PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed in Dexter...

jet
11-07-2013, 01:40 AM
Since he came out of the secret room. Before he went in, I disliked him at first, then liked him a bit more. When he was in the secret room, I warmed to him as I thought he was more intelligent and less vindictive than Gina (though she was funny with it!). I was really starting to like him.
But since he has come out he has been strutting around like he's the untouchable king of the castle, imparting his words of wisdom on lesser mortals and generally relishing his moment of power and rubbing it in. His con - man tendencies are being brought to the fore once again. If any other male in the house behaved like that they would be torn apart. I just don't get it - what is it about Dexter that gives him an easy pass? :conf:

the truth
11-07-2013, 01:44 AM
Since he came out of the secret room. Before he went in, I disliked him at first, then liked him a bit more. When he was in the secret room, I warmed to him as I thought he was more intelligent and less vindictive than Gina (though she was funny with it!). I was really starting to like him.
But since he has come out he has been strutting around like he's the untouchable king of the castle, imparting his words of wisdom on lesser mortals and generally relishing his moment of power and rubbing it in. His con - man tendencies are being brought to the fore once again. If any other male in the house behaved like that they would be torn apart. I just don't get it - what is it about Dexter that gives him an easy pass? :conf:

what?

toronto_matt
11-07-2013, 03:08 AM
huh?

Lwize
11-07-2013, 03:52 AM
Dexter can't strut. Thread fail.

thesheriff443
11-07-2013, 06:41 AM
Dexter can't strut. Thread fail.

with 5 threads yourself you are hardly an expert!
dexter is getting away with it because no one takes him seriously he is a small guy so he looks child like as he wonders round the house.

fingers
11-07-2013, 08:05 AM

Spot on! He is employing all his (considerable) con man experience once again and the selfishness is showing through again i.e. £25 out of the food budget so that he can get another bottle of Champers.:wavey:

actor99
11-07-2013, 09:48 AM
Dexter is Dexter. for the show ONLY. outside the house no way. Gina for the win. I just don't know who Dexter is. I would have loved Charlie to win . but I dough it very much now

smeagol
11-07-2013, 09:55 AM
no he is doing a fine job of using the power and what he has heard and seen .without guns blazing. he is nice to those who deserve it , i think he is very diplomatic and smart.
its like the smart opposite of spedi.

Vanessa
11-07-2013, 09:58 AM
Yes, Dexter is doing great so far. It's the opposite actually. Housemates are pissed off that he's not spilling the beans. :laugh:

CaudleHalbard
11-07-2013, 10:41 AM
Yes, Dexter is doing great so far. It's the opposite actually. Housemates are pissed off that he's not spilling the beans. :laugh:

He actually has more power by not spilling the beans. The HMs think he knows far more than he, in reality, does.

Dexter is rapidly becoming my favourite HM. I look forward to his appearances on the show, which wasn't always the case.

Vanessa
11-07-2013, 10:43 AM
He actually has more power by not spilling the beans. The HMs think he knows far more than he, in reality, does.

Dexter is rapidly becoming my favourite HM. I look forward to his appearances on the show, which wasn't always the case.

I love him! He's so unpredictable! Never a dull moment with him! :worship:

fingers
11-07-2013, 10:51 AM
What was it he said in his VT? Oh right " I can buy and sell these people, that's my business"
Well the inept way Mr. Publicist is coming across right now he couldn't convince Richard Branson that he owns Virgin Atlantic.

Edit: If he went on to the Apprentice show he'd be laughed off the set on the first night!

MrWong
11-07-2013, 11:10 AM
He was great in the safe house but in one night he's ruined it and managed to annoy half the house.

Even Gina's pissed at him.

karezza
11-07-2013, 11:16 AM
How can anyone be disappointed in Dexter? He is causing chaos and drama.
I am disappointed in Sophie/Charlie/Callum/Twins/Jackie.

Vanessa
11-07-2013, 11:18 AM

He has done nothing wrong. When you're in such a close space it can happen to develop feelings for someone else. But he won't act on them. I love his honesty.

Marc
11-07-2013, 11:19 AM
I was disappointed when he entered the house. What an awful person

HBB1508
11-07-2013, 11:28 AM

This - it is supposed to be an entertainment programme at the end of the day and Dexter is by far the most entertaining of them imo.

Vanessa
11-07-2013, 11:29 AM
This - it is supposed to be an entertainment programme at the end of the day and Dexter is by far the most entertaining of them imo.

Yes! He's the best housemate in there. TV gold. :hugesmile:

Vanessa
11-07-2013, 11:36 AM
I love his honesty. He tells what he thinks to people's faces. He has cleared the air with Daley and Hazel. I think Charlie is overreacting to be honest.

Tregard
11-07-2013, 11:42 AM
He is a great character

Vanessa
11-07-2013, 11:44 AM
He is a great character

He is. I love the guy! Very controversial, but it's all good.

Lex
11-07-2013, 11:53 AM
What another RUBBISH Dexter-hating thread...the lad's done nowt wrong!!!

.....to think I wasted a couple of precious minutes reading and commenting on it!:nono:

MrWong
11-07-2013, 12:08 PM
What another RUBBISH Dexter-hating thread...the lad's done nowt wrong!!!

.....to think I wasted a couple of precious minutes reading and commenting on it!:nono:

Huh?

In one night he's managed to rile up Jackie, Callum and one of the twins re the alcohol. Then pissed off Daley because he was speaking to Hazel. Pissed off Hazel for speaking his mind (even tho she made out she was grateful for the info) and pissed off Gina, someone he'd grown closer to.

Vanessa
11-07-2013, 12:10 PM
Huh?

In one night he's managed to rile up Jackie, Callum and one of the twins re the alcohol. Then pissed off Daley because he was speaking to Hazel. Pissed off Hazel for speaking his mind (even tho she made out she was grateful for the info) and pissed off Gina, someone he'd grown closer to.

They all nominate him every week anyway. Why should he care? I say he should go for it. Tell them what he thinks. I like his honesty.

MrWong
11-07-2013, 12:13 PM
They all nominate him every week anyway. Why should he care? I say he should go for it. Tell them what he thinks. I like his honesty.

That wasn't the point I was making tho.

The poster said Dexter had done nowt wrong, I was pointing out that Dexter had a bad night last night and pissed a few people off.

Also, his honesty isn't very honest as he's so desperate to be friends with them (Daley and Hazel)

Vanessa
11-07-2013, 12:14 PM
That wasn't the point I was making tho.

The poster said Dexter had done nowt wrong, I was pointing out that Dexter had a bad night last night and pissed a few people off.

They all have arguments in there anyway. It will be fine i'm sure. They will clear the air eventually.

jet
11-07-2013, 12:20 PM
I don't hate Dexter - that's a strong word. My point is that if another male HM behaved him like he'd be blasted, yet Dex gets away with it with the fans and I don't get why that is.
Is it purely because he's entertaining (I agree that he is) or do people really LIKE him?

HBB1508
11-07-2013, 12:24 PM
I don't hate Dexter - that's a strong word. My point is that if another male HM behaved him like he'd be blasted, yet Dex gets away with it with the fans and I don't get why that is.
Is it purely because he's entertaining (I agree that he is) or do people really LIKE him?

All I can say is that I find him entertaining and interesting in the show - outside I don't think I would give him the time of day!

chuff me dizzy
11-07-2013, 12:33 PM
im so glad Dexter ,Gina have blown any chance they thought they had of winning ,as some predicted .the power of the safe house has gone to their heads ,and their downfall will be great to watch

Vanessa
11-07-2013, 12:34 PM
Well, i love his honesty. It makes a nice change from all the bitching. :hugesmile:

Brother Leon
11-07-2013, 01:00 PM
He was great in the safe house but in one night he's ruined it and managed to annoy half the house.

Even Gina's pissed at him.

Don't matter If Gina is pissed at him. She's hardly a proper allie in there anyway. As long as the public sees it for what it is, which is everyone making him the scapegoat again, then he will be fine.

Vanessa
11-07-2013, 01:01 PM
1:56pm: Charlie & Dexter are talking, and she says he has a mystery in his eyes.

