PDA

View Full Version : Seeing as all the controvercial/entertaining housemates go 1st

daniel-lewis-1985
10-05-2013, 03:59 PM
Why haven't Channel 5 brought back big characters that were evicted to early to spice thing up?

Imagine Jamine strutting back through the door or Lydia or Rebeckah the 2 biggest bitches on Channel 5.

Seeing as its a vote to save the public cant really complain and I think they have missed a major opportunity here.

Shaun
10-05-2013, 04:03 PM
don't really want ex-HMs brought back, would just rather have the evictions start after at least 2 weeks so we get the chance to see them in full.

Pronshi
10-05-2013, 04:05 PM
Yes. But in case of offcom they wouldn't be able to win the show.
That's what happened with Nikki.

daniel-lewis-1985
10-05-2013, 04:14 PM
Yes. But in case of offcom they wouldn't be able to win the show.
That's what happened with Nikki.

Not true.

There was uproar with Nikki because it was a vote to evict but seeing as now its a vote to save Ofcom can do nothing.

I think it would even be good for a twist for us viewers to get the chance to bring them back.

It gives us more control over the show.

Ramsay
10-05-2013, 04:18 PM
I suppose it could work, but i could never see C5 doing this..they will just stick to the ''family gets to nominate'' type 'twists'

daniel-lewis-1985
10-05-2013, 04:23 PM
Really cant believe that BB fans cant see the point.

Every year we complain about the wrong housemates being evicted and now are against housemates being brought back?

Oh well lets just carry on the trend of the outrageous, loud housemates leaving early and settle for the usual fence sitters being in the final.

Shame on you.

Brother Leon
10-05-2013, 04:35 PM
1 week of Jasmine was enough. Thanks.

swinearefine
10-05-2013, 04:40 PM
No, BBUS and Survivor have put me off of mixing returnees in with newbies. As ****ty as BB has been since it moved to C5 at least they've given us a new cast every series. The only way I'd ever want to see an ex-HM is if they did a proper All Stars.

Ramsay
10-05-2013, 04:43 PM
No, BBUS and Survivor have put me off of mixing returnees in with newbies. As ****ty as BB has been since it moved to C5 at least they've given us a new cast every series. The only way I'd ever want to see an ex-HM is if they did a proper All Stars.

Think he meant bringing HMs back in their own series

Josy
10-05-2013, 04:44 PM
I dont think any evicted hms should ever return.

don't really want ex-HMs brought back, would just rather have the evictions start after at least 2 weeks so we get the chance to see them in full.

I think something like this would be a great idea though.

Jords
10-05-2013, 04:47 PM
I like the idea of one evicted HM returning mid-series no later, but the public need to be informed of this twist from the first eviction.

Dash Darington
10-05-2013, 04:49 PM
I wouldn't want a parade of rejects going back in, but having a contest for ONE of them to be voted back in would be alright. It would be an interesting opportunity for redemption if the public were the ones to give someone a second shot.

swinearefine
10-05-2013, 04:51 PM
Think he meant bringing HMs back in their own series

Ah, would hate that too. As inept as the voters are, they spent money on their votes, and regardless of whether it's vote to save or evict I don't think its fair to override them. BBUS does this twist every few years and I'm sick to death of it.

Drew.
10-05-2013, 04:52 PM
its annoying when housemates with a lot of potential go early but i wouldn't want to see them come back for another series. Id rather have the possibility of now finding a brand new controvercial/entertaining housemate this series and its more exciting waiting to see what housemates we'll have.

Shaun
10-05-2013, 05:17 PM
but the public need to be informed of this twist from the first eviction.

lol, the sense of entitlement

there's no sense of wrongdoing or screwing over the voters if it's a vote to save. Nobody's paying to get rid of someone.

Jack_
10-05-2013, 05:23 PM
Yeah I'd be up for this, the public make awfully laughable decisions anyway and haven't got a clue so I'd rather the relatively more competent producers (they tried their best to save Speidi in January so that's positive) bring the biggest characters back. The public can't complain either because it's a vote to save.

daniel-lewis-1985
10-05-2013, 05:53 PM
its annoying when housemates with a lot of potential go early but i wouldn't want to see them come back for another series. Id rather have the possibility of now finding a brand new controvercial/entertaining housemate this series and its more exciting waiting to see what housemates we'll have.

Why can no one understand that im talking about them coming back in the same series they were in?

BBUKAUSFAN
11-05-2013, 01:24 AM
great idea, i hate when we get to the end of the series and its boring, simply because all the big characters get evicted in the first 4 weeks....

MTVN
11-05-2013, 01:31 AM
Well in Jasmine's case she went in a head to head eviction, as do a lot of these so called 'big characters', in which case vote to save is essentially the same as a vote to evict so it is still a bit of a con to send them back in, and in any case it would completely undermine the whole eviction process and make it a farce

Drew.
11-05-2013, 02:03 AM
Why can no one understand that im talking about them coming back in the same series they were in?

well if thats the case then i think most people would be up for this

BBDodge
11-05-2013, 09:17 AM
Putting an genuine evictee back is a sign of failure in the nomination and voting procedure. They need to have 3 or more up to avoid block voting (e.g. Lauren vs Luke A. last year) and then they should leave it to the voters (and their cash) to decide who stays and who goes.

AnnieK
11-05-2013, 09:20 AM
Putting an genuine evictee back is a sign of failure in the nomination and voting procedure. They need to have 3 or more up to avoid block voting (e.g. Lauren vs Luke A. last year) and then they should leave it to the voters (and their cash) to decide who stays and who goes.

Agree...although it bugs me when big characters go, if they're out they're out IMO. I think there should be a minimum of 3 up each week in order to try and change the way it's gone... Plus a minimum time before the start if evictions to let characters settle in.

aj2463
11-05-2013, 11:46 AM
Of course this would be a good idea, especially in the last couple of weeks when people tend to zone out :sleep: especially with housemates like Lydia and Jasmine, the final what, 6? housemates always think the last couple weeks are an easy ride to the final but throwing someone like them back in, well.... :devil:

Mystic Mock
11-05-2013, 08:18 PM
No I don't agree with it because they will not play up to what was so controversial about them to people anyway, instead I think you would get a very boring BB as they all play nice with each other.

BBDodge
11-05-2013, 08:27 PM
It's a game. They got knocked out. You should no more have losers put back into BB than have had Man United put into the FA Cup final.

Patrick
11-05-2013, 09:08 PM
*flash backs to the 2010 'GET SHABBY BACK' campaign.*

:lovedup:

rk3388
11-05-2013, 10:05 PM

x2 , i think they should have at least 3 in every eviction too!

Withano
11-05-2013, 10:07 PM
Controversial doesn't mean good. Sometimes they're just twats who want airtime and know how to get it. Jazmin was a loser who took focus away from anything else and it destroyed the show. She isn't the only example.

aj2463
12-05-2013, 03:11 PM
Controversial doesn't mean good. Sometimes they're just twats who want airtime and know how to get it. Jazmin was a loser who took focus away from anything else and it destroyed the show. She isn't the only example.

Destroyed? what was there apart from Jasmine and maybe Julie to keep the show going? :conf: