14-05-2013, 01:54 PM
Jeff made eviction nights :love:

His innuendo jokes to the evictee <3

BigBrotherfan4ever
14-05-2013, 02:01 PM
Thank god, he was so annoying.

Jords
14-05-2013, 02:01 PM
He'll appear as a guest at some point no doubt.

Saph
14-05-2013, 02:07 PM
Jeff (and Carole) were the highlights at the end of a bleak and dreary week ..oh well.

Jordan.
14-05-2013, 02:57 PM
May aswell just axe the whole series now, this is a disaster :bored:

Cherie
14-05-2013, 02:59 PM
I can't say I will miss Jeff.

Jack_
14-05-2013, 03:00 PM
omg we need a Jeff's best bits video <33

Headie
14-05-2013, 03:05 PM
Yay! Some more good news! Now people might start taking BB more seriously and not think of it as a camp-fest.

emmetmcl
14-05-2013, 03:12 PM
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

I don't like him.

Smithy
14-05-2013, 03:21 PM
Good, annoying try-hard.

says the rylan fan http://i.imgur.com/Lk6yWD2.gif

BigBrotherfan4ever
14-05-2013, 03:23 PM
Yay! Some more good news! Now people might start taking BB more seriously and not think of it as a camp-fest.

Exactly:xyxwave:

Black Dagger
14-05-2013, 03:25 PM
says the rylan fan http://i.imgur.com/Lk6yWD2.gif

Rylan doesn't try to hard, he is naturally flawless. idc

Tregard
14-05-2013, 03:59 PM
He wore a bit thin, and it makes sense if they are trying to make it a bit more upmarket. I wish him well though.

Marcus.
14-05-2013, 04:04 PM
oh like him

zakman440
14-05-2013, 04:43 PM
I don't like him.
We would never been able to tell.

pcro
14-05-2013, 05:08 PM

I think it was time for a reformatting as BOTS as it was getting a little stale and predictable, and the Jeff thing had runs its course. But I hope BOTS never, ever takes itself or Big Brother too seriously. The show should be treated as the summer distraction it is not some grand undertaking to be treated with reverance. BOTs has been a fun show and hopefully the changes will keep it a fun show.

Headie
14-05-2013, 05:24 PM
I think it was time for a reformatting as BOTS as it was getting a little stale and predictable, and the Jeff thing had runs its course. But I hope BOTS never, ever takes itself or Big Brother too seriously. The show should be treated as the summer distraction it is not some grand undertaking to be treated with reverance. BOTs has been a fun show and hopefully the changes will keep it a fun show.

I'm not saying that Big Brother should turn into 'The Sunday Politics Show' or anything like that, I'm just saying they should make it a bit more edgier. As a straight male, it is hard to openly be a fan of Big Brother without getting called a 'fag' or 'queer' nowadays, whereas if you go back to 2006, this show was considered as so cool and the edgy-ness of it all made people like it. Now all it is known for is its camp spin-off show and Brian flirting with all the male evictees. Thankfully it may finally change this summer though, with Emma hosting and BOTS having a shake up. I just hope Rylan doesn't ruin the new image too much.

rk3388
14-05-2013, 05:28 PM
GOOD. this is a good step for the show, even if hiring rylan is a step back

Patrick
14-05-2013, 05:32 PM
Thank ****.

If Channel 5 are pulling the plug on all things tacky - then good on them.

Jake.
14-05-2013, 05:33 PM
Thank ****.

If Channel 5 are pulling the plug on all things tacky - then good on them.

Exactly this

Jack_
14-05-2013, 05:44 PM
I think I'm the only one that doesn't want BOTS to become more 'upmarket', the tackiness and the fact it's trash TV is all part of the appeal to me, I find it quite endearing. Spin-off shows like this aren't meant to be upmarket and serious either, the whole point of them is they're meant to be light-hearted, silly and irreverent. Xtra Factor and BGMT are full of stupid VT's, innuendo and running gags. Hell, even BBLB with Dermot had him dancing in leotards and singing Bright Eyes with candles...

Sure, the main show and highlight shows should be serious, the tacky editing should be cut completely, there should be absolutely no cabaret dancers or anything of the sort on launch, evictions or final night, and this new psychology show should have actual psychologists on it and not asparagus woman, but a light-hearted spin-off show like Bit On The Side? The camper and tackier it is, the better.