I think Charlie really likes Dexter as a friend. They're sorting things out! :amazed:

Vanessa
11-07-2013, 01:02 PM
Don't matter If Gina is pissed at him. She's hardly a proper allie in there anyway. As long as the public sees it for what it is, which is everyone making him the scapegoat again, then he will be fine.

Agreed! Gina does not get him at all. I think Charlie understands him more.

Withano
11-07-2013, 01:09 PM
People get a bit beer-goggled when they have a favourite, he could kill a cat and the Dexter fans will find sources where Sophie may have done it too once so its okay and Dexter is still the best thing ever.

Truth is, he's not a nice man.

Vanessa
11-07-2013, 01:10 PM
I think he's even too nice sometimes. He never bitches or gets angry at anyone. I want to see him tell the housemates some home truth. Go on, Dexter! :devil:

chuff me dizzy
11-07-2013, 01:11 PM
People get a bit beer-goggled when they have a favourite, he could kill a cat and the Dexter fans will find sources where Sophie may have done it too once so its okay and Dexter is still the best thing ever.

:worship::flowers:

JTM45
11-07-2013, 01:11 PM
their downfall will be great to watch

Don't get excited. It's not going to happen. They're still as popular as they ever were, even more so if anything! :thumbs:

Vanessa
11-07-2013, 01:13 PM
Don't get excited. It's not going to happen. They're still as popular as they ever were, even more so if anything! :thumbs:

Dexter said that if they all nominate him again he will tell them what he really thinks of them. Omg! Can't wait for this! :worship:

fingers
11-07-2013, 01:16 PM

You're wasting your time!!:joker:

JTM45
11-07-2013, 01:17 PM
How stupid are they if they all nominate Dexter again! Chances are one of them will be up against him and Dexter isn't going home anytime soon!!!:hugesmile:

Vanessa
11-07-2013, 01:18 PM
How stupid are they if they all nominate Dexter again! Chances are one of them will be up against him and Dexter isn't going home anytime soon!!!:hugesmile:

Housemates still think Gina and Dexter are the most hated housemates outside. :joker:

chuff me dizzy
11-07-2013, 01:18 PM

You are allowed your dreams sunbeam ......... pity your dream is just that :idc:

Tozzie
11-07-2013, 01:50 PM
Dexter may be a little guy but he's a BIG character and I love him, I'm thanking him and Gina for making this years BB because without them I would have been switching off weeks ago

Vanessa
11-07-2013, 01:52 PM
Dexter may be a little guy but he's a BIG character and I love him, I'm thanking him and Gina for making this years BB because without them I would have been switching off weeks ago

I love him! he's so entertaining! Reminds me of Rex at the moment of ll people. :amazed:

Kizzy
11-07-2013, 01:57 PM
Hate the way he strokes daleys ego.... He should have been more assertive with him after talking to hazel in the tree house.
His lies about having feelings for charlie fell on deaf ears too :joker:

Ellen
11-07-2013, 02:04 PM
Hate the way he strokes daleys ego.... He should have been more assertive with him after talking to hazel in the tree house.
His lies about having feelings for charlie fell on deaf ears too :joker:

Yeah i didnt like that either but did laugh at Charlie's response :joker:

Vanessa
11-07-2013, 02:05 PM
Yeah i didnt like that either but did laugh at Charlie's response :joker:

I don't think it's a lie. He likes Charlie. But i have no idea why he's so close to Daley. I can't stand the guy. :nono:

MrWong
11-07-2013, 02:15 PM

Tonights highlights could show him as being really smarmy with Daley. Relishing his alone time with Hazel whilst reminding her that Gina dislikes her and awkwardly telling Charlie he fancies her when it's obvious he likes Hazel.

None of that has anything to do with scapegoating.

Ellen
11-07-2013, 02:19 PM
I don't think it's a lie. He likes Charlie. But i have no idea why he's so close to Daley. I can't stand the guy. :nono:

Im not saying he doesnt like Charlie but i am saying i dont believe he fancies her like he says. Like Callum says, Dexter doesnt do anything without something in it for him.

