PDA

View Full Version : Three Welsh winners in six years?

Raph
20-07-2013, 12:01 PM
If Sam wins, which seems likely according to a lot of people on here, facebook, twitter etc, that would make a third Welsh winner in six years. Rachel winning in 2008 and Luke A winning last year. Not to mention the only other Welsh housemates in the past six years have come second (Dave) and third (Mario) respectively. How would you feel if 1/2 of the winners in the past six years were Welsh?

Also do you see similarities between Rachel, Luke A and Sam?

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
20-07-2013, 12:02 PM
i would feel angry bc i hate welsh people

Jemal
20-07-2013, 12:03 PM
Never knew Luke was welsh

Raph
20-07-2013, 12:03 PM

hey! :p

Waynoo
20-07-2013, 12:10 PM
Sam would be the least deserving winner ever

Benjamin
20-07-2013, 12:11 PM
I actually don;t think Sam will win now. I think it'll be a big character this year. My senses are saying Charlie, but Dan could do it too. I fear Gina will be out before the final.

Black Dagger
20-07-2013, 12:17 PM
Luke A was ****ing terrible and Sam is even worse. So a bit deflated in all honesty.

I do think it's his for the taking, especially with this twist.

Marc
20-07-2013, 12:19 PM
Oh yeah Luke A was Welsh..

Raph
20-07-2013, 12:24 PM

He was.

Jake.
20-07-2013, 12:28 PM
Sam won't win I don't think.. he'll be in the final, but a bigger character will hopefully take it :p

Verbal
20-07-2013, 12:30 PM

He still is as well

karezza
20-07-2013, 12:31 PM
All Welsh - all crap.

karezza
20-07-2013, 12:32 PM
He was.

Luke A is from South Africa and he was a petulant, bitter bore who ruined BB13.

smeagol
20-07-2013, 12:33 PM
no wonder they beat the zulu's just cant get rid of them lol

lurve welsh women , sam is one of the worst housemates of all time

Raph
20-07-2013, 12:36 PM
All Welsh - all crap.

Well that's an interesting point, many people seem to think all the Welsh housemates were 'boring' :p

Luke A is from South Africa and he was a petulant, bitter bore who ruined BB13.

Well he was born in South Africa but he's from North-East Wales.

karezza
20-07-2013, 12:38 PM
Rachel Rice - worst housemate of all time.
Luke A - miserable, bitter, petulant bore.
Sam - insufferable dullard.

Marc
20-07-2013, 12:41 PM
He still is as well

You mean he didn't immigrate to Zimbabwe?!

Raph
20-07-2013, 12:42 PM

What do you think about Glyn, Helen and Imogen?

Marc
20-07-2013, 12:43 PM
Helen, the original legendary housemate.. thick as s*** though

Raph
20-07-2013, 12:45 PM
Helen, the original legendary housemate.. thick as s*** though

Yeah Helen was the bestest! My favourite housemate pre-BB7 :hugesmile:

karezza
20-07-2013, 12:46 PM
What do you think about Glyn, Helen and Imogen?

Helen was funny and sweet.
Glynn was a great housemate. Anyone who climbs the roof is OK by me.
Imogen has no personality.

Raph
20-07-2013, 12:46 PM
Helen was funny and sweet.
Foetus-boy Glynn was a great housemate. Anyone who climbs the roof is ok by me.
Imogen has no personality.

Oh yay so you don't dislike all Welsh housemates!! :amazed:

Visage
20-07-2013, 12:55 PM

Agree on all three.

I don't care where anybody is from, I don't watch BB for that.

I watch it for the entertaining housemates.

the truth
20-07-2013, 01:16 PM
the taffs have done quite well....but I agree the most entertaining ones by miles were glyn and Helen, the 2 funniest housemates ever in my opinion, they are true BB legends...Mario was kind of funny in a strange way and cringey too...though I preferred his body builder missus she was sexy...dave yeah not bad....gareth Thomas did well, not the best hm but generally a gd guy...rach rice nice but dull....luke never a fan of his ....Imogen not nice and very dull....sam seems ok really but not enough entertainment, I give him big back slap for overcoming his adversity thugh, very brave.

the truth
20-07-2013, 01:18 PM
Agree on all three.

I don't care where anybody is from, I don't watch BB for that.

