PDA

View Full Version : I'm just about fed up with Channel 5 now.

Patrick
12-07-2013, 10:28 PM
Money grabbing bastards. I've had just about enough of this now to be quite honest with you.

It's became clear this year - more than any other, that all Channel 5 want from Big Brother is the income it brings for them, and that's fair enough in a sense. I mean lets look at it from their point of view for a second, shall we?

They've an utterly sh*te broadcasting network that no one in the country watched for 15 years, then they picked up Big Brother.

Now - if they want to make money of the show, fair enough.
Although I think it should work both ways, we want Big Brother to continue for our own enjoyment, they want it to continue for the money.

So why don't they start producing a good show for once? :bored: Maybe one the fans would actually WANT to waste their cash on? Because, perhaps I'm speaking for myself - the scumbags haven't got a penny of me since 2011.

They took away Facebook voting, they changed the voting system itself, and now this - Series 14, and what have we got?

We've gotten CONSTANT 'The power is in your hands!' and 'You will decide!' - when really, if you scratch beneath the surface - it's got **** all to do with giving the fans power, all they want is the money and it's blatantly obvious and so in your face it's unbelievable.

I was looking forward to tonight's 'twist' but yet again, all it was - was another ploy, and a sly little attempt from the dick heads over at Channel 5, to take money of the viewers.

The safe house is absolute bullsh*t, and this explains entirely now why they rushed last week's 'twist' and brought Gina and Dexter back so early - so they could get another pair in there next week and make more money.

It's ridiculous. If they're going to do that, do it - but AT LEAST be a little bit more subtle about it and have abit of respect for the people who tune in to watch, and let's be honest - not alot of people do anymore, so they're biting the hand that ******ing feeds them.

Withano
12-07-2013, 10:31 PM
They take so much money off me when they force me to vote. If only I was allowed to decide if I wanted to vote or not.

fingers
12-07-2013, 10:34 PM
You might wonder why they went overboard creating false identities for Gina and Dexter, is it Just Secrets & Lies? or is it something else?

Patrick
12-07-2013, 10:34 PM
They take so much money off me when they force me to vote. If only I was allowed to decide if I wanted to vote or not.

Knew some cocky moron would write that.

I don't care - I have respect for my fellow fans, and I want the show to do well, but the fact the producers have that little respect for the viewers and make it so blatantly obvious of how desperate they are for our money, is a joke.

Jordan.
12-07-2013, 10:37 PM
It clearly is a money thing. Litterally everything is decided by a public votes these days. Back on C4 they'd just set a task to choose the two going to the safe house.

Marc
12-07-2013, 10:38 PM
Don't vote then Patrick.

Quit moaning

Withano
12-07-2013, 10:39 PM
Don't vote then Patrick.

Quit moaning

We're cocky morons if we say something rational

Matt
They took away Facebook voting.

They had to take away Facebook voting, it was getting them in too much hot water with Ofcom.

I don't care how many phone votes they have, as long as they're all above board. My problem is that they're pre-selecting the pairs that we get to vote for - it should be the two single housemates with the most public votes.

Glenn.
Don't vote then Patrick.

Quit moaning

[2].

Amy Jade
12-07-2013, 10:41 PM
My problem is that they're pre-selecting the pairs that we get to vote for - it should be the two single housemates with the most public votes.
This is the only thing I really dislike, they should just let us vote for the individual, not pair them up for us, if they want us to decide then allow is to do so.

Marc
12-07-2013, 10:42 PM
We're cocky morons if we say something rational

We're such horrible bastards

daniel-lewis-1985
12-07-2013, 10:44 PM
To be fair last years BB only just made money back so who gives a ****.

Its only 35p I can spare a coupla quid a week.

Brilliant series this year im more pissed off at the camera men and cutting off at random times.

Marsh.
12-07-2013, 10:46 PM
Don't vote then Patrick.

Quit moaning

This.

And tbh, if this earns them a bit more money so it prevents the axe falling on the show again then who cares.

Patrick
12-07-2013, 11:20 PM
Quit moaning?

