PDA

View Full Version : Strictly Come Dancing 2013: Bruce Forsyth will return

Marcus.
17-05-2013, 06:08 PM
Sir Bruce Forsyth will return to Strictly Come Dancing 2013, it’s been revealed.

The aging presenter will be back to host another series of the BBC one reality show in the autumn.

He said today: “I’m doing it again, why not? Seriously, here’s hoping for another spectacular series.”

But this year will see Sir Brucie taking even more of a backseat, missing three of the live Saturday night shows.

Co-host Tess Daly and Sunday night host Claudia Winkleman will stand in for the performance shows to give Brucie a chance to relax.

Despite being on screen less and the, The BBC are keen to keep Sir Brucie as the show’s frontman.

A source told the Daily Mail newspaper recently: “Our hope is he will want to continue with Strictly.

“We love him and want him to keep doing it, although we understand he has to make a decision he is comfortable with.”

Last month saw Sir Bruce hit back at the criticism he got on last year’s show, saying that live slip ups happen to everyone.

“It’s the way they talk about the Autocue, as well. How many newsreaders do you see every morning making a little slip-up?” he told the Radio Times. “If anybody is doing anything live, it’s going to happen but, of course, with it being me, and being 85, they call me a silly old fool. Any excuse.”

Strictly Come Dancing airs on BBC One this autumn.

Suze
17-05-2013, 06:58 PM
I like Bruce, but his bumbling gets worse and isn't entertaining, so I am glad he has decided to take more of a backseat next series. For his own health I think he needed to as the workload seemed to be taking a bit of a toll on him.

Marcus.
18-05-2013, 02:23 PM
I like Bruce, but his bumbling gets worse and isn't entertaining, so I am glad he has decided to take more of a backseat next series. For his own health I think he needed to as the workload seemed to be taking a bit of a toll on him.

aye same suze

Joelle.
29-05-2013, 12:13 AM
Strange, tbh I assumed he had died when Cowell dedicated Arisxandras BGT performance to him :suspect: