PDA

View Full Version : Emma was reluctant to be the main host at first - "I´m scared of being s**t on it"

Calderyon
20-05-2013, 10:58 AM
Emma Willis was reluctant to take main Big Brother job

Big Brother star Emma Willis has revealed that she was initially reluctant to replace Brian Dowling as the show’s main presenter.

Channel 5 announced last month that Emma would become the face of its live launch, eviction and final episodes from the fourteenth normal series, which begins next month.

The 37-year-old has since told The Mirror’s Celebs On Sunday magazine how she reacted to the offer, saying that she was fully aware it would put two-time Big Brother winner Dowling out of his job.

“When they called me, I was on a mini break with Matt and I just started screaming,” she explained. “I needed some time to think about it though.

“I wondered if I could do it, I knew if I took the job it meant that Brian would no longer have it, and I didn’t know if I could give up Bit on the Side. That show is every night of my life for three months and I love it so much. I would do that job for free.

“In the end I thought ‘what is wrong with you? Say yes.’ Once I did, Davina McCall sent her congratulations. It’s nice to know I have her blessing.”

Emma added that she’s scared of ‘being s**t’ in her new role.

“I don’t want to be the one who lets the show down,” she mused. “I’m sure I’ll get some criticism but, hey ho, you just have to get on with it.

“I’ve been given control of my favourite show and I’m not messing it up.

Read more: http://www.bbspy.co.uk/bb14/news/0519/emma-willis-had-to-think-about-taking-big-brother-job#ixzz2TpRwkb5u

I think she is going to do just fine...