Vanessa
11-07-2013, 02:20 PM
Im not saying he doesnt like Charlie but i am saying i dont believe he fancies her like he says, like Callum says. Dexter doesnt do anything without something for him in it.

I think he likes her, but he has a girlfriend. So obviously nothing will happen.

Fosse
11-07-2013, 02:24 PM
This year's BB would be dead already without the Hobbit.

Vanessa
11-07-2013, 02:25 PM
This year's BB would be dead already without the Hobbit.

He's the only one who gets how nasty most of the housemates are. I don't blame him if he doesn't trust any of them to be honest. :hugesmile:

Kizzy
11-07-2013, 02:27 PM
Gina sees through them all and is honest in all her responses, dexter says what he thinks they want to hear... All he ever does is walk around shmoozing and placating.

pcro
11-07-2013, 02:31 PM
Spot on! He is employing all his (considerable) con man experience once again and the selfishness is showing through again i.e. £25 out of the food budget so that he can get another bottle of Champers.:wavey:

Aww come on. That's for pure comedy purposes. Dexter and Gina are showmen first and foremost. :joker:

Vanessa
11-07-2013, 02:32 PM
Aww come on. That's for pure comedy purposes. Dexter and Gina are showmen first and foremost. :joker:

Spot on! They're the entertainment. :cool:

Fosse
11-07-2013, 02:33 PM
I do think Dexter would have been better just not to say very much at all since the safe house was uncovered; let Gina make all the mistakes.

As for fancying Charlie, well, he should have kept that to himself also. I quite fancy her, too, but recognise she's just someone on the telly.

Vanessa
11-07-2013, 02:34 PM
I do think Dexter would have been better just not to say very much at all since the safe house was uncovered; let Gina make all the mistakes.

As for fancying Charlie, well, he should have kept that to himself also. I quite fancy her, too, but recognise she's just someone on the telly.

I admire his honesty and i think he'll be fine. At least he got that out of his system. :hugesmile:

Kazanne
11-07-2013, 02:37 PM
Gina sees through them all and is honest in all her responses, dexter says what he thinks they want to hear... All he ever does is walk around shmoozing and placating.

:joker: some people are deluded much when it comes to Dexter

Brother Leon
11-07-2013, 02:41 PM

Same Gina who spends her time calling them all cocksuckers and then being terrified of stating who they saved and replaced? Lol

Vanessa
11-07-2013, 02:43 PM
Same Gina who spends her time calling them all cocksuckers and then being terrified of stating who they saved and replaced? Lol

:joker: Point!

Kizzy
11-07-2013, 02:54 PM

She was far from terrified, it was a difficult decision and one they had to agree on obviously.
I have never seen her acting duplicitously, can we in all honesty say the same of dexter?...No.

Brother Leon
11-07-2013, 02:59 PM
She was far from terrified, it was a difficult decision and one they had to agree on obviously.
I have never seen her acting duplicitously, can we in all honesty say the same of dexter?...No.

Spent her time in the safehouse stating she hates them all and doesn't care about them. Was especially bold towards Jackie. Comes to putting Jackie up for Eviction and all of a sudden she goes into a shell and is all "Can't do it, you do it"...be real. Dexter is hardly up front, but Gina most definitely isn't either :joker: Let's not forget her telling Jackie it was a really tough decision when she made her mind up in like 2mins :joker:

Vanessa
11-07-2013, 03:00 PM
Spent her time in the safehouse stating she hates them all and doesn't care about them. Was especially bold towards Jackie. Comes to putting Jackie up for Eviction and all of a sudden she goes into a shell and is all "Can't do it, you do it"...be real. Dexter is hardly up front, but Gina most definitely isn't either :joker: Let's not forget her telling Jackie it was a really tough decision when she made her mind up in like 2mins :joker:

Agreed. I'm disappointed that Gina has wimped out. At least Dexter has no problem saying what he thinks. :hugesmile:

vortex
11-07-2013, 05:08 PM
Why did he have to spilled so much beans to Hazel though, ugh that really annoyed me.

