PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Bentley tweets regarding house

Sawyer
10-04-2013, 09:07 PM
Not sure if this has already been posted, but on the 6th April:

I think I heard that there was going to be a complete refit and turnaround of the house.

https://twitter.com/marcusBBbentley/status/320461448436383744

joe199998293
10-04-2013, 09:10 PM
That was tweeted to me :)

Sawyer
10-04-2013, 09:11 PM
That was tweeted to me :)

then you should of posted it! haha

Jake.
10-04-2013, 11:14 PM
Hope so!

Marsh.
10-04-2013, 11:32 PM
"Turnaround"?

That sounds like the rooms have been swapped round but it's not been shelled as a lot of people on here are saying.

The bedroom will just swap sides, the pool will move somewhere else in the garden etc etc.

elliebrew
11-04-2013, 12:05 AM
??? I don't understand what people are expecting! There's only so much you can do with a limited space structure! Jeevus

Marsh.
11-04-2013, 12:55 AM
??? I don't understand what people are expecting! There's only so much you can do with a limited space structure! Jeevus

I'm not expecting anything.
I'm pointing out it's unlikely that the shell had been gutted.... Jeevus.

SharkAttack
11-04-2013, 06:14 AM

Well, they can add another floor and build upwards. I'd like that. :hugesmile: Make it a hotel if they wish. ;)

arista
11-04-2013, 06:23 AM

More Secret rooms

Tregard
11-04-2013, 07:43 AM

BB6, BB9 and BB13 all look massively different. Another change like that, please.

Josy
11-04-2013, 09:23 AM
I'm not fussed about the house, I have said it before but it's not the style/design of the house that makes a series IMO.

Jordan.
11-04-2013, 10:31 AM
He thinks he heard... OKAY

Me. I Am Salman
11-04-2013, 10:36 AM
sure there'll be, and even if the layout is changed the house will still be tacky.

Gstar
11-04-2013, 03:03 PM
All I want is the sitting/eviction area to be as far away from the stairs as possible. I don't really care about anything else tbh

joe199998293
11-04-2013, 03:37 PM
A lick of paint, new furniture and just a wall where the stairs are and im happy.

Headie
11-04-2013, 03:44 PM
All I want is the sitting/eviction area to be as far away from the stairs as possible. I don't really care about anything else tbh

This. And the stairs to be blocked off from the house. This is another good example of how to block crowd noise, reactions etc.

JohnnyBB
11-04-2013, 03:49 PM
This. And the stairs to be blocked off from the house. This is another good example of how to block crowd noise, reactions etc.

it would be nice if they switched the bedroom to the lounge made the task room into the kitchen an put the bedroom in the living area so the first thing you see when you come in the house is a bunch of beds haha.

lukee
12-04-2013, 02:59 PM
he also tweeted this to me after i tweeted him

@marcusBBbentley do you mean a complete shell refit or bedroom moved to other side of the house ???

@boy_manhattan_ I've believe the whole house is getting completely redesigned.

Jack_
12-04-2013, 03:37 PM
'Redesigned' could just mean changes to the decor and furniture, I'm still not getting my hopes up

DigitalSid
12-04-2013, 03:45 PM
Redesigned does suggest it's more than a CBB-ish redecorator job but it doesn't necessarily mean that the layout or shape will change. Ask him if the layout's changed.

Headie
12-04-2013, 03:54 PM
This is getting my hopes up and I feel like I'll be disappointed when I see the house pics. I was quite pleased when I saw the house pics for BB13, but on film I noticed how similar it was to BB12's house. Hope I don't feel like this again for BB14's house.

Headie
12-04-2013, 04:06 PM
Redesigned does suggest it's more than a CBB-ish redecorator job but it doesn't necessarily mean that the layout or shape will change. Ask him if the layout's changed.

Just looked on his twitter and someone's asked him about the layout. He said this:

Marcus Bentley ‏@marcusBBbentley 7h

@mrS4MUEL I was told a complete new layout. also that they were considering a brand new outside set too. Minds are often change though.

Jamesy
12-04-2013, 04:45 PM
"Minds are often change though"

Hmm, he either knows more than he's letting on (so he's in effect implying that they have gone back on an idea). Or he's clueless and is just covering his back to avoid any flack if things are the same once the full reveal happens.

I'm not getting my hopes up though.

Marc
12-04-2013, 04:47 PM
I'd like an upside down house

joe199998293
12-04-2013, 05:12 PM

Joey ‏@JoeStfu 59m
@marcusBBbentley Marcus, you say the house has been re designed. But do you mean theres a completely new layout. Nothing like BB13?

Marcus Bentley ‏@marcusBBbentley 15s
@JoeStfu that's what I was told in January. However, like all things, I'm sure the could change their minds.

Sawyer
12-04-2013, 06:10 PM
Just looked on his twitter and someone's asked him about the layout. He said this:

Marcus Bentley ‏@marcusBBbentley 7h

@mrS4MUEL I was told a complete new layout. also that they were considering a brand new outside set too. Minds are often change though.

Omg! He tweeted that to me!!!!

