PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else think they will ask Brian to come back?

lostalex
18-05-2013, 12:11 AM
I think Emma is going to be horrible, and they are going to beg Brian to come back after she ruins the live shows. Emma is going to be hated by the fans I think. She doesn't seem like a very warm person so i don't think she will be able to connect with the live audience on eviction nights.

Glenn.
18-05-2013, 12:13 AM
Never

lostalex
18-05-2013, 12:16 AM
She barely manages the 50 people in the BOTS audience without getting frustrated and overwhelmed, I don't know how she is going to handle 500 people.

Glenn.
18-05-2013, 12:21 AM
She'll be talking to the camera. The eviction crowd wont need a microphone on stick rammed in their faces in all directions.

Don't worry yourself Alex, she'll do just fine :)

Marsh.
18-05-2013, 02:30 AM
No. No one could possibly be worse.

Unlike on BOTS she won't have to 'manage' the crowd, she speaks to camera and the housemates only.

lostalex
18-05-2013, 02:45 AM
Brian will always be Britain's Sweetheart though.

Glenn.
18-05-2013, 02:52 AM
I don't see him as Britain's sweetheart and I'm pretty sure no one else does.

Ramsay
18-05-2013, 02:52 AM
Can you imagine he did come back though?
Big smug smile on him and going '' IM BAAAACCCKKKK''....i'd rage so hard

Glenn.
18-05-2013, 02:54 AM
That literally made my skin crawl at the thought :bored:

newsbb
18-05-2013, 03:03 AM
no, never, he will be a Bots guest at most lol.

Glenn.
18-05-2013, 03:05 AM
My wish is that he has nothing to do with the show at all. There's no need for him.

Ramsay
18-05-2013, 03:11 AM
every time he's a guest on BOTS there will always be a few jokes about emma taking his job

Marsh.
18-05-2013, 03:22 AM
Brian will always be Britain's Sweetheart though.

Uh.... What? Lmao.

Big Brother barely registers on Britain's radar let alone Dowling. :laugh:

lostalex
18-05-2013, 03:34 AM
Uh.... What? Lmao.

Big Brother barely registers on Britain's radar let alone Dowling. :laugh:

http://static.unrealitytv.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/sam-robertson-brian-dowling.jpg

Marsh.
18-05-2013, 03:36 AM
His sexual assault trial is currently pending.

lostalex
18-05-2013, 03:46 AM
His sexual assault trial is currently pending.
you can tell Sam is asking for it. Boys shouldn't wear tight pants if they don't want that kind of attention...

jyunga
18-05-2013, 04:08 AM
Brain was awful as a host. He'd probably have done better hosting BOTS then the main show.
Davina was amazing because she always seemed into the show and he was easy to connect with. When she was preggo she didn't spend all the live shows talking about babies and preggo emotions.
Brain spent too much time pushing his sexuality instead of just being a host. All his little lines he used when stuff happened seemed forced/fake, it never felt to me like he actually watched what had gone on during the day, instead just popping in for a live eviction and going back to doing other stuff. I think a lot of people didn't really connect with him well. I certainly didn't. Loved him during his seasons, got bored of him as a host.

lostalex
18-05-2013, 04:17 AM
Brain was awful as a host. He'd probably have done better hosting BOTS then the main show.
Davina was amazing because she always seemed into the show and he was easy to connect with. When she was preggo she didn't spend all the live shows talking about babies and preggo emotions.
Brain spent too much time pushing his sexuality instead of just being a host. All his little lines he used when stuff happened seemed forced/fake, it never felt to me like he actually watched what had gone on during the day, instead just popping in for a live eviction and going back to doing other stuff. I think a lot of people didn't really connect with him well. I certainly didn't. Loved him during his seasons, got bored of him as a host.

too much time pushing his sexuality? wtf, davina was constantly pushing for romances between heterosexual housemates. you are just homophobic. and she commented on the male housemates being hot just as much if not more than brian did.

Glenn.
18-05-2013, 04:39 AM
It was more sleazy innuendoes with Brian. It made housemates uncomfortable and made viewing one great huge cringe feast.

I literally felt nauseated by him.

Glenn.
18-05-2013, 04:39 AM
It was more sleazy innuendoes with Brian. It made housemates uncomfortable and made viewing one great huge cringe feast.

I literally felt nauseated by him.

lostalex
18-05-2013, 04:41 AM
really? i wasn't nauseated at all. I was like Get in there! Brian had good taste.

Those boys on BB are sluts for fame anyway, you know they love the attention.

Glenn.
18-05-2013, 04:43 AM
That's because you let your penis overide rational thinking

lostalex
18-05-2013, 04:44 AM
Look at Sam's expression in that pic, he's loving it.

