PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Should the winner get to enter CBB and become a zeleb?

daniel-lewis-1985
10-05-2013, 03:14 PM
Lets be honest all of the housemates want celeb status and I think the chance for them to be in celeb BB after the civilian one has ended would make them more comptetitive than ever.

I hate the fact the winner is just forgotten about 2 days after seeing as CBB steals their thunder.

I personally would like it.

Niamh.
10-05-2013, 03:14 PM
That's not a bad idea actually Daniel

Josy
10-05-2013, 03:16 PM
Winning BB doesnt make someone a celebrity imo so no.

And HM's that just want to be famous are exactly what the producers are supposedly trying to avoid this year.

Pronshi
10-05-2013, 03:20 PM
Well as much as I hate fail wannabe Celebrities in this horrible z list culture.
I guess they deserve to be put in there.
Plus I agree with them being forgotten about. A bit annoying actually.

Ramsay
10-05-2013, 03:21 PM
Like i said in the other thread, that would mean the winner would have an unfair advantage

daniel-lewis-1985
10-05-2013, 03:22 PM
Winning BB doesnt make someone a celebrity imo so no.

And HM's that just want to be famous are exactly what the producers are supposedly trying to avoid this year.

Hence them being rewarded with a chance to become a celebrity.

Producers will never find a housemate who doesn't want some sort of fame its been 13 years now.

I loved the glory days when we as viewers had the power to make these normal people into celebrities and if im paying for someone to win only for them to be forgotten about a few days after due to CBB stealing their thunder then I want to see more of them.

Shaun
10-05-2013, 03:23 PM
why...just why... **** 'celebrity' status, it means nothing

Josy
Like i said in the other thread, that would mean the winner would have an unfair advantage

Thats a good point actually Karl.

Pronshi

Producers will never find a housemate who doesn't want some sort of fame its been 13 years now.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2vmiyqs.jpg

Remember him? The fact he showed up for the final is beyond me.

daniel-lewis-1985
10-05-2013, 03:24 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/2vmiyqs.jpg

Remember him? The fact he showed up for the final is beyond me.

He admitted he wanted fame and to be noticed when he walked into a room but then said he got scared and backed out by leaving.

Headie
10-05-2013, 03:28 PM
I think it would definitely make people more aware of the civillian series, but it would be a bit of a struggle for them to go into the Summer Celeb version like 2 days after they just won their civillian one. Maybe they could go in the winter one, where it would boost up promotion for the upcoming civillian series?

daniel-lewis-1985
10-05-2013, 03:32 PM
I just think it would create more interest and defo give summer bb a boost in ratings if somehow it was attached to CBB

joeysteele
10-05-2013, 03:41 PM
I am not against it but would prefer it not to happen.

Winning BB is fine but to then have them thrust on you again for a further 3 weeks or so is a little too much,in my view anyway.
I know there were special issues,(as in the case of John James with her), it was though a mistake I would say to put Josie in with the celebrities of ultimate BB when her series ended.
She was way out of her depth even without the John James factor.

So overall,I'd prefer it doesn't come about really.

Gstar
10-05-2013, 03:51 PM
^ I agree

Josie going into UBB kinda flopped.

HD
10-05-2013, 04:00 PM
No cos we'd prob end up with a ****** like Josie winning then walking.

Jordan.
10-05-2013, 04:06 PM
No bad idea. They'd likely always win since they've had months to build a fanbase and they'd been seen as the underdog in a house full of celebs. If Josie hadn't walked in UBB I have no doubt she'd have been in the final 2.

BBUKAUSFAN
11-05-2013, 01:28 AM
i don't think any housemates will want to stay in with celebs, especially if u think back to the last 2 winners they would never in a million years go back into the house.

SharkAttack
11-05-2013, 06:16 AM
Changed my mind due to a lot of folks here changing it for me. lol. I too think it would be an unfair advantage and could take away from that "special" ambiance that half-baked celebs bring in their wake. The winner of BB would be like the serpent in the garden of Eden. Probably best to leave it alone.

