PDA

View Full Version : Should we make Sam a winner for his cause

Tozzie
20-07-2013, 08:39 PM
While I know Sam is deaf I hadn't realised that Sam has gone in the house for the benefit of helping other deaf people and to raise awareness for a deaf charity. I am wondering if people think he should win the show because its a worthy cause or should it be the winner is about who entertains you most. I find Sam a boring housemate and not enjoyed him at all and really don't want him to win but now I'm feeling kinda mean for thinking like this. I;m interested to hear what others think on this subject.

Vanessa
20-07-2013, 08:40 PM
No. And Sam is not even nice. He's a bit if a twat. :nono:

CaudleHalbard
20-07-2013, 08:40 PM
There are plenty of other ways of supporting causes.

BB is not a charity.

Raph
20-07-2013, 08:41 PM
I think Sam should win but not because of the cause. Sure, that's an added bonus but it shouldn't really be taken into account considering it doesn't have anything to do with his time in the house really. I think he should win, on the contrary, because of how nice and funny he has been there, and for his genuine friendship with Callum. The fact that he's Welsh and he's doing it for a good cause are just added bonus'.

Kazanne
20-07-2013, 08:42 PM
While I know Sam is deaf I hadn't realised that Sam has gone in the house for the benefit of helping other deaf people and to raise awareness for a deaf charity. I am wondering if people think he should win the show because its a worthy cause or should it be the winner is about who entertains you most. I find Sam a boring housemate and not enjoyed him at all and really don't want him to win but now I'm feeling kinda mean for thinking like this. I;m interested to hear what others think on this subject.

That's a great sentiment Tozzie,but it'll never go down well,Most BB fans want tossers to win,have only known 3/4 NICE winners.God forbid Sam says anything about one of the favourites,lol,but I hope Sam does well.

Roy Mars III
no

smeagol
http://25.media.tumblr.com/01a3bc01f83d71f86f30c50a7a091156/tumblr_mns6vnDFXc1ql41ypo1_250.gif

karezza
20-07-2013, 08:43 PM

People like you with sentiments like this are the enemy of Big Brother.

:devil:

Kazanne
20-07-2013, 08:44 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/01a3bc01f83d71f86f30c50a7a091156/tumblr_mns6vnDFXc1ql41ypo1_250.gif

Those eyes need plucking out :joker::joker:

Cherie
Is his cause raising awareness of expanding winkies..? no just being in there should be enough to raise awareness, is he donating the winnings to the Charity also or a portion of it, or any of it??

Kazanne
People like you with sentiments like this are the enemy of Big Brother.

:devil:

Nowt wrong with somone showing a bit of compassion.

smudgie
20-07-2013, 08:46 PM

No. Sam may have gone into the house to raise awareness, and I believe he may have done so. This can only be good.
I do think his deafness will work against him however as I have seen comments on this very forum moaning about how they can't understand him etc. You do have to listen a little more keenly at times but that is hardly his fault.

You should not feel mean because you find him boring he has the right to be judged on he same merits as the rest.

I like Sam he has had some good moments on l/f.

karezza
20-07-2013, 08:46 PM
Nowt wrong with somone showing a bit of compassion.

Compassion has no place in Big Brother. :nono:

fingers
20-07-2013, 08:48 PM
Those eyes need plucking out :joker::joker:

He was on BBBOTS on Thursday night!

Kazanne
20-07-2013, 08:50 PM

Compassion has a place anywhere

CaudleHalbard
20-07-2013, 08:55 PM

Except BB. Lol! ;)

Cherie
20-07-2013, 08:55 PM

To a degree Kaz, but I think it would be patronising to hand the crown to Sam because he happens to be a nice deaf lad, it is a show, he hasn't done enough to make the H/Ls, maybe now he is in the safe house it will be his time to shine who knows.

karezza
20-07-2013, 08:57 PM
Any housemate with a disability should automatically win even if they are boring as **** and contribute nothing to the show.

Kazanne
20-07-2013, 08:57 PM
To a degree Kaz, but I think it would be patronising to hand the crown to Sam because he happens to be a nice deaf lad, it is a show, he hasn't done enough to make the H/Ls, maybe now he is in the safe house it will be his time to shine who knows.

Oh I agree Cherie,I just though Tozzies post was a nice sentiment,being partially deaf myself I can emphasize with Sam,but if he stands a chance of winning ,I agree he needs to step up his game.:xyxwave:

Kazanne
20-07-2013, 08:58 PM
Any housemate with a disability should automatically win even if they are boring as **** and contribute nothing to the show.

No one said that at all.

smeagol
20-07-2013, 08:59 PM
im not sure how going in bb is doing anything for deaf people. he can hear pretty well condsidering. and is he doin naff all since he has been there.

but same as luke a will prob win. its sad should be based on personality not condition

this is me if he wins
http://24.media.tumblr.com/4ba140cd97f11da6bcbe897c10b99ca1/tumblr_mif4cnWvkt1rfwgx5o1_500.gif

Speedster
20-07-2013, 09:29 PM
No. He shouldn't win just because he wants to "raise awareness" of people who're deaf, as someone else said, there are other ways of doing that, besides, what has he actually done to "raise awareness"? of deaf people?.

As someone with a physical disability (i'm in wheelchair) I can tell you that no-one in his position would want to just be given all this money "cos he's disabled", they'd want to win it because they DESERVED to win it and therefore won it fair and square :).

swinearefine
20-07-2013, 09:31 PM
**** that, this is a personality contest not a charity.

Tregard
20-07-2013, 09:32 PM
A housemate should win for the housemate.

armand.kay
20-07-2013, 09:35 PM
Gurl bai.

Patrick
20-07-2013, 09:41 PM
'Oh I hadn't realise he had gone in to help other deaf people and raise awareness'

How thick can you be? I'm sorry but really?

How does that differ between the same bullsh*t Wolfy spewed out in the diary room that time? Or the bollocks Mikey from BB9 use to harper on about? It's a sob story simple as that.

Raise awareness for what exactly? The public know that it's possible to be deaf. It isn't like he's Pete from BB7, he went in for a real cause - many people watching the show back then didn't realise the full extent of suffering from tourettes.

Sam is a dull bastard and deserves to leave, the fact you think he should win for being deaf is hilarious tbqh.

Johnnyuk123
20-07-2013, 10:08 PM
Sam is embarassing deaf people all over the uk i am sure, because i know many people way more interesting than Sam with hearing problems and none of them support him simply because he contributes nothing to the show or the awareness of deaf people.

Johnnyuk123
20-07-2013, 10:11 PM
The obese children only cried because mummy usually brings them happy meals from mcdonalds and she didn't bring them this time. Sorry i meant a family bucket each from KFC.

Jords
20-07-2013, 10:51 PM
Nope.

ILOVEBB
21-07-2013, 02:41 AM
No i really really find him so boring,it be sad if someone so dull won BB and he will not win Because people will not pick up the phone to vote for him unless there is a big push on bot for him to win.

tonster76
21-07-2013, 02:58 AM
I don't think he's after a sympathy or charity vote. That would defeat the purpose.

Videostar
21-07-2013, 04:51 AM
There are plenty of other ways of supporting causes.

BB is not a charity.

Hear hear.

And that is why Nadia, Luke A and Pete shouldn't have won either, all terrible winners, undeserving in their wins as they were nasty and in Luke A's case dull HM's, but still won for other more PC reasons.

Vanessa
21-07-2013, 04:57 AM
Hear hear.

And that is why Nadia, Luke A and Pete shouldn't have won either, all terrible winners, undeserving in their wins as they were nasty and in Luke A's case dull HM's, but still won for other more PC reasons.

Pete Bennett was amazing. I loved him. But i agree about the others. :hugesmile:

waterhog
21-07-2013, 05:16 AM
he is a loverly guy and has done nothing wrong but to be entertaining as he does not let his disabilities hold him back - and this is very hard to do. respect to this guy.

i would not mind him winning but at this stage in the comp - charlie is my winner. but things can change.

Champagnechrisy
21-07-2013, 07:10 AM
I like Sam,he is funny without realising it.
A bit of a innocent too,never tried champagne,
Can't say his alphabet!
I think he is sweet and needs more airtime!
Don't know if he is a winner,he isn't shown
Enough to be able to judge!

Verbal
21-07-2013, 07:16 AM
Hahaha you just owned Connie :joker:
Lets hope for gods sake they sod off now :)

http://affordablehousinginstitute.org/blogs/us/wp-content/uploads/hear_hear-228x300.jpg

Verbal
21-07-2013, 07:19 AM
Maybe you should have used the correct terminology, "Here, here", instead of being anti PC by bringing attention to his hearing difficulties.

http://www.all-the-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/74d3b__tumblr_m6hvfunD911qdpszyo1_500.gif

Johnnyuk123
21-07-2013, 08:14 AM
This is no different than to say that Charlie should win simply because she is taking part in BB for all the other girls out there whos lives have suffered from having an overbearing mother from hell.

Or saying the obese children should win because they are obese.

Or Hazel should win as she is representing all the girls out there who were born pretty.
etc.....

joeysteele
21-07-2013, 09:40 AM
I think Sam to be fair to him is already doing a fair bit for his cause by actually being there and mixing and getting along with so many people.
He hasn't really been nominated that much at all and it is a bit sad that this twist could result in him being turfed out.

Speaking personally I don't though agree that someone should win purely because they are representing a good cause, it is likely many of the housemates would support good and maybe even better causes if BB was based on something like that.

I have warmed to Sam these last few days, I do admire how he gets along in the house doing his thing and mixing and being as full a housemate as he wants or feels he wants to be.
I do hope he stays this week,that in itself will be a very well deserved result.

Cherie
21-07-2013, 09:51 AM
I like Sam,he is funny without realising it.
A bit of a innocent too,never tried champagne,
Can't say his alphabet!
I think he is sweet and needs more airtime!
Don't know if he is a winner,he isn't shown
Enough to be able to judge!

Sorry to be a cynic but he doesn't know what a thistle is either and some other stuff that he said made me feel he is going down the tried and tested "I'm a bit fick" route. I think he is deceptively intelligent.

Verbal
21-07-2013, 10:14 AM
Sorry to be a cynic but he doesn't know what a thistle is either and some other stuff that he said made me feel he is going down the tried and tested "I'm a bit fick" route. I think he is deceptively intelligent.

As someone elsewhere has already pointed out, his inability to recite the alphabet will be down to his hearing difficulties.

Kyle
21-07-2013, 10:24 AM

Judging by this forum and other forums, it seems that compassion has no place in the average big brother viewer aswell.

I hope he wins personally but as someone else has alluded to a complete and utter prat is going to win as defined in the speidi principle.

Tis the world we live in.

Daffodil
21-07-2013, 10:27 AM
I recall seeing Sam losing his temper in the early weeks and calling Dan a 'bell-end' in a really nasty way, not light-hearted. I saw a flash of his temper recently too when he was in 'jail'. When he swears, he does it nastily. And as for him telling Jemima that she made his willie get big (or something) ... yuk yuk and thrice yuk. Sorry, I don't judge a person on their possible physical/medical problems, but on their characters. And he, is not a nice person. :pipe: :bawling: :dog:

CaudleHalbard
21-07-2013, 10:28 AM
Judging by this forum and other forums, it seems that compassion has no place in the average big brother viewer aswell.

A touch judgemental?

I think Sam would be humiliated to think he only won because of his partial deafness.

Who is lacking compassion here, one wonders?

karezza
21-07-2013, 10:28 AM

I hope he wins personally but as someone else has alluded to a complete and utter prat is going to win as defined in the speidi principle.

The most interesting, intriguing housemates should win. It has nothing to do with sympathy.

Kyle
21-07-2013, 10:33 AM
A touch judgemental?

I think Sam would be humiliated to think he only won because of his partial deafness.

Who is lacking compassion here, one wonders?

I am not the one wanting certain housemates to win because of how much trouble they stir within the house.

