PDA

View Full Version : The Formats Changed According to Endemol this is not Just a twist..

JohnnyBB
24-05-2013, 01:22 PM
Big Brother is to return to Channel 5 in June with a series of format tweaks focussing the show around themes of suspicion and secrets.

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/broadcasters/big-brother-returns-with-secret-format/5056745.article#.UZ9oIVLfumo.twitter

lostalex
24-05-2013, 01:24 PM
Secret Story?

FgRaRrZwIVk

DigitalSid
24-05-2013, 01:29 PM
Format tweaks for this series, nothing is set in stone, they may do a few secrets based series like France or they may just do the one and go back to normal.

DigitalSid
24-05-2013, 01:30 PM
Full article (http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDUQqQIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.broadcastnow.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fb roadcasters%2Fbig-brother-returns-with-secret-format%2F5056745.article&ei=YGufUanmNeea1AXTroFI&usg=AFQjCNFeei1eb3Rqjl0ZbB70j3tqX3Pirw&sig2=Rk1tBtFWxWc2v_DMBTuUTQ&bvm=bv.47008514,d.d2k)

(Don't post the full text here, the content is subscriber restricted)

Jack_
24-05-2013, 01:33 PM
No public vote plz

JohnnyBB
24-05-2013, 01:38 PM
well that confirms celeb big bro then, main series ending in mid-August ahead of the celebrity series which finishes in mid-September.

Jordan.
24-05-2013, 01:40 PM
Ffs I said this yesterday... This series is gonna feel like spin off of the main series cause everything will resolve around this twist :bored:

DigitalSid
24-05-2013, 01:43 PM
Ffs I said this yesterday... This series is gonna feel like spin off of the main series cause everything will resolve around this twist :bored:

It really won't. If it follows other secret centred versions, each housemate will have one secret, and there will be a reward for everyone to uncover those of the others. That might be enough to dominate a week or two or one night a week throughout, but it's not enough to dominate 70 hours of programming (not including LF, BOTS).

lostalex
24-05-2013, 01:51 PM
BBUSA did a season where every housemate had a secret partner, i think it was season 6. it actually worked pretty well. I liked it.

BBDodge
24-05-2013, 02:02 PM
Gimmick.

lostalex
24-05-2013, 02:11 PM
Gimmick.

big brother itself is a gimmick. watching people in a house is a gimmick in and of itself.

Josy
24-05-2013, 02:23 PM
No public vote plz

That would completely defeat the purpose of the whole show, why would people even bother watching if they couldn't vote for their favourite housemates.

Eh who goes/stays? Who cares you wont be deciding anyway hahahaha.

Jack_
24-05-2013, 02:26 PM
That would completely defeat the purpose of the whole show, why would people even bother watching if they couldn't vote for their favourite housemates.

You don't have to be able to have an influence to want to watch the show...BBUS has survived as long as our show has without one.

The public make crap decisions anyway, let the housemates decide for themselves...if they're changing the format to include secrets and lies may as well just make it a game completely, I'd be up for that as a trial for one series.

Niamh.
24-05-2013, 02:26 PM

:laugh2:

True though

Jack_
24-05-2013, 02:27 PM
Y'all need to watch BBUS or CAN, I felt the same until I actually gave it a try, it's far superior.

Josy
24-05-2013, 02:31 PM
You don't have to be able to have an influence to want to watch the show...BBUS has survived as long as our show has without one.

The public make crap decisions anyway, let the housemates decide for themselves...if they're changing the format to include secrets and lies may as well just make it a game completely, I'd be up for that as a trial for one series.

This is BB UK not US.

The public have always had an influence here since the show began Jack, that was the whole appeal of it along with the social experiment aspect of it.

And thats only your opinion that the public make crap decisions anyway, it's the same old debate every year along with what makes an entertaining house mate, it's all down to individual preference, people vote to save who they like and thats that really just because you disagree with them doesnt mean it's a crap decision.

And if they change the game completely then it's not BB any more.

mkbb
24-05-2013, 02:39 PM
Y'all need to watch BBUS or CAN, I felt the same until I actually gave it a try, it's far superior.

