PDA

View Full Version : Why is Dexter getting bashed on these forums recently?

BigBuk
22-07-2013, 06:07 AM
I'm not gonna lie I like him so maybe I'm taking a biased view but I really dont see what he's done wrong recently. I've asked this before and nobody can give a proper reason to what he's doing wrong.

Cherie
22-07-2013, 06:15 AM
I honestly can't see what he has done wrong either, for me he has been pretty consistent throughout the series, some people didn't like the fact that he nommed Gina, but she has nommed him in the past, I think because they were in the safe house together they are meant to be joined at the hip, Gina has said some stuff about Dexter since they came out of the SH but that seems to get overlooked. All I can think is people jumping on the bandwagon :shrug:

BigBuk
22-07-2013, 06:24 AM
Yeah completely agree, when I see him bitching about someone I'll respect their opinion but there is nothing that I can see of what he has done wrong. I dont see how you cant like him, he's just too funny & unique.

Indy
22-07-2013, 06:46 AM
I don't understand why everyone in the house keeps blaming Dexter or Callum in turns for this whole mess, when it's obvious the problem is Charlie keeping them fighting so she can get camera time.

Ellen
22-07-2013, 06:49 AM
I'm not gonna lie I like him so maybe I'm taking a biased view but I really dont see what he's done wrong recently. I've asked this before and nobody can give a proper reason to what he's doing wrong.

Its human nature, not everybody will like who you like & not everyone will see Dexter the way you do.

Cherie
22-07-2013, 06:50 AM
I don't understand why everyone in the house keeps blaming Dexter or Callum in turns for this whole mess, when it's obvious the problem is Charlie keeping them fighting so she can get camera time.

This, everything that happened on Friday night was down to Charlie, and to a certain degree Hazel and Sophie (who sat there and lapped up Dan moaning about it though she was clapping and encouraging Dexter to get under the show from behind her VIP ropes). Charlies serious chats are beginning to do my head in as well, she is loving the attention and Hazel and Dan are hating her getting it.

Cherie
22-07-2013, 06:51 AM
Its human nature, not everybody will like who you like & not everyone will see Dexter the way you do.

I get that, but what I don't get is blaming Dexter for just about everything, he is not responsible solely for the Love Triangle...Charlie is probably more to blame, and BB for pushing it.

JTM45
22-07-2013, 07:05 AM
It's just bored, sad people with nothing better to do it seems!
Because they have an irrational level of dislike for a particular housemate (Dexter this week) who usually happens to be extremely popular they think by starting lots of very similar threads with slightly different titles bashing the housemate and making often false or highly exaggerated and negative claims (Twitter/Facebook hates this housemate today, my favourite housemate is now my least favourite housemate, this housemate is gay, etc. etc.) that it will somehow convince fans of this housemate that they have backed a wrong-un and should jump ship now before they look foolish.
I personally find the idea that anyone with half a brain-cell would be swayed by such ridiculous idiocy hysterical and it just annoys people on the forum and blocks the forum up with loads of similarly laughable threads on exactly the same subject.

I think it makes the people who do it look like *****-tards!:thumbs:

karezza
22-07-2013, 07:11 AM
Dexter is such a great housemate that he creates resentment and envy in the other housemates and their fans.

:joker:

Ellen
22-07-2013, 07:19 AM
I get that, but what I don't get is blaming Dexter for just about everything, he is not responsible solely for the Love Triangle...Charlie is probably more to blame, and BB for pushing it.

Ye i know what you mean, he isnt solely responsible but he was the one who instigated the Love Triangle, it seems he purposely did it to wind Callum up when he knew Callum does have feelings for Charlie and that just doesnt look good to some. Blaming him for everything is a bit OTT imo.
I agree with you about Charlie & BB, they have tried to milk it.

Visage
22-07-2013, 07:33 AM
Because people change their opinions based on what they see on the highlights each night.

reece(:
22-07-2013, 07:33 AM
Because Wolfy/Jackie/Sallie are all gone so they need a new hate figure.

Kizzy
22-07-2013, 08:23 AM
Not at all in my case, I quite liked him when he and gina were in the safe house, since he came out he has got much worse with his stirring between the groups. The contrived rivalry between he and callum is boring.

chuff me dizzy
22-07-2013, 08:34 AM
Some have seen the light with him,others never liked him from day one

joeysteele
22-07-2013, 08:35 AM
Because people change their opinions based on what they see on the highlights each night.

They do indeed, I can like someone the night before then another night find them really annoying.
It doesn't mean I have come to dislike them just that I haven't liked what I have seen them do.

That has happened all this series so far and with every housemate with me.

Marc
22-07-2013, 08:36 AM
I really think he's a twat

Livia
22-07-2013, 08:39 AM
I think people are waking up to the idea that he's like a bad Howard Wolowitz Tribute Act, only sleazier and without Howard's charm and education. He does have the hair though.

Im_Juz_ChiLLin
22-07-2013, 08:48 AM
the answer is gina... they see him as the biggest rival that's why so many thread are popping up they see dexter's popularity rising.... ;)

Kazanne
22-07-2013, 08:56 AM
It's just bored, sad people with nothing better to do it seems!
Because they have an irrational level of dislike for a particular housemate (Dexter this week) who usually happens to be extremely popular they think by starting lots of very similar threads with slightly different titles bashing the housemate and making often false or highly exaggerated and negative claims (Twitter/Facebook hates this housemate today, my favourite housemate is now my least favourite housemate, this housemate is gay, etc. etc.) that it will somehow convince fans of this housemate that they have backed a wrong-un and should jump ship now before they look foolish.
I personally find the idea that anyone with half a brain-cell would be swayed by such ridiculous idiocy hysterical and it just annoys people on the forum and blocks the forum up with loads of similarