PDA

View Full Version : Channel 5 are taking the piss.

Patrick
20-05-2013, 05:42 PM
I'm sorry but is there actually a need - I know they're doing what Channel 4 use to do back in the day and release sexy eye flashes before the eye is revealed, but Jesus Christ.

We've waited long enough for this ******ing eye!

Samm
20-05-2013, 05:46 PM
I am hoping for them to bring it out at midnight I don't think there will be a launch at 6th june either because they have not showed us a eye or a teaser longer the 6 seconds

BigBrotherfan4ever
20-05-2013, 06:27 PM
I am hoping for them to bring it out at midnight I don't think there will be a launch at 6th june either because they have not showed us a eye or a teaser longer the 6 seconds

I don't think the launch date is 6th either, I feel we would know a lot more by now if it was the 6th

Marcus.
20-05-2013, 06:28 PM
they just getting the tension going

Marsh.
20-05-2013, 06:28 PM
Getting angry over an eye, chill out.

Pronshi
20-05-2013, 06:31 PM
It's working tho.
Always keep the audience wanting more.

Glenn.
20-05-2013, 06:32 PM

[2]

Relax young Patrick. All good things and that. It's not the end of the world.

JohnnyBB
20-05-2013, 06:47 PM
i was expecting it today, production are back in work now, but obviously this isint the case.

Jarrod
20-05-2013, 06:49 PM
It seems like longer because they announced the Emma news early.

Oh and the fact they released the CBB11 eye like... in November.

rachelricci
20-05-2013, 06:54 PM
relax and wait, young padawan

JohnnyBB
20-05-2013, 07:05 PM
if bb dose start 6th june where 2 weeks away with no eye!

Samm
20-05-2013, 07:11 PM
I don't think the launch date is 6th either, I feel we would know a lot more by now if it was the 6th

I think the launch will be 12th june or sometime that week because the eye this week and a longer teaser and next week the house then launch the week after

reece(:
20-05-2013, 07:13 PM
This wait is getting quite tedious now, expected something 3 weeks ago.

Mystic Mock
20-05-2013, 07:23 PM
Channel 5 will reveal it soon I think, what I'm more pissed off about is the fact we don't know when the show will be returning 100%.

I know reports say 6th of June but I have heard some people say that it might be delayed until later on in the year.

@bbuk_fans
20-05-2013, 07:34 PM
Channel 5 will reveal it soon I think, what I'm more pissed off about is the fact we don't know when the show will be returning 100%.

I know reports say 6th of June but I have heard some people say that it might be delayed until later on in the year.

It definitely is JUNE the launch, but I think the reason why C5 have not announced it yet is because other broadcasters (channel 4 particularly) could change their schedules because of Big Brother, so the rating will be down for BB. We don't want another repeat of 2011 when they put out all of the billboards etc, then changed the launch date because Channel 4 aired Twilight if I remember rightly.

Calm down, it'll be announced soon. People are way too eager to know too much info all at once.

iRyan
20-05-2013, 07:42 PM
I like that they are teasing it slowly, reminds me of the C4 days.

Jake.
20-05-2013, 07:45 PM
I like that they are teasing it slowly, reminds me of the C4 days.

Yeah, this >>> a whole rush of new information being leaked

Jordan.
20-05-2013, 07:50 PM
The promo so far is a flop. Feels like no one outside of a BB forum even knows it's happening.

Channel 4 could afford to tease it slowly as it'd still get noticed.

@bbuk_fans
20-05-2013, 07:56 PM
The promo so far is a flop. Feels like no one outside of a BB forum even knows it's happening.

I wouldn't call it a flop. It's only known to the BB community because we are the only people at this stage to know it's for Big Brother. As soon as the full eye is released, billboards go up, full promo on other channels as well, more people will have an interest.

Channel 5's only show for the 16-34 demographic is Big Brother, other than that, Channel 5 is a dead space for that age group which is the BB target, that's why they advertise on other channels.

