PDA

View Full Version : Emma's comments on taking the top job - From Mirror Celebs on Sunday

Sawyer
19-05-2013, 12:04 PM
The following is the part of Emma's interview with The Mirror's Celebs on Sunday supplement. There's more to the interview, but this is the only bit about Big Brother.

STEPPING INTO SHOES/ON TOES
Once we've had a nosey at Emma's schedule for the week (chaotic is an understatement) we wonder if she will even have time for an interview. But Emma always gets the job done due to her amazing multi-tasking abilities. With two young kinds to look after with husband Matt Willis, a slot presenting on This Morning, a Heart FM radio show and hosting ITV2's dating show Girlfri3nds, we wonder how she manages to stay so chirpy. It might have something to do with the fact she's been promoted from presenting Big Brother's Bit on the Side to hosting her 'favourite show in the world', Big Brother, even if it meant ousting pal Brian Dowling.

"When they called me, I was on a mini break with Matt and I just started screaming," she laughs. "I needed some time to think about it though. I wondered if I could do it, I knew if I took the job it meant that Brian would no longer have it, and I didn't know if I could give up Bit on the Side. That show is every night of my life for three months and I love it so much. I would do that job for free. In the end I thought 'what is wrong with you? Say yes.' Once I did, Davina McCall sent her congratulations. It's nice to know I have her blessing."

Working with ex-host Brian Dowling since the show moved to Channel 5 in 2011, it's no surprise Emma would be worried about how he'd react. "He could of been pissed off with me. He wasn't though, he was a true gentleman and it's been a relief how gracious he's been. He made that conversation so easy. He understands, and said if someone else had to do it, he's glad it was me. If the shoe was on the other foot, I wouldn't want anyone else but him either. We've been in it together from the beginning"

It's also rumored Celebrity BB winner Rylan Clark will be stepping in to fill Emma's high heels on Bit on the Side - but not if she has anything to do with it. "I've heard rumours I'm still doing BOTS... I love Rylan, but I've said I'd like to be involved wherever possible. I know I won't be able to do all of it now, but I love it and it's my baby. I just don't want to let it go. I've put my request in and they've said, "Big Brother will get back to you..." I'll just have to wait and see."

SHAPING UP
As the BB14 launch looms, Emma is hitting the gym to tone up (she doesn't need to) and might 'get a sneaky spray tan', but what is she most scared of? "Just being ****. I don't want to be the one who lets the show down. I'm sure I'll get some criticism but, hey ho, you just have to get on with it. I've been given control of my favourite show and I'm not messing it up."

Sawyer
19-05-2013, 12:28 PM
Thought people would be interested in this!

Rob!
19-05-2013, 12:32 PM
Well it certainly puts Brian in a better light than Narinda.

Sawyer
19-05-2013, 12:43 PM
I was hoping for something more dramatic... Not all nicey nicey lol.

EddyEagal
19-05-2013, 12:45 PM
She's always so professional. Cannot wait for her to take over. It should be really good.

The fact she said 'taken control' of the show, maybe means that she does give her suggestions to producers as to what direction the show should be taken in. I'm sure that Emma, like us, would be all for the show toning down the editing and taking it back to the show which is a social experiment. Same with the housemates, she's openly admitted to wanting older housemates.

I've never watched a full Big Brother religiously on Channel 5 ( I have CBB ) because I think it's lacked a variety of characters and the editing is awful, and without good housemates compensating the production, I always give up. I really hope this series goes well because on Channel 4 I religiously watched every series.

Cherie
19-05-2013, 12:53 PM
Thanks Sawyer. Interesting.

BigBrotherfan4ever
19-05-2013, 12:59 PM
Thanks for posting intresting read

Sawyer
19-05-2013, 01:00 PM
You're welcome!

Samm
19-05-2013, 01:05 PM
Emma is great and narinda was more annoyed then brian

GiRTh
19-05-2013, 01:06 PM
Well said Emma.

