PDA

View Full Version : 2014 last big brother for channel 5?

Nia-96
12-07-2013, 11:43 AM
Have the ratings been good enough to secure more years of big brother on channel 5, or do you think 2014 will be the last?

Jake.
12-07-2013, 11:44 AM
Well apart from the launch it's been doing better than BB12 and slightly better than BB13 so far

GiRTh
12-07-2013, 11:46 AM
c5 are making quite a commitment to the show so I don't see it being cancelled despite poor ratings. c5 may not have enough money for everything we the viewers want like live feed but at least they're trying to keep the show alive.

bez87
12-07-2013, 11:58 AM
I'm really enjoying it this year. i myself moved away from big brother for a few years but this one has got me hooked, i'm hoping for another one, i'm hoping for a bit more better looking people all round in the next one, like alot of housemates and alot of people i've spoken to who say there isn't anyone in their who i feel would hook up normally, sallie was good looking, hazel is good looking, charlie is good looking, but on the lads said you've got dan who is gay, the twins which one of them is gay, daley who has/had a girlfriend at the beginning sam who ordinary, dexter who looks like mr chow, and the only one i feel which may of done would be callum but that all getting mucked up by jackie travers!!!. or am i just being way to shallow, but my honest feeling is if your going to put models in the house at least put a few good looking single lads into the mix, i think it's been a bit poor the housemates choosen to be honest but still good.

arista
12-07-2013, 12:02 PM
c5 are making quite a commitment to the show so I don't see it being cancelled despite poor ratings. c5 may not have enough money for everything we the viewers want like live feed but at least they're trying to keep the show alive.

Yes Big Brother has brought New viewers
to Ch5 Ch5HD and 5*

King Richard is happy with it
as it gives his paper endless Front pages
and his many pop mags etc.

Jemal
12-07-2013, 12:03 PM
Probably renew for another 4 years.

daniel-lewis-1985
12-07-2013, 12:24 PM

Channel 5 is far from poor and have all the assets.

Richard desmond has over 950 million pounds.

daniel-lewis-1985
12-07-2013, 12:26 PM
I'm really enjoying it this year. i myself moved away from big brother for a few years but this one has got me hooked, i'm hoping for another one, i'm hoping for a bit more better looking people all round in the next one, like alot of housemates and alot of people i've spoken to who say there isn't anyone in their who i feel would hook up normally, sallie was good looking, hazel is good looking, charlie is good looking, but on the lads said you've got dan who is gay, the twins which one of them is gay, daley who has/had a girlfriend at the beginning sam who ordinary, dexter who looks like mr chow, and the only one i feel which may of done would be callum but that all getting mucked up by jackie travers!!!. or am i just being way to shallow, but my honest feeling is if your going to put models in the house at least put a few good looking single lads into the mix, i think it's been a bit poor the housemates choosen to be honest but still good.

Is this the most shallow post ever?

I believe it may be.

Jamesy
12-07-2013, 12:31 PM
Ratings have stayed consistent so there's certainly no problem there.

Ratings will not be what they look at though, it's the profit they will be basing a renewal on. If the show is making some money and they are satisfied with it I can see it being renewed. I doubt ratings will be an issue though as it's stayed consistent from the start and the averages are looking very good.

bez87
12-07-2013, 12:32 PM
Is this the most shallow post ever?

I believe it may be.

very much so but i'm watching it for entertainment and as entertaining as serious talks and back stabbing goes this bb is great but for the girl to boy ratio on looks and personalities go there aren't any matches why do they put in good looking women which there is and yet comes to the boys nothing, i'm a straight male but it's very biased if you think about it. even sophie said in the first week, that the housemates in the house aren't a good group if showmance is what big brother wants.

CaudleHalbard
12-07-2013, 12:32 PM
Have the ratings been good enough to secure more years of big brother on channel 5

Yes. By C5 standards this show is a flagship.