PDA

View Full Version : Gina could break the 'black girl curse' by winning.

Headie
21-07-2013, 02:06 PM
No black girl has ever survived a BB eviction (other than Makosi, Vanessa, Heaven and Noirin, although they were all evicted when they were next up) and the 'curse of the black girl' has become notorious now :joker: But if Gina wins, she has not only survived multiple evictions, but she will also be the first black female winner ever. I didn't think it would be possible ever since Ife was evicted in a VTE for doing absolutely nothing wrong whatsloever, but now Gina could make BB history.

alex_front2
21-07-2013, 02:08 PM
She won't win. Sadly. Not against a 'nice anodyne' white person e.g. Sam or Sophie.

Black girl arguing = aggressive beligerent b*tch
White girl arguing = sticking up for self, feisty

She will go down (hopefully) as a great BB runner up

karezza
21-07-2013, 02:08 PM
The £100,000 would pay for 2 nights at the hotel.

CaudleHalbard
21-07-2013, 02:11 PM

She's never stayed at an upmarket hotel in her life!

Gina probably needs the money more than most of them in there - certainly more than someone like Charlie (described as posh totty).

alex_front2
21-07-2013, 02:13 PM
I think Charlie and Jackie probably do live somewhere like Fulham or Kensington

Samm
21-07-2013, 02:14 PM
Hope Gina does it is not all about the money to it is the pride of winning big brother and gina will be one of the best winner's ever . and Makosi should of won BB6 I could not think of any one else who should of won Anthony was one of the worse winner's ever (he only one because people felt sorry for him because Craig kept stalking him).

Daffodil
21-07-2013, 02:15 PM
I think Charlie and Jackie probably do live somewhere like Fulham or Kensington

The Jackie Travers shuffle vid is filmed in a very, very nice house indeed.

Nia-96
21-07-2013, 02:16 PM
I really hope she wins, even though she doesn't need the money. However someone shouldn't win just because they need the money more than other housemates, big brother isn't a charity, the winner should be someone who has actually deserved it

alex_front2
21-07-2013, 02:17 PM
Poorest HM probably Wolfy

Sophie's dad seems like a ducker and diver with some cash, plus she drives a decent BMW

smeagol
21-07-2013, 02:19 PM
she isnt doing enough to win. she is too spoilt rich people wont win. if thats a fake profile its a bad one.
the gina love is just crazy. i like her but not sure why she is liked so much,
she had potential but since the safe house shes came out and has been pretty boring really.
hopefully she will up her game .

Miranda123
21-07-2013, 02:20 PM

Or ten years in a Travelodge

Miranda123
21-07-2013, 02:21 PM
she isnt doing enough to win. she is too spoilt rich people wont win. if thats a fake profile its a bad one.
the gina love is just crazy. i like her but not sure why she is liked so much,
she had potential but since the safe house shes came out and has been pretty boring really.
hopefully she will up her game .

If rich people dont win, then your boy Dexter has no hope

Oh hang on........he has no hope anyway lolololol

smeagol
21-07-2013, 02:23 PM
If rich people dont win, then your boy Dexter has no hope

Oh hang on........he has no hope anyway lolololol

he isn't rich anything he had went long a go.

we all know a bore will win anyway sam or sophie zzz

Miranda123
21-07-2013, 02:23 PM
The Jackie Travers shuffle vid is filmed in a very, very nice house indeed.

They are definetly upper midddle class, which is why Jackie Troll Travers prefers Dexter to Callum

Callum has no money

Its all about the dosh

"Id rather my daughter be with a prostitute using strip club promotere, as long as he has money"

Nice family, the Travers lolololol

Miranda123
21-07-2013, 02:25 PM
he isn't rich anything he had went long a go.

we all know a bore will win anyway sam or sophie zzz

GINA, GINA, GINA, GINA,, GINA, GINA,, GINA, GINA, GINA, GINA, GINA,, GINA

as the crowd sang on Friday night lololololol

Miranda123
21-07-2013, 02:26 PM
Poorest HM probably Wolfy

Sophie's dad seems like a ducker and diver with some cash, plus she drives a decent BMW

I agree about Wolfy, but if it takes you 3 months to save up 50 pounds, the solution is simple

GET A JOB

camertone
21-07-2013, 02:38 PM
Gina to win!!!

Vicky.
21-07-2013, 03:33 PM
Surely this 'curse' has already been broken by her surviving multiple evictions anyway.

If she doesn't win though, I have no doubt that those who used to bleat on about the public being so obviously racist because a black person has never won*, will continue to do so. Totally ignoring the fact that she made the final, and was saved numerous times.

