PDA

View Full Version : launch date 6th June According to elstree Studios

JohnnyBB
10-05-2013, 07:12 PM
its still to be confirmed next week thought but according to elsteee studios big brother starts 6th June.

Marcus.
10-05-2013, 07:15 PM
are they reliable

Sawyer
10-05-2013, 07:18 PM
This comes from a tweet from some user claiming they rang elstree. Unless you rig for yourself, I wouldn't trust it.

arista
10-05-2013, 07:40 PM
Correct it is June

michael21
10-05-2013, 07:54 PM
Correct it is June

:nono: no it may 10/5/13 your a month ahead clocks need changing :o

BigBrotherfan4ever
10-05-2013, 08:04 PM
I don't believe that personally cause BGT won't have finished by then.

Samm
10-05-2013, 08:15 PM
I don't think this is true ????

Brekkie
11-05-2013, 06:10 PM
I suspect it's little more than an educated guess - based on recent series it is the date it's most likely to start, so easy for someone to post it as fact then claim they were right all along when it's announced.

Videostar
13-05-2013, 01:03 AM
I don't believe that personally cause BGT won't have finished by then.

So what if BGT is still going then?

BB13 went up against the Olympics last year, and I assure you the Olympics were a bigger deal than BGT.

Why would CH5 worry about being up against BGT in the ratings?

I dont see why we have to wait till BGT is finished to get BB started. :nono:

Matt
13-05-2013, 11:19 AM

BB13 went up against the Olympics last year, and I assure you the Olympics were a bigger deal than BGT.

If they were going to air in the normal summer period last year then they had no choice but to go up against the Olympics.

This year they do have a choice - schedule the launch against BGT and get slaughtered, or wait just one more week to give it a better chance at higher ratings and more significant press coverage. It's a no-brainer.

BBDodge
13-05-2013, 11:43 AM

Since the tabloids (other than the Star) avoid giving BB coverage these days it shouldn't matter. The days of the Sun giving BB a couple of pages a day are long gone.

Videostar
13-05-2013, 11:54 AM
If they were going to air in the normal summer period last year then they had no choice but to go up against the Olympics.

This year they do have a choice - schedule the launch against BGT and get slaughtered, or wait just one more week to give it a better chance at higher ratings and more significant press coverage. It's a no-brainer.

Last year they could have started BB13 in early may and finish by the end of July and before the Olympics started...theres always a way around these things if ratings are the issue.

Videostar
13-05-2013, 11:55 AM
Since the tabloids (other than the Star) avoid giving BB coverage these days it shouldn't matter. The days of the Sun giving BB a couple of pages a day are long gone.

BB wont get any coverage in the papers anyway, regardless of when they start, BB fans (no matter what the show is up against) will always keep faith with bigbrother.

Bigest Brother Fan ever
13-05-2013, 12:02 PM
I dont care how sh*t channel 5 make it, I could live with bad editing, Marcus Screaming down the mic and that awful but quite sexy eye stage, As long as I get big brother. I appreciate it more since it was brought back. Plus Emma is host :D

Samm
13-05-2013, 04:26 PM

they have to wait face it BB can not compare to BGT ratings if they start it after BGT BB could get some good ratings

arista
13-05-2013, 04:34 PM

But if there is a Lesbo Snog, for example
The Sun,
Mirror and Guardian will Jump at it.

Note: There is nothing wrong with being a Lesbo

JohnnyBB
13-05-2013, 04:44 PM
I Just Dont Get it when everyones says its launching for best possible raitings the show cant get over 1.2million veiwers and thats the hardcore fans who will watch it when its on.

Videostar
13-05-2013, 06:49 PM
they have to wait face it BB can not compare to BGT ratings if they start it after BGT BB could get some good ratings

BB fans will always stay loyal to BB no matter whatelse is on at the same time, those who would prefer to watch BGT over BB probably wouldn't be BB fans anyway.

emmetmcl
13-05-2013, 09:38 PM
BB fans will always stay loyal to BB no matter whatelse is on at the same time, those who would prefer to watch BGT over BB probably wouldn't be BB fans anyway.

Thats not the point. Channel 5 want to get the most viewers possible. If the get 2million viewers they dont care whether thats 2million people watching Big Brother for the first time or people who've watched it for 10 years.

Putting it up against BGT would be stupid.

Look at it this way, if you were selling coffee and you could sell it on June 1st and go up against a Starbuck's next door, or start on June 7th when that Starbuck's was meant to close. You'd do it on June 7th, when you would have the most people available

daniel-lewis-1985
13-05-2013, 10:44 PM
Interested to see what this launch will get.

With Emma presenting she will get the daytime viewers from "This Morning/Loose Women" plus she is a pretty in demand presenter.

The last 2 got 2.7 million but Im hoping 3 million this year.

Would be sex if people actually tuned in in their droves and bumped it up to 4 million.

Lets just wait for the campaign.