Patrick
14-05-2013, 05:47 PM
It makes the show itself and the brand look ridiculous - shows like Jersey Shore and Made In Chelsea can be taken more seriously nowadays than BB, honest truth. So having a tackyfest like BOTS isn't helping.

Also, BBLB managed just fine for 10 years without the need to be overly camp.

Tregard
14-05-2013, 05:47 PM
I think I'm the only one that doesn't want BOTS to become more 'upmarket', the tackiness and the fact it's trash TV is all part of the appeal to me, I find it quite endearing. Spin-off shows like this aren't meant to be upmarket and serious either, the whole point of them is they're meant to be light-hearted, silly and irreverent. Xtra Factor and BGMT are full of stupid VT's, innuendo and running gags. Hell, even BBLB with Dermot had him dancing in leotards and singing Bright Eyes with candles...

Sure, the main show and highlight shows should be serious, the tacky editing should be cut completely, there should be absolutely no cabaret dancers or anything of the sort on launch, evictions or final night, and this new psychology show should have actual psychologists on it and not asparagus woman, but a light-hearted spin-off show like Bit On The Side? The camper and tackier it is, the better.

A show can be casual but upmarket at the same time. Something like "The Apprentice: You're Fired" seems about the right balance.

Glenn.
14-05-2013, 05:54 PM
I never really understood the need for him anyway?

Patrick
14-05-2013, 06:04 PM
He was there to cater for the gays.

Jack_
14-05-2013, 06:23 PM
It makes the show itself and the brand look ridiculous - shows like Jersey Shore and Made In Chelsea can be taken more seriously nowadays than BB, honest truth. So having a tackyfest like BOTS isn't helping.

I see Big Brother (in the UK at least) as a cult show nowadays anyway, and BOTS is certainly a niche show. Anyone I know that does still watch BB doesn't watch BOTS, and I don't think that's out of knowing what it's like, but because they're just casual viewers and don't have much interest in a spin-off show. To be honest thinking back it was probably the same for BBLB and Big Mouth, I rarely spoke to anyone about what happened on them as opposed to what happened on the main show, and this was in the show's prime.

For that reason I really don't think it matters what BOTS is like. As long as the eviction shows remain free of circus dancers, the highlights drop Marcus' OTT shouty narration and weird unnecessary graphics throughout tasks, then it'll be fine. X Factor, BGT, shows like that are all produced and edited slickly and professionally...but their spin-off shows are informal and childish, but that's what they're supposed to be.

And I disagree that BBLB wasn't camp :p

iPV1FrcNHts

Things like that were a daily occurrence...

A show can be casual but upmarket at the same time. Something like "The Apprentice: You're Fired" seems about the right balance.

I get your point but there's a bit of a difference between the likes of X Factor, Britain's Got Talent, I'm A Celebrity and Big Brother to The Apprentice. The latter is supposed to be a more upmarket business show (I know it's not really nowadays but it is still vastly different to the rest of the shows I listed), the others are reality/talent shows...slight difference in audience and style.

Xtra Factor has Olly and Caroline do running jokes about her tits and his cock, Britain's Got More Talent has a game in which its catchphrase when shouted is supposed to end up sounding like a rude word (last year it was RANKER, this year it's MASTERATER). BBLB with Dermot as I said had him dress up in girls clothes, as Kylie Minogue, prance around to silly songs, have pointless props on set for them to do some interview segment with Davina or family/friends of the housemates. All these kind of shows are tacky and camp, that's the appeal of them, that's what they set out to do. People on here know how much I hate the silly editing of the main show, and the cabaret dancers they had for the launch last year, but Bit On The Side's appeal for me is all about its crude, irreverent, camp, mocking, tacky style. I know it's trash TV but it doesn't try and present itself as anything else, it's very self-aware.

Black Dagger
14-05-2013, 06:25 PM

He wasn't catering to me...

Tregard
14-05-2013, 06:30 PM
I get your point but there's a bit of a difference between the likes of X Factor, Britain's Got Talent, I'm A Celebrity and Big Brother to The Apprentice. The latter is supposed to be a more upmarket business show (I know it's not really nowadays but it is still vastly different to the rest of the shows I listed), the others are reality/talent shows...slight difference in audience and style.

