PDA

View Full Version : Are these changes a last throw of the dice???

SSL2012
16-05-2013, 09:59 PM
Seem's to be massive re-brand of the show and the direction it was going in.

Is this because five and Ben Frow are not happy with the viewing figures perhaps and want to increase it, and to take it back to it's roots.

Or perhaps the new controller was against the towie/camp wannabe's etc that the show had now seemed to attract. And could be happy with the figures.

Opinions folks?? :)

The contract is up in a year i think, so this series could potentially be make or break for big brother on our screens.

Marcus.
16-05-2013, 10:00 PM
let hope not

Headie
16-05-2013, 10:11 PM
The show's signed on until the end of 2014 actually, so we still have another year left after this series before it could get renewed again.

SSL2012
16-05-2013, 10:14 PM
Then again on the flip side, with this re-brand, alot of money must of been thrown at it. So you could argue they've done this for the long term, else why would soo much effort be made, if the show isn't here to stay. :/

I'm confused :(

@bbuk_fans
16-05-2013, 10:20 PM
Personally i really hope that they would renew it. Let's be honest, the show doesn't do as well as it used to, but in terms of Channel 5, it's rating are amazing.

Big brother and CBB bring in the 16-34 audience that the entire channel lacks, which makes the most advertising revenue for the channel. It increases viewers for other shows on the channel as well.

Big Brother has saved Channel 5 I think because it is without a doubt the biggest show/brand that they have ever had in it's history. They would be fools not to renew it. And I'm guessing that Endemol would ask for slightly less that £200million like before for the rights, because less people watch the show then what once did. But I could be wrong.

The shakeup i think is definitely to do with the Channel management, with Ben Frow in Jeff Ford's old post. He makes all the creative decisions on the channels shows, including BB.

JohnnyBB
16-05-2013, 10:24 PM
there was an interveiw with jeff ford a couple of weeks ago raitings arnt as good as expected, an jeff said he took the show in the wrong direction, channel 5 know theyve ****ed up, and to be honest they have.

Tony1111
16-05-2013, 10:30 PM
Hopefully they go in the right direction back to its routes with no more montages, storylines, manipulation, outside contact, music or graphics. I want it to be like watching lab rats in a fight to the finish.

I wouldn't mind a game show based element either. It should be less trash TV more psychological TV which based on their new programme could be great. :)

SSL2012
16-05-2013, 11:12 PM
there was an interveiw with jeff ford a couple of weeks ago raitings arnt as good as expected, an jeff said he took the show in the wrong direction, channel 5 know theyve ****ed up, and to be honest they have.

Thats what concerns me.

I think we're seeing the last year or so of bb ever. The ratings won't improve imo.

Rip bb :(

@bbuk_fans
17-05-2013, 05:25 AM
Thats what concerns me.

I think we're seeing the last year or so of bb ever. The ratings won't improve imo.

Rip bb :(

He didn't say the rating were bad. He said that it just about made a return of investment, which means its just about made money back for them. The most likely cause of it is the £200 million that Endemol wanted for the rights to the show. the amount will probably be less if they sign a new contract because its not as big as it used to be. Ratings wise it's done amazing for Channel 5.

Mitchell
17-05-2013, 05:34 AM
I think C5 will renew it, as someone's mentioned, it's done brilliantly for a Channel 5 show, if only they expanded their programming to feature some more programming to keep the younger viewers watching maybe they'd do much better

AnnieK
17-05-2013, 05:37 AM
I think this is a make or break series and I hope it makes it. Summer just wouldn't be summer without BB. So come on Channel 5 shake it up and lets have the best series yet. back to Big Brother basics.

Cherie
17-05-2013, 07:27 AM
BB must be a money spinner for C5 especially CBB otherwise they wouldn't have so many of them, the vote to save and advertising/sponsor must be paying well..I hope.

BigBrotherfan4ever
17-05-2013, 12:16 PM
Hopefully with all the changes they are making this year, will have better things to come, & will make for a better series, then they will decide to renew contracts in 2014.

oathbreaker
17-05-2013, 04:18 PM
Brian was wrong for main host it wasn't going to work the guy relied totally on Autocue so the Evictions didn't even feel special.

Jeff ford was such a plonker when he said about Moving on if people didn't like the format changes? was it a good idea keeping with the recaps when all that did was take time from new material? the outside contact with the world just a farce really.

add into the mix some really Iffy housemates, Then last summer all that trouble with Conor.

Having said that with C4 now posting a 29 million pound loss they Axed BB then told various firms heres money go and make new shows and its failed on every level.
would C4 go back for Bigbrother? or maybe try and grab another BB type show.

Pride tends to go out the window when they are posting loses like that the lords and ladies of the C4 board might squirm at the idea of Bigbrother but at least C4 wasn't posting losses like this when they had the format.

C4 is all about Bums willies and infected Bums and Willies.

Maybe last throw of the dice for the normal series but seeing how well CBB I think that's the real battle would C4 try and get it back from C5 when negotiations are due on the next contract.

SSL2012
17-05-2013, 05:09 PM
Brian was wrong for main host it wasn't going to work the guy relied totally on Autocue so the Evictions didn't even feel special.

Jeff ford was such a plonker when he said about Moving on if people didn't like the format changes? was it a good idea keeping with the recaps when all that did was take time from new material? the outside contact with the world just a farce really.

add into the mix some really Iffy housemates, Then last summer all that trouble with Conor.

Having said that with C4 now posting a 29 million pound loss they Axed BB then told various firms heres money go and make new shows and its failed on every level.
would C4 go back for Bigbrother? or maybe try and grab another BB type show.

Pride tends to go out the window when they are posting loses like that the lords and ladies of the C4 board might squirm at the idea of Bigbrother but at least C4 wasn't posting losses like this when they had the format.

C4 is all about Bums willies and infected Bums and Willies.

Maybe last throw of the dice for the normal series but seeing how well CBB I think that's the real battle would C4 try and get it back from C5 when negotiations are due on the next contract.

Perhaps they would. Factor in the reach audience, and ignorance of ch5 by some. You could probably bump the ratings of both on ch4. Normal bb by around 300-500,000 and the celeb upto a million more imo.

Samm
17-05-2013, 06:41 PM
BB is probably channel 5 best show they will definitively keep it going

don't say RIP big brother

karezza
17-05-2013, 08:09 PM
The only way to save BB is to have more Live Feed. Live Feed increases interest - epecially on social media. I want late night live feed.

BringItOn
18-05-2013, 01:08 AM
Do you think we'll ever get Big Brother back :( I know it's better than nothing but the last good series was in 2008. It's been far too long now and I just feel yet again this year will be the same old set, over the top X Factor style edits and just trying to be like other TV shows rather than itself (format) What is so hard for the crew to look or even glance at a BB7 ep or BB9 and see it as it was back then. Gahh

jyunga
18-05-2013, 04:14 AM
The problem is them getting too many young contestants imo. They need real people in the house. Or atleast fake people that are crazy and out there. When you get people that are worried about modeling careers you get more of a **** season usually. They don't want to act crazy and ruin their chances and they become mutes that care about their looks and don;'t want to do tasks well.

Needs more 30-40s that are crazy and fun. More social outcasts types.

ruiphillips
19-05-2013, 07:32 AM
Do you think we'll ever get Big Brother back :( I know it's better than nothing but the last good series was in 2008. It's been far too long now and I just feel yet again this year will be the same old set, over the top X Factor style edits and just trying to be like other TV shows rather than itself (format) What is so hard for the crew to look or even glance at a BB7 ep or BB9 and see it as it was back then. Gahh

They need to get read of them editors who edit the main show. For god sake the edit the trash Made In Chelsea.