PDA

View Full Version : Tellymix: "No decision made over return of live feed"

Calderyon
09-05-2013, 10:26 AM
Big Brother 2013: 'No decision' made over return of live feed

Big Brother 2013 bosses have yet to decide whether or not the show’s live feed will make a comeback, we can exclusively reveal.

Channel 5 ditched the 24/7 live stream from the house when it look over the show back in 2011, much to the outrage of fans.

The UK series remains the only format not to offer such streams, with producers previously blaming the decision on the cost.

However, with a new team now working on the show, could a change be in store?

Already this year we’ve seen Emma Willis appointed as the new presenter, while the housemates are set to be more ‘normal’ than the usual types we’ve come to expect over the past two years.

A representative for Channel 5 told us that there was yet no official confirmation on how much live feed would feature in the summer series.

They said: “The 2013 series is still in development and no decisions have been made about its final format at the moment.”

Last year saw C5 at least begin to offer some live streaming from the house on digital channel 5*, which had up to a million viewers tuned in.

Big Brother narrator Marcus Bentley previously suggested that there would be more live feed on offer for the fourteenth series, saying: “Last year Channel 5 broadcast streaming after evictions these gained phenomenal viewing figures and I would imagine Channel 5 would like to build on that success.”

Big Brother 2013 will start on Channel 5 in June.

Read more: http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/big-brother/145653-big-brother-2013-no-decision-made-over-return-of-live-feed.html#ixzz2Sn1r3Q4s

JohnnyBB
09-05-2013, 10:58 AM
i smell a u turn from channel 5

Vanessa
09-05-2013, 11:00 AM
They better give us some live feed. :nono:

Black Dagger
09-05-2013, 11:17 AM
Well can they hurry the **** up then plz.

Sawyer
09-05-2013, 11:18 AM
There will be alot more live feed this year, I'm pretty sure of it.

arista
09-05-2013, 11:18 AM
i smell a u turn from channel 5

Only if they make money on it

£20 a week

emmetmcl
09-05-2013, 11:19 AM
Wouldn't take that article too seriously.

There's a typo on the second line
BBUK is not the only series not to offer LF
There isn't a new team working on the show
Also, ALL channels are digital now

NOt very well researched

arista
09-05-2013, 11:20 AM

They are trying to find Internet Live Feed
and not make a loss

Gstar
09-05-2013, 11:46 AM

[2]

JohnnyBB
09-05-2013, 12:28 PM
Only if they make money on it

£20 a week

i wouldint pay more than 10 pounds for a season pass aha

mkbb
09-05-2013, 12:55 PM
They are trying to find Internet Live Feed
and not make a loss

I wonder if they have been talking to the BBCAN producers about how to do this?

oathbreaker
09-05-2013, 02:42 PM
sounds very iffy.
When it came back for BB11 they knew 3 months before the series aired it was coming back.
they needed to setup the payment and online stuff etc.

lets hope there's some discussion about putting a lot of extra feed on 5* something that could be done in a relatively short space of time.God knows they have been given enough information about the pro's of it coming back top of the list being the fan Generated stories were often so good sun/mirror/star reporters would take stories directly off the LUT's.

Fans will Generate more buzz than any employee sat there tweeting or doing a FB update because one even can get loads of angles.

biggest waste of money was the HD cameras when the basic stuff really needed the money.

Josy
09-05-2013, 02:46 PM
Would be the best thing ever to have LF back and if the cost is a problem then just give us the online live feed like C4 done, a lot would pay to watch it imo.

JohnnyBB
09-05-2013, 04:47 PM
how dose BBCAN get a 250 thousand pound prize fund, and live streaming and it only hits like 1.2 million veiwers same as BBUK

Ramsay
09-05-2013, 04:51 PM
Bigger budget

DigitalSid
09-05-2013, 04:56 PM
sounds very iffy.
When it came back for BB11 they knew 3 months before the series aired it was coming back.
they needed to setup the payment and online stuff etc.

lets hope there's some discussion about putting a lot of extra feed on 5* something that could be done in a relatively short space of time.God knows they have been given enough information about the pro's of it coming back top of the list being the fan Generated stories were often so good sun/mirror/star reporters would take stories directly off the LUT's.

Fans will Generate more buzz than any employee sat there tweeting or doing a FB update because one even can get loads of angles.

biggest waste of money was the HD cameras when the basic stuff really needed the money.

Pretty sure the HD upgrade was contractor Roll To Record's decision and cost responsibility rather than Endemol.

Jack_
09-05-2013, 06:29 PM
No live feed for BB14, loads of it for CBB12. Just like last year.

cheeky_monkey
09-05-2013, 07:48 PM
Hope there will be Live Feed! :D But if not 24/7 afew hours in the day and night of Live Feed would be better then nothing!

Ramsay
09-05-2013, 07:51 PM
No live feed for BB14, loads of it for CBB12. Just like last year.

They try so hard to make everyone like CBB
''LOOK! CBB has live feed! LIIKEEE IT!!!!!''

Patrick
09-05-2013, 07:59 PM
If the ******ing arseholes really think cost is a problem - then stop sh*tting out a dozen Celebrity series a year, and play it the way Channel 4 did.

It's a fact - more people would rather have live feed for an entire summer, than 3 weeks of watching Andrew Stone dancing & Natalie Cassidy rubbing beans over her tits.

They infuriate me so much it's unreal. I don't even care - if they go back on this now and decide it's much more beneficial to shove another Celebrity series down our throats, than give us Live Streaming, then they can go ****** themselves. I'll be watching BB USA instead.

Oh and another thing - in terms of cost, do they really think we're thick?

It costs next to nothing to set up a simple feed on their website that can stream from the cameras in the house. The feed is already there. The producers have it in their studio, we see it in the background on BOTS.

All that fat prick Ian from 'The Sweaty Box' needs to do, is flick a wire in the right place - and there we have it.

Absolute morons, they are. I swear.

Patrick
09-05-2013, 08:03 PM
how dose BBCAN get a 250 thousand pound prize fund, and live streaming and it only hits like 1.2 million veiwers same as BBUK

Because Canada cares about it's viewers, wants to make a good show - would like to stay true to the Big Brother name and format like every other country in the world does, apart from the United Kingdom who sadly has had their Big Brother anally raped by Richard Desmond, since 2011.

BB Canada >>

Sawyer
09-05-2013, 09:59 PM
If the ******ing arseholes really think cost is a problem - then stop sh*tting out a dozen Celebrity series a year, and play it the way Channel 4 did.

It's a fact - more people would rather have live feed for an entire summer, than 3 weeks of watching Andrew Stone dancing & Natalie Cassidy rubbing beans over her tits.

They infuriate me so much it's unreal. I don't even care - if they go back on this now and decide it's much more beneficial to shove another Celebrity series down our throats, than give us Live Streaming, then they can go ****** themselves. I'll be watching BB USA instead.

It costs next to nothing to set up a simple feed on their website that can stream from the cameras in the house. The feed is already there. The producers have it in their studio, we see it in the background on BOTS.

All that fat prick Ian from 'The Sweaty Box' needs to do, is flick a wire in the right place - and there we have it.

Go back on what? Any live feed news has been pure speculation. Channel 5/Endemol have not given us anything to 'go back on'..

Patrick
09-05-2013, 10:00 PM
The new producer's comments.

Marcus.
09-05-2013, 10:07 PM
i just hope we get some
if any

Josy
09-05-2013, 10:34 PM

I would think the cost would be more to do with having to hire a load of workers to constantly sit and monitor the feed 24hrs per day then dub out anything they don't want broadcast within the 15 minute delay.

Matt
09-05-2013, 10:44 PM

I'm staunchly for the return of the live feed, but this statement is ridiculous given that the Celebrity series get at least 500,000 more viewers than the normal ones.

emmetmcl
09-05-2013, 11:25 PM
I'm staunchly for the return of the live feed, but this statement is ridiculous given that the Celebrity series get at least 500,000 more viewers than the normal ones.

I would LOVE live feed, but I'd prefer an extra 3 weeks of Big Brother, as would most people I think. All you have to do is look at the ratings to see that.

Patrick
11-05-2013, 02:49 PM

Because Channel 5 promote it more than the regular series and flaunt it about like a prize possession?

Matt
11-05-2013, 04:24 PM
Because Channel 5 promote it more than the regular series and flaunt it about like a prize possession?

...it is their prize posession? None of their other shows get such consistently high ratings or as much press coverage.

They don't necessarily promote CBB more than the regular series. There was blanket advertising for the last normal BB - but January's CBB only had one TV advert and it still got far higher ratings than any normal series from the last four years.

I know it's annoying for us Big Brother purists, but it's the fact is that there's now far more public interest in the Celebrity series than the normal series, so if the choice for Channel 5 is to invest money in either the Celebrity series or live feed for the normal series, it's a no-brainer that they'll go with CBB.

The issue is that they've openly admitted in the past that they can do both if they want to - they've just never given live feed a chance.