PDA

View Full Version : What Davina like elements should Emma adopt?

Fenn
06-06-2013, 08:45 PM
I'd quite like to see a return of the house tour on launch :) Is this likely?

zakman440
06-06-2013, 08:47 PM
House tour, laidback presenting and the 'live on channel 5' catchphrase.

@bbuk_fans
06-06-2013, 09:35 PM
I would like to hope she is laidback, feels free to move slightly away from the script and ad-lib a bit. The ad-libs allow the personalities to shine through the script.

PecsLova
07-06-2013, 04:45 PM
I would like to hope she is laidback, feels free to move slightly away from the script and ad-lib a bit. The ad-libs allow the personalities to shine through the script.

I agree with this, I think the ad-libs make the scripted stuff not seem too scripted if you know what I mean. It was one of the downfalls of Brian's presenting unfortunately was that it sounded too much like he was just reading the auto cue with not much spontaneity.

Also I would love to see the return of the witty (and sometimes not so witty) one liners before each live show just before the credits roll.

"You know what? Britain's not got talent" will always remain one of my favourites hehe.

Lee.
07-06-2013, 04:47 PM
She should get a normal, bearable voice

smeagol
07-06-2013, 04:55 PM
interviews while wearing a bakini

kingston
07-06-2013, 04:57 PM
I'd love for Emma to start the show with something like Davina did during BB3... She's sitting somewhere in the house casually and says something like "I've been expecting you"... The credits roll and we get a quick shot of the crowd and the outdoor set and we return to Emma in the house who sets up the series theme and gives us a house tour... Commercial and then we go outside for the first HM...

BIRDisTHEword
07-06-2013, 07:43 PM
I'm hoping with the launch show being spread over two nights that they'll have time for a tour this year, depends on the twists they're planning though.

Josy
07-06-2013, 08:11 PM
A house tour would be great but other than that she should be herself and not try to act like anyone else.

Gstar
07-06-2013, 08:16 PM
House tour

cheeky_monkey
07-06-2013, 08:20 PM
Big Brother House tour :D

Hope Emma says ''Big Brother House, this is Emma. You are live on Channel 5; please do not swear.'' :D

armand.kay
07-06-2013, 08:53 PM
opening lines :love: >>>

kingston
07-06-2013, 08:58 PM
A house tour would be great but other than that she should be herself and not try to act like anyone else.

I agree however the two are very similar and with Emma being such a big fan of the show, it would be nice if she gave a nod to Davina now and again... She is obviously someone Emma looks up to and probably looked to for inspiration from when she was just starting out...

little.lilly
07-06-2013, 10:11 PM
She really needs to do a house tour. And hopefully she's just more real. Brian was too fake and relied on autocue.

aman201
08-06-2013, 11:38 AM
None, maybe a house tour. That's it.

joeysteele
08-06-2013, 11:43 AM
None at all for me.

Marsh.
08-06-2013, 03:22 PM
I don't think Emma herself should purposely try to emulate any Davina traits, as someone already said, she should just be herself.

But the live shows themselves should bring back some of the more successful elements of Davina's shows like the house tour.

_Seth
08-06-2013, 03:52 PM
Nothing.

I'd say house tour but that's not really personality/presenting-style related.

KingBergkamp
08-06-2013, 04:05 PM
First of she needs to stamp her own ways on BB14. If she goes the way I think she will and keep fanboys and girls happy by been a Davina Clone. She's screwed. She needs to be brave and stamp her own style on the show.

She needs to control the crowd during eviction interviews and not show favouritism to housemates. Not giggle like a schoolgirl at the fake romances.

She needs to be commanding during interviews if we have another Conor type this year. Not back down if the interview gets tough also be a laugh when the right moment comes along.

She needs to be Emma not Davina basically.

ruiphillips
08-06-2013, 04:15 PM
1. House tour
2. Suddenly bursting into a random conversation
3. And forgetting that she is on TV.

Shaun
08-06-2013, 04:16 PM
none because she's not davina...

