PDA

View Full Version : #whatsthesecret returning players???

ahopkins
20-05-2013, 01:27 PM
I've noticed that every popular competitive reality show in the US has had returning players because it boosts ratings and makes the series more exciting in general. Returning players is generally assosiated with pleasing casual viewers and since channel 5 is trying to please casual viewers by having lots of montages and having Brian as the host, this seems likely. Maybe it will only have returning players. Or maybe even a mixture of returning house mates and new ones. I personally think BB needs some returning house mates to spice up the series!

lostalex
20-05-2013, 01:31 PM
I think it's more likely to be something like the last series of BB Australia, where they all had secrets but it was just a task to guess which secret belong to who. I think they might be ripping off BB Australia.

That is the most plausible explanation.

I don't think the secrets twist even worked very well on BBAUS, so I don't know why they are copying it.

MB.
20-05-2013, 01:34 PM
I think it's more likely to be something like the last series of BB Australia, where they all had secrets but it was just a task to guess which secret belong to who. I think they might be ripping off BB Australia.

Or... they believe they all have major secrets (i.e. I used to be a man - or something C5 would never allow - I killed someone!) but in fact don't, therefore the housemates spend the whole time paranoid.

daniel-lewis-1985
20-05-2013, 01:52 PM
That is the most plausible explanation.

I don't think the secrets twist even worked very well on BBAUS, so I don't know why they are copying it.

BB:AUS ripped the idea off BB France I believe.

Headie
20-05-2013, 02:36 PM
I was thinking that the twist could be returning housemates.. because lots of people were speculating it on BB facebook pages.

But I don't think they would have C4 housemate return, so it would only be C5 civilian housemates returning (please no celebs). Also, that could be what the 2 doors are, one for new housemates and one for returning housemates. Maybe we could start looking at ex-housemates twitter activity when it gets closer to the Launch Date to see whether they are in hiding or not???

Jarrod
20-05-2013, 02:58 PM
I was thinking that the twist could be returning housemates.. because lots of people were speculating it on BB facebook pages.

But I don't think they would have C4 housemate return, so it would only be C5 civilian housemates returning (please no celebs). Also, that could be what the 2 doors are, one for new housemates and one for returning housemates. Maybe we could start looking at ex-housemates twitter activity when it gets closer to the Launch Date to see whether they are in hiding or not???

If they're returning players it's doubtful they'll go into hiding. I don't think the UBB Housemates did, apart from Victor and Michelle because it was later in the series.

SocietyIsRuined
20-05-2013, 03:11 PM
I thought that Australian twist at the start last year was quite good. It helped the contestants get to know each other.

Gstar
20-05-2013, 03:19 PM
No BB12 housemates please. (Apart from Aaron, Heaven and Rebeckah)

Headie
20-05-2013, 03:23 PM
If they're returning players it's doubtful they'll go into hiding. I don't think the UBB Housemates did, apart from Victor and Michelle because it was later in the series.

Oh ok I didn't know that. But then again UBB was straight after BB11 so going into hiding would've been pointless. Now that it's a new series, they would get treated the same as the new housemates entering.

Jack_
20-05-2013, 03:24 PM
Aaron, Rebeckah, Anton, Chris, Lydia, Deana VS 6 new housemates

plz

Headie
20-05-2013, 03:26 PM
Aaron, Rebeckah, Anton, Chris, Lydia, Deana VS 6 new housemates

plz

:nono: You missed off Heaven. Add Heaven and Benedict on to the list and have 8 ex housemates vs 8 new housemates plz. That would actually be amazing <3

Pronshi
20-05-2013, 03:26 PM
Will everyone stop saying shows ripped off such and such.
The show borrows ideas all the time.
BBUK is not stealing from BBAU.
They are borrowing elements of Secret Story which has been aired in France
since 2007.

Wildcat!
20-05-2013, 03:35 PM
That stuff works on survivor, or BB US, because they dont have the public vote.
In the UK, it will just be like past series, where new housemates pretty much ave no chance of winning. Because the old ones are so well known.

If it was a real gameshow, like survivor, it could work.

Patrick
20-05-2013, 03:42 PM
LOL No, it would be like everyone from the past 40 celebrity series they've had - and then Alex from BB12.

g17m
20-05-2013, 03:56 PM
No BB12 housemates please. (Apart from Aaron, Heaven and Rebeckah)

Lol, so what you meant to say was "just three housemates from BB12 please"

Gstar
20-05-2013, 04:16 PM
LOL No, it would be like everyone from the past 40 celebrity series they've had - and then Alex from BB12.