I watch it for the entertaining housemates.

where a person is from can affect who they are imo but ultimately I agree its all about the individual and how they behave and also how genuine and entertaining they are....hwever I 100% disagree with the lie that only nasty controversial HMs are entertaining.....I prefer the nes who try to have fun are open to the experience but will also be honest without deliberately hurting other people

LikeABoatOnWater
20-07-2013, 01:30 PM
Wow I never realised what boring housemates the Welsh make. BB needs to be a Welsh free zone.

Verbal
20-07-2013, 01:34 PM
The racism in this thread is almost overwhelming.

Also, don't refer to all Welsh as Taffy. Thanks.

the truth
20-07-2013, 01:38 PM
Wow I never realised what boring housemates the Welsh make. BB needs to be a Welsh free zone.

helen glyn Mario were a god larf.....but just before we throw wales into room 101 what about Cameron? mercy me....and who was that fat Scottish clown with glasses about 8 years ago in a kilt? theres been zillions of bores in the |BB house...daley this year was a grade a uber bore imo....personally I thought nadia was the most boring housemate ever.....yeah she used to be a man, so what? then all she said was OH MY GOD in a portuguese accent for 3 months

the truth
20-07-2013, 01:41 PM

its not racism , lets not be stupid now....its just the English winding up the welsh and vice versa....I live in wales now , wonderful country and the word taff is not racist at all, its a term of affection based around the river taff....
I think there have been some wonderful welsh hms ....who culd ever forget helen adams chasing her beloved paul Clarke or glyn prmoting the welsh language and boiling eggs for the very first time

Verbal
20-07-2013, 01:44 PM
its not racism , lets not be stupid now....its just the English winding up the welsh and vice versa....I live in wales now , wonderful country and the word taff is not racist at all, its a term of affection based around the river taff....
I think there have been some wonderful welsh hms ....who culd ever forget helen adams chasing her beloved paul Clarke or glyn prmoting the welsh language and boiling eggs for the very first time

I was not implying there was anything racist about the word 'taff' and you are exactly right about it referencing the river taff. However, this river runs through Cardiff, and people further West do not take too kindly to the reference.

Source: I have been born and bred in Swansea. Call anyone in Swansea 'taffy' and it won't end well.

Niamh.
20-07-2013, 02:26 PM
Christ almighty Sam better not win this, so undeserved if he does

Tozzie
20-07-2013, 02:29 PM
Sam would be the least deserving winner ever

^^agree, he and Cameron would be the worst BB winners of all

steviebhoy
20-07-2013, 02:45 PM
Sam is not going to win, he never was going to win,

I honestly think Dexter, Charlie and Gina will be the final 3, and i think it's an open contest between the 3 of them as it stands,

personally i'd like to see Dexter win it, love him or hate him, as he's by far and away the best HM of the series!!

Jords
20-07-2013, 02:51 PM
The Welsh overall make pretty bad HMs.

Raph
20-07-2013, 03:10 PM
The Welsh overall make pretty bad HMs.

:nono: Jords what is this nonsense

Visage
20-07-2013, 04:06 PM
where a person is from can affect who they are imo

I've never look at it from this perspective

hwever I 100% disagree with the lie that only nasty controversial HMs are entertaining..... Totally agree with you on this point.

I prefer the nes who try to have fun are open to the experience but will also be honest without deliberately hurting other people

Those having fun and enjoying the experience are one of the reasons I do tune in to watch.

the truth
20-07-2013, 04:14 PM
I was not implying there was anything racist about the word 'taff' and you are exactly right about it referencing the river taff. However, this river runs through Cardiff, and people further West do not take too kindly to the reference.

Source: I have been born and bred in Swansea. Call anyone in Swansea 'taffy' and it won't end well.

ah nonsense you may have met the odd looney tune who gets offended I certainly haven't and Ive been here many years....its not really a word that gets used that much in wales more to some welsh people living outside wales and ive never ever known any welsh man r woman say they take offence at the word.....same with jock or paddy.....taff t these are not derogatory terms they are terms of endearnment....but the term sheep shag*er is a derogatory term and if used again and again it becomes bring and insulting and yes I have seen welsh people rightly get annoyed about that.....but to imply the welsh get offended by taff implies the welsh are humourless which is the exact opposite of the truth, the welsh Ive known are some of the funniets most surreal unique characters ive ever met anywhere

