a great job...

Patrick
04-04-2013, 07:46 PM
I mean as hilarious as George Lamb was he was so for all the wrong reasons...his complete lack of interest in the show was a ****ing joke.

:joker::joker::joker::joker:

Good ol' George :lovedup:

GypsyGoth
04-04-2013, 07:47 PM
Brian was an awful presenter, he doesn't have the personality for it, he prefers to be the centre of attention.

Good riddance to him, I don't think he helped BB on C5 at all. Emma should have got the job from the start (or another professional presenter who loved BB).

I think C5 were blinded by Brian public popularity as a HM. I guess we'll see how nice a person he really is now.

Marsh.
04-04-2013, 07:49 PM
Tbh, if I could afford to jet off around the world every week I would aswell. Can't blame him at all. Earn my cash for a couple of hours on a Friday night and avoid it the rest of the week, good on him.

I'd probably feel differently if I myself still had the same passion for BB, especially the main summer series.

It'll be bargain holidays to Butlins now he's lost his big salary anyway, unless he returns to being cabin crew. :laugh:

emmetmcl
04-04-2013, 07:58 PM
I don't doubt Brian is a fan of the show. Any time I've ever seen him on anything else he's always managed to talk about Big Brother, even if it has nothing to do with the subject at hand

Niamh.
04-04-2013, 07:59 PM

Plenty of people liked him :nono:

lostalex
04-04-2013, 08:05 PM
Poor old Brian. Thrown in the gutter like an empty starbucks cup.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/fe3c08591b118437c45ec88404c7497f/tumblr_mhidmlCG1J1r1mr1po1_500.gif

Tregard
04-04-2013, 10:48 PM
Davina lives in France and only caught up with the show near the end of the week.

Patrick
04-04-2013, 10:55 PM
Does she literally live in France? omg. Why am I only finding this out.

lostalex
04-04-2013, 11:54 PM
Why is living in France a big deal? It's really not that far. The Uk and France are basically the equivalent of New York and New Jersey. (i'll leave it up to you to decide which is which...)

Marsh.
05-04-2013, 01:21 AM
I don't think she lives in France but as BB is in summer, that's when she spends a lot of time there as the kids are off school.

From what she said in an interview, they take 3-4 week holiday there and that's when she would fly back on the Thursday night and fly back on Saturday after the eviction show.

emmetmcl
05-04-2013, 01:24 AM
Why is living in France a big deal? It's really not that far. The Uk and France are basically the equivalent of New York and New Jersey. (i'll leave it up to you to decide which is which...)

Not really. New York in Jersey have the same television channels, news, culture, etc.

I doubt Big Brother gets much coverage in France, and I don't think south of France picks up a Freeview signal, if even a Freesat signal