Glenn.
18-05-2013, 04:48 AM
Ah yes that awkward smile. Yes your right, he's loving it...

lostalex
18-05-2013, 04:51 AM
Ah yes that awkward smile. Yes your right, he's loving it...

you don't think ben is a little bit gay?

to quote a famous Frenchman, "the lips may say no, but the eyes say yes"

Glenn.
18-05-2013, 05:11 AM
I don't think he's gay at all. There are men that are completely straight you know Alex. Just because he's got a pretty face doesn't mean he's gagging for anal.

Besides Brian's hardly a looker.

lostalex
18-05-2013, 05:19 AM
I don't think he's gay at all. There are men that are completely straight you know Alex. Just because he's got a pretty face doesn't mean he's gagging for anal.

Besides Brian's hardly a looker.

what does gagging for anal have to do with being gay?

There are plenty of str8 guys that like butt play, and plenty of gay guys that don't like anal.

And I beg to differ about Brian not being a looker. He's a very good looking guy. Certainly better looking than most guys on British TV.

He's a million times better looking than Ant and Dec, that's for sure.

Glenn.
18-05-2013, 05:31 AM
Sure if you like the whole tangoed, wotsit thing. Each to their own I suppose :laugh:

lostalex
18-05-2013, 05:32 AM
Sure if you like the whole tangoed, wotsit thing. Each to their own I suppose :laugh:

I've ****ed much worse...

Am I open minded, or just desperate?

Who can say? :shrug:

Glenn.
18-05-2013, 05:36 AM
:joker:

aman201
18-05-2013, 06:07 AM
I loved/love Brain personally.

But, Emma will be a better interviewer for eviction nights.

ahopkins
18-05-2013, 07:04 AM
I loved/love Brain personally.

But, Emma will be a better interviewer for eviction nights.

Brian was one of the worst interviewers I've ever seen, he looked so wooden and uncomfortable when interviewing house mates. He had to be told to sit cross-legged so he looks more confident.

It just shows how clueless he was! Emma will be amazing. I just hope to she doesn't change her personality from BBOTS :worship:

joeysteele
18-05-2013, 07:07 AM
I really like Emma but agree with Lostalex overall.

I don't think she was that good on bbbots,I actually stopped watching it,only recording it and then watching the bits that semed of interest.
I felt she didn't keep things flowing, on topic or got enough audience views in too.

From what I have seen of her when she has co-hosted 'This Morning' and is also in the hub on 'This Morning', I find her irritating there unfortunately and again she gets tongue tied and mixes things up.

Love or dislike Brian, and I liked him, he really improved from the early shows of BB on channel 5 and although I think he would be unlikely to return in the future,some people are expecting a great 'new' Davina from Emma and I think they will be badly disappointed.
So maybe BB could end up regretting dumping Brian the way they have done so unpleasantly too.

ahopkins
18-05-2013, 07:15 AM
I really like Emma but agree with Lostalex overall.

I don't think she was that good on bbbots,I actually stopped watching it,only recording it and then watching the bits that semed of interest.
I felt she didn't keep things flowing, on topic or got enough audience views in too.

From what I have seen of her when she has co-hosted 'This Morning' and is also in the hub on 'This Morning', I find her irritating there unfortunately and again she gets tongue tied and mixes things up.

Love or dislike Brian, and I liked him, he really improved from the early shows of BB on channel 5 and although I think he would be unlikely to return in the future,some people are expecting a great 'new' Davina from Emma and I think they will be badly disappointed.
So maybe BB could end up regretting dumping Brian the way they have done so unpleasantly too.

Emma was very similar to Davina on BOTS, she is a natural presenter. Emma has the natural talent of an enthusiastic, naturally funny and interesting presenter. You can't take her problems with hosting a talk show to hosting Big Brother because they are very different things!

joeysteele
18-05-2013, 07:25 AM
Emma was very similar to Davina on BOTS, she is a natural presenter. Emma has the natural talent of an enthusiastic, naturally funny and interesting. You can't take her problems with hosting a talk show to hosting Big Brother because they are very different things!

Well. people can only judge her on what they have seen her do and for me on 'This Morning' is not attention holding at all.So I don't actually see her a natural presenter
On BBOTS she had to interview a lot tooand I feel she failed on many times to get relevant points made and also failed to keep a hold on the show.

In supporting roles she is really good and maybe she has a confidence thing but like a lot of people once she is the sole and main one in the front of things,she doesn't do that well.