*Ignoring Belo. As apparently he was white inside or some other rubbish.

Josy
21-07-2013, 03:43 PM
(No black girl has ever survived a BB eviction other than Makosi, Vanessa, Heaven and Noirin)

^^^ That's a completely hypocritical comment.

Vicky.
21-07-2013, 03:45 PM

Almost like some members are trying to make something out of nothing eh? :whistle:

Headie
21-07-2013, 03:49 PM

You cut off half of the quote to make your argument look better :suspect:

Besides, Can you think of any black girls that weren't booed upon eviction? Neither can I.

Headie
21-07-2013, 03:54 PM
Almost like some members are trying to make something out of nothing eh? :whistle:

I thought one of the rules on this forum was to keep comments directed towards housemates, not fellow users? :nono:

reece(:
21-07-2013, 03:55 PM
I want her to win so she can buy a new weave.

YodaBB
21-07-2013, 04:01 PM
Lol, It's like saying No female has ever won Big Brother except Kate, Nadia, Rachel, Sophie & Josie. Just weird.

Speedster
21-07-2013, 04:04 PM

Besides, Can you think of any black girls that weren't booed upon eviction? Neither can I.

With respect, can you think of a black man who was booed?. I don't think that the curse you mentioned exists; I think the curse is a gender thing, always have.

Sorry for going off topic.:)

Vicky.
21-07-2013, 04:07 PM
I thought one of the rules on this forum was to keep comments directed towards housemates, not fellow users? :nono:
Sorry for pointing out how ridiculous this 'black girl curse' opinion is.
Lol, It's like saying No female has ever won Big Brother except Kate, Nadia, Rachel, Sophie & Josie. Just weird.

Indeed :joker:

Josy
21-07-2013, 04:13 PM

I don't need to make my argument sound better, that comment you posted was hypocritical that was the only part I needed to quote??...

Gina wasn't booed the other night, in fact she was cheered and had her name chanted.

Headie
21-07-2013, 04:28 PM
I don't need to make my argument sound better, that comment you posted was hypocritical that was the only part I needed to quote??...

Gina wasn't booed the other night, in fact she was cheered and had her name chanted.

Thus the whole point of this thread.

I'm done with this now anyway, lets all just move on and agree to disagree. Don't feel like arguing with 3+ people over such a small thread that I made out of fun.

kate2013
21-07-2013, 05:08 PM
Its because in essence your post reads that Gina should win because of the colour of her skin. If Gina wins I hope its on enterainment value. I hope she'd agree.
Its like saying I hope Sophie wins because shes white.
I don't think you meant it to come across like that, but to me it does read that way.

Vanessa
21-07-2013, 05:09 PM
If Gina wants to win she needs to do more. She's been quiet ever since she found out she's fave to win.

MrWong
21-07-2013, 05:16 PM
If Gina wants to win she needs to do more. She's been quiet ever since she found out she's fave to win.

She hasn't been quiet. She was edited out of the HL's to better her chances of staying when she was up for eviction.

I'm sure she'll feature more this week.

Vanessa
21-07-2013, 05:17 PM
She hasn't been quiet. She was edited out of the HL's to better her chances of staying when she was up for eviction.

I'm sure she'll feature more this week.

I want her in the final anyway. Better her than Sam and Sophie.

kate2013
21-07-2013, 05:18 PM
I don't know, I think the others are getting desperate and are grabbing at straws, they may end up doing something they regret and bring on their own demise out of impulse.Gina may be wiser, shes stayed consistant in her attempt to stand alone. Everyone bitches behind backs, Dexter is a sugar daddy who gambled, if we decide this on who will use the money more wisely then it makes the show null and void.

*mazedsalv**
21-07-2013, 05:19 PM
Gina said a few weeks back if she ever wins, she would give the money to charity.

Vanessa
21-07-2013, 05:20 PM
Gina said a few weeks back if she ever wins, she would give the money to charity.

Dexter said the same. He doesn't need the money. It's nice of them. :hugesmile:

kate2013
21-07-2013, 05:24 PM
If Dexter gambles the money, if Gina buys a new weave and a prada bag and shoes who cares, no one else depicts how the actors on corrie or eastenders spend their money. Or if posh Spice spends £1,0000 on a belt.

Be more angry at politicians spending our money on toilet seats and extensions on their Mansions.

EzzaB
21-07-2013, 05:28 PM

People wouldn't be saying the same thing if all of the females that have won were black/asian.
There would be a lot of people saying 'oh this is the year a white girl can win', im sure of it.