It's up to sam if he feels humiliated but I happen to think that even without factoring his partial deafness he is a good person too. That makes him 'boring' to most people who watch this show.

Kyle
21-07-2013, 10:34 AM
The most interesting, intriguing housemates should win. It has nothing to do with sympathy.

Just remember that these 'interesting' people, should they act like that in the real world would cause misery to a great number of people. It's almost rewarding the darker sides of human traits by putting these people on a pedestal.

CaudleHalbard
21-07-2013, 10:36 AM
Just remember that these 'interesting' people, should they act like that in the real world would cause misery to a great number of people. It's almost rewarding the darker sides of human traits by putting these people on a pedestal.

It's a game show. Although it's called reality TV it is nothing like real life.

smudgie
21-07-2013, 10:37 AM
Maybe you should have used the correct terminology, "Here, here", instead of being anti PC by bringing attention to his hearing difficulties.

Surely he did. :hugesmile:

Verbal
21-07-2013, 10:38 AM

You have to possess a modicum of intelligence in order to be able to express compassion. A trait clearly lacking in the large majority of BB viewers.

Kyle
21-07-2013, 10:39 AM
It's a game show. Although it's called reality TV it is nothing like real life.

You put 13 vastly different people in a situation where they are in an enclosed space and need to rely on each other to get food and items and it probably wouldn't be a lot different to what we have here.

That's what it makes it interesting I suppose. The false bravado aside it is an excellent example of human behaviour behind the veneer of our how we live our lives.

CaudleHalbard
21-07-2013, 10:42 AM
You have to possess a modicum of intelligence in order to be able to express compassion. A trait clearly lacking in the large majority of BB viewers.

You can be well below average intelligence but still have compassion.

It is often the highly intelligent who are lacking in this commodity, and who look down on their fellow beings.

Kazanne
21-07-2013, 10:43 AM
I think Sam to be fair to him is already doing a fair bit for his cause by actually being there and mixing and getting along with so many people.
He hasn't really been nominated that much at all and it is a bit sad that this twist could result in him being turfed out.

Speaking personally I don't though agree that someone should win purely because they are representing a good cause, it is likely many of the housemates would support good and maybe even better causes if BB was based on something like that.

I have warmed to Sam these last few days, I do admire how he gets along in the house doing his thing and mixing and being as full a housemate as he wants or feels he wants to be.
I do hope he stays this week,that in itself will be a very well deserved result.

Like this post Joey,I think it's a bit wrong if he goes out like this,as he seems well liked within the house,I know what it's like to struggle with hearing problems and Sam deals with his well,do people realize how embarrassing it is to be in a crowd and not be able to hear what they are saying properly,not saying he should win for that, but fair play to him for even entering.:hugesmile:

Verbal
21-07-2013, 10:44 AM
You can be well below average intelligence but still have compassion.

It is often the highly intelligent who are lacking in this commodity, and who look down on their fellow beings.

Fair point. I just saw an opportunity to use a few big words and took it.:joker:

Kyle
21-07-2013, 10:56 AM
Fair point. I just saw an opportunity to use a few big words and took it.:joker:

And I commend you for satisfactory usage of the English lexicon. Please accept my Complimentary gratification in your egotistical yearning for grammatical excellence. :joker:

billy123
21-07-2013, 10:59 AM
Not once have i seen the lad "represent a cause" or in any way use his hearing as an excuse for anything the suggestion he has is pathetic and built on nothing but housemate preference of the poster.
When it comes to criticizing his academic education because he struggled to recite the alphabet (not that he would ever say it) but just maybe his education had other more important priorities.

His emotional intelligenge far outweighs any lack of of academic intelligence and seems far more advanced than some on here and i know which wil get you further in life.

CaudleHalbard
21-07-2013, 11:05 AM

Antidisestablishmentarianism can lead to a certain amount of floccinaucinihilipilification.

Or so I'm told :D

Black Dagger
21-07-2013, 11:12 AM
no, he can always give money to charity, or talk about it in his interview.

He's a terrible, terrible house-mate.