PDA

View Full Version : Surely housemates must be in hiding by now?

Headie
23-05-2013, 05:58 PM
With news of some house details and the theme for the series being confirmed as 'Secrets & Lies', surely the housemates aren't supposed to know about all of this stuff? Especially the 'Secrets & Lies' twist as that's something that is going to affect the whole series.

But usually they get told about being housemates about 2 weeks before Launch, and as of today it appears to be 3 weeks away from Launch Night.

Mystic Mock
23-05-2013, 06:01 PM
I'm not sure anymore as Ch5 are so incompetent it's unbelievable.

I also wish that BB would go back to old school instead of this Secrets & Lies stuff which make it sound like one of those scripted Reality shows in America.

Petershaw1984
23-05-2013, 06:21 PM
they must be in hiding, havent they?

Marcus.
23-05-2013, 06:24 PM
aye they should be now

Headie
23-05-2013, 06:26 PM
Time to do some Twitter digging then :hugesmile:

Marcus.
23-05-2013, 06:28 PM
Time to do some Twitter digging then :hugesmile:

aye do it hb123

Tregard
23-05-2013, 06:31 PM
Guaranteed.

Petershaw1984
23-05-2013, 06:34 PM
there is no way they would want to spoil the twists by allowing them to see whats been released so far.
unless of course its gunna be more scripted than ever and they will all be in on it

Brekkie
23-05-2013, 06:41 PM
If everybody is going into the house with a secret they know they have to protect nothing leaked so far spoils anything.

daniel-lewis-1985
23-05-2013, 07:02 PM
Usually its not a big deal but with such a big twist and the whole series relying on it with the promo they would have to be in hiding for it to work.

Unless Channel 5 are that stupid and the housemates are still sat at home reading all this.

Marcus.
23-05-2013, 07:09 PM
Usually its not a big deal but with such a big twist and the whole series relying on it with the promo they would have to be in hiding for it to work.

Unless Channel 5 are that stupid and the housemates are still sat at home reading all this.

that would be silly

BBDodge
23-05-2013, 11:48 PM
Tom from BB12 is answering questions over on DS. In his year he only found out he was going in 2 weeks before launch and only went into hiding (on the outskirts of London) a week before launch.

So I would doubt anyone is in hiding yet (assuming a 2nd week of June launch date). Maybe they have been told they are going in.

Brekkie
24-05-2013, 09:52 PM
I think it's too early for them to be in hiding unless the switch to the 13th June really was last minute and HMs had already been put in hiding.

The promo campaign does as a good promo campaign should do - it hints at a lot but actually reveals virtually nothing.

Patrick
24-05-2013, 09:55 PM
LOL wat is this 2006

daniel-lewis-1985
24-05-2013, 11:17 PM
They will basically have the game sussed already if they aint in hiding.

I hate it when all they do is speculate what BB is going to do next and that could really backfire this year.

ruiphillips
25-05-2013, 07:26 AM
Tom from the CH5 era revealed that they don't go into hiding until a week before the launch. Also, he said they were constantly followed by a person.

Brekkie
25-05-2013, 06:54 PM
They will basically have the game sussed already if they aint in hiding.

I hate it when all they do is speculate what BB is going to do next and that could really backfire this year.
Nothing to suss - all they essentially know is that Big Brother will be Secret Story this year, and they'll obviously already know they're carrying a secret which has got them through the audition process.

It doesn't matter at all if HMs go into the house knowing other HMs have a secret or that BB has secrets too - they won't be in a position to do anything about that until they go in, and won't know exactly how it all works either - so whether they find out the theme now or during the launch show it makes no difference.

waterhog
25-05-2013, 07:06 PM
i agree brekkie - and once they go in and are cut off - they have no clue what is going on - can not wait.

daniel-lewis-1985
25-05-2013, 08:38 PM
Nothing to suss - all they essentially know is that Big Brother will be Secret Story this year, and they'll obviously already know they're carrying a secret which has got them through the audition process.

It doesn't matter at all if HMs go into the house knowing other HMs have a secret or that BB has secrets too - they won't be in a position to do anything about that until they go in, and won't know exactly how it all works either - so whether they find out the theme now or during the launch show it makes no difference.

Erm....No.

Housemates should be completely oblivious when they enter in my opinion.

They should think they are just going into a house with 13 other chosen people.

Instead they have seen all these promos about secrets and tweets about secret doors and a big surprise.

To me that will spoil the whole surprise element and now they know something big is happening this year all we will see is the housemates constantly speculating which is just annoying to watch.

You want the housemates to throw themselves into the experience not spend 3 months trying to second guess BB.

Brekkie
25-05-2013, 09:11 PM
Whether they're in hiding for three weeks or three hours they'll be spending three months second guessing Big Brother - they've little else to do when they're in there.

The only thing that ruins the secrets twist is if any of the secrets themselves leak before the HMs are in hiding - and then I do fear once the series begins you'll get one knob from the press going to Tesco's with a loud speaker to reveal them all.