:joker: :joker:

DigitalSid
20-05-2013, 05:05 PM

Just like UBB then :laugh:.

cheeky_monkey
20-05-2013, 05:23 PM
Be great if some past housemates from Channel 4 and Channel 5 series was in one house and afew new housemates in the other BB house! :D

ahopkins
20-05-2013, 05:33 PM

When I thought of the idea I was thinking that they would have some people from channel 4 as well as channel 5 because many old housemates like Aisleyne are still big fans of the show and would probably love to return. But 78 people have been on C5 BB so there is a quite a lot of choice but it wouldn't be a great cast!

ahopkins
20-05-2013, 05:52 PM
This is would be my perfect C5 all-stars cast:

Jedward (CBB 8)
Heaven (BB12)
Aaron (BB12)
K and K (CBB9)
Denise (CBB9)
Nicola (CBB9)
Becky (BB13)
Deana (BB13)
Adam (BB13)
Harry (BB12)
Julian (CBB10)
Heidi and Spencer (CBB11)
Rylan (CBB11)
Razor (CBB11)

Samm
20-05-2013, 05:55 PM
This is would be my perfect C5 all-stars cast:

Jedward (CBB 8)
Heaven (BB12)
Aaron (BB12)
K and K (CBB9)
Denise (CBB9)
Nicola (CBB9)
Becky (BB13)
Deana (BB13)
Adam (BB13)
Harry (BB12)
Julian (CBB10)
Heidi and Spencer (CBB11)
Rylan (CBB11)
The Situation (CBB10)

Rylan is hosting BBBOTS so if this did happen rylan would not me able to do it Razor would be better to go in

ahopkins
20-05-2013, 05:59 PM
Rylan is hosting BBBOTS so if this did happen rylan would not me able to do it Razor would be better to go in

Razor would be the best person to replace Rylan, but if for some reason they actually have an all-stars season then I think Rylan would delay being a BBBOTs presenter for 1 series.

Gstar
20-05-2013, 06:04 PM
No. Razor breaks up all the fights

Samm
20-05-2013, 06:05 PM

Razor nearly made a fight Rylan broke it up

ahopkins
20-05-2013, 06:08 PM

Razor deserves to be in Big Brother all-stars just for almost attacking Speidi and being Rylan's side kick! And Rylan was the one of the most deserving people to be on All-Stars.

reece(:
20-05-2013, 07:01 PM
Razor deserves to be in Big Brother all-stars just for almost attacking Speidi and being Rylan's side kick! And Rylan was the one of the most deserving people to be on All-Stars.
:crazy: world doesn't revolve around Rylan & cronies.

ahopkins
20-05-2013, 07:13 PM
:crazy: world doesn't revolve around Rylan & cronies.

I agree, he was my least favourite housemate of CBB11 but he did feature a lot on the highlights show and was the biggest hero of the series.

Petershaw1984
20-05-2013, 08:49 PM
Returning players would be brilliant. Maybe 6 of the best.

Gstar
20-05-2013, 10:04 PM
Imagine Makosi returning

-faints-

Headie
20-05-2013, 10:18 PM
Imagine Makosi returning

-faints-

Can we just put Charley, Alexandra, Makosi and Heaven in the same house together :love:

Brekkie
22-05-2013, 10:59 PM
Rylan is hosting BBBOTS so if this did happen rylan would not me able to do it
Just like he couldn't do Celeb BB due to the X Factor tour. I'm sure he'd just sneak out for a couple of hours to host BBBOTS.

(That would actually be quite an interesting twist - break so many rules but bringing a HM out to guest on BOTS before sending them back in could shake things up nicely!)

I really do think though people are treading down the wrong path with the Secret Story idea - and to be honest I don't trust the producers nowadays to handle that kind of format. I do think the "secret" will be much simpler than that, and these prmos clearly take more inspiration from the BB04 Australia promos where the secret was a million dollar jackpot.

The two doors thing leads me to believe a secret house, though that would be rather underwhelming.

Bigest Brother Fan ever
23-05-2013, 12:53 AM
Why are people getting the impression of a second house because of the two doors, In that promo they are just revealing more of the eye those door's are just part of the eye!