PDA

View Full Version : If you were in the crowd (Lets be honest)

Josy
13-07-2013, 11:28 AM
I was thinking about this last night, the boo's don't really bother me tbh especially when the housemate being evicted/up for eviction does deserve it but the chants during the interviews are pretty awful but I'm thinking it's maybe the whole atmosphere and feeling the people in the crowd gets when they are there..plus they get encouraged.

So lets be honest..if you were in the crowd and everyone was booing, chanting and you were getting carried away with the pantomime atmosphere, would you join in?

Raph
13-07-2013, 11:32 AM
Absolutely not, I think it's disrespectful to the housemate, Emma and the viewing public at home to make a ruckus during the interview. Unless it was Siavash in which case... no but even then I wouldn't do that out of respect.

Jack_
13-07-2013, 11:35 AM
Absolutely no chance, I would make a point of booing the dull housemates (so Callum last night, people like Sam and Sophie in general) and cheering the big characters (Wolfy and Hazel last night, her, Dan, Gina, Dexter etc in general). There's no way I'd lower myself as to boo a good housemate but I'd do it as a protest against the dull ones to the morons stood around me. If there was no booing at all I wouldn't, but if they're gonna boo it's time they were taught to boo the right people.

No way in hell would I join in with the chanting during the interview though no matter who it was, it's disrespectful and ****ing ignorant. It's actually putting me off going to an eviction night which I've always wanted to do cause I could picture myself getting really wound up if I was stood next to a chanter. It's infuriating enough watching the scum, let alone being amongst it.

Kizzy
13-07-2013, 11:38 AM
Come off it, most would be baying with the rest....
Can anyone in all honesty say they haven't made offensive comments about housemates or anyone?....not many.
I would, it's part of the 'game'.

Sophiee
13-07-2013, 11:40 AM
I'd join in but with the chants/boos I feel the housemate should receive, I wouldn't just go with the majority.

Jack_
13-07-2013, 11:41 AM
Come off it, most would be baying with the rest....
Can anyone in all honesty say they haven't made offensive comments about housemates or anyone?....not many.
I would, it's part of the 'game'.

You can make offensive comments sure, boo all you want during the eviction sure (though it does make them look like a moron) but when it's their turn to speak and it's time for the interview then it's time they had a bit of respect and decency and shut the ****** up. I don't want to hear some scummy twat shout 'OFF OFF OFF' or other nasty chants they seem to make up each week, I want to hear the evictee speak. It's like public humiliation and bullying, I find it disgusting.

Headie
13-07-2013, 11:43 AM
If one of the nominees was a housemate I really disliked, I would probably boo the hell out of them (after all they have to realise that they have done things which the viewers don't like/appreciate) but when the interview is happening, I would just shut up and let Emma conduct the interview.

I am baffled why they start the interview off with the eye open and then realise that the crowd are never gonna shut the hell up and then close it halfway through the interview. I espeially hate it when the crowd chant "OFF OFF OFF". If you aren't even going to listen to what the evictee has to say, then why even turn up to be in the crowd?

Nia-96
13-07-2013, 11:47 AM
If I didn't like the housemate who was being evicted I would probably join in with the boo chants, however I would not join in with the 'OFF' chants.

thesheriff443
13-07-2013, 11:48 AM
i would join in!, if you think what we write on here about housemates and then think you would go to an eviction and be like a mouse,
wolfy as been a dirty pig with dirty habbits a liar and someone that was taking the viewers for mugs, deserves everything she got!
even on bots she was made to look like the liar she is!.

Kizzy
13-07-2013, 11:54 AM
You can make offensive comments sure, boo all you want during the eviction sure (though it does make them look like a moron) but when it's their turn to speak and it's time for the interview then it's time they had a bit of respect and decency and shut the ****** up. I don't want to hear some scummy twat shout 'OFF OFF OFF' or other nasty chants they seem to make up each week, I want to hear the evictee speak. It's like public humiliation and bullying, I find it disgusting.

It's nothing personal jack, it's not a morality scale either..
let's keep things in perspective here :joker:

Jack_
13-07-2013, 11:56 AM
It's nothing personal jack, it's not a morality scale either..
let's keep things in perspective here :joker:

Chanting 'have a wash' isn't personal? Yesterday you agreed with me so I'm not sure why you've had a sudden change of opinion

daniel-lewis-1985
13-07-2013, 11:56 AM
Like ive said in the past ive got into a spot of bother with a few by saying something along of the lines of "Guarantee you all these morons will be booing and chanting like ****ing seals." getting overheard by quite a big bulky guy lol.

Had an actual argument with one lady at BB8 coz she was booing everything and doing my ****ing head in.

I would never chant its just cringe and I would only truly boo a housemates who deserved it.

I would leave if I was there trying to listen to the interview and being surrounded by morons chanting "off off off off off off".

So no I wouldn't lol.

thesheriff443
13-07-2013, 11:57 AM
Chanting 'have a wash' isn't personal? Yesterday you agreed with me so I'm not sure why you've had a sudden change of opinion

but she did need a wash!

*mazedsalv**
13-07-2013, 11:57 AM
When your there, you really want to be involved in the atmosphere. It's electric there. But I was cheering purely.

karezza
13-07-2013, 12:03 PM
I would boo all the housemates - especially the ones I like.

Kizzy
13-07-2013, 12:04 PM

I don't recall commenting on the crowds reactions yesterday?
She put herself in that position, to be cheered or booed by the crowd... It's the nature of the beast in BB that there will be loved and hated HM's.
I doubt that wolfy will be personally offended by anything a stranger in a crowd says.
The contestants are more than aware it is part of the process.

