PDA

View Full Version : have 5 realised they screwed up?

Petershaw1984
23-05-2013, 06:30 PM
have channel 5 realised that by being all camp and flamboyant as they have been for the last few series isnt helping the show?

ive a feeling that we are going back to big brother of old, where housemates are in hiding for weeks and they dont have any contact re the show.

the changes they have made to the advertising is in my opinion a stroke of genius and is getting us all guessing.

the new name, big brother: secret and lies, is another giant stride in ridding itself of its old reputation.
the presenters yes even rylan will be brilliant.

ive a feeling big brother will now thrive on channel five and go on for many more years as its such a cash cow why would they want to risk losing it by being silly .

i dont think ive been as genuinley looking forward to a series as i have this one.

i just feel that the way they treat big brother in the past and the feedback they have got must have made them realise that they could do so much more with the show and are doing.

Headie
23-05-2013, 06:33 PM
No I think it's just Ben Frow listening to the fans and taking a new direction with the show. If Ben Frow wasn't the director, I don't think we would've got Live Feed/Emma hosting/Secrets & Lies twist etc.

Marcus.
23-05-2013, 06:33 PM
i think they may thought this is going wrong let take it different way

BBDodge
23-05-2013, 06:35 PM
BB12 & 13 underperformed compared to the C4 series and compared to the CBBs that 5 have produced.

The show needed improvement.

Petershaw1984
23-05-2013, 06:36 PM
BB12 & 13 underperformed compared to the C4 series and compared to the CBBs that 5 have produced.

The show needed improvement.

........and fast

Mystic Mock
23-05-2013, 06:36 PM
We'll see if Ch5 have truly redeemed themselves when the series airs, until then I want to wait and see before getting too excited.

BringItOn
23-05-2013, 06:40 PM
Meh I'm not buying any of it yet. If I tune in the first second of launch night and I see a cheesy musical montage I'm gone haha

Not convinced one bit yet.

JohnnyBB
23-05-2013, 06:45 PM
Meh I'm not buying any of it yet. If I tune in the first second of launch night and I see a cheesy musical montage I'm gone haha

Not convinced one bit yet.

i agree with you i wont trust anything this could be worser than biggest brother ever statement.

DigitalSid
23-05-2013, 06:49 PM
As I said earlier there's a difference between a generic 'biggest and best yet' hype line and revealing a whole theme and series sub-title, serious changes are clearly being made, wait till June before you judge them sure, but there's cynical and then there's deluded.

Fat.Rat
23-05-2013, 09:29 PM
This feels good, it feels like the pre bb5 hype when channel 4 knew they had screwed up with ''going back to basics'' for bb4 and we all know that failed miserably, and we all know that bb5 is one of/or the best series going, so i feel good for this series I think bb will have a re-birth like it did 9 years ago and be one of the best.

ruiphillips
24-05-2013, 05:40 AM
The new chief of Ch5 smelt what was going on and sorted out the mess.

aj2463
25-05-2013, 07:55 PM
I still want it to be a fun show but i don't want any montage's or any dancers on launch, want it to be a bit more classier, especially with Emma as the new host, shouldn't be hard

smeagol
26-05-2013, 07:00 AM
i hope they tone down the campness of it all and get away from the game show style they tried to make it. but that was down to who was in charge.
i dont think they messed up though last series was one of the most interesting ever bb's the normal bb that is. not the celeb junk

waterhog
26-05-2013, 01:10 PM
have channel 5 realised that by being all camp and flamboyant as they have been for the last few series isnt helping the show?

ive a feeling that we are going back to big brother of old, where housemates are in hiding for weeks and they dont have any contact re the show.

the changes they have made to the advertising is in my opinion a stroke of genius and is getting us all guessing.

the new name, big brother: secret and lies, is another giant stride in ridding itself of its old reputation.
the presenters yes even rylan will be brilliant.

ive a feeling big brother will now thrive on channel five and go on for many more years as its such a cash cow why would they want to risk losing it by being silly .

i dont think ive been as genuinley looking forward to a series as i have this one.

i just feel that the way they treat big brother in the past and the feedback they have got must have made them realize that they could do so much more with the show and are doing.

i echo all what you have said - the past ones on ch5 have been dyer and i think the realization is they now have to go back to the recipe and let it roll as the good old days.

this show is not all about having someone popular and just focusing on that the whole time they are in there which i feel was the mistake they made with deadwood -

by implementing these changes it will give the viewer a bigger variety and it will not become repetitive and boring this way.

well done ch5 - keep up with the ideas - make the house mates have to work for there food and keep playing with there minds.

this is a game of physiology.

mkbb
26-05-2013, 01:36 PM
i hope they tone down the campness of it all and get away from the game show style they tried to make it. but that was down to who was in charge.
i dont think they messed up though last series was one of the most interesting ever bb's the normal bb that is. not the celeb junk

The psychological gameshow aspect is the classiest aspect of the whole show. That wasnt the problem the problem was that they were turning it into a family fourtune, high or lower type game show. They went the wrong way with it.

Lwize
26-05-2013, 10:03 PM
I'm glad for the retrenchment. Ch5 was on the verge of turning BBUK into BBUSA! The horror!

:O