Verbal
20-07-2013, 04:27 PM
ah nonsense you may have met the odd looney tune who gets offended I certainly haven't and Ive been here many years....its not really a word that gets used that much in wales more to some welsh people living outside wales and ive never ever known any welsh man r woman say they take offence at the word.....same with jock or paddy.....taff t these are not derogatory terms they are terms of endearnment....but the term sheep shag*er is a derogatory term and if used again and again it becomes bring and insulting and yes I have seen welsh people rightly get annoyed about that.....but to imply the welsh get offended by taff implies the welsh are humourless which is the exact opposite of the truth, the welsh Ive known are some of the funniets most surreal unique characters ive ever met anywhere

I am basing my opinion purely on football mentality, when Cardiff play the Swans this coming season, call a Jack, Taffy...and see what happens :joker:

the truth
20-07-2013, 04:32 PM
I am basing my opinion purely on football mentality, when Cardiff play the Swans this coming season, call a Jack, Taffy...and see what happens :joker:

oh youre basing the judgements of all welsh people getting offended by the word taffy, on the worst level of morons who follow football...by that token we should then assume all Glaswegians are raving drunken maniacs....hmmm on second thoughts:joker:

Ramsay
20-07-2013, 04:48 PM
I honestly cannot imagine many people actually lifting up the phone to vote for Sam, either to evict or to win.. he'll be the first out at the final

Macie Lightfoot
20-07-2013, 05:15 PM
You're the only one who would notice slash care about such a councidence.

The only real similarity Rachel/Luke A have is that they're two of the only good winners this show has ever produced. And it has nothing to do with their Welshness because Mario sucked and Dave might be the worst HM ever.

Jake.
20-07-2013, 05:15 PM
I honestly cannot imagine many people actually lifting up the phone to vote for Sam, either to evict or to win.. he'll be the first out at the final

actually when he yawned the other day he really offended me, so he's got my vote this week

reece(:
20-07-2013, 05:18 PM
Glyn and Imogen were the only decent welsh HMs, not that that matters since I don't base HMs on nationalities.

Northern Monkey
20-07-2013, 06:06 PM
Well,I think all these people voting for the Welsh to win are just sheep..........Lol......

the truth
20-07-2013, 07:45 PM
Well,I think all these people voting for the Welsh to win are just sheep..........Lol......

that's baaaa baaaad

Black Dagger
20-07-2013, 08:20 PM

The only real similarity Rachel/Luke A have is that they're two of the only good winners this show has ever produced. And it has nothing to do with their Welshness because Mario sucked and Dave might be the worst HM ever.

pmsl.

dyfed
20-07-2013, 08:39 PM

Hate is a bit strong,..how can you dislike a whole country?:hugesmile:

dyfed
20-07-2013, 08:42 PM
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

karezza
20-07-2013, 08:44 PM
I hate geographical bias. For God's sake vote for the best housemate regardless of where they are from and who they are!

iRyan
20-07-2013, 08:48 PM

I will never understand some of your very bizarre opinions.

iRyan
20-07-2013, 08:49 PM

'Welsh' is not a race, darling.

Verbal
20-07-2013, 09:55 PM
'Welsh' is not a race, darling.

'Darling' lol get a grip on reality, 'Ryan' you are not Gina.

Macie Lightfoot
20-07-2013, 10:35 PM
I will never understand some of your very bizarre opinions.

Your extreme case of vag bias doesn't allow you to understand much, sadly.

iRyan
20-07-2013, 10:38 PM
Your extreme case of vag bias doesn't allow you to understand much, sadly.

I do definitely prefer female housemates when it comes to my personal favorites, but I still know what makes a good housemate in general and a good winner. I liked Rachel and Luke A as people, but they were both severely mediocre housemates and winners. I wasn't displeased at either of them winning, but there were definitely better winners.

Oh, and the majority of your favorites are female as well, so don't even.

iRyan
20-07-2013, 10:41 PM
'Darling' lol get a grip on reality, 'Ryan' you are not Gina.