Jack_
13-07-2013, 12:05 PM
but she did need a wash!

In your opinion. And it's not one that should be chanted at on live national
television to a woman. If you think that's acceptable, funny or in any way justifiable then I'm lost for words and you need to take a long hard look at yourself.

Boo all you want but once you start getting personal you've crossed a line. It's a TV show, not a platform for a mob of morons to insult and intimidate largely harmless people.

thesheriff443
13-07-2013, 12:05 PM
She put herself in that position, to be cheered or booed by the crowd... It's the nature of the beast in BB that there will be loved and hated HM's.
I doubt that wolfy will be personally offended by anything a stranger in a crowd says.

agree, wolfy got what she deserved,

Jack_
13-07-2013, 12:08 PM

http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6162709&postcount=17

Okay then

Kizzy
13-07-2013, 12:08 PM
television to a woman. If you think that's acceptable, funny or in any way justifiable then I'm lost for words and you need to take a long hard look at yourself.

Boo all you want but once you start getting personal you've crossed a line. It's a TV show, not a platform for a mob of morons to insult and intimidate largely harmless people.

You would never advocate or encourage anyone being offensive to a woman then jack?.....

smeagol
13-07-2013, 12:09 PM
id boo those who deserved it. cheer those who dont
and never boo during the interview that is just ignorant

thesheriff443
13-07-2013, 12:11 PM
id boo those who deserved it. cheer those who dont
and never boo during the interview that is just ignorant

and there was me thinking you would take a dump in your hand and throw it:bawling:
dissapointed:bawling:

Benjamin
13-07-2013, 12:12 PM
If one of the nominees was a housemate I really disliked, I would probably boo the hell out of them (after all they have to realise that they have done things which the viewers don't like/appreciate) but when the interview is happening, I would just shut up and let Emma conduct the interview.

I am baffled why they start the interview off with the eye open and then realise that the crowd are never gonna shut the hell up and then close it halfway through the interview. I espeially hate it when the crowd chant "OFF OFF OFF". If you aren't even going to listen to what the evictee has to say, then why even turn up to be in the crowd?

This. It really frustrates me. I wish they would release a pack of savage dogs on that crowd sometimes.

Kizzy
13-07-2013, 12:14 PM
This. It really frustrates me. I wish they would release a pack of savage dogs on that crowd sometimes.

:laugh: slight overreaction there ben....

starry
13-07-2013, 12:27 PM
I don't just go along with the crowd to seem hip among them. At an interview I'd want to hear what was said anyway.

What about the viewing audience and the whole image of the show? The crowd are just a few hundred people, they shouldn't be given such importance and interfere with all the TV audience who are really more important.

I don't really like the outside interference of the crowd on the inside of the house either, why should these few hundred people have such an effect on the game?

Jemal
13-07-2013, 12:29 PM
Im not a sheep lol, if i wana cheer I cheer. If i wana boo I boo.

Scream
13-07-2013, 12:33 PM
If I was there then yes. I WOULD BE MENTAL.

Kizzy
13-07-2013, 12:34 PM
I don't just go along with the crowd to seem hip among them. At an interview I'd want to hear what was said anyway.

What about the viewing audience and the whole image of the show? The crowd are just a few hundred people, they shouldn't be given such importance and interfere with all the TV audience who are really more important.

I don't really like the outside interference of the crowd on the inside of the house either, why should these few hundred people have such an effect on the game?

The crowd are the fans too, they have always played a part as far as evictions go.
Why it's being held up as evidence of a decline in society that people chant at evictions is beyond silly.

starry
13-07-2013, 12:42 PM
A very very very small part of the fans.

CaudleHalbard
13-07-2013, 12:53 PM
None of us really know what we would do if we were in a crowd like that unless we have first hand experience!

I would probably be booing Wolfy with the rest of them but I'd be quiet during the interview..... but that's only a guess! ;)

daniel-lewis-1985
13-07-2013, 01:02 PM
I doubt that wolfy will be personally offended by anything a stranger in a crowd says.The contestants are more than aware it is part of the process.

A crowd of 200 chanting "have a wash" yeah im sure that didn't embaress her at all.

daniel-lewis-1985
13-07-2013, 01:03 PM

Okay then

HAHA

Owned.

Brother Leon
13-07-2013, 01:04 PM
Well obviously. It's like going to a football match and not making noise. The hell is the point? Lol

Kizzy
13-07-2013, 01:06 PM

Okay then

Haha! I knew you would find it eventually well done.
That was for you...

Kizzy
13-07-2013, 01:07 PM
A crowd of 200 chanting "have a wash" yeah im sure that didn't embaress her at all.

And her groping herself saying I have 'gunge' in my vagina didn't?

Sophiee
13-07-2013, 02:10 PM
oh and I wouldn't chant 'off off off' during the interview though. I want to actually hear it whether it be a housemates I like or not.

thesheriff443
13-07-2013, 09:02 PM

when I look at my self I like what I see! if I want to do it I will!

GypsyGoth
13-07-2013, 09:04 PM
I'd get carried away and start throwing stuff.

Tregard
13-07-2013, 09:08 PM
I wouldn't boo, I hate booing things. It just makes creates a bad atmosphere :/

Patrick
16-07-2013, 09:15 PM
I wouldn't lower myself to participate in such a ******ing mindless thing.

King Gizzard
16-07-2013, 09:16 PM
Just generally chanting/saying booooooo is really awkward and cheesy anyway

I'd probably start laughing at myself

I might be partial to the occasional ''Hey ___ YOU ARE SUCH A DICK'' though