Jords
21-07-2013, 05:29 PM
Gina already has, she has survived 4 evictions with ease.

reece(:
21-07-2013, 05:39 PM
If Gina wins she'll probably give half the money to Wolfy.

Macie Lightfoot
21-07-2013, 05:52 PM
No black girl has ever survived a BB eviction (other than Makosi, Vanessa, Heaven and Noirin, although they were all evicted when they were next up) and the 'curse of the black girl' has become notorious now :joker: But if Gina wins, she has not only survived multiple evictions, but she will also be the first black female winner ever. I didn't think it would be possible ever since Ife was evicted in a VTE for doing absolutely nothing wrong whatsloever, but now Gina could make BB history.

Weren't you JUST complaining that this twist would be the end of Gina? But now she's gonna win? K then...

Macie Lightfoot
21-07-2013, 07:25 PM
Surely this 'curse' has already been broken by her surviving multiple evictions anyway.

If she doesn't win though, I have no doubt that those who used to bleat on about the public being so obviously racist because a black person has never won*, will continue to do so. Totally ignoring the fact that she made the final, and was saved numerous times.

*Ignoring Belo. As apparently he was white inside or some other rubbish.

It's still worth pointing out that Heaven was the first black girl to survive a head to head eviction, and Gina's the only other one to do so if you count when Dexter was saved Week 1. Being black and having a vagina is a disadvantage on BB. The public is far more likely to label black girls as loud, aggressive, argumentative, etc. Marcus was an extremely aggressive person but nobody calls him that, and there's no way Sophia would've been an overwhelming favorite if she acted the same way Freddie did. You really have to look no further than "BB will tell two lies" and then the public nominates Makosi (who may be justified on the fact that she was such a extraordinary character that she was too much of a bitch to exist) and Vanessa (who was completely harmless), the horrible hate campaigns created to get out Rachael, Ife, Rachel (she got nearly two thirds over the vote against DAVE AND JOHN JAMES I would probably kill myself if that happened to me), and Jo, who were all harmless but were ripped to shreds for no good reason.

I know, I know, "but Belo won!" "but Makosi beat Lesley in a housewide eviction!" "but Heaven beat Rebeckah!" but looking at this as an "all or nothing" case isn't right. Just because those things happened doesn't mean that the GBP is never racist ever.

Well the fact that it took nine series to get two biological female winners speaks for itself doesn't it?

swinearefine
21-07-2013, 07:39 PM
It's still worth pointing out that Heaven was the first black girl to survive a head to head eviction, and Gina's the only other one to do so if you count when Dexter was saved Week 1. Being black and having a vagina is a disadvantage on BB. The public is far more likely to label black girls as loud, aggressive, argumentative, etc. Marcus was an extremely aggressive person but nobody calls him that, and there's no way Sophia would've been an overwhelming favorite if she acted the same way Freddie did. You really have to look no further than "BB will tell two lies" and then the public nominates Makosi (who may be justified on the fact that she was such a extraordinary character that she was too much of a bitch to exist) and Vanessa (who was completely harmless), the horrible hate campaigns created to get out Rachael, Ife, Rachel (she got nearly two thirds over the vote against DAVE AND JOHN JAMES I would probably kill myself if that happened to me), and Jo, who were all harmless but were ripped to shreds for no good reason.

I know, I know, "but Belo won!" "but Makosi beat Lesley in a housewide eviction!" "but Heaven beat Rebeckah!" but looking at this as an "all or nothing" case isn't right. Just because those things happened doesn't mean that the GBP is never racist ever.

Well the fact that it took nine series to get two biological female winners speaks for itself doesn't it?

:worship: I'm shocked that some people are denying the blatant racism and sexism on Big Brother. I think it'll take a little more than Heaven beating one of the biggest ***********s in the show's history (and subsequently being evicted over Aden the following week :idc:) to show that there is equality on BB.

Headie
21-07-2013, 08:06 PM

:worship: Thank you so much! At least someone understand what I'm trying to say :amazed:

I was trying to imply in my original post that there haven't been any popular black girls and all of them were hated, and I wasn't just trying to be like "oh look, 5 black girls have survived an eviction but they are all cursed" blah blah blah.