Give it time, it's only been a few days

Headie
20-05-2013, 07:58 PM
We'll know on Wednesday whether BB starts on the 6th or not because the schedules are being released then, right? So, in 2 days, we may have some news.

BigBrotherfan4ever
20-05-2013, 08:03 PM

That's what annoying me the most, I really care what eye looks like .....tbh, also dying to house photos aswell.

Petershaw1984
20-05-2013, 08:04 PM
Heres hoping somethings revealed at midnight tonight

@bbuk_fans
20-05-2013, 08:05 PM
Heres hoping somethings revealed at midnight tonight

Press releases would have been sent out by now, don't expect anything tonight

g17m
20-05-2013, 08:08 PM
It will be starting soon, if they do delay it it won't be by long because they want to get another celebrity version in this year and the agreement on the house staying at Elstree expires in September this year doesn't it?

Jarrod
20-05-2013, 08:09 PM
It will be starting soon, if they do delay it it won't be by long because they want to get another celebrity version in this year and the agreement on the house staying at Elstree expires in September this year doesn't it?

They recently extended it if I remember correctly.

Gstar
20-05-2013, 09:59 PM

This.

Fat.Rat
20-05-2013, 10:42 PM
Its nice seeing people get angry over the eye it reminds me of the old days of bb and feels like it used to before launch nites :) <3 x x x

ruiphillips
21-05-2013, 09:50 AM
I'm actually liking how their hyping this series. It's got me on the edge of my seat already.

Bigest Brother Fan ever
21-05-2013, 10:24 AM
They recently extended it if I remember correctly.
No they extended the contract for big brother and its spin off's till 2014 But they might not be in elstree if they dont re-new the planning permission for the house.

Jarrod
21-05-2013, 11:20 AM
No they extended the contract for big brother and its spin off's till 2014 But they might not be in elstree if they dont re-new the planning permission for the house.

Actually, the have renewed the licence for the exterior production base meaning the show will be staying at Elstree Studios for at least another two years if they renew their contract for the show again.

Instead, they opted to create a new ‘production village’ for the Channel 5 revival, by installing 30 portacabins around the house, as well as a permanent outdoor set for the live shows.

However, it now appears that the show won’t move back, as executives have submitted an application to local authority Hertsmere Borough Council seeking to keep the portacabins in place for another three years.

Read more: http://www.bbspy.co.uk/bb13/news/0318/big-brother-looks-set-to-keep-outdoor-production-base#ixzz2TvPrmX2d

So, the House is looking like it's going to stay, they wouldn't have spent money on the production base if they weren't going to keep the house at Elstree.

Samm
21-05-2013, 03:07 PM
If they have a longer teaser teaser some people could know about or If they advertise it like they do for the celebrity series

Patrick
21-05-2013, 05:55 PM

You're an 08 member, shocked you can't remember the old TiBB where threads like this happened on a daily basis - none of this 'omg look wat ben n dezzy did on holiday!!1' sh*te.

Patrick
21-05-2013, 05:58 PM

This 110%

@bbuk_fans
21-05-2013, 06:04 PM
This 110%

It's not a flop. Give it time, it's only been less than a week since the promos began.

Patrick
21-05-2013, 06:08 PM
No, I said I agree with what Jordan said - that Channel 5 honestly don't have the public attention and respect Channel 4 did.

Channel 4 had the power to release a 2 second advert of flowers falling - and people instantly right away clicked that it was Big Brother - Channel 4 could do that.

Channel 5 are lucky to even have any viewers considering all they do is screen old westerns on Sundays and Lorraine - so they can't get away with wasting weeks of marketing by because they're relying on small little silly teasers on their silly channel, to pull in any sort of hype.

@bbuk_fans
21-05-2013, 06:12 PM
No, I said I agree with what Jordan said - that Channel 5 honestly don't have the public attention and respect Channel 4 did.

Channel 4 had the power to release a 2 second advert of flowers falling - and people instantly right away clicked that it was Big Brother - Channel 4 could do that.

