PDA

View Full Version : Who exactly is the mother figure - Jackie or Charlie?

jet
11-07-2013, 02:10 AM
Charlie seems to be the 'mother' figure and Jackie the 'child' who is often told off. I'm not fond of either of them, but Charlie needs to lighten up and let her Mum be her own person, for better or worse. Charlie comes across as a bit of a fuddy - duddy and rather anal retentive.

Josy
11-07-2013, 02:14 AM
but Charlie needs to lighten up and let her Mum be her own person, for better or worse

Exact same can be said for Jackie she needs to go away and stop smothering Charlie 24/7, let Charlie do what she wants and stop treating her like a child she's 26/27 years old not 10.

Charlie is the way she is because of Jackie, it's her that makes Charlie come across as immature.

jet
11-07-2013, 02:24 AM
Exact same can be said for Jackie she needs to go away and stop smothering Charlie 24/7, let Charlie do what she wants and stop treating her like a child she's 26/27 years old not 10.

Charlie is the way she is because of Jackie, it's her that makes Charlie come across as immature.

She smothers Charlie 24/7? What evidence is there for that? She is protective about Charlie as regards Callum, which is understandable, but that is it as far as I have seen. She doesn't chastise Charlie for being herself otherwise - whereas Charlie puts Jackie down quite a bit for being herself...

Kizzy
11-07-2013, 02:25 AM
Jackie seems a bit of an overprotective mum, she was really worried about charlie going first so when the switch was announced you saw the relief wash across her face.

Indy
11-07-2013, 02:35 AM
Jackie seems a bit of an overprotective mum, she was really worried about charlie going first so when the switch was announced you saw the relief wash across her face.

Right after Gina interrupted her grousing and told her they thought she'd be happy to save Charlie...

bez87
11-07-2013, 11:50 AM
Jackie needs to go, boring old grumpy moaning old woman, she was ok at first but i honestly believe charlie would be a better character and let her hair down abit when her mum leaves because lets be honest how many of us would like to be stuck with their mums for that long without getting away. Jackie will be like that in normal life, but i honestly believe that the personality were getting from charlie isn't the true charlie. i'm not the same with my mum around, i become very tamed, but god can she not half wind me up sometimes, i couldn't imagine what it like living with her 24/7 she'd do my head in. Jackie out, Charlie just be friends with callum he lost without you, he's a nice guy.

I can back it up aswel, i think last week charlie was in the diary room and she told big brother that she couldnt be her normal self when her mum is around because you no what it's like.

Vicky.
11-07-2013, 11:51 AM
Charlie seems to be the 'mother' figure and Jackie the 'child' who is often told off. I'm not fond of either of them, but Charlie needs to lighten up and let her Mum be her own person, for better or worse. Charlie comes across as a bit of a fuddy - duddy and rather anal retentive.

Comes across the total opposite to me :o

jet
11-07-2013, 11:58 AM
Comes across the total opposite to me :o

Well I mean Charlie is always chastising Jackie for something or other as if her mother is a wayward child who needs scolding. And yes, Jackie is over - protective, but that's nothing new where mums are concerned.

Vicky.
11-07-2013, 12:01 PM
Well I mean Charlie is always chastising Jackie for something or other as if her mother is a wayward child who needs scolding. And yes, Jackie is over - protective, but that's nothing new where mums are concerned.
I really dont like the way Jackie keeps talking down to Charlie. She must feel horrible being spoken to like that infront of people. A scolding is ok (though a bit odd at Charlies age) in private, but it always seems to be infront of the group. It comes across to me as Jackie trying to put her down all the time..and I think Jackies reaction/bitterness to being put in her daughters place of potentially leaving was quite telling. I suspect she went on the show to prove some kind of point..thats shes better than Charlie.

The only time I have seen Charlie 'chastising' her mum is when Jackie's being nasty about the others, or OTT when drunk. I would be embarrassed too if my mum went on like that in front of me.

jet
11-07-2013, 01:52 PM
I really dont like the way Jackie keeps talking down to Charlie. She must feel horrible being spoken to like that infront of people. A scolding is ok (though a bit odd at Charlies age) in private, but it always seems to be infront of the group. It comes across to me as Jackie trying to put her down all the time..and I think Jackies reaction/bitterness to being put in her daughters place of potentially leaving was quite telling. I suspect she went on the show to prove some kind of point..thats shes better than Charlie.

The only time I have seen Charlie 'chastising' her mum is when Jackie's being nasty about the others, or OTT when drunk. I would be embarrassed too if my mum went on like that in front of me.

You make some good points. I don't like the chastising however - which also always seems to be in front of the group. It makes Charlie seem like the mother -and a bit staid - and Jackie like the wild wayward child, as I said above.
I think one is probably as bad as the other in their own way. :hugesmile:

Sophiee
11-07-2013, 02:38 PM
I was thinking this last night that charlie acts much older and more mature than her mum :laugh:.