Headie
12-04-2013, 06:38 PM
Omg! He tweeted that to me!!!!

:joker: Well thanks for asking the question we were all dying to know! Lets hope he's telling us the truth! :hugesmile:

Brekkie
12-04-2013, 08:58 PM
In reality Marcus would know nothing - he won't be back on site until days before the season begins and will be relying on little more than office rumours. If he was in a position where he really was privy to any information he wouldn't be tweeting about it (that's a point - can we report him to his bosses and get him sacked please!)

Bigest Brother Fan ever
12-04-2013, 09:46 PM
In reality Marcus would know nothing - he won't be back on site until days before the season begins and will be relying on little more than office rumours. If he was in a position where he really was privy to any information he wouldn't be tweeting about it (that's a point - can we report him to his bosses and get him sacked please!)
You Cannot Sack Marcus Bentley, No matter how annoying his voice may be now, he is our big brother.

emmetmcl
12-04-2013, 10:53 PM
You Cannot Sack Marcus Bentley, No matter how annoying his voice may be now, he is our big brother.

Yeah, Marcus is brilliant. Even though they make him say a lot of cringey stuff, I love him

Jake.
13-04-2013, 12:37 AM
Urgh I'd love a new exterior :(

Jarrod
13-04-2013, 12:55 AM

He's not our Big Brother. He's just our narrator who we've had since Day 1.

zakman440
13-04-2013, 01:16 AM
Urgh I'd love a new exterior :(
Same. The only changes that they've made to it is remove te steps from the catwalk and put some ropelights up. It looks so tacky and small, compared to the massive C4 crowds. They need to re-occupy the George Lucas stage really

SharkAttack
13-04-2013, 07:49 AM

Getting a bit blasphemous! :joker: The show would be off without him, IMHO, not sure he isn't our BB.

Brekkie
13-04-2013, 12:36 PM
But on Day 1 he didn't have an annoyingly thick over exagerrated Geordie accent and he didn't feel the need to point out literally everything that happens during the show.

As they always say a good narrator is never noticed. Marcus Bentley is the most famous narrator in the country.

Cherie
13-04-2013, 12:41 PM
I'm not fussed about the house, I have said it before but it's not the style/design of the house that makes a series IMO.

Absoutely its all about the mix of people.

InOne
13-04-2013, 12:45 PM
But on Day 1 he didn't have an annoyingly thick over exagerrated Geordie accent and he didn't feel the need to point out literally everything that happens during the show.

As they always say a good narrator is never noticed. Marcus Bentley is the most famous narrator in the country.

You'd almost think it was a different person these days.

Petershaw1984
13-04-2013, 03:53 PM
We should get the x factpr voice over guy instead of marcus

BBDodge
13-04-2013, 03:55 PM

Couldn't think of anyone worse.

Patrick
13-04-2013, 03:58 PM
The guy talks sh*te and somehow, in the past 2 years - thinks he's a solid member of the production team.

Patrick
13-04-2013, 04:02 PM

wat.

emmetmcl
13-04-2013, 04:13 PM

God no.

People know him as the X Factor guy, Marcus is known as the Big Brother voiceover guy. We need keep Marcus.

Patrick
13-04-2013, 04:17 PM
We don't need to keep Marcus. He needs to ****** off away from the show. I'm fed up with them abusing his voice now.

It doesn't need to be used on evictions, it doesn't need to be used before titles, it doesn't need to be SCREAMED at us when they're participating in a task - it was mildly amusing in BB11 during the Horse Task, but now it's anything but funny, and they need to stop using his voice as some kind of personality of it's own.

Either, tell him to ****** off for good and not have a narrator at all [it isn't compulsory] or tell him to tone it down abit. :bored:

I need to watch what I say, last week I got a warning on here for 'threatening to stab Marcus Bentley' - because a moderator is either wanting his cock, or can't take a joke.

Jamesy
13-04-2013, 04:30 PM
Marcus' over the top accent will not be his fault though. It's the fault of the producers, who have clearly ordered him to speak in that way. He didn't go from quite a soft Geordie accent to a thick one in the space of a year with the transition from C4 to C5. So it's clear whoever is in charge is telling him what to do.

Imo, whoever is telling Marcus to speak so over the top should be the one being sacked.

They really need to tone Marcus down, and stop using him for evictions. They can quite easily get Emma to do that. The whole original idea I liked about Marcus was that he just simply narrates the house going-ons and nothing else. Since C4 introduced him talking for evictions, then C5 carrying this on and turning it 10x more dramatic has really ruined the effect.

Jake.
13-04-2013, 04:31 PM
Marcus' over the top accent will not be his fault though. It's the fault of the producers, who have clearly ordered him to speak in that way. He didn't go from quite a soft Geordie accent to a thick one in the space of a year with the transition from C4 to C5. So it's clear whoever is in charge is telling him what to do.

Imo, whoever is telling Marcus to speak so over the top should be the one being sacked.

They really need to tone Marcus down, and stop using him for evictions. They can quite easily get Emma to do that. The whole original idea I liked about Marcus was that he just simply narrates the house going-ons and nothing else. Since C4 introduced him talking for evictions, then C5 carrying this on and turning it 10x more dramatic has really ruined the effect.