Channel 5 are lucky to even have any viewers considering all they do is screen old westerns on Sundays and Lorraine - so they can't get away with wasting weeks of marketing by because they're relying on small little silly teasers on their silly channel, to pull in any sort of hype.

Once they start advertising on ITV and get billboards out they will get all the hype without a doubt, it's because channel 5 is a dead space for anything except Big Brother for it's target audience (16-35)

Jarrod
21-05-2013, 06:15 PM

The thing is, Channel 5 don't need to pull in the ratings Channel 4 did back in lets say 2006 or even 2010. We moaned last year because they didn't give us a C4 style advertising campaign which is why this year they are doing and it still doesn't seem to pull in viewers.

Channel 5's entertainment schedule pulls in enough viewers to make some form of revenue and money which is why the 1 Million+ viewers who watch Big Brother is enough - Because it's the highest rating show on the channel and has been since it moved in 2011. They can get away with wasting weeks on little teasers because they are actually working. There is a huge amount of interest on Twitter and Facebook if you look, people are intrigued.

Also, I thought Lorraine was shown on ITV?

Marsh.
21-05-2013, 06:21 PM
You're an 08 member, shocked you can't remember the old TiBB where threads like this happened on a daily basis - none of this 'omg look wat ben n dezzy did on holiday!!1' sh*te.

I can remember, but I've never understood the need to get angry and OTT about when the eye is released.

I understand excitement but you take it a tad too far.

Patrick
21-05-2013, 06:29 PM
I can remember, but I've never understood the need to get angry and OTT about when the eye is released.

I understand excitement but you take it a tad too far.

You really need to leave this forum.

The thing is, Channel 5 don't need to pull in the ratings Channel 4 did back in lets say 2006 or even 2010. We moaned last year because they didn't give us a C4 style advertising campaign which is why this year they are doing and it still doesn't seem to pull in viewers.

Channel 5's entertainment schedule pulls in enough viewers to make some form of revenue and money which is why the 1 Million+ viewers who watch Big Brother is enough - Because it's the highest rating show on the channel and has been since it moved in 2011. They can get away with wasting weeks on little teasers because they are actually working. There is a huge amount of interest on Twitter and Facebook if you look, people are intrigued.

Also, I thought Lorraine was shown on ITV?

It really is not that many - at all, especially not on Facebook and I can promise you that now. :laugh:

Jarrod
21-05-2013, 06:32 PM

It really is not that many - at all, especially not on Facebook and I can promise you that now. :laugh:

Maybe not your Facebook - I've got a lot of people talking about it on mine.

Marsh.
21-05-2013, 06:32 PM

Too bad. :dance:

arista
21-05-2013, 06:42 PM
Lil Pat

Needs a Slap

Bigest Brother Fan ever
21-05-2013, 06:58 PM
You see this is what the internet does lol, We see the eye before most casual viewers as Fan sites get it at midnight etc, So we all get angry because we expect to see it. Then we don't.

I can remember the good old channel 4 day's where I wouldn't know what the eye, House or DR chair would look like until launch night because I never had internet lol or really watched TV untill BB and I'm a celeb etc..

Marsh.
21-05-2013, 07:09 PM
I can remember the good old channel 4 day's where I wouldn't know what the eye, House or DR chair would look like until launch night because I never had internet lol or really watched TV untill BB and I'm a celeb etc..

This. Launch night really did feel like an event back then because not only was the show still exciting but I didn't know anything about the series before it aired, from the way any of it looked to any planned twists etc.

But I also remember back in the early years when I used to forget all about BB between series and then suddenly see an eye flash on channel 4 and sit up and think "Oh my god, is it that time already?". :laugh:

Bigest Brother Fan ever
21-05-2013, 07:23 PM
But I also remember back in the early years when I used to forget all about BB between series and then suddenly see an eye flash on channel 4 and sit up and think "Oh my god, is it that time already?". :laugh:

THIS^

Kizzy
21-05-2013, 07:27 PM
I purposefully don't read anything or enter threads that might spoil the surprise :eek: really looking forward to it :D