Ok? Doesn't change the fact that you thought Welsh was a race. :joker:

Verbal
20-07-2013, 10:43 PM
Ok? Doesn't change the fact that you thought Welsh was a race. :joker:

Doesn't change the fact that it was partly tongue in cheek either

Macie Lightfoot
20-07-2013, 10:50 PM
I do definitely prefer female housemates when it comes to my personal favorites, but I still know what makes a good housemate in general and a good winner. I liked Rachel and Luke A as people, but they were both severely mediocre housemates and winners. I wasn't displeased at either of them winning, but there were definitely better winners.

Oh, and the majority of your favorites are female as well, so don't even.

Yeah that's extremely questionable.

Anyway, yes I have a lot of female favorites but let's not forget when your signature had your "legends" that included, like, Sam and Amanda and Rebeckah and Bex, and then only had Glyn and Benedict for guys. There's a difference between me liking plenty of girls and being able to identify a fair share of guys I enjoy and you being put under a spell by anything with a vagina. I mean just look at your signature, Kaitlin of all people to root for in BBUS?

Patrick
20-07-2013, 10:56 PM

:joker: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Smithy
20-07-2013, 10:57 PM
they're all boring as **** lmao

Patrick
20-07-2013, 10:58 PM
Also do you see similarities between Rachel, Luke A and Sam?

They were all dull.

I like Luke A outside the house though, alot - never knew he or Mario Mugan were Welsh actually until now :shocked:

iRyan
20-07-2013, 11:07 PM
Yeah that's extremely questionable.

Anyway, yes I have a lot of female favorites but let's not forget when your signature had your "legends" that included, like, Sam and Amanda and Rebeckah and Bex, and then only had Glyn and Benedict for guys. There's a difference between me liking plenty of girls and being able to identify a fair share of guys I enjoy and you being put under a spell by anything with a vagina. I mean just look at your signature, Kaitlin of all people to root for in BBUS?

You say it's questionable, yet your list of "legends" includes the likes of Susie, Jem, Laura, Lisa, Alex, and Adam? LOL okay. We have got many favorites in common though - like Charley, Deana, Lydia, Corin, Sara, Noirin, Derek, etc. are some of my all-time favorites, so if you're calling my taste questionable then you're also calling your own that.

And the list in my signature was not people I labeled "legends" it was my own personal favorites. And Glyn and Benedict were not the only guys, my other male favorites include Sam, Anthony, Ziggy, Kemal, Derek, Maxwell, Rex, and others.

I think without question females typically make better TV in general. Because they're more emotional and therefore create more moments of interest.

And I only just added Kaitlin to my list today after previously strongly disliking her, because I'm getting annoyed by pretty much everyone else in this point and I find her one of the least annoying atm and a promising competitor.

DrunkerThanMoses
20-07-2013, 11:09 PM
The only good welsh housemates have been Helen and Rachel.. you know why? Because they are from cwmbran

that is why me and raph are the best people on here :xyxwave:

Macie Lightfoot
20-07-2013, 11:14 PM
You say it's questionable, yet your list of "legends" includes the likes of Susie, Jem, Laura, Lisa, Alex, and Adam? LOL okay. We have got many favorites in common though - like Charley, Deana, Lydia, Corin, Sara, Noirin, Derek, etc. are some of my all-time favorites, so if you're calling my taste questionable then you're also calling your own that.

And the list in my signature was not people I labeled "legends" it was my own personal favorites. And Glyn and Benedict were not the only guys, my other male favorites include Sam, Anthony, Ziggy, Kemal, Derek, Maxwell, and others.

I think without question females typically make better TV in general. Because they're more emotional and therefore create more moments of interest.

And I only just added Kaitlin to my list today after previously strongly disliking her, because I'm getting annoyed by pretty much everyone else in this point and I find her one of the least annoying atm and a promising competitor.

Susie was glorious and hilarious, Jem was one of the few bright spots in the horrid BB12 with her F/F TAR dynamics with Faye, Laura was a hilarious and righteous presence, Lisa had a salivating hate--ironic like--actual like journey that is always amazing, Alex again was a fun Corin-lite and one of the few bright spots in BB12, and Adam was a necessary component to BB13 and was the constant voice of reason (seriously in a house as wretched as BB13 you need someone who is sane and has an actual moral compass.) The fact that you like Charley and Deana and them doesn't mean that I'm calling my own taste questionable, it just shows that a broken clock is still right twice a day.