Macie Lightfoot
21-07-2013, 09:48 PM
Oh trust me, I definitely get what you're saying. Obviously some people are going to be PC and act like racism doesn't exist with the voting public, and while explicit racism doesn't (ie "shut up dude, go make some rice" which I'm still not completely sure how to react to in BBUS), casual racism is still a thing. People have asked "when will they EVER cast a likable black girl" as if to imply that every black girl ever cast on this show is unlikable, and as soon as anyone gets in an argument or shows a glimmer of a personality, whether in the right or wrong, they are seen as fulfilling The Angry Black Woman stereotype. Shievonne getting <20% of the vote against Conor of all people is enough proof of this that I forgot to mention in my previous post.

Marc
22-07-2013, 03:35 PM
Well Done. You've successfully made it about race.

chuff me dizzy
22-07-2013, 04:23 PM
Her colour (:sleep: ) is not my reason for disliking her ,as I doubt is isnt for 99% of the other folk who dont like her .....its her fake accent ,up her own arse ways ...arrogance ,ignorance and bone idleness

Redway
22-07-2013, 04:29 PM
Another thread on skin colour. :bored:

chuff me dizzy
22-07-2013, 04:31 PM
Another thread on skin colour. :bored:

Bores the arse off of me, but it HAS to happen EVERY series or the PC brigade think they have done their job

reece(:
22-07-2013, 04:39 PM
All though they're a lot of coincidences, I REALLY do not think the public go "oh they're black I'm evicting them". That's nonsense.

cizzah97
22-07-2013, 04:46 PM
inb4 someone deems this thread racist :joker:

chuff me dizzy
22-07-2013, 04:48 PM
All though they're a lot of coincidences, I REALLY do not think the public go "oh they're black I'm evicting them". That's nonsense.

The fact of the matter is ,nice people win BB ,to date a bitch ( male,female,black or white) has never won the show,apart from Shilpa and oh boy was she a true bitch ,but she didnt win fair and square ,she won on silly PC pity,so not a worthy, BB winner voters and true fans do not like nasty,fake or bitchy ,and I hope they never do

Jack_
22-07-2013, 04:52 PM
The fact of the matter is ,nice people win BB ,to date a bitch ( male,female,black or white) has never won the show,and I hope they never do

...um, Luke A? He might've been nice but there wasn't a single person in the house last year that wasn't a bitch, I'm not taking no for an answer

Most housemates in BB6 were bitchy, so Anthony is included

And Aaron might not've been a bitch in the literal sense of the word but he was a manipulative game player (which was fantastic obviously), and so I actually can't understand how you liked him when you seem so opposed to that in every other series

Vanessa
22-07-2013, 05:08 PM
I don't want he to win anymore. I've gone right off her lately. Dexter deserves to win. :dance:

Headie
22-07-2013, 05:12 PM
I don't want he to win anymore. I've gone right off her lately. Dexter deserves to win. :dance:

Ok thanks for your input :) Even though this thread said nothing about expressing your like or dislike for Gina.

Gstar
22-07-2013, 06:24 PM
HB123, Swine and troys posts on this thread :worship: :worship:

That is all

Brother Leon
22-07-2013, 06:27 PM
Pretty sure she's mixed race, but still. Would make a good winner either way.

Macie Lightfoot
22-07-2013, 07:02 PM

I guess I'll just post my point on casual racism again.

Oh trust me, I definitely get what you're saying. Obviously some people are going to be PC and act like racism doesn't exist with the voting public, and while explicit racism doesn't (ie "shut up dude, go make some rice" which I'm still not completely sure how to react to in BBUS), casual racism is still a thing. People have asked "when will they EVER cast a likable black girl" as if to imply that every black girl ever cast on this show is unlikable, and as soon as anyone gets in an argument or shows a glimmer of a personality, whether in the right or wrong, they are seen as fulfilling The Angry Black Woman stereotype. Shievonne getting <20% of the vote against Conor of all people is enough proof of this that I forgot to mention in my previous post.

MrWong
22-07-2013, 07:19 PM
HB123, Swine and troys posts on this thread :worship: :worship:

That is all

Seconded. Some great points raised with not a lot of countering.

rionablue
22-07-2013, 08:18 PM
Gina hasnt a hope of winning. She is sly fake and bitchy and even her army of followers wont be able to swing it for her. Or the eviction crowds either for that matter!

Headie
22-07-2013, 08:21 PM
Gina hasnt a hope of winning. She is sly fake and bitchy and even her army of followers wont be able to swing it for her. Or the eviction crowds either for that matter!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/98407ee2c22a7fc46ce8c666b391eaea/tumblr_moumt5LP1b1rtx5lbo1_500.gif

Redway
22-07-2013, 09:41 PM
Bores the arse off of me, but it HAS to happen EVERY series or the PC brigade think they have done their job

As much as it pains me to say, I have to agree with this. You can rest assured that every series there'll be the same few banging on about how black girls in the house are treated unfairly. It's infuriating.

kate2013
22-07-2013, 10:10 PM
The best thing I've read on this thread is the word "Thundercxnts" I've spent the whole day laughing at that, so thank you.

