PDA

View Full Version : Only way to salvage the twist

Miranda123
21-07-2013, 03:21 PM
If BB Producers care in any way what the public, who pay their wages think

They should announce that ALL housemates who are NOT in the SH are up for eviction

Who thinks the same (or differently, Im sure you all have an opinion)

joeysteele
21-07-2013, 03:26 PM
I'd go with that more than this twist and they could easily do it too because they could say it comes under the secrets and lies banner too.
Lying to the housemates and then the public too.

I definitely prefer that to this,no matter who Sophie and Sam choose to go in the safe house.

As a housemate, had I been in there, I would be absolutely livid to find I had been made responsible for forcing someone to be up for eviction when I totally beleived the opposite was true.
I don't mind secets but I hate lies I'm afraid.

Visage
They should announce that ALL housemates who are NOT in the SH are up for eviction

What would be point of the twist then?

Vicky.
From what I have seen, the majority like the twist :shrug:

Miranda123
21-07-2013, 03:27 PM
What would be point of the twist then?

there isnt one (except to save Hazel) its a crap twist

Visage
21-07-2013, 03:28 PM
I don't mind secets but I hate lies I'm afraid.

I don't like lies either Joey, but that's the theme of the show and if they didn't involve lies, we'd be questioning why call it that.

Cherie
21-07-2013, 03:30 PM
]If BB Producers care in any way what the public, who pay their wages think[/B]

I think the advertising pays their wages tbf, and no one forces you to pick up a phone, that is free choice.

Visage
21-07-2013, 03:30 PM

I think it's a great twist. I want the show to keep changing, it makes for a more interesting game in my opinion.

I like watching how housemates react, even more so when they mess around with their head.

joeysteele
21-07-2013, 03:42 PM
I don't like lies either Joey, but that's the theme of the show and if they didn't involve lies, we'd be questioning why call it that.

Well they did a lie when Dan,Gina,Dexter and Wolfy were told they were up for eviction but then it was not an eviction but 2 people staying in the maini house and 2 going into the safe house.

I can live with that kind of lie but I just fee,l thinking how I would feel myself, if I was a housemate in the safe house and was sked to 'save' another housemate from being nominated then I would be absolutely furious that I would have been put in that false position after being told the total opposite.
I actually would have felt so strongly that I think I would have left the show.

I understand many do see it is see as entertainment and I am in a minority. When though someone who has done no wrong has their chance totally removed from them,by a twist like this, which has had no real nominations decisions by all housemates.
Who has then to inflict same on another housemate who is then up too so they have no fighting chance,I consider that not only unfair but unacceptable.

I guess,I don't like this twist and never will. This is too far a step as a lie for me.
I prefer noms done by housemates with evictions decided by the public, not engineering from BB.
That is just how I am I guess.

Visage
21-07-2013, 03:49 PM
Well they did a lie when Dan,Gina,Dexter and Wolfy were told they were up for eviction but then it was not an eviction but 2 people staying in the maini house and 2 going into the safe house.

I can live with that kind of lie but I just fee,l thinking how I would feel myself, if I was a housemate in the safe house and was sked to 'save' another housemate from being nominated then I would be absolutely furious that I would have been put in that false position after being told the total opposite.

I understand many do see it is see as entertainment and I am in a minority. When though someone who has done no wrong has their chance totally removed from them,by a twist like this, which has had no real nominations decisions by all housemates.
Who has then to inflict same on another housemate who is then up too so they have no fighting chance,I consider that not only unfair but unacceptable.

I guess,I don't like this twist and never will. This is too far a step as a lie for me.
I prefer noms done by housemates with evictions decided by the public, not engineering from BB.

I do see your point Joey and understand how annoyed you would be.

I'm looking at it from the angle at how it's going to mess with their heads, how they will react, when they found out, is something I'm really looking forward to seeing.

While I'm a big supporter of the normal way with nominations, I do like a good twist like this appearing mid-way through a series.

All too often the housemate predict which way BB are going and this year they've messed so much with the order, that it's keeping them on their toes.

In terms of creating more drama it's up there with some of the best twist from days go by.

Of course, that's the way I see and as I said, I totally get where you're coming from.

Jack_
21-07-2013, 03:56 PM

I can see what you're saying Joey but if you go in as a housemate you have to expect the unexpected and understand that Big Brother can do just about anything they want to you or to the group as a whole, you sign a contract basically allowing them to do whatever they want. And the most important rule in the welcome pack is that 'Big Brother can change the rules at any time'. Evil and cruel twists are all part and parcel of the show and if you were a housemate you'd have to expect just about anything and realise that's what you agreed to sign up to.

Also, it's not the first time they've done an evil lie twist like this. Like when they did the House Next Door in BB7, and Aisleyne thought the new housemates she was 'evicting' were actually leaving when in fact they were moving into the main house, and then she alone had to decide whether to evict Spiral or Jonathan for real and as a result she ended up in floods of tears for the rest of the night. One of the cruelest twists they've ever done but unfortunately that's what she agreed to sign up to.

joeysteele
21-07-2013, 04:07 PM
I can see what you're saying Joey but if you go in as a housemate you have to expect the unexpected and understand that Big Brother can do just about anything they want to you or to the group as a whole, you sign a contract basically allowing them to do whatever they want. And the most important rule in the welcome pack is that 'Big Brother can change the rules at any time'. Evil and cruel twists are all part and parcel of the show and if you were a housemate you'd have to expect just about anything and realise that's what you agreed to sign up to.

Also, it's not the first time they've done an evil lie twist like this. Like when they did the House Next Door in BB7, and Aisleyne thought the new housemates she was 'evicting' were actually leaving when in fact they were moving into the main house, and then she alone had to decide whether to evict Spiral or Jonathan for real and as a result she ended up in floods of tears for the rest of the night. One of the cruelest twists they've ever done but unfortunately that's what she agreed to sign up to.

Totally agree Jack and I see yours and Visage's point completely.

I think this series has made me now very determined never to think of even trying to go on BB ever :joker: because I for sure could not sign up to do this to anyone what Sophie and Sam are being asked to.
If I am really frank, I don't like it that Sam and Sophie have had this done to them either.

It is secrets and lies so that as you point out is what was signed up to,I take that on board totally.
I just draw the line at lies that deliberately ruin someones chances on things.

Visage
21-07-2013, 04:14 PM
Totally agree Jack and I see yours and Visage's point completely.

I think this series has made me now very determined never to think of even trying to go on BB ever

Ha!

As much as I love this show, I could never sign up to it, my head wouldn't cope and I would bring a whole new meaning to paranoia..

Though if you ever did go in there, I'm 100% sure you would have the support of everyone on here..:dance:

joeysteele
21-07-2013, 04:21 PM
Ha!

As much as I love this show, I could never sign up to it, my head wouldn't cope and I would bring a whole new meaning to paranoia..

Though if you ever did go in there, I'm 100% sure you would have the support of everyone on here..:dance:

:joker:I always said if I tried to and got there I would only go in with someone I knew or knew of.
Even with someone off here but I would have to have a connection to someone in there.

I don't really think I could cope with the paranoia either, especially this series.
I think I would be hated actually Visage.
Dan is disliked around this forum but I would be more like him as a housemate, asking questions constantly, trying to work people and things out, always supicious and more to the point never stopping going on about it either.:joker:

Visage
21-07-2013, 04:32 PM
Dan is disliked around this forum but I would be more like him as a housemate, asking questions constantly, trying to work people and things out, always supicious and more to the point never stopping going on about it either.:joker:

You know what Joey? I think I would be the exact same. I'm so curious about people and I'm always inquisitive, plus if I did think someone was lying I would go on & on like Dan.

I guess that's where the dislike might appear because fans don't like the housemates to work out all the twists.

I also believe that if someone was acting odd, I would shout out 'secret mission' again alienating myself from those who dislike that kind of thing.

I'm more suited as a viewer than a housemate lol

Tozzie
21-07-2013, 04:57 PM
I think it's a great twist. I want the show to keep changing, it makes for a more interesting game in my opinion.

I like watching how housemates react, even more so when they mess around with their head.

me too, BB is being such a :devil: this year and is hilarious, glad I haven't got a big brother like him though :p

Vanessa
21-07-2013, 04:58 PM
The twist is AMAZING! Deadwood out finally. I don't want Sam or Sophie to win. They have done nothing to deserve it. :nono:

Miranda123
21-07-2013, 04:59 PM

Well said

Tozzie
21-07-2013, 05:04 PM
Ha!

I would never for any amount of money sign up to it, It would send me round the twist :crazy:and I'd have a nervous breakdown and I'd be :bawling: the whole time so would definately be put up on week one. Nope, I'll stick to being a viewer, its better for my health :D

Gillian-73
21-07-2013, 06:37 PM
The twist is AMAZING! Deadwood out finally. I don't want Sam or Sophie to win. They have done nothing to deserve it. :nono:

They won't go though you watch

Vanessa
21-07-2013, 06:38 PM
They won't go though you watch

I want them both out.

Marcus.
21-07-2013, 06:40 PM
the tiwst ok just hope the tiwns not up

Gillian-73
21-07-2013, 06:40 PM
I want them both out.

Ditto

Kate!
21-07-2013, 06:50 PM
I want them both out.

Bad luck then, there's no chance.

Videostar
21-07-2013, 06:52 PM
If BB Producers care in any way what the public, who pay their wages think

But if they do that we wont lose a dull but sadly popular HM.

I want Sam or Sophie to go.

Why does the twist need saving anyway.?

Videostar
21-07-2013, 06:53 PM

Hazel is a nothing HM, why on earth would they invent this twist in order to sdave her...I don't get it.?

Videostar
21-07-2013, 06:54 PM
Bad luck then, there's no chance.

Sophie's not that popular now, check the odds. ;)

Johnnyuk123
21-07-2013, 07:02 PM
If these two dullards are sooo popular then you the viewer have nothing to worry about.