:worship:

emmetmcl
13-04-2013, 05:11 PM
I like hearing him in the evictions and launches actually.

I don't really like him putting on his accent more and more, but I can cope.

What I do hate is when he is made commentate on tasks; I dont mind him telling us what is happening at the start of the clip, but talking over the whole task is annoying

BigBrotherfan4ever
13-04-2013, 05:22 PM

I have to agree with you, I think this is all down to the producers, telling Marcus to speak in a certain way.

Patrick
13-04-2013, 05:23 PM
Well no because in 2010 you could see him start to do it in BB11 aswell, he has openly fought with hardcore fans - like myself, on Twitter over it because he can't take criticism and thought everyone found his 'new found voice' hilarious.

daniel-lewis-1985
13-04-2013, 05:25 PM
Emma should narrate the show imo.

Like Davina used to do every Friday highlights show.

Her voice is quite soft and I couldn't imagine her screaming over tasks like "OOOOOH, AND ITS NECK AND NECK......GARETH IS IN THE LEAD BUT ROMEO CLOSE ON HIS TAIL!!"

ffs its embaressing.

Marcus needs to go and the serious monotone voice needs to be brought back on the eviction countdown

DigitalSid
13-04-2013, 06:37 PM

Her voice is quite soft and I couldn't imagine her screaming over tasks like "OOOOOH, AND ITS NECK AND NECK......GARETH IS IN THE LEAD BUT ROMEO CLOSE ON HIS TAIL!!"

ffs its embaressing.

Marcus needs to go and the serious monotone voice needs to be brought back on the eviction countdown

His early BB voice wouldn't suit the show as it is now, but it would be nice for them to tone down the shouting and go for the slightly more authoritative voice he had pre-BB11. I say them because I don't think it's Marcus doing it to draw attention to himself, if the script says to shout something, he's going to shout it.

Me. I Am Salman
13-04-2013, 07:00 PM
We don't need to keep Marcus. He needs to ****** off away from the show. I'm fed up with them abusing his voice now.

It doesn't need to be used on evictions, it doesn't need to be used before titles, it doesn't need to be SCREAMED at us when they're participating in a task - it was mildly amusing in BB11 during the Horse Task, but now it's anything but funny, and they need to stop using his voice as some kind of personality of it's own.

Either, tell him to ****** off for good and not have a narrator at all [it isn't compulsory] or tell him to tone it down abit. :bored:

I need to watch what I say, last week I got a warning on here for 'threatening to stab Marcus Bentley' - because a moderator is either wanting his cock, or can't take a joke.

lmfao

Josy
13-04-2013, 07:12 PM

Or because its against the rules to wish harm on people but that wouldnt have sounded as good in your rant eh?

:bored:

Marsh.
13-04-2013, 07:35 PM
Well no because in 2010 you could see him start to do it in BB11 aswell, he has openly fought with hardcore fans - like myself, on Twitter over it because he can't take criticism and thought everyone found his 'new found voice' hilarious.

Well if you directed half the bile you spew on this forum towards him on twitter he has every right to retaliate. I wouldn't put up with some self entitled little upstart thinking the show is all about what they want abusing me over twitter either.

Petershaw1984
13-04-2013, 08:33 PM

ffs its embaressing.

Daniel I agree with you. This would me brilliant and make is so dofferent in a good way from previous series

zakman440
13-04-2013, 10:48 PM

I don't remember Marcus doing any talking in the evictions apart from the highlights on C4? Davina did the pre-titles VT narration if that's what your on about, but I definitely agree that the producers need to tone Marcus down, and stop using him for evictions, apart from the countdown on the door.

anjecucXDO8

DigitalSid
13-04-2013, 11:12 PM
I don't remember Marcus doing any talking in the evictions apart from the highlights on C4? Davina did the pre-titles VT narration if that's what your on about, but I definitely agree that the producers need to tone Marcus down, and stop using him for evictions, apart from the countdown on the door.

anjecucXDO8

He's referring to him narrating the eviction highlights, Davina used to do it.

zakman440
13-04-2013, 11:30 PM
He's referring to him narrating the eviction highlights, Davina used to do it.

Aah, I see.

Headie
14-04-2013, 02:46 PM
Poor Marcus :joker: It's not his fault, don't blame him, blame the producers. It's clear they want to use him as much as they can to keep the link with C4. If you heard his voice you would definitely think of Big Brother, so they are probably just trying to use that to their advantage.

Headie
14-04-2013, 04:38 PM
God I hope the house is as good as it's being made out to be. The last ones have been pretty lackluster.

I mean, even the Dead Set Big Brother House (and the tour done by Charlie Brooker) is better than what we've been getting recently:
http://www.e4.com/video/odZbhWMP80qskWpJIyQIm6/play.e4
http://www.e4.com/video/w9qzv4TTZ9dzo0GSDN3SsR/play.e4

A few years ago I would've thought that the Dead Set house looked awful, now it's an improvement on the C5 houses.