I'm sorry - but shut up.
Fed up with being attacked for having an opinion on here. Just because I'm not one of these members who enjoy being spoon fed bullsh*t for the sake of 'well at least we still have the show.'

Marc
12-07-2013, 11:22 PM
Well that's incredibly rude.

I am sick of having an opinion on this forum.. wa

Josy
12-07-2013, 11:30 PM
So why don't they start producing a good show for once? Maybe one the fans would actually WANT to waste their cash on?

This series has been great?

Jamesy
12-07-2013, 11:33 PM
I agree with that they are money grabbing at every given opportunity.

Personally it doesn't bother me as I don't vote, I disagree with wasting the money on it - but I certainly see your point and it does show that money comes over making the show good. But sadly the money is what they want/need to keep the show running.

Big Brother will never be the 'Big Brother' we know and and love. All we can do really is just try and enjoy what is left of the format until it leaves our screens for good.

Some people are so rude on here too, jeez. No need to throw insults at one another. You can hold an argument with valid points and without stepping into ground of calling each other names.

Jake.
13-07-2013, 01:39 AM
I'm certainly not voting, doesn't mean I don't enjoy the show. If you aren't voting, why are you moaning about money? Nothing is coming out of your pocket

Jake.
13-07-2013, 01:43 AM
I do agree that it is a greedy ploy though, but because I'm not voting I can just enjoy the aftermath I guess :p

Firewire
13-07-2013, 01:47 AM
Let's be honest, Channel 5 have spent so much money on this series. They need to earn it back somehow. They only have about 1.7m watching evictions and not all of them are going to vote. It's not enough. They need to do things like this so they can gain a profit. It's just how they're doing it. I know you don't think it's fair, but how else are they supposed to raise funds?

EDIT: Although, pairs shouldn't be pre-selected.

Jack_
13-07-2013, 01:48 AM
I wouldn't mind the money grabbing if the things people were asked to vote on and the way in which they were asked to vote were actually ****ing worthwhile and beneficial to the show

The first week - asking the public (let me just reiterate that...THE PUBLIC FFS) to nominate three housemates. Diabolical. And instead of just having a normal phone vote which would've been less dubious, they have some mobile shortcode vote where the numbers can only be found online...well if you're going to make people go to the website how about just making it a poll instead?

Then of course the change in voting system which I'm not even going to get into again. But it's awful.

And then these pairing up housemate votes...what's all that about? What happened to us deciding who should be paired up? Why are production now deciding for us who would make the best pairs? What was wrong with a normal vote and then the two with the most go into the Safe House? And if the lines are only going to be open for like 14 hours you may as well make that an online poll.

Perhaps if they changed the format slightly to let the public have control but in a way that benefited the show more then it'd be better. You know...have a HoH comp, they nominate two people, housemates nominate as normal, person with the most joins the other two nominees, the public then vote to SAVE (yes, you know that better voting system) one, and the housemates that aren't the two nominees vote to EVICT one of the other two left.

Rob!
13-07-2013, 02:12 AM
You make it sound like they're actually extracting money from your bank account. I do get pretty bored of people ranting and raving about the show not being done in the way they want it to be done and yet when the choice is given to the public over a tiny detail like this you still moan. Chill. Sit under a waterfall. Go to a nice calm place. Say ommmm. :cool:

Jords
13-07-2013, 02:29 AM
You make it sound like they're actually extracting money from your bank account. I do get pretty bored of people ranting and raving about the show not being done in the way they want it to be done and yet when the choice is given to the public over a tiny detail like this you still moan. Chill. Sit under a waterfall. Go to a nice calm place. Say ommmm. :cool:

Take me there.

DanielLuis
13-07-2013, 02:34 AM
If people don't like this series then I don't know how they can be pleased.

arista
13-07-2013, 03:18 AM
This.

And tbh, if this earns them a bit more money so it prevents the axe falling on the show again then who cares.