And yeah, expanding on your favorite male HMs just backs up my case so thanks.

iRyan
20-07-2013, 11:21 PM
Susie was glorious and hilarious, Jem was one of the few bright spots in the horrid BB12 with her F/F TAR dynamics with Faye, Laura was a hilarious and righteous presence, Lisa had a salivating hate--ironic like--actual like journey that is always amazing, Alex again was a fun Corin-lite and one of the few bright spots in BB12, and Adam was a necessary component to BB13 and was the constant voice of reason (seriously in a house as wretched as BB13 you need someone who is sane and has an actual moral compass.) The fact that you like Charley and Deana and them doesn't mean that I'm calling my own taste questionable, it just shows that a broken clock is still right twice a day.

And yeah, expanding on your favorite male HMs just backs up my case so thanks.

You don't know how to distinguish the difference between your own personal favorite housemates (housemates you like) and housemates that are entertaining and add to the series storylines. Correct me if i'm wrong, but you seem to parade your favorites as overall the best housemates ever and anyone who thinks otherwise is totally wrong.

I respect that you have your own favorites, but I respectfully disagree that all of your favorites are legends.

There are plenty of housemates that I personally dislike, but can still regard them as good housemates and entertaining characters.

I find it funny that you can dismiss me thinking people like Rebeckah were great housemates, yet you think a housemate like Laura was a goddess.

Macie Lightfoot
20-07-2013, 11:33 PM
I like who I like and dislike who I dislike. Everyone in here gets so caught up in trying to be objective and picking favorites based on who contributes the most, but that's extremely contradictory just based on what the word favorite means. I find it hilarious that everyone criticizes Rachel Rice and dismisses her as a bore and a fence sitter, and then people here pretty much do the same when choosing their favorites? There's no problem with having an opinion.

iRyan
20-07-2013, 11:40 PM
I like who I like and dislike who I dislike. Everyone in here gets so caught up in trying to be objective and picking favorites based on who contributes the most, but that's extremely contradictory just based on what the word favorite means. I find it hilarious that everyone criticizes Rachel Rice and dismisses her as a bore and a fence sitter, and then people here pretty much do the same when choosing their favorites? There's no problem with having an opinion.

I'm not knocking you for having your favorites, everyone is entitled their opinion in that regard and people like different personalities - but I personally think there is a difference between liking a housemate for your own reasons, and labeling them as a BB legend because you're biased towards them. You can't seem to appreciate housemates that aren't in your personal list of favorites, or understand people who like them.

A housemate becomes my favorite by me liking their personality, them being wildly entertaining, or a combination of both. It's not all objective. Sometimes we tend view housemates as "characters" and not just as people.

Let's say Marcus from BB10 for example. As a person, I'm not particularly keen on his personality. However, as a character, I like him and appreciate him in the same way one would like and appreciate a villain in a movie. As a character, I like him because he contributed many storylines, conflicts, and interesting situations within the house and was a major talking point in and out of the house.

For example, housemates I like/appreciate...
Entertaining/Personality - Makosi, Charley, Nikki, Rex
Personality - Sophie (BB10), Sara (BB9), Glyn, Benedict
Entertaining - Marcus, Alexandra, Grace, Bea

That's what I base it off of. If I find a housemate neither entertaining nor likable as people, then I don't like them. People like Laura BB8, Tracey BB8, Dave BB11, and Lisa BB10 I didn't find likable or entertaining.

Macie Lightfoot
21-07-2013, 12:41 AM
The ones I listed as legends are legends to me because they're legendary to me and made the series worthwhile. I guess if you want to call me biased for having favorites you can do so, whatever. I'm not going to appreciate someone like Ziggy because it was his contributions that ruined parts of BB8 nor will I understand someone liking someone who puts a scab in someone else's food, because that's scraping the bottom of earth's barrel to find one of the world's worst human beings.

And yes, I'm fully aware that sometimes we tend to view HMs as "characters," I don't need a condescending lecture to teach me that.

Marsh.
21-07-2013, 12:46 AM
More proof the show's disappearing down the drain.

iRyan
21-07-2013, 12:54 AM
The ones I listed as legends are legends to me because they're legendary to me and made the series worthwhile. I guess if you want to call me biased for having favorites you can do so, whatever. I'm not going to appreciate someone like Ziggy because it was his contributions that ruined parts of BB8 nor will I understand someone liking someone who puts a scab in someone else's food, because that's scraping the bottom of earth's barrel to find one of the world's worst human beings.

