PDA

View Full Version : New Eviction Format?

Bigest Brother Fan ever
02-05-2013, 03:59 PM
The reason for this thread is because i thought of a hunger games style eviction format, The public vote for which 5 people should be nominated and on friday night the five HM compete in a challenge. The last 1 standing gets to choose which HM out of the 4 gets Evicted.....What you think?

Jack_
02-05-2013, 04:08 PM
Nice idea but it'd be awful if a dullard won and evicted a big character, so I'd rather that not happen. Did like Brekkie's idea the other week though of incorporating the US format somehow but still keeping the public vote:

---------------------

HoH competition, the winner nominates three housemates for eviction
Veto competition, all housemates play...if it's used HoH names a replacement nominee
Public vote to save one of the nominees
The rest of the housemates vote to evict one of the unsaved two

That continues until final four, whoever wins HoH goes straight to final three. The public then save one of the remaining three, and that person chooses who joins the HoH and them in F3.

Then at final three, the public votes for the first housemate in the final 2, and that person decides who to take with them.

Cut the Jury to six members too, and give the public the 7th vote. So that's not giving them complete control, but they'd have a share of the vote too.

---------------------

I think that's a fair compromise between both formats.

Jesus.
02-05-2013, 04:10 PM
I'd prefer a HG fight to the death for nominated hm's.

Sawyer
02-05-2013, 04:23 PM
Misleading title.

Bigest Brother Fan ever
02-05-2013, 04:44 PM
Misleading title.
not really..there was a ? at the end

emmetmcl
02-05-2013, 04:55 PM
Misleading title, and does everything have to be based on Game of Thrones or The Hunger Games?

swinearefine
02-05-2013, 06:04 PM
terrible

Samm
02-05-2013, 07:42 PM
I don't like it that much

SSL2012
02-05-2013, 10:30 PM
Intriguing idea actually, 99% of the time the voters remove the big characters and the show gets dull... So id be up for this tbh.

Petershaw1984
02-05-2013, 10:48 PM
Yeah id go for that

BBDodge
02-05-2013, 11:02 PM
BB would just rig the challenge.

Just let the public have the final say with the vote. It may not be the best result but it will be the fairest.

SSL2012
03-05-2013, 12:20 AM
BB would just rig the challenge.

Just let the public have the final say with the vote. It may not be the best result but it will be the fairest.

While I get what your saying, the format is stale. A few changes are needed to boost casual intrest further.

Imo a format change like this would achieve that. A live task spread out over 30mins would probably hit very good ratings aswell.

sampvt
03-05-2013, 07:55 AM
I don't much care what the format is as long as they start with one format and end with the same format. This chopping and changes panders to the needs and wishes of the producers that manipulate the eviction process to suit their own aims. Personally I think they should offer a min of 3 for eviction every week till the final and let the public choose their evictee. It is after all our money that we spend voting. Also a declaration of how many votes were cast would be good plus non of the HM,s should know who is top or bottom, that changes the dynamics of the show. They should all be in the dark. IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER, should be what they hear. That will stop tactical noms by them.

daniel-lewis-1985
03-05-2013, 11:27 AM
Nah I like watching them bitch in the diary room. Noms are still good but there does need to be atleast 3 up.

I think they should move evictions to Wednesdays aswell. Imo it would get higher ratings as theres less competition and people don't tend to watch BB on the weekend

aj2463
04-05-2013, 10:49 AM
Only thing I'd want to change when it comes to noms/evictions is the noms, having the HM's nominate who they want to save each week rather than put up for eviction. Don't know if this would have a huge effect but I think it would have some sort of effect anyway.