Bang On Right

Marsh of 08

arista
13-07-2013, 03:21 AM
"They took away Facebook voting, they changed the voting system itself, and now this - Series 14, and what have we got?"

The Best Ch5 Big Brother so far.

iRyan
13-07-2013, 03:34 AM
They aren't trying to be greedy though, the channel needs money to sustain the show. If they don't make enough money from Big Brother, the show can't continue on. Simple as.

I'm sorry Patrick, but I think it's a tedious thing to moan about. If you don't want to vote, don't. If you can't afford it, don't. Just enjoy the series. Not every single detail is ever going to be perfect. There's so many things we got that series that we've wanted (new host, new house, live feed, etc), yet people are STILL finding things to moan about.

*mazedsalv**
13-07-2013, 07:47 AM
I have no porblem with it. They need to make as much money as they can, and this SH thing is a small way that we can have our say in who to save. So it sort of a "Vote to Save" to try and keep the public favourites stay longer. I know why they select the pairings too. They have paired up:

- 2 people who will have fun wit each other
- 2 people who can't stand each other
- Or 2 people that have been flirting with each other.

Chuckyegg
13-07-2013, 08:35 AM
Is it really ok to call people bastards and morons on this forum?

Cherie
13-07-2013, 09:31 AM

:laugh2: a few people would benefit from that.

Re the pairings could we really trust the GBP to get them right??? Dexter, Gina and Sallie up in the first week all down to the wonderful public voting. If the pairings were left to the public Gina and Dexter would be in every week and that might get a bit boring.

billy123
13-07-2013, 09:31 AM
Is it really ok to call people bastards and morons on this forum?Depends who you are.

Vicky.
13-07-2013, 09:32 AM
I like it. I just wish they would stop prepicking the pairs. Its essentially a vote to save, with vote to evict too at the end of the week..its what I wanted all along, a mix of both.

Samm
13-07-2013, 09:51 AM
Channel 5 have spent tones of money sacking brian thank god they did that and they made a complete new house they need money that's why they are doing this. The money will be put towards the program Fair play for channel 5

Glenn.
13-07-2013, 09:57 AM
If you don't vote then why are you getting your knickers in a twist about C5 making money?

daniel-lewis-1985
13-07-2013, 11:06 AM
I agree with that they are money grabbing at every given opportunity.

Personally it doesn't bother me as I don't vote, I disagree with wasting the money on it - but I certainly see your point and it does show that money comes over making the show good. But sadly the money is what they want/need to keep the show running.

Big Brother will never be the 'Big Brother' we know and and love. All we can do really is just try and enjoy what is left of the format until it leaves our screens for good.

Some people are so rude on here too, jeez. No need to throw insults at one another. You can hold an argument with valid points and without stepping into ground of calling each other names.

Big Brother is an expensive show to run and this is why they have made it more interactive this year so they can actually profit from it unlike previous years.

Its hardly a lot to spend.

With fans attitudes like yours this will be the reason it will be cancelled.

Im sorry but if a show isn't making any money for a channel then why should they renew it for you.

Its like BB fans are on the dole expecting something for nothing.

Im sure back in the day voting on Channel 4 cost a lot more aswell.

Channel 5 are actually trying a lot more to give fans what they want more than ever this year and with the low ratings I think we should all be supporting them by spending a mere 70p a week if its profitable for them then they aren't gonna cancel it.

But fans think its Channel 5 being greedy and scamming us fans? lol

alex_front2
13-07-2013, 02:34 PM
This SafeHouse vote is soo pointless. The other HMs know about it and will be wary that they (may) be being watched so will be very guarded in their conversations, non-bitching. For example if Twins go in then Dan will be nice as pie about them so that they don't nominate him.

alex_front2
13-07-2013, 02:36 PM
Channel 5 have spent tones of money sacking brian thank god they did that and they made a complete new house they need money that's why they are doing this. The money will be put towards the program Fair play for channel 5

They should not have given Brian that renewed contract only to sack him a few months later. He should have been on a series to series contract - it's not as if he's a very high demand tv presenter. he was never gonna turn the gig down.