And yes, I'm fully aware that sometimes we tend to view HMs as "characters," I don't need a condescending lecture to teach me that.

I don't know why you are using Ziggy as an example as I never said he was an entertaining housemate that one should appreciate, he was a housemate that I personally liked by the end. I'm not calling you biased for having favorites, but its biased to parade your favorite housemates as legends and the best housemates ever and anyone who disagrees or has a different opinion is wrong. In your eyes maybe, but not in general. And if you're aware people view housemates as characters, why are you so surprised that someone would appreciate a hm like Marcus as a character although not like them as a person? I nicely laid out my points in the previous post yet you're still not getting it, so I'm not going to continue to repeat myself.

I'm not trying to be condescending either, I'm literally just trying to get you to understand my point.

Macie Lightfoot
21-07-2013, 01:42 AM
But you're just putting words in my mouth now since I'm not saying that anyone who disagrees or has a different opinion is wrong. In fact it's the people like you who come in and question my taste are the ones that seem to have problems with people having different opinions. This all started with you questioning me saying that Rachel and Luke A are two of the best winners by default (since almost every other winner is awful), and people like reece(: and Black Dagger and Jack_ are always acting like it's completely unfathomable for someone like Lisa Wallace of Jem to have a single fan. I'm not the one who has a problem with different opinions.

There's nothing to get with your points, I don't know why you're so fixated on me needing to understand that people appreciate Marcus when you were the one to bring him up in the first place and I haven't said a thing about him.

iRyan
21-07-2013, 05:37 AM
But you're just putting words in my mouth now since I'm not saying that anyone who disagrees or has a different opinion is wrong. In fact it's the people like you who come in and question my taste are the ones that seem to have problems with people having different opinions. This all started with you questioning me saying that Rachel and Luke A are two of the best winners by default (since almost every other winner is awful), and people like reece(: and Black Dagger and Jack_ are always acting like it's completely unfathomable for someone like Lisa Wallace of Jem to have a single fan. I'm not the one who has a problem with different opinions.

There's nothing to get with your points, I don't know why you're so fixated on me needing to understand that people appreciate Marcus when you were the one to bring him up in the first place and I haven't said a thing about him.

I've constantly seen you do it on here though, nitpick at and dismiss other member's opinions of housemates. I questioned your taste because you are always doing it to other people. Always. See how it feels? You immediately got defensive when I questioned your taste.

And I only mentioned Marcus twice and as an EXAMPLE, i'm not solely talking about him.

The whole point I was trying to make was moreso in response to comments like these:

Let me just make this clear since this forum has tried to delude itself: CHRIS WAS IN NO WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM A "BIG CHARACTER" AND THUS A GOOD HOUSEMATE (there isn't even a correlation between those but that's a whole nother argument.)

I didn't intend for the discussion to head in that direction, but it just naturally did.

ConnieLingus
21-07-2013, 05:41 AM
Welsh people are cu nts.

Do not allow them to progress in BB.

Tulin
21-07-2013, 05:50 AM
Except that they spell that word as "dlwyddthlgogogog".

Don't DARE say that on a Saturday night in Cardiff or you'll be anally raped within seconds (a national sport there btw too!).

ConnieLingus
21-07-2013, 06:04 AM
I want to say that I have had 3 sheep in 6 years who have gone missing.

Apart from the other sheep I have lost, there are those who have made accusations of rape against Welsh people, and the sheep have also had 6 cases of paternity lawsuits, where 4 have eventually ended up with DNA results which mean that Dolly, Fleecey, Blackface, and Big Bottom, are all in the frame for those rape cases.

Tulin
21-07-2013, 06:17 AM
Is it true Welsh sheep don't say "BAAAAA" but rather "DLWYDHLYLLDHGOGOGO"?

Verbal
21-07-2013, 06:22 AM
Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful
They are so cute, white and fluffy

OH FLUFFY SHEEP

KmA5dpkz1n0

Tulin
21-07-2013, 06:27 AM
Is that Welsh porn?

Macie Lightfoot
21-07-2013, 07:10 AM
I've constantly seen you do it on here though, nitpick at and dismiss other member's opinions of housemates. I questioned your taste because you are always doing it to other people. Always. See how it feels? You immediately got defensive when I questioned your taste.