BBDodge
11-05-2013, 09:13 AM
No, a fresh set of housemates each series.

Withano
11-05-2013, 11:28 AM
I'd like it until that time when they end up winning CBB too and that would kill the show for me a little bit

aj2463
11-05-2013, 11:39 AM
Kinda like a Josie deal? Could be good, I'd let the winner wait a few days before entering CBB to let the zelebs settle in. Or maybe it doesn't have to be the winner that enters, because lets face it, the best housemates never win, they should work something for a couple interesting housemates to win a place in CBB

Patrick
11-05-2013, 12:01 PM
Like in UBB? I don't know. In UBB it ruined the whole thing and Josie stole the All Stars limelight because she was 'new.' and people spent the whole Summer watching that trollop, where as people like Nikki and Nadia weren't as fresh in the mind.

However, I'd love it now maybe. As I'm a far more 'Pro BB' than I am a 'Pro CBB' person - so this would be funny.

Patrick
11-05-2013, 12:02 PM
Kinda like a Josie deal? Could be good, I'd let the winner wait a few days before entering CBB to let the zelebs settle in. Or maybe it doesn't have to be the winner that enters, because lets face it, the best housemates never win, they should work something for a couple interesting housemates to win a place in CBB

Pointless and Stupid.

I'm sorry but if CBB is dull, then it's dull - and it usually is. If they need to rely on putting BB14 Housemates in to 'spice it up' then that says it all doesn't it? They should of done what Channel 4 did and not shoved another Celebrity series down our throat at the end of Summer, in the first place.
I don't want Big Brother as a show to become ALL ABOUT trying to compete for a chance to be in the exact same house, with a bunch of morons who think they're celebrities - just because Channel 5 have an obsession with CBB.

Patrick
11-05-2013, 12:08 PM

I loved the glory days when we as viewers had the power to make these normal people into celebrities and if im paying for someone to win only for them to be forgotten about a few days after due to CBB stealing their thunder then I want to see more of them.

Well those days are never coming back though? Most people don't even watch CBB.

It's only viewed as a massive show because Channel 5 do everything in their power to ensure the Summer series barely pulls in 1 Million viewers.

Celebrity Big Brother is hardly a platform of AUTOMATICALLY completely launching you into stardom. Far from it. Like I said, most people don't even watch it - unless there's one person on it that may attract publicity, and even then the viewership isn't big enough to make a new Chantelle Houghton.

Either way though, I strongly believe Celebrity Big Brother is one of the main things holding the original series back from excelling. If Channel 5 had of scrapped it, and not launched with CBB8 - and just put all the budget into the original show, then maybe - just maybe, we'd not be having this conversation.

Jarrod
11-05-2013, 12:10 PM
No, Sorry. Big Brother and Celebrity Big Brother shouldn't mix. They shouldn't need to put in Housemates from BB14 to make their Zelebrity Big Brother interesting.

Patrick
11-05-2013, 12:12 PM
No, Sorry. Big Brother and Celebrity Big Brother shouldn't mix. They shouldn't need to put in Housemates from BB14 to make their Zelebrity Big Brother interesting.

Exactly.

And let's admit, CBB10 would of been ten times better if there had of been BB13 housemates still there - which brings us back to, there shouldn't even be a Summer CBB.

The original housemates are fine, BB13 was amazing - why the ****** they axed the last three weeks, to cater for Martin Kemp and co. is unbelievable, if you ask me.

Jack_
11-05-2013, 12:13 PM
C5's obsession with CBB is really starting to grate. The thought of another good main series being cut back by 3 weeks to accommodate the twelfth run (and fifth on C5...FIFTH FFS) this summer really pisses me off. Why can't we just have CBB in the winter only? I really can't be bothered to watch another bunch of z-listers largely bore us to tears and not earn their fees properly and so as a result waste the budget. It's just overkill.

Jords
nah

reece(:
Celebs are largely boring... I hate that the public generally prefers these douchebags.