I like Emma as I said and liked her all through her connection with BB when on Channel 4 but I am sorry to say she has not impressed me over the last 2 years at all as to her time on BB or other areas of TV too.
That's just my view,others think she will be brilliant but also perhaps possiblymiss the point she will be more directed in the main presenting role as Brian was a lot of the time.

Samm
18-05-2013, 07:47 AM
Emma is so much better she is more like davina

when watching the show Brian was ok but when I looked back on YouTube on the CBB11 launch night Brian was awful

Jake.
18-05-2013, 08:03 AM
He isn't coming back, he'll be watching the BB launch whilst weeping into his dinner

Gstar
18-05-2013, 08:11 AM
With Narinder saying that "bb iz beneath you xox"

Jake.
18-05-2013, 08:13 AM
:laugh:

ahopkins
18-05-2013, 08:24 AM
Well. people can only judge her on what they have seen her do and for me on 'This Morning' is not attention holding at all.So I don't actually see her a natural presenter
On BBOTS she had to interview a lot tooand I feel she failed on many times to get relevant points made and also failed to keep a hold on the show.

In supporting roles she is really good and maybe she has a confidence thing but like a lot of people once she is the sole and main one in the front of things,she doesn't do that well.

I like Emma as I said and liked her all through her connection with BB when on Channel 4 but I am sorry to say she has not impressed me over the last 2 years at all as to her time on BB or other areas of TV too.
That's just my view,others think she will be brilliant but also perhaps possiblymiss the point she will be more directed in the main presenting role as Brian was a lot of the time.

I understand what you're saying and I know she isn't perfect but she is a whole lot better than Brian. Brian was only made the host to please the casual viewers. :blush:

joeysteele
18-05-2013, 09:11 AM
I understand what you're saying and I know she isn't perfect but she is a whole lot better than Brian. Brian was only made the host to please the casual viewers. :blush:

I have my view that I doubt she will be as good as people think she is going to be unfortunately but then in taking on board what you say,I do accept she has never presented the main show as to BB for a series on her own.

There is no doubt she is an avid fan of BB and so we will just have to wait and see.
I promise you one thing, if she is really good at it though, I will be straight on here and admit she was.
I also hope she is,because I want a strong future for BB and this series and the next will be very crucial to its future survival.
So despite my reservations as to changing things now, I do hope she excels at this and proves me wrong.

ahopkins
18-05-2013, 09:21 AM
I have my view that I doubt she will be as good as people think she is going to be unfortunately but then in taking on board what you say,I do accept she has never presented the main show as to BB for a series on her own.

There is no doubt she is an avid fan of BB and so we will just have to wait and see.
I promise you one thing, if she is really good at it though, I will be straight on here and admit she was.
I also hope she is,because I want a strong future for BB and this series and the next will be very crucial to its future survival.
So despite my reservations as to changing things now, I do hope she excels at this and proves me wrong.

That's good positive thinking. And I agree that this season will be so important because it will tell if the makeover of Big Brother has worked. If it doesn't work then everyone will give up on bb. As BB have had 2 makeovers now and they both kind of failed!

Hopefully Emma will pull it off and do us proud! :wavey:

daniel-lewis-1985
18-05-2013, 10:03 AM
too much time pushing his sexuality? wtf, davina was constantly pushing for romances between heterosexual housemates. you are just homophobic. and she commented on the male housemates being hot just as much if not more than brian did.

Here we go.

Jordan.
18-05-2013, 10:37 AM
Well no, there's a reason he got SACKED.

I hope you're just trolling because there's no excuse for being this out of touch.

Cherie
18-05-2013, 10:44 AM
He isn't coming back, he'll be watching the BB launch whilst weeping into his dinner

and sticking pins in an Emma doll.

No Brian is not coming back, that would be just ridiculous after sacking him and paying him off as his contract had not expired.

Suze
18-05-2013, 11:08 AM
Nope.

aj2463
18-05-2013, 11:24 AM

arista
18-05-2013, 11:57 AM
really? i wasn't nauseated at all. I was like Get in there! Brian had good taste.

Those boys on BB are sluts for fame anyway, you know they love the attention.

Maybe for tubby Gay folks.

But he pissed everyone else Off

daniel-lewis-1985
18-05-2013, 12:01 PM
Maybe for Gay folks.

But is pissed everyone elese Off

Not even for us gays lol.

I hated his presenting style and him letching all over the guys. Made me feel sick.

Loved him in BB2 though and I do think hes a funny guy but played up to the gay card and it just seemed forced. Being gay doesn't make you loveable now its just the norm.

Then again I think he would have been brilliant on BOTS as his sense of humour really shone when he was on there on a Friday.

Emma should have been main presenter from day 1.

arista
18-05-2013, 12:02 PM
Not even for us gays lol.