Videostar
22-07-2013, 10:13 PM
I wasn't aware there ever was a "black girl curse" theres never been a black girl who entered the BB house that deserved to win...nothing to do with colour, just that they weren't up to it.

Macie Lightfoot
22-07-2013, 10:33 PM
The issue isn't that a black girl hasn't won, it's that almost every black girl is evicted the first time they're nominated.

Vicky.
22-07-2013, 10:37 PM
Except Makosi, Vanessa, Heaven and Noirin

And Vanessa (and Makosi again) in the all up in week 2

Macie Lightfoot
22-07-2013, 10:46 PM
Hence why I said almost.

Headie
22-07-2013, 10:48 PM
Except Makosi, Vanessa, Heaven and Noirin

And Vanessa (and Makosi again) in the all up in week 2

Yeah but the next time they were up they were evicted and went out to boos.

Vicky.
22-07-2013, 10:49 PM
Yeah but the next time they were up they were evicted and went out to boos.

Pretty much everyone goes out to boos though. Well, they have done since about bb9..even the winner was booed :laugh:

Northern Monkey
22-07-2013, 10:58 PM
I wasn't aware there ever was a "black girl curse" theres never been a black girl who entered the BB house that deserved to win...nothing to do with colour, just that they weren't up to it.

Exactly!what's black got to do with it?

Amy Jade
22-07-2013, 10:58 PM
I think there is some racism within the vote, especially towards females.

I mean look at Deana last year there was blatant racism from fans of Conor on facebook and twitter. I am glad to say I think it's a small minority but I think it's a bit 'rose-tinted-glasses' to suggest there is no racism subtext now and then, I mean without mentioning names I've seen slight racism on this very forum as did mods.

chuff me dizzy
22-07-2013, 11:16 PM
As much as it pains me to say, I have to agree with this. You can rest assured that every series there'll be the same few banging on about how black girls in the house are treated unfairly. It's infuriating.

And chuffing boring ,but they all think their protest is unique ,but its really not

Macie Lightfoot
22-07-2013, 11:17 PM
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/4691/blacksbv.jpg

kate2013
22-07-2013, 11:28 PM
I understand this post has been started by people who support Gina, however if Gina was to start such a post herself and make such comments she would issolate and offend a great deal of the british public.
There is also racism against white people in this country why has race been brought into this? Its like dragging us backwards.
Again I have to say if Gina wins I hope its because for me what makes her entertaining is that she is well kept, she cares about her appearance and her designer clothes, she puts on a posh accent occasionally, yet when push comes to shove she'll swallow mackerel and eyes and whatever else was in that concortion to win a task. She is naturally funny because of this ambivalence. She has boundaries and she makes them clear. Her breasts are as large as Hazels yet she dont seek to use
them to gain the male vote. Up to this point if Gina won I wouldn't mind, for me its always been between Gina, Dexter and possibly Dan.

chuff me dizzy
22-07-2013, 11:30 PM
I understand this post has been started by people who support Gina, however if Gina was to start such a post herself and make such comments she would issolate and offend a great deal of the british public.
There is also racism against white people in this country why has race been brought into this? Its like dragging us backwards.
Again I have to say if Gina wins I hope its because for me what makes her entertaining is that she is well kept, she cares about her appearance and her designer clothes, she puts on a posh accent occasionally, yet when push comes to shove she'll swallow mackerel and eyes and whatever else was in that concortion to win a task. She is naturally funny because of this ambivalence. She has boundaries and she makes them clear. Her breasts are as large as Hazels yet she dont seek to use
them to gain the male vote. Just two little Samuel L Jacksons tucked away in there. Up to this point if Gina won I wouldn't mind, for me its always been between Gina, Dexter and possibly Dan.

Well said ,racism DOES work both ways

MrWong
23-07-2013, 06:41 AM
I think there is some racism within the vote, especially towards females.

I mean look at Deana last year there was blatant racism from fans of Conor on facebook and twitter. I am glad to say I think it's a small minority but I think it's a bit 'rose-tinted-glasses' to suggest there is no racism subtext now and then, I mean without mentioning names I've seen slight racism on this very forum as did mods.

This cannot be denied and those that do are deluding themselves.