And I only mentioned Marcus twice and as an EXAMPLE, i'm not solely talking about him.

The whole point I was trying to make was moreso in response to comments like these:

I didn't intend for the discussion to head in that direction, but it just naturally did.

Enough people question my taste on a regular basis and I'm never fazed by it so it doesn't matter to me. I'm just loling @ searching back weeks to find an old post of mine to prove some point or stage an intervention or whatever you even want to call this.

iRyan
21-07-2013, 07:23 AM
Enough people question my taste on a regular basis and I'm never fazed by it so it doesn't matter to me. I'm just loling @ searching back weeks to find an old post of mine to prove some point or stage an intervention or whatever you even want to call this.

It took less than 20 seconds to find, not quite searching back weeks.

dyfed
21-07-2013, 10:24 AM

I agree,I have lived in many parts of the world,I have never been offended by the name Taffy,I have always took it as an endearment...

karezza
21-07-2013, 10:27 AM
Who cares where the housemates come from?

dyfed
21-07-2013, 10:54 AM
Who cares where the housemates come from?

Ah the voice of reason:xyxwave:.

Raph
13-08-2013, 05:57 PM
Looks more and more likely that we're going to have another Welsh winner, YEAH BUDDY! :D

smudgie
13-08-2013, 05:58 PM
Looks more and more likely that we're going to have another Welsh winner, YEAH BUDDY! :D

Amazing. :dance:

The lad has done well.

reece(:
13-08-2013, 05:59 PM
Only decent welsh HMs have been Laura, Sam, Glyn and Imogen. I find it extremely silly to like a HM just because they're welsh though... come on, seriously?

Raph
13-08-2013, 06:01 PM
Only decent welsh HMs have been Laura, Sam, Glyn and Imogen. I find it extremely silly to like a HM just because they're welsh though... come on, seriously?

I do it every year :laugh: But to be fair, I didn't like Dave - if a Welsh housemate really is unbearable then of course i'm not going to support them. That being said, in general the Welsh housemates are always the nicest ones (e.g. Helen, Glyn, Rachel, Luke A and Sam to name a few), and that's why I love them. Cause the Welsh are lovely :blush:

DrunkerThanMoses
13-08-2013, 06:02 PM
BB15 will be won by Barker

and BB16 will be won by yours truly

so soon there will be 5 Welsh winners

Raph
13-08-2013, 06:03 PM
BB15 will be won by Barker

and BB16 will be won by yours truly

so soon there will be 5 Welsh winners

You know it. :thumbs:

#Channel5lovestheWelsh

reece(:
13-08-2013, 06:06 PM
I do it every year :laugh: But to be fair, I didn't like Dave - if a Welsh housemate really is unbearable then of course i'm not going to support them. That being said, in general the Welsh housemates are always the nicest ones (e.g. Helen, Glyn, Rachel, Luke A and Sam to name a few), and that's why I love them. Cause the Welsh are lovely :blush:

As long as you like the four I stated then all is acceptable Raph and I was referring to Sam BB7 and Laura BB8(:love:). They're typecasted as bores because people think of Rachel Rice and Sam BB14 who haven't done much but infact a good portion of the Welsh have been good HMs. And good call on Dave the Monk - AWFUL man.

Raph
13-08-2013, 06:08 PM
As long as you like the four I stated then all is acceptable Raph and I was referring to Sam BB7 and Laura BB8(:love:). They're typecasted as bores because people think of Rachel Rice and Sam BB14 who haven't done much but infact a good portion of the Welsh have been good HMs. And good call on Dave the Monk - AWFUL man.

Of course :) But Sam BB7 was ethnically Indonesian and originally from Glasgow, so he wasn't Welsh :p

I know! People always say the Welsh housemates are boring but it's not true! It is funny though that other than Dave all Welsh housemates have been really nice. Says something about Wales I think :spin: If only Hira had been Welsh too :blush:

mikopale
13-08-2013, 06:31 PM
Actually, Luke A isn't Welsh. He is South African. He just lives in Wales. Plus I don't think Mario from BB11 is Welsh. I don't think a winner should win just because of their nationality. They should win if they are nice. I want Sam to win cause he is a nice person, not because he is Welsh. I would still want to him to win even if he was a different nationality.

mikopale
13-08-2013, 06:32 PM

Why do you hate Welsh people? What have they done to you?