I hated his presenting style and him letching all over the guys. Made me feel sick.

Loved him in BB2 though and I do think hes a funny guy but played up to the gay card and it just seemed forced. Being gay doesn't make you loveable now its just the norm.

Then again I think he would have been brilliant on BOTS as his sense of humour really shone when he was on there on a Friday.

Emma should have been main presenter from day 1.

Fair point

Patrick
18-05-2013, 12:03 PM
Ignore him people. He's trolling beyond belief.

DigitalSid
18-05-2013, 12:05 PM
We won't see him for dust, and good *******ing riddance.

Niamh.
18-05-2013, 12:06 PM
awww I would love Brian to still be involved but I think it's safe to say that he won't be

Brother Leon
18-05-2013, 12:10 PM
Emma is much better so no.

joeysteele
18-05-2013, 12:15 PM
That's good positive thinking. And I agree that this season will be so important because it will tell if the makeover of Big Brother has worked. If it doesn't work then everyone will give up on bb. As BB have had 2 makeovers now and they both kind of failed!

Hopefully Emma will pull it off and do us proud! :wavey:

We can both agree on that definitely, by the way it's been really nice to have had this chat with you today as to BB and Emma.

Bigest Brother Fan ever
18-05-2013, 12:17 PM
Just imagine the Launch night, emma announcing the housemates and just as she says Housemate number 1, The eye opens revealing a very drunk Brian "This is my Job Bi*ch" lol

Marsh.
18-05-2013, 01:05 PM
He's a very good looking guy. Certainly better looking than most guys on British TV.

He's a million times better looking than Ant and Dec, that's for sure.

:laugh2:

Since when did Ant and Dec represent most guys on British TV?

I know, unlike their American counterparts, British TV stars tend to allow themselves to look normal and have wrinkles but to suggest "most" of them are uglier than Brian is ridiculous.

reece(:
18-05-2013, 01:07 PM
Safe to say Brian is done with the show and I'm happier than ever.

Black Dagger
18-05-2013, 01:19 PM
I love it when people say 'he was there for the gays'

I didn't like Brian as a presenter, it's like all gays should stick together and love each other as a sexual minority. He was sleazy, did he ever go an eviction night without rubbing his hands on one of the house-mates male relatives? When he was all over Jem (BB12's) boyfriend like a rash and it looked like he wanted to punch him LOL, and wooden and he didn't really do his role as well as he could have done, he's no loss.

No, he won't be called back and I'm quite happy at it.

Niamh.
18-05-2013, 01:21 PM
^ He was there because he was obviously popular with viewers, he did win it twice after all.

Marsh.
18-05-2013, 01:23 PM
^ He was there because he was obviously popular with viewers, he did win it twice after all.

And hopefully they've learnt from their mistakes about hiring people they deem popular who aren't actually equipped to do the job.

What? They've hired Rylan? Oh, I give up.

Jack_
18-05-2013, 01:24 PM
I actually found his leaching over the men hilarious, the awkwardness was what made it funny :joker:

He actually improved his autocue reading skills as well to be fair to him and I didn't mind him towards the end, but there's absolutely no doubt that Emma's better than him and he thankfully won't be coming back. Nice and funny guy, but he's no presenter.

Niamh.
18-05-2013, 01:25 PM
And hopefully they've learnt from their mistakes about hiring people they deem popular who aren't actually equipped to do the job.

What? They've hired Rylan? Oh, I give up.

:laugh: No comment, I hate Rylan but love Brian.

Marsh.
18-05-2013, 02:22 PM
:laugh: No comment, I hate Rylan but love Brian.

:laugh:

iRyan
18-05-2013, 06:11 PM
What a foolish thread.

zakman440
18-05-2013, 06:45 PM
Simple answer: no.

ruiphillips
19-05-2013, 07:23 AM
I think Emma is going to be horrible, and they are going to beg Brian to come back after she ruins the live shows. Emma is going to be hated by the fans I think. She doesn't seem like a very warm person so i don't think she will be able to connect with the live audience on eviction nights.

Hell to the naw! TG his ass has finally been kicked to the curb. Queen Willis coming to slay presenting just like McCall. :elephant:

thediaryroomchair
19-05-2013, 09:01 AM
I still feel his sacking was completely mishandled and he deserved better than the £100,000 pay out he received. Granted, he had a hard act to follow but Channel 5 are making their own mark on the show. He should have been retained and given his own show like Big Brother: Brian's Best Bits where he discusses his highlights from the week or something like that.

Samm
19-05-2013, 10:34 AM
brian was better in the house then he was hosting big brother

Tregard
19-05-2013, 10:42 AM
Even if he was asked I very much doubt he'd come back.