Samm
11-05-2013, 12:19 PM
Cut the CBB in the summer and make teen big brother in the summer

Pronshi
11-05-2013, 12:55 PM
Cut the CBB in the summer and make teen big brother in the summer

NOOO!
Just extend BB14.

Samm
11-05-2013, 01:08 PM
NOOO!
Just extend BB14.

Ok but if they can't to that they could at least try and reboot teen bb after normal bb

billy123
11-05-2013, 01:12 PM
No terrible idea.

InOne
11-05-2013, 02:28 PM
Well, it's mostly the **** HM's who win BB so it would be boring to watch. So I wouldn't be for it at all. I only could bear it when Josie went in UBB because there was LF.

Patrick
11-05-2013, 02:43 PM
C5's obsession with CBB is really starting to grate. The thought of another good main series being cut back by 3 weeks to accommodate the twelfth run (and fifth on C5...FIFTH FFS) this summer really pisses me off. Why can't we just have CBB in the winter only? I really can't be bothered to watch another bunch of z-listers largely bore us to tears and not earn their fees properly and so as a result waste the budget. It's just overkill.

It's only starting to? :shocked:

Patrick
11-05-2013, 02:45 PM
Ok but if they can't to that they could at least try and reboot teen bb after normal bb

Would be all for this tbh.

Teen Big Brother for 2 Weeks would go down unbelievably these days - It flopped in '03, but ten years on then they really should give it a second series. I don't care what anyone says I'm telling you now, it would be a ratings winner if it was promoted well enough.

Marcus.
11-05-2013, 02:47 PM
no they should not

daniel-lewis-1985
11-05-2013, 05:35 PM
Well those days are never coming back though? Most people don't even watch CBB.

It's only viewed as a massive show because Channel 5 do everything in their power to ensure the Summer series barely pulls in 1 Million viewers.

Celebrity Big Brother is hardly a platform of AUTOMATICALLY completely launching you into stardom. Far from it. Like I said, most people don't even watch it - unless there's one person on it that may attract publicity, and even then the viewership isn't big enough to make a new Chantelle Houghton.

Either way though, I strongly believe Celebrity Big Brother is one of the main things holding the original series back from excelling. If Channel 5 had of scrapped it, and not launched with CBB8 - and just put all the budget into the original show, then maybe - just maybe, we'd not be having this conversation.

CBB does get good ratings though.

3.7 million watch the last final.

aj2463
12-05-2013, 03:19 PM
Pointless and Stupid.

I'm sorry but if CBB is dull, then it's dull - and it usually is. If they need to rely on putting BB14 Housemates in to 'spice it up' then that says it all doesn't it? They should of done what Channel 4 did and not shoved another Celebrity series down our throat at the end of Summer, in the first place.
I don't want Big Brother as a show to become ALL ABOUT trying to compete for a chance to be in the exact same house, with a bunch of morons who think they're celebrities - just because Channel 5 have an obsession with CBB.

I didn't say to 'spice it up' because I know it probably wouldn't. I just meant that if it HAD to happen, that would be a better way than putting the winner in, I reckon

and what CBB has been dull? :conf:

lostalex
12-05-2013, 09:40 PM
No. Not the Winner, because often the winner is not the best character from the series. I wouldn't mind them putting some great characters into the CBB house though. Like with Jade, she wasn't the winner from her series, but she was the most controversial. And when they put her into the CBB house it was amazing. Probably the best series of CBB because of her.

Luka A was boring as ****, he would have been pathetic in the CBB house.

I think a better idea would be to put the winner of the celebrity Big Brother into the normal summer house. that would be more interesting.

aj2463
12-05-2013, 09:56 PM
No. Not the Winner, because often the winner is not the best character from the series. I wouldn't mind them putting some great characters into the CBB house though. Like with Jade, she wasn't the winner from her series, but she was the most controversial. And when they put her into the CBB house it was amazing. Probably the best series of CBB because of her.

Luka A was boring as ****, he would have been pathetic in the CBB house.

I think a better idea would be to put the winner of the celebrity Big Brother into the normal summer house. that would be more interesting.

This. And that would be a good idea if CBB was before BB like in 2011