PDA

View Full Version : should there be a new winners prize?

Petershaw1984
09-05-2013, 04:18 PM
the usual 100k is getting a tad boring now so what do you suggest to make it more appealing?

100k isnt "that" much nowadays and housemates dont even make that much money from the after show now either, the photo shoots for the magazines etc dont even bring them that much money in as they tend to be for richmonds magazine so they are all part of the contracts.

so i suggest maybe the winner could get
A car [paid for by the sponsers]
£100,000 CASH
a years rent free apartment [ paid for by sponsers ]
1 years free shopping at morrisons

and maybe even a guest slot on next years show, either a weeks guesting in the house or as a fully fledge housemate in a kind of winner stays on type prize.

runner up and third place could get the following
2nd place £20,000 and free shopping for a year
3rd place £5,000 and free shopping for a year.

this could be decided by a final week competion between the final few housemates with the performances deciding the prizes.
what do you think? i reckon this could spice up the final week as too many times housemates just think " it will be over soon so il just wait these two weeks out" it could add a more game aspect to the final few weeks

because i felt a tad geeky ive also emailed channel five with this idea:hugesmile:

Jarrod
09-05-2013, 04:21 PM
Basically you want a Big Brother Canada prize fund.

You won't get any of this. The Sponsors wouldn't pay for anything. If anything they should raise the prize fund to £250,000 or something and stop splitting it.

daniel-lewis-1985
09-05-2013, 04:21 PM
The prize should be £250,000

And BB shouldn't ****ing split it like they have done every series on Channel 5.

Anyone who doesn't win should receive nothing.

Niamh.
09-05-2013, 04:25 PM

And BB shouldn't ****ing split it like they have done every series on Channel 5.

This ^

Ramsay
09-05-2013, 04:26 PM

truth!
the splitting up the money ''twist'' that they have been doing every year is just stupid

Petershaw1984
09-05-2013, 04:26 PM
Basically you want a Big Brother Canada prize fund.

You won't get any of this. The Sponsors wouldn't pay for anything. If anything they should raise the prize fund to £250,000 or something and stop splitting it.

And BB shouldn't ****ing split it like they have done every series.

your right jarrod, a similar prize fund to bb canada , maybe not as i described but it does need changing.

daniel your right they should never ever bugger around with this splitting **** they do, its not fair and has been done to the death. the £250,000 you mention is a great idea, it could even drop depending on the passing of weekly shopping tasks by say £10 grand if they fail that way the prize fund would be a guarenteed £120,000 +

lostalex
09-05-2013, 04:50 PM
In Australia they used to give everyone a car, not just the winner.

Josy
09-05-2013, 04:58 PM
I think the 100k is plenty for the winner, anyone that wins with half a brain can use that money to make plenty more plus they get extra for interviews, magazine deals, shoots, appearances etc..

Loukas
09-05-2013, 05:07 PM

I also agree with this. I hated the fact that Conor got half the prize fund 10 days before the final, s*** like that shouldn't happen.

Petershaw1984
09-05-2013, 05:11 PM
I think the 100k is plenty for the winner, anyone that wins with half a brain can use that money to make plenty more plus they get extra for interviews, magazine deals, shoots, appearances etc..

As far as im aware the pics and interviews in any of desmonds magazines they only get travel expenses. Maybe different for the winner but ii doubt it

Jack_
09-05-2013, 06:16 PM
It should be £250k and it should become more of a game.

A million would be amazing though but it'd never happen.

Matt
09-05-2013, 06:23 PM
Agree the prize fund should be £250k. There hasn't been an increase in nine years so it's about time for a change - even £150k would be a welcome boost.

Though at the moment I'd be happy if they just stopped the stupid, annoying, pointless prize twists.

lostalex
09-05-2013, 06:26 PM
I do agree that they need to stop giving away part of the prize. That does annoy me when the winner doesn't get the full prize. Nadia, Anthony, and Aaron all got screwed out of a lot of money. The final prize should be the final prize period. It's not fair to change the prize in the middle of the game.

rachelricci
09-05-2013, 07:34 PM
Yes 250k sounds about right now days, IF there has to be a "prize twist" use a car, or some other sponsored item like in big brother AUS last year, I also like the winner stays on idea

Samm
09-05-2013, 07:59 PM
250K.

Jack_
09-05-2013, 08:45 PM
Actually winner stays on would be a great idea, an invite back to the next series to compete for another £250k.

Ramsay
09-05-2013, 08:49 PM
Would be a bit unfair, seeing as everyone would already have a starting impression on the winner

Pronshi
09-05-2013, 08:50 PM
I think the winner should get £250,000
The runner up should get £20,000
The 3rd places should get £10,000

I think that's fair to be honest.