I guess BBBOTS felt like it was trying too hard, and Jeff was unfortunately part of that. Hopefully this newer version will cater to us both.

Jordan.
14-05-2013, 06:34 PM

No, I agree with you. All spin offs have the tackiness and running gags, whether fans like it or not it goes down well with the general public (bots gets great ratings)

I'd say the past couple of series they've got the jokes to actual discussion ratio about right, it was nowhere near as bad as some people make out. But whatever let them have their 'upmarket' show which will likely just be more time for Natalie Cassidy and the audience to give their opinions...

mkbb
14-05-2013, 06:37 PM

I don't think it is the sort of catering gays want.

Suze
14-05-2013, 06:40 PM
Good. Jeff wasn't one of the worst on BOTS, but he certainly wasn't one of the best either.

pcro
14-05-2013, 07:35 PM
I think I'm the only one that doesn't want BOTS to become more 'upmarket', the tackiness and the fact it's trash TV is all part of the appeal to me, I find it quite endearing..

I agree with this. I loved the tackiness when it was done right. Going right back to the first year and the dumb Sunday Game Show, I just loved the general silliness of the whole thing. It was meant to be stupid and boy was it ever. Seven straight days of panel discussions of happenings in the house just gets old. You can be tacky and still be creative and clever but its a dififuclt balance to be sure and probalby they tipped too far. I just think by the end of last season the creativity had been drained from BOTS and it had become somewhat robotic and tacky rather than creative and tacky.

matty0boy
14-05-2013, 07:37 PM
Not really that bothered to be honest, you notice how he'd say " oh i didn't want you to go" to every single evictee haha

thesheriff443
14-05-2013, 07:44 PM

this^

Cherie
14-05-2013, 07:56 PM
He wasn't catering to me...

:joker: You're too fussy, you should have been happy with Jeff.

Videostar
14-05-2013, 08:28 PM
Thank ******* for that, awful drag act, I never got the point of the act, not funny, the guy doesn't look anything like a woman and he can't sing...that was one of the many reasons why BBBOTS is such a lowbrow show.

SSL2012
14-05-2013, 08:45 PM
Thank god!!!

lukee
14-05-2013, 10:18 PM
thank god

emmetmcl
14-05-2013, 10:44 PM
Praise Allah he is gone. Most annoying thing about BBBOTS along with that "dramatic music" pish

DigitalSid
14-05-2013, 11:49 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ! :eek::(

Series ruined :bored:

Cherie
15-05-2013, 07:28 AM
Not really that bothered to be honest, you notice how he'd say " oh i didn't want you to go" to every single evictee haha

Exactly I mean why not just be honest.

Hopefully the weeing dog has got the boot as well, I mean that was just side splittingly hilarious if you were a 5 year old.

Black Dagger
15-05-2013, 08:28 AM
Exactly I mean why not just be honest.

Hopefully the weeing dog has got the boot as well, I mean that was just side splittingly hilarious if you were a 5 year old.

Aye, jizzing dog has been gone since the end of CBB8 if I remember correctly, Pete Burns put it in place.

emmetmcl
15-05-2013, 11:17 AM
And I disagree that BBLB wasn't camp :p

iPV1FrcNHts

There is a difference between camp and funny.

Dermot is obviously not gay, and was doing it as a joke. That cross dresser has a job doing that. Also, it isn't funny. Just because something is effeminate, or gay, doesn't mean it's necessarily camp.

Samm
15-05-2013, 03:14 PM
Jeff made BBBOTS look awful his singing was the worst and I hope that Ian from the sweaty box is not there I don't like Him

Niamh.
15-05-2013, 03:16 PM
Good, annoying try-hard.

X 2.........not that I'll be watching anyway since Ryaln is presenting

Patricia4
17-05-2013, 08:52 PM
If they are pulling the plug on all things tacky why give Rylan a job.

ahopkins
17-05-2013, 08:58 PM

I completely agree. They need a famous comedian to front the show and be joined by a series of guests plus the evicted house mate! It could only be on Fridays and called "big brother: you've been evicted"

ruiphillips
19-05-2013, 07:37 AM
Thank God. He was awfully at singing and made it uncomfortable to watch. Back to the village love.

reece(:
12-06-2013, 03:55 PM
It was comical the first few times but each week got boring with the same old routine.