PDA

View Full Version : The Final Two Trend of BBUK.

Patrick
21-07-2013, 09:34 PM
A trend I have noticed with Big Brother over the years is housemates who have either been enemies, bestfriends or had some form of a connection throughout the series - ending up as the final two.

This sometimes is down to the fact they're completely different people, thus bringing in completely different voters - leading them to the final two, or it can be because they're that similar that they gain so many of the same voters - bringing them to the final two.

I can't comment on Series 1, 2 or 4 as I haven't seen them.

Series 3: Kate and Johnny - they were bestfriends the whole summer.
Series 5: Nadia and Jason - arch enemies from two different sides of the house.
Series 6: Anthony and Eugene - polar opposites, it was a funny final two.
Series 7: Pete and Glynn - bestfriends the whole series.
Series 8: Brian and Samanda - they had a cute little friendship that summer, with Amanda and Brian at one point almost striking up a relationship.
Series 9: Rachel and Mikey - they were glued to eachother that series.
Series 10: Sophie and Siavash - towards the end of the summer, they became very close.
Series 11: that finale is irrelevant, we all know why - but if it had of went the way it should of; Sam Pepper would of been in the final two with Josie, again continuing the trend.
Series 12: Aaron and Jay - polar opposites, never really seen eye to eye and had a rivarly, much like BB5; two different types of fans voting for each of them.
Series 13: Luke and Adam - bestfriends, the outsiders remaining together until the end.

Quite interesting really, isn't it?

Now if we're looking at it from the constant trend that has been kept for all these years - then in my head there's only two couples that will be in the final two, and ironically they're the two couples we either want or expect to be in the final.

Dexter and Gina, or Sam and Sophie.

Patrick
21-07-2013, 09:37 PM
Also if the twins survive past this week - it'd be likely that them and Sophie could also be the final two housemates standing.

Think about it.

Raph
21-07-2013, 09:37 PM
I wouldn't say 'Pete and Glyn' were best friends during the series as Glyn was closer to Imogen, Grace, Mikey and Jennie but other than that I agree with your point and think it's a very interesing observation. For some reason I don't see it playing a role this year though as very few of the housemates have seemed to make any deep connections/rivalries, if that makes sense?

Raph
21-07-2013, 09:38 PM
^Note also that Pete and Glyn both nominated each other at the end of BB7

smudgie
21-07-2013, 09:38 PM
Also if the twins survive past this week - it'd be likely that them and Sophie could also be the final two housemates standing.

Think about it.

Oh god I would rather not.

Not the dreaded twins.

Withano
21-07-2013, 09:41 PM
Series 6: Anthony and Eugene - polar opposites, it was a funny final two.
Series 7: Pete and Glynn - bestfriends the whole series.
Series 9: Rachel and Mikey - they were glued to eachother that series.
Series 10: Sophie and Siavash - towards the end of the summer, they became very close.
Series 11: that finale is irrelevant, we all know why - but if it had of went the way it should of; Sam Pepper would of been in the final two with Josie, again continuing the trend.

..Barely

karezza
21-07-2013, 09:42 PM
It will be a travesty if it isn't Dexter and Gina.

Vicky.
21-07-2013, 09:43 PM
The thing is, by the final they have spent loads of time together, so they will obviously either be close, or hate each other really :laugh:

Macie Lightfoot
21-07-2013, 09:43 PM
Is that really a trend though? Sometimes they were enemies, sometimes they were friends, sometimes they were whatever Anthony/Eugene were. Those are all really different scenarios and doesn't exactly qualify as a trend.

Anyone who's watched Survivor: Pearl Islands will get what I'm saying, but it's like when Darrah made the ambiguously obvious statement that "Jon lies, but he tells the truth too."

Patrick
21-07-2013, 10:08 PM
Well if BB13 had a final two like 'Luke A and Shiveonne' then that would break what I'm saying - those two never had any storylines together at all.

Same way if BB10 had something like 'David and Sophie' - those two never really spoke properly either.

You can't deny in certain series it's became very apparent - when you watch the series back, after the final has already happened, you start to realise more and more how funny it is that the two housemates at hand, ended up in the final two (ala, Nadia and Jason for example).

Johnnyuk123
21-07-2013, 10:10 PM
The final two will be the obese children and the fridge.

reece(:
21-07-2013, 10:11 PM
The only real standouts are the contrasts (Aaron-Jay, Nadia-Jason, Anthony-Eugene)

LikeABoatOnWater
21-07-2013, 10:23 PM
Pete and Glyn were Rivals, especially by the end. There was a lot of hate between the two of them, especially coming from Glyn.
I remember him ripping the covers of Pete and Nikki trying to expose them, in some sort of attempt to make the viewers dislike pete.

Patrick
21-07-2013, 10:25 PM
Really? :shocked:

I need to rewatch BB7. I swear.

reece(:
21-07-2013, 10:26 PM
Only bit I can really remember Pete and Glyn as proper friends was the Prison Task... but everyone remembers that vividly so it may trigger a memory of them being friends. I cannot remember them as rivals myself. :joker:

LikeABoatOnWater
21-07-2013, 10:29 PM
What ive noticed is that the person who comes 3rd is usually the series underdog.
Deana, Makosi, Aisleyne, Alex (bb12), Mario the mole, David, Sara

Scream
21-07-2013, 10:29 PM
Idk, you're usually either friends or not so you could probably say it for nearly all of them this year too apart from like Sam who just doesn't interact

Patrick
21-07-2013, 11:49 PM
What ive noticed is that the person who comes 3rd is usually the series underdog.
Deana, Makosi, Aisleyne, Alex (bb12), Mario the mole, David, Sara

Dan BB5 aswell - definitely.

reece(:
22-07-2013, 12:18 AM
Awful creepy stalker Mario was in no way an underdog

starry
22-07-2013, 08:02 AM
I wouldn't say 'Pete and Glyn' were best friends during the series as Glyn was closer to Imogen, Grace, Mikey and Jennie but other than that I agree with your point and think it's a very interesing observation. For some reason I don't see it playing a role this year though as very few of the housemates have seemed to make any deep connections/rivalries, if that makes sense?

Also Sophie was surely closer to Rodrigo (maybe even to Lisa through most if not all the series as well).

The only obvious ones in this theory are in 3 and 5, and maybe 12 and 13.

Logically people who are very different could quite easily be 2nd and 1st because they are the final rivals in the phone vote.

And twins in general seem their own best friends in the house, one reason why I don't like them in the house.

Marc
22-07-2013, 08:37 AM
A lot of those examples are pretty stretched

starry
22-07-2013, 09:22 AM
It's better to see the final two as different and offering alternatives rather than similar. Ray and Cameron were really quite different for instance.

Joe.
22-07-2013, 09:29 AM
Yeah am re-watching BB7 now and am on the finale, Pete and Glyn weren't really 'best friends'. These trends are a bit stretched but I sort of get where your coming from.