Vanessa
11-07-2013, 05:09 PM
Why did he have to spilled so much beans to Hazel though, ugh that really annoyed me.

Because he's always honest. That's just the way he is. :)

DoM-h
11-07-2013, 05:17 PM
I think at this point, no one likes Dexter because he's a great humble guy. People like Dexter because he's entertaining to watch, logical and he doesn't take himself and/or the show too seriously. He's very self-aware he's not the best looking guy in the world, he's aware how people view him and he plays up to it in a tongue in cheek way.

Great housemate.

Vanessa
11-07-2013, 05:19 PM
I think at this point, no one likes Dexter because he's a great humble guy. People like Dexter because he's entertaining to watch, logical and he doesn't take himself and/or the show too seriously. He's very self-aware he's not the best looking guy in the world, he's aware how people view him and he plays up to it in a tongue in cheek way.

Great housemate.

He has very low self esteem. I think he's great and not bad looking at all. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :)

Jemal
11-07-2013, 05:21 PM
If Wolfy goes this week, dexters gone next week. Unlucky pimp.

Vanessa
11-07-2013, 05:22 PM
If Wolfy goes this week, dexters gone next week. Unlucky pimp.

You wish! Not going to happen. ;)

Inkyfingers
11-07-2013, 05:49 PM
I'm not keen on Dexter but I feel for him coz every time he opens his mouth he either says the wrong thing or the others automatically take exception to what he says and he just can't win.

Vanessa
11-07-2013, 05:52 PM
I'm not keen on Dexter but I feel for him coz every time he opens his mouth he either says the wrong thing or the others automatically take exception to what he says and he just can't win.

I know. They all pick on him. It's not fair, because i think his intentions are good. But he's not good in groups. He's this year Halfwit. :(

south12345
11-07-2013, 09:38 PM
Disliked him, liked him, disliked him, liked him.........now cant feckin stand him...

tricky
11-07-2013, 10:53 PM
Dexter is the type of bloke I can't stand. But tonight he came across as a man, with the Dazel situation. I can see him winning this series.

Vanessa
11-07-2013, 10:54 PM
Dexter is the type of bloke I can't stand. But tonight he came across as a man, with the Dazel situation. I can see him winning this series.

:dance:

Blue Cadillac
11-07-2013, 11:08 PM
I know. They all pick on him. It's not fair, because i think his intentions are good. But he's not good in groups. He's this year Halfwit. :(

I love Dexter, and he's my clear winner. He's basically damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't regarding the rest of the housemates. It doesn't matter what he says or does, he will always come out smelling of s***. But, I think the appeal for me is that he is smart, unique, often screws thing up, and tends to combine that with a touch of humour that entertains me like none of the other housemates could. And underneath his often embarrassing exterior, is a person whom I detect has fairly low self-worth. He's definitely the most inwardly intelligent housemate though, as far as I'm concerned, and brings a whole new meaning to the word 'Dexterity'!

Kizzy
11-07-2013, 11:39 PM
don't get it, he says the same thing to dozy dazel that callum and dan said days ago and suddenly it's a revelation to them that they are being perceived as getting 'too close'?
I wish he would stop speaking in metaphors all the time, just say what you mean man!
Gina has got a little more diplomatic in her tone with some, however she rarely sugars the pill... I like that.

smudgie
11-07-2013, 11:45 PM
What an absolute creep he is on live feed. Doing the exact same as Hazel and Daley....but then of course golden boy allegedly has a pass from his girlfriend. Can't recall her mentioning it on bots.

Jords
11-07-2013, 11:49 PM
What an absolute creep he is on live feed. Doing the exact same as Hazel and Daley....but then of course golden boy allegedly has a pass from his girlfriend. Can't recall her mentioning it on bots.

She said that she told him he has a "pass" but he doesnt really, just wanted to see if hed remain faithful or something.

Still he is being quite the hypocrite.

Kyle
11-07-2013, 11:52 PM
Which accessory would good old Dexter boy use Charlie for?

A girl for Arm candy?
A girl for taking out?
A girl for sex?
A girl for intellectual stimulation?
A girl to clip his toenails and wash his fluorescent socks?