PDA

View Full Version : Fans who dont vote and complain about having to pay for voting on twists etc

daniel-lewis-1985
13-07-2013, 11:12 AM
With fans attitudes like yours this will be the reason it will be cancelled.

Big Brother is an expensive show to run and this is why they have made it more interactive this year so they can actually profit from it unlike previous years.

Im sorry but if a show isn't making any money for a channel then why should they renew it for you.

Its like BB fans are on the dole expecting something for nothing.

Im sure back in the day voting on Channel 4 cost a lot more aswell.

Channel 5 are actually trying a lot more to give fans what they want more than ever this year and with the low ratings I think we should all be supporting them by spending a mere 70p a week if its profitable for them then they aren't gonna cancel it.

But fans think its Channel 5 being greedy and scamming us fans? lol

Support your show ffs and not think its beneath you to vote or not Voting because you think it wont make a difference on who goes.

its not the only reason to vote its so BB actually makes a profit which secures its future.

Are you seriously saying you cant afford to spend 35p for an eviction or a twist?

elliebrew
13-07-2013, 11:16 AM
exceptionally articulated Dan.

I feel exactly the same about it

daniel-lewis-1985
13-07-2013, 11:26 AM
exceptionally articulated Dan.

I feel exactly the same about it

Why thank you Mr Brew lol.

I have been taking creative writing night classes haha.

Headie
13-07-2013, 11:29 AM
Yep I agree.

I am hoping other people will vote Dan & Gina into the safe house and not just me.

daniel-lewis-1985
13-07-2013, 12:48 PM
If ratings are lower than expected then the only other way to keep BB on air is for it to make a profit from the "fans" actually voting.

BB has a hardcore fan base of around 1.5 million who will allways watch yet only a handful vote.

Lets just do the math on if an X amount of fans actually picked up the phone once/twice a week

Weekly profit

500,000 vote once a week: £175,000
500,000 vote twice a week: £350,000

1,000,000 vote once a week: £350,000
1,000,000 vote twice a week: £700,000

Full series potential: £7,000,000

Instead im sure the whole of last years series received less than 1 million votes?

Please correct my math if im wrong as im awfull at it lol.

7 million though how could Channel 5 even consider cancelling a show that makes that much profit.

In BBs heyday they used to get around 22 million a series I believe.

Verbal
13-07-2013, 01:01 PM
Are you seriously saying you cant afford to spend 35p for an eviction or a twist?

Yes. Takes me 3 months to save £15

daniel-lewis-1985
13-07-2013, 01:08 PM
Yes. Takes me 3 months to save £15

HAHA.

Ok you're forgiven we all know how rationed tobacco is in these tough times.

Marc
13-07-2013, 01:15 PM
I watch but don't vote. I don't think that's a bad thing

daniel-lewis-1985
14-07-2013, 01:27 AM
I watch but don't vote. I don't think that's a bad thing

If you wanna keep on watching though the odd 35p towards BB would be much appreciated by us who want the programme to stay on air.

Tozzie
14-07-2013, 01:33 AM
as I suspect BB is fixed why would I spend that 35p. I don't for one minute believe the public voted Hazel & Daley into the house, I think BB wanted them to go in because they thought it would stir things up, well for me it has stirred things up, so much so I am wanting to switch off :-(

daniel-lewis-1985
14-07-2013, 01:58 PM
as I suspect BB is fixed why would I spend that 35p. I don't for one minute believe the public voted Hazel & Daley into the house, I think BB wanted them to go in because they thought it would stir things up, well for me it has stirred things up, so much so I am wanting to switch off :-(

Its not fixed and I acyually want you to switch off.

Fans like you annoy the hell out of me.

Oh its a fix, im complaining to Ofcom, I have constipation.

Bye.

Samm
14-07-2013, 02:03 PM
I am sick of people keep going on about fixes Can't they just enjoy the show

Jords
14-07-2013, 02:24 PM
People can moan about results without voting.

Tozzie
16-07-2013, 11:55 AM
Its not fixed and I acyually want you to switch off.

Fans like you annoy the hell out of me.

Oh its a fix, im complaining to Ofcom, I have constipation.

Bye.

well I'm not switching off now just annoy the hell out of you haha
Hello :D

Jesus.
16-07-2013, 11:59 AM
The votes aren't about providing a show, the advertisers do that. The votes are purely about profits, and I think people have a right to object to that.

When taking the business plan to the decision maker, the costs would have been identified and budgeted for, so no one should feel railroaded into voting to make rich tv execs even richer.

Tregard
16-07-2013, 12:04 PM
The votes aren't about providing a show, the advertisers do that. The votes are purely about profits, and I think people have a right to object to that.

When taking the business plan to the decision maker, the costs would have been identified and budgeted for, so no one should feel railroaded into voting to make rich tv execs even richer.

This, advertising is how they make back the costs, and they haven't exactly skimped on them (Very, Ocado, etc.). The amount of money you make from voting is so nebulous they shouldn't rely on it for anything, anything they make from votes is a bonus on top of the costs covered by their sponsors.

We shouldn't have to make up the cost for poor budgeting.