PDA

View Full Version : Reply from Ben Frow over the 2hr coverage

oathbreaker
17-05-2013, 10:20 AM
Been emailing Ben frow again and got this reply this morning,

It’s the best I could do….

Now it’s over to the fans. If you watch it and it does the business for me we will look at doing more. If it doesn’t rate we will have to spend the money elsewhere….so I hope it works!

Ben Frow

Director of Programming

JohnnyBB
17-05-2013, 10:25 AM
well its going to be the most watched show on the channel anyway.

Sawyer
17-05-2013, 10:27 AM
Decent, decent guy. You can understand that and it's nice that he taken the time to reply to fans. You've got to admit, the show doesn't get 4-8mil like it used to, maybe the funding just isn't there like it used to be.

Marcus.
17-05-2013, 10:28 AM
better then nothing i say

oathbreaker
17-05-2013, 10:29 AM
the massive plus im taking from this looks like its going to be linked to performance related figures.Something we urged Jeff ford to try so if it does prove a hit the chances are they would lay on more

Sawyer
17-05-2013, 10:31 AM
Ben Frow is a legend!

Black Dagger
17-05-2013, 10:43 AM
Which probably translates as 'I know that live feed will flop because of it's time schedule and now have an excuse to axe it again' :tongue:

Gstar
17-05-2013, 10:47 AM
*Sorry to be the party pooper*

But lets remember that it will be up against Eastenders, Emmerdale and Coronation street.

oathbreaker
17-05-2013, 11:03 AM
*Sorry to be the party pooper*

But lets remember that it will be up against Eastenders, Emmerdale and Coronation street.

First thing I told him because that was my main concern.

JohnnyBB
17-05-2013, 11:13 AM
All Hail Ben Frow!

Patrick
17-05-2013, 11:20 AM
Decent, decent guy. You can understand that and it's nice that he taken the time to reply to fans. You've got to admit, the show doesn't get 4-8mil like it used to, maybe the funding just isn't there like it used to be.

No it is there - they just spend it on Celebrities instead.

Matt
17-05-2013, 11:52 AM
Given that they've decided to spend £100,000 buying Brian out of his contract I think it's reasonable that they're not doing a 24hr feed this year. Can only keep everything crossed that the two hour slots rate well.

BigBrotherfan4ever
17-05-2013, 11:56 AM
Sadly I don't think with the time slot it's been given, I think the ratings will be awful:bawling:

InOne
17-05-2013, 11:57 AM
As I said in the other thread. Live feed shouldn't be about ratings...

Pronshi
17-05-2013, 12:37 PM
I understand where Ben is coming from and I am glad he is now in charge.
He seems to be trying which is something Jeff Ford wouldn't.
The fact he not only listened to the fans but also took the time to reply says it all. Cut him some slack. You can't appeal to everyone and always leave the audience wanting more.

Tregard
17-05-2013, 01:27 PM
Now we watch it, it's all we can do.

DigitalSid
17-05-2013, 01:45 PM
Ben Frow is a legend!

I get the impression he's one of us (a fan, not a TIBBer).

Rob!
17-05-2013, 02:41 PM
I get the impression he's one of us (a fan, not a TIBBer).

I thought this - especially if the social experiment aspect of things turns out to be true, which considering the inclusion of a phschology show suggests it is. :)

Jake.
17-05-2013, 02:54 PM
At least his honest, good bloke really. If the fans watch, it goes up.

*mazedsalv**
17-05-2013, 03:45 PM
Recent weeks has showed the 5* top programme getting around 200k. I am pretty sure the LF can reach that. If it is Top 3 of the week, surely that would be a huge success.

I like Ben Frow. He makes a lot of sense and seems like a really nice bloke.

oathbreaker
17-05-2013, 03:51 PM
I understand where Ben is coming from and I am glad he is now in charge.
He seems to be trying which is something Jeff Ford wouldn't.
The fact he not only listened to the fans but also took the time to reply says it all. Cut him some slack. You can't appeal to everyone and always leave the audience wanting more.

Jeff ford really dropped the ball.
when he saw the post eviction feed pulling in for 5* some really good numbers they should have jumped on maybe adding another hour.

Lot happier that clear hint its going to be linked with performance 5* isn't like ITV or BBC who expect some huge numbers to make it a hit if the feed can pull in 250/275 per evening that should be more than enough.

C4 were buggers in one aspect they put out this figure of 30k viewers but what they failed to add into the mix was that number was taken at like 1am in the morning!!! and it took nearly 2 years for Angela Jain to finally admit there were like 3 sets of numbers used when they finally axed the feed on c4.
Sadly what happened the entire Mess of numbers just followed the show on

The good thing even the tiny amount channel 5 has done proved that 30k was a very suspect number.
With C5 at least trying now with luck it can create its own numbers and go from there.

Brekkie
17-05-2013, 07:26 PM
Refreshing to see an honest reply rather than the rubbish Jeff Ford has been sprouting over the last couple of years of how BB fans aren't interested and it's all about social media.

karezza
17-05-2013, 08:22 PM
Live feed increases interest. I want late night live feed.

Vanessa
17-05-2013, 08:24 PM
Live feed increases interest. I want late night live feed.

We haven't had that for so long. I really miss the late night chats. :(

cheeky_monkey
17-05-2013, 11:33 PM
I hope BB fans will watch the Live Feed so maybe next time and even for the next CBB we all might get 24/7 Live Feed!:elephant: :amazed::banana::cheer::cheer2:

Brekkie
18-05-2013, 11:48 AM
It's kind of Catch 22 though - on the one hand that might encourage C5 to look at a live 24/7 feed again, but on the other is 7-9pm does well they might think fans are satisfied with that and that's enough.

Apart from the build up to eviction night though 7-9pm is probably the worst slot for live streaming - chances are it'll just mainly be people cooking and eating as any tasks go on during the day usually.

For the same reason, plus strong competition from other channels, it's not ideal for viewers either. Late night streaming (and by late night I mean 11pm-1am, not sleeping footage from 3am) works as there is little else on TV and fans can watch it with very little effort and will just tune in for half an hour or so and find themselves still tuned in two hours later.

Personally I think the ideal live feed scenario is a subscription online for a 24/7 feed (prices at around £15 for the series) then a couple of hours each night at 11pm. Scrap BOTS (or move it to 7pm) - let people see what's happening rather than see people talking about what's happening!

lukee
19-05-2013, 12:31 PM
No it is there - they just spend it on Celebrities instead.

dont think you can call them celebshttp://cdn.thisisbigbrother.com/smilies/jestera.gif

BJ2
19-05-2013, 05:48 PM
Which probably translates as 'I know that live feed will flop because of it's time schedule and now have an excuse to axe it again' :tongue:

Afraid I'm cynical too ... and was thinking the same thing