Marcus.
19-05-2013, 01:07 PM
thanks for that read

thediaryroomchair
19-05-2013, 01:38 PM
I am looking forward to seeing what changes those behind the scenes have made. I am very much a fan of the advert that was shown this weekend. It is very sinister and a lot like what Channel 4 used to do. I did not like the Bru Takes Over and the BB games last year with the emphasis on the "hot tub" flirtation area and it being a game. It is an experiment and I think keeping the evil element from CBB 2013 will make it great viewing.

joeysteele
19-05-2013, 01:43 PM
Decent article and fair views from Emma, Brian also,as I expected anyway, comes out of this with a very good and dignified response too.
It is just a pity in a way they hadn't been joint presenters of both shows anyway.
Brian was always more relaxed when on bbbots after the main show,he and Emma had good banter between them all the time.
Good luck to her although I do have reservations but she does deserve the chance.

daniel-lewis-1985
19-05-2013, 01:54 PM
The following is the part of Emma's interview with The Mirror's Celebs on Sunday supplement. There's more to the interview, but this is the only bit about Big Brother.

STEPPING INTO SHOES/ON TOES
Once we've had a nosey at Emma's schedule for the week (chaotic is an understatement) we wonder if she will even have time for an interview. But Emma always gets the job done due to her amazing multi-tasking abilities. With two young kinds to look after with husband Matt Willis, a slot presenting on This Morning, a Heart FM radio show and hosting ITV2's dating show Girlfri3nds, we wonder how she manages to stay so chirpy. It might have something to do with the fact she's been promoted from presenting Big Brother's Bit on the Side to hosting her 'favourite show in the world', Big Brother, even if it meant ousting pal Brian Dowling.

"When they called me, I was on a mini break with Matt and I just started screaming," she laughs. "I needed some time to think about it though. I wondered if I could do it, I knew if I took the job it meant that Brian would no longer have it, and I didn't know if I could give up Bit on the Side. That show is every night of my life for three months and I love it so much. I would do that job for free. In the end I thought 'what is wrong with you? Say yes.' Once I did, Davina McCall sent her congratulations. It's nice to know I have her blessing."

Working with ex-host Brian Dowling since the show moved to Channel 5 in 2011, it's no surprise Emma would be worried about how he'd react. "He could of been pissed off with me. He wasn't though, he was a true gentleman and it's been a relief how gracious he's been. He made that conversation so easy. He understands, and said if someone else had to do it, he's glad it was me. If the shoe was on the other foot, I wouldn't want anyone else but him either. We've been in it together from the beginning"

It's also rumored Celebrity BB winner Rylan Clark will be stepping in to fill Emma's high heels on Bit on the Side - but not if she has anything to do with it. "I've heard rumours I'm still doing BOTS... I love Rylan, but I've said I'd like to be involved wherever possible. I know I won't be able to do all of it now, but I love it and it's my baby. I just don't want to let it go. I've put my request in and they've said, "Big Brother will get back to you..." I'll just have to wait and see."

SHAPING UP
As the BB14 launch looms, Emma is hitting the gym to tone up (she doesn't need to) and might 'get a sneaky spray tan', but what is she most scared of? "Just being ****. I don't want to be the one who lets the show down. I'm sure I'll get some criticism but, hey ho, you just have to get on with it. I've been given control of my favourite show and I'm not messing it up."

How can an article make it to print with such obvious spelling mistakes lol

Marcus.
19-05-2013, 01:55 PM

no idea

Sawyer
19-05-2013, 02:00 PM

They didn't lol. I brought the magazine and copied it out.. That's my typo haha

DigitalSid
19-05-2013, 04:08 PM
Slightly annoyed Brian wasn't pissed off :laugh:.

Marcus.
19-05-2013, 04:22 PM
Slightly annoyed Brian wasn't pissed off :laugh:.

i would be
but well done to him

Josy
19-05-2013, 04:29 PM
Thanks for posting.

Sawyer
19-05-2013, 04:30 PM
Thanks for posting.

no problem :)

Jordan.
19-05-2013, 04:42 PM
and I didn't know if I could give up Bit on the Side. That show is every night of my life for three months and I love it so much. I would do that job for free.

:love:

Tregard
19-05-2013, 06:54 PM
Good on Brian for being the better man about it.