Patrick
09-05-2013, 09:53 PM
the 2013 chevrolet trax xxxxxxx

Patrick
09-05-2013, 09:54 PM
I think the winner should get £250,000
The runner up should get £20,000
The 3rd places should get £10,000

I think that's fair to be honest.

This isn't some CITV show, the winner should be the only one who walks away with anything.

No room for runners up and third placers - it's a game. They should be clawing to win the grand prize.

swinearefine
09-05-2013, 11:07 PM
The prize should be the satisfaction of a job well done. Or the satisfaction of being a boring ****, as is much more likely for a BB winner. I want it to be a social experiment with the housemates wanting to be there for the experience, rather than a gameshow where they're just focused on walking away with a load of money.

Pronshi
10-05-2013, 12:10 PM
This isn't some CITV show, the winner should be the only one who walks away with anything.

No room for runners up and third placers - it's a game. They should be clawing to win the grand prize.

Yes. But I usually love the top 3 people anyway.
Example if someone like Spedi got in the final.
We have to reward them for being brilliant.

Josy
10-05-2013, 02:46 PM
The prize should be the satisfaction of a job well done. Or the satisfaction of being a boring ****, as is much more likely for a BB winner. I want it to be a social experiment with the housemates wanting to be there for the experience, rather than a gameshow where they're just focused on walking away with a load of money.

I agree with this..thats why I think the prize fund should be left as it is.

daniel-lewis-1985
10-05-2013, 03:01 PM

Noone has made any real money from photo shoots magazine deals or tv appearences since Josie.

Name me one person from BB12 or BB13 who did.

The prize money is more important than ever now seeing as housemates are forgotten as soon as they leave.

With only 1.8 million people watching and no press interest in the civilian BB theres no other way of making money when you leave except going back to a normal job.

Lets face it these housemates are all looking for fame so I think a good prize would be to become a contestant in CBB and become a full fledged Zeleb.

Josy
10-05-2013, 03:06 PM
Noone has made any real many from photo shoots magazine deals or tv appearences since Josie.

Name me one person from BB12 or BB13 who did.

The prize money is more important than ever now seeing as housemates are forgotten as soon as they leave.

With only 1.8 million people watching and no press interest in the civilian BB there's no other way of making money when you leave except going back to a normal job.

How on earth would I know that? I don't stalk the housemates once they leave the house Daniel..in fact once they are no longer hms I don't really have much interest in them at all.

100K is still plenty for a prize fund, also the females obviously get paid a decent amount for doing thier nuts shoots or they wouldnt be doing them and magazines do pay for interviews, I'm not saying they make a fortune doing them but they still get paid something.

daniel-lewis-1985
10-05-2013, 03:08 PM
How on earth would I know that? I don't stalk the housemates once they leave the house Daniel..in fact once they are no longer hms I don't really have much interest in them at all.

100K is still plenty for a prize fund, also the females obviously get paid a decent amount for doing thier nuts shoots or they wouldnt be doing them and magazines do pay for interviews, I'm not saying they make a fortune doing them but they still get paid something.

What im pointing out is that the Channel 5 ex housemates have had no press interest hence no money to be made when they leave.

God what a childish response.

Btw the girls would do nuts for free, its attention at the end of the day and that's what they crave.

Josy
10-05-2013, 03:11 PM
What im pointing out is that the Channel 5 ex housemates have had no press interest hence no money to be made when they leave.

God what a childish response.

Btw the girls would do nuts for free, its attention at the end of the day and that's what they crave.

There was nothing childish about my response Daniel..

And I very much doubt the majority of females would do nuts for free just for attention tbh.

daniel-lewis-1985
10-05-2013, 03:17 PM
There was nothing childish about my response Daniel..

And I very much doubt the majority of females would do nuts for free just for attention tbh.

I found it childish, just my opinion.

That's a very naïve response in regards to the girls not doing nuts without pay.

They do BB for free so why not get your bangers out for more attention and the chance to stay in the public eye?

Josy
10-05-2013, 03:20 PM
I found it childish, just my opinion.

That's a very naïve response in regards to the girls not doing nuts without pay.

They do BB for free so why not get your bangers out for more attention and the chance to stay in the public eye?

And if you pay attention you will notice that the majority don't get them out during BB anymore because they realise how much money they can make from magazines like Nuts if they havent already been splattered all over TV.

daniel-lewis-1985
10-05-2013, 03:36 PM
And if you pay attention you will notice that the majority don't get them out during BB anymore because they realise how much money they can make from magazines like Nuts if they havent already been splattered all over TV.

No sorry I don't look out for the housemates boobs.

Anyway you obviously still think theres a lot of money to be made simply by being a BB housemate, I on the other hand think theres very little to be made.

Josy
10-05-2013, 03:45 PM
No sorry I don't look out for the housemates boobs.

Anyway you obviously still think theres a lot of money to be made simply by being a BB housemate, I on the other hand think theres very little to be made.

I never posted anything like that at all...