Marsh.
08-06-2013, 05:40 PM
First of she needs to stamp her own ways on BB14. If she goes the way I think she will and keep fanboys and girls happy by been a Davina Clone. She's screwed. She needs to be brave and stamp her own style on the show.

She needs to control the crowd during eviction interviews and not show favouritism to housemates. Not giggle like a schoolgirl at the fake romances.

She needs to be commanding during interviews if we have another Conor type this year. Not back down if the interview gets tough also be a laugh when the right moment comes along.

She needs to be Emma not Davina basically.

That type of interview is never going to happen. Paxman could host BB and he would still be restricted in an interview by a producer written script.

Marcus.
08-06-2013, 05:43 PM
none

KingBergkamp
08-06-2013, 05:46 PM
That type of interview is never going to happen. Paxman could host BB and he would still be restricted in an interview by a producer written script.

They need to get Paxman In so. He slap a few of them writers into shape :D

Tony1111
09-06-2013, 12:23 PM
Brian stuck to the auto cue too much and what little ad-libs he had were either a bad pun, flirting or innuendo. I am hoping Emma gets more free reign to do her own thing and isn't too strictly keeping to the cue. As long as she keeps it flowing she can basically just have a chat to the audience in between like Davina did. She can explain the events of the house and call out the results and talk about phone lines and all that but in between that is when she can be more informal and casually talk about the house or too the audience in her own way though not emulating Davina but she can bring a bit more personality to the show. :)

swinearefine
09-06-2013, 01:57 PM
I'm more hoping she drops some Brian like elements, like I hope she doesn't wear clothes that are 5 sizes too small or sexually harass every male in sight.

kingston
10-06-2013, 07:53 PM
TBH I don't have a problem with Emma being similar to Davina and actually I really hope she is... However there is a fine line between acting as a Davina clone and having a naturally similar style of presenting...

I'm looking for Emma to have the same naturally flowing, easy going, and laid back style that Davina had... Emma obviously looked up to and admired Davina and has a great respect for the role Davina played in BB so I wouldn't mind if Emma used some of her catch phrases either...

I think the biggest difference should be is that Davina will always be "Big Mother" and will always be the ultimate BB presenter... In many ways you never really knew where BB stopped and Davina began... Emma on the other hand is the ultimate BB FAN... I'd like to see her fill a "Big Sister" role taking on a slightly cheekier approach... Kind of like a bratty younger sibling would act but still acting in a way that isn't annoying and professional manner... Sort of like she is doing or reveling things in a way that maybe she shouldn't... Or asking questions of the evicted HM's that Davina wouldn't have but still in the same friendly manner Davina would have... Even the way she talks to the HM's on eviction night could be a lot more laid back without having a full-on conversation... Overall I see her being more of an Ultimate Insider or sibling figure rather than the shows matriarch and that is how she can avoid seeming too much like Davina...

kingston
10-06-2013, 07:54 PM
TBH I don't have a problem with Emma being similar to Davina and actually I really hope she is... However there is a fine line between acting as a Davina clone and having a naturally similar style of presenting...

I'm looking for Emma to have the same naturally flowing, easy going, and laid back style that Davina had... Emma obviously looked up to and admired Davina and has a great respect for the role Davina played in BB so I wouldn't mind if Emma used some of her catch phrases either...

I think the biggest difference should be is that Davina will always be "Big Mother" and will always be the ultimate BB presenter... In many ways you never really knew where BB stopped and Davina began... Emma on the other hand is the ultimate BB FAN... I'd like to see her fill a "Big Sister" role taking on a slightly cheekier approach... Kind of like a bratty younger sibling would act but still acting in a way that isn't annoying and professional manner... Sort of like she is doing or reveling things in a way that maybe she shouldn't... Or asking questions of the evicted HM's that Davina wouldn't have but still in the same friendly manner Davina would have... Even the way she talks to the HM's on eviction night could be a lot more laid back without having a full-on conversation... Overall I see her being more of an Ultimate Insider or sibling figure rather than the shows matriarch and that is how she can avoid seeming too much like Davina...