PDA

View Full Version : BB14 could still launch in the first week of June

Jack_
16-05-2013, 11:16 AM
Just got an email from Applause Store about tickets for the BGT semi-finals and final, and the dates on the email are listed as '27th May - 1st June', meaning it may not end on the 8th as some were suggesting. I did think that date seemed a little odd and late.

If this is the case BB could still launch that week. My guess would be Thursday 6th.

From the email:

http://i.imgur.com/pic5YdD.png

Jack_
16-05-2013, 11:20 AM
The only way it won't end on the 1st is if they hold the final a week later on the 8th, and they've never done that before so it'd be interesting if they did.

Even so, if that does happen, with a midweek launch it'll be well clear of BGT and only Saturday's highlights show would struggle...but even that could be at 10pm.

I didn't think they'd hold the semi finals week a week after half term, it wouldn't have made sense.

Vanessa
16-05-2013, 11:22 AM
I really hope it's true. :amazed:

daniel-lewis-1985
16-05-2013, 11:52 AM
But theres been no promotion yet. I would rather it launch the 2nd week of June with a big campaign promoting the revamp and giving it a better chance in the ratings.

Firewire
16-05-2013, 12:03 PM
Radio Times have listings for Monday 27th and Tuesday 28th and the first BGT live show is on the Monday, which means the final will be Saturday 1st.

BB could launch the next week as it has no competition.

Petershaw1984
16-05-2013, 01:21 PM
Radio Times have listings for Monday 27th and Tuesday 28th and the first BGT live show is on the Monday, which means the final will be Saturday 1st.

BB could launch the next week as it has no competition.

I want to do loads of stuff to keisha the girl in your pic

Glenn.
16-05-2013, 02:00 PM
Am I the only one that doesn't give a toss about ratings?

Firewire
16-05-2013, 02:18 PM
I want to do loads of stuff to keisha the girl in your pic

rofl

Samm
16-05-2013, 03:11 PM
I think they would of given us something if it was to launch the first week of june

Jack_
16-05-2013, 04:31 PM
The only thing that'll stop the final being on the 1st now is if Wednesday 29th's semi-final is dropped for a match (perhaps someone into football will know if there's one on that date) as in other years. Even so, the final would then either be Sunday 2nd or Saturday 8th, and Big Brother can launch midweek to avoid all of these shows completely.

I'm not saying it will launch the first week of June, I'm just saying that it can. Some were completely ruling it out because people thought BGT's semi-finals would run the week after half term.

Am I the only one that doesn't give a toss about ratings?

Well in the grand scheme of things I don't but if they aren't good enough we won't have a show to watch.

In an ideal world it wouldn't matter but unfortunately it does

Marcus.
16-05-2013, 04:35 PM
can not wait

Headie
16-05-2013, 05:09 PM
The only thing that'll stop the final being on the 1st now is if Wednesday 29th's semi-final is dropped for a match (perhaps someone into football will know if there's one on that date) as in other years. Even so, the final would then either be Sunday 2nd or Saturday 8th, and Big Brother can launch midweek to avoid all of these shows completely.

Well the Champions League final is on Saturday 25th, so there probably won't be anymore matches after that date as most football seasons are over by then. So there's a possibility that the BGT show on that Saturday might not be aired due to football, unless they air it earlier. Live Shows shouldn't be disturbed though.

Jack_
16-05-2013, 05:11 PM
Well the Champions League final is on Saturday 25th, so there probably won't be anymore matches after that date as most football seasons are over by then. So there's a possibility that the BGT show on that Saturday might not be aired due to football, unless they air it earlier. Live Shows shouldn't be disturbed though.

Yeah Saturday 25th's has been moved to Sunday 26th, and that's the last auditions show. Then Monday - Saturday are the live shows.

So if there's nothing to disturb Wednesday's show (or any of the other midweek ones) then the final should be on the 1st.

fruit_cake
16-05-2013, 05:45 PM
I'm looking forward to this, it can be a replacement for the dreadful weather

Jack_
17-05-2013, 05:42 PM
This is now definitely possible. (http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224887) But if they're gonna launch it that week, they need to get a move on with promotion (at least it's started today!).

Jake.
17-05-2013, 05:49 PM
This is now definitely possible. (http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224887) But if they're gonna launch it that week, they need to get a move on with promotion (at least it's started today!).

Yeah, pretty plausible, especially now that promotion has started

BigBrotherfan4ever
17-05-2013, 06:05 PM
Yeah Saturday 25th's has been moved to Sunday 26th, and that's the last auditions show. Then Monday - Saturday are the live shows.

So if there's nothing to disturb Wednesday's show (or any of the other midweek ones) then the final should be on the 1st.

The live shows are from Monday to Friday & the grand final is on following Saturday 8th(I think that is) Stephen Mohern was talking about it on This Morning, so I've got a feeling BB will launch I week later than usual.

Jack_
17-05-2013, 06:11 PM
The live shows are from Monday to Friday & the grand final is on following Saturday 8th(I think that is) Stephen Mohern was talking about it on This Morning, so I've got a feeling BB will launch I week later than usual.

I know, I just posted a thread about it :p

But as I said in this thread even with the final a week later on the 8th, Big Brother can still launch the first week of June. It has never launched on a Saturday, and there'll be no BGT midweek (as the semi-finals will have been May half term), meaning there's free space for the launch. If it launches that week, it'll only be Saturday 8th's highlight show that'll suffer, and even that could be moved to 10pm once the final has finished, capitalising on its audience. It'd make perfect sense.

Matt
21-05-2013, 03:10 PM
ITV's just confirmed that the BGT final is definitely on June 8th, so still possible Channel 5 will wait until after that to launch BB

Samm
21-05-2013, 03:13 PM
ITV's just confirmed that the BGT final is definitely on June 8th, so still possible Channel 5 will wait until after that to launch BB

Also they have not gave us a official eye and it will be better for BB ratings to wait until BGT is over