PDA

View Full Version : Do you think they'll bother promoting BB14?

jackc1806
11-04-2013, 08:59 PM
Last year they didn't really do enough promotion for BB13, do you think with a new controller who seems like he knows what he's doing that will change?:conf:

Headie
11-04-2013, 09:02 PM
Probably. The BB13 advertisement was actually quite good during the week before Launch Night tbh and I remember seeing it being constantly advertised on C5 for weeks, but it was CBB11's advertising that really sucked and only appeared like 2 days before Launch Night during an ITV Ad Break.

I'm wondering whether they will directly address the 'Emma replacing Brian' situation on Launch Night, and if so then how?

Gstar
11-04-2013, 09:03 PM
The promo must be better. BB13 hardly had anything.

Jake.
11-04-2013, 09:03 PM
Hopefully a bit more than BB13, they did an alright job with it though. They can only promote so much, we all know how many people will be watching Big Brother come summer.

joe199998293
11-04-2013, 09:04 PM
Probably. The BB13 advertisement was quite good during the week before Launch Night tbh, it was CBB11's advertising that really sucked a only appeared like 2 days before Launch Night during an ITV Ad Break.

I'm wondering whether they will directly address the 'Emma replacing Brian' situation on Launch Night, and if so then how?

I never saw one for CBB11. I saw my first one 2 weeks into the series.

jackc1806
11-04-2013, 09:04 PM
Probably. The BB13 advertisement was quite good during the week before Launch Night tbh, it was CBB11's advertising that really sucked a only appeared like 2 days before Launch Night during an ITV Ad Break.

They really should just splash out on inner city billboards and buses with a more serious and BB5esqe look. The fact Brian isn't on them bright orange in winter gear should help!

Matt
11-04-2013, 09:07 PM
BB13 had hardly anything? It had poster ads, print ads (albeit in the Desmond press only), and they aired the TV advert on other mainstream channels - what more do you want, except possibly billboards?

Overall Channel 5 have put far more effort in to promoting Big Brother than Channel 4 did post-2006 (final series aside)

Sawyer
11-04-2013, 09:16 PM
BB13 had hardly anything? It had poster ads, print ads (albeit in the Desmond press only), and they aired the TV advert on other mainstream channels - what more do you want, except possibly billboards?

Overall Channel 5 have put far more effort in to promoting Big Brother than Channel 4 did post-2006 (final series aside)

This. People seem to have very short memories when it comes to pre-series BB. The criticize the previous year no end, but when it comes to two-three years down the line, they pull out the rose coloured specs and look back on it lovingly.

Pronshi
11-04-2013, 09:21 PM
This. People seem to have very short memories when it comes to pre-series BB. The criticize the previous year no end, but when it comes to two-three years down the line, they pull out the rose coloured specs and look back on it lovingly.

Channel 4 did promote BB at the last year.
BB never had to promote BB due to the ratings being so low. They relied on PR.
But it's different now. Channel 5 have changed the format and Ford said it himself, they are only interested in casual viewers and to get casual viewers they must advertise.

*mazedsalv**
11-04-2013, 09:28 PM
I'm sure they will. The advertising worked well before a couple of CBB series, don't see why they can't do it for a regular series.

zakman440
11-04-2013, 09:34 PM
They did a lot of advertising for BB13 - it was just CBB10 that they didn't bother with that much.

emmetmcl
11-04-2013, 09:39 PM
Hopefully they don't plaster Emma's face everywhere. Make the ads about Big Brother, not the hosts.

Gstar
11-04-2013, 09:48 PM
Well it didn't seem like anything. I remember hardly anyone knowing it was on

Patrick
11-04-2013, 09:56 PM
I'm sure they will. The advertising worked well before a couple of CBB series, don't see why they can't do it for a regular series.

..Because they don't like Big Brother or care about it? They use ti simply as a platform to gain celebrities on CBB.

*mazedsalv**
11-04-2013, 10:26 PM
..Because they don't like Big Brother or care about it? They use ti simply as a platform to gain celebrities on CBB.

They advertised BB13 more than BB12, maybe because BB12 started right after CBB8 so they couldn't really advertise. So as BB14 has nothing to follow, they will hopefully advertise it! I hope they don't concentrate just on CBB.

Samm
14-04-2013, 12:17 AM
Channel 5 need to promote big brother like they do with CBB

newsbb
14-04-2013, 08:19 PM
C5 marketing campaign have been the same for all the series, a few posters, ads and countdowns, so i expect the same.

SSL2012
16-04-2013, 12:15 PM
The biggest problem for bb is that half the press won't report much if any on it, because it's owned by a rival company whom also have exclusive rights to everything regarding the show first hand.

From that sense it hurts the brand, however it does seem to get good coverage online, particularly on the sun and mail online websites at least.As someone else mentioned it does dominate the Desmond press outlets aswell.

Most ppl know bb is on ch 5 by now, I don't think promo will have a massive effect. What will impact ratings will be a sound launch night, and the right in house changes to the format etc.

Bb could still pull overnights of its last ch4 year's if 5 get it right. Launch and finale nights prove there is some casual intrest, even more so in the celeb version admittedly.

Marcus.
16-04-2013, 07:05 PM
lets hope