With the lack of live feed I would trust the housemates to make a more informed decision on who to evict compared to the public.

DigitalSid
24-05-2013, 02:42 PM

It's really not. It's not as bad as some on here like to make out, but give me BBUK over it any day. Out of the several times I've given it a try (every other year since it started pretty much) only twice have I not got bored after the first three weeks. I hope to try and watch all the English language ones this year (still haven't caught up on the most recent BBAU or first BBCAN), but if it gets too much (as it did last year), BBUS will probably be the first one I drop.

arista
24-05-2013, 02:43 PM

Feck Me

You have Gone yank

lostalex
24-05-2013, 02:47 PM
I LOVE BB US, but i also love BB Uk, and i don;t want BBUK to change. I like having 2 totally different BB's to watch, and i love them both.

They really are 2 totally different shows.

BBUS is a pure strategic and intellectual game, only 3 episodes a week, and the competitions are cut throat for power and survival.

BBUK is a purely social game, an hour every single day, and the tasks are just for fun and food, there is no real power or influence to be won from them.

The 2 shows are completely different, but they are both good.

Jack_
24-05-2013, 03:00 PM
This is BB UK not US.

The public have always had an influence here since the show began Jack, that was the whole appeal of it along with the social experiment aspect of it.

And thats only your opinion that the public make crap decisions anyway, it's the same old debate every year along with what makes an entertaining house mate, it's all down to individual preference, people vote to save who they like and thats that really just because you disagree with them doesnt mean it's a crap decision.

And if they change the game completely then it's not BB any more.

And? Formats can change over time, just because it's a programme made in the UK it doesn't mean it always has to keep the format it began with. It if changed format it'd still be BBUK, just BBUK with a different format from the original.

Well if it makes the series less interesting and gives us all less to talk about on forums, spin-off shows, social media and in school and work, and then increases viewer apathy, and ratings decline as a result - then that is a crap decision. I've never understood voters going out of their way to make a show less interesting, especially hardcore fans...you're damaging the brand.

The last bit just isn't true either. The fundamental element of Big Brother is locking a bunch of people up in a house and filming them 24/7, what happens aside from that varies from country to country and version to version. But as long as they are living in a house and being filmed 24/7, it's Big Brother. Just because there's no public vote in the US it doesn't mean it's not Big Brother. It is, just a different format within it.

With the lack of live feed I would trust the housemates to make a more informed decision on who to evict compared to the public.

Exactly. And IMO, it requires a lot more skill to appease your fellow housemates enough to keep you than it does to appease the public.

Feck Me

You have Gone yank

Watch it arista. I said the same for years unfairly without giving it a try and I regret that, now I have and I'm converted. Our format has become stale (hence why they're clearly tweaking it a bit), I'd definitely be up for giving the US format a trial run. I'd like to see British people trying to play that game.

I'm not saying I dislike the UK format, I don't...I've watched it for seven years, but I think trialling the US format would be worth a go.

DigitalSid
24-05-2013, 03:08 PM
Watch it arista. I said the same for years unfairly without giving it a try and I regret that, now I have and I'm converted. Our format has become stale (hence why they're clearly tweaking it a bit), I'd definitely be up for giving the US format a trial run. I'd like to see British people trying to play that game.

I'm not saying I dislike the UK format, I don't...I've watched it for seven years, but I think trialling the US format would be worth a go.

The US format would never work in the UK, if anyone so much as farts over here they're accused of playing a game (on a gameshow) and evicted as if that's a bad thing.

zakman440
24-05-2013, 03:10 PM
I won't mind if they have changed it back to how it used to be on C4 or like BBAU but with a Vote To Evict/Save combo.

Jack_
24-05-2013, 03:13 PM
The US format would never work in the UK, if anyone so much as farts over here they're accused of playing a game (on a gameshow) and evicted as if that's a bad thing.

It wouldn't work at present because there's never really been any show/game without a public vote (I think there was a Survivor UK but I'm not sure of anything else) and that's strictly a game, the public aren't used to it. But that's not an excuse to not try it, you have to start somewhere with everything...

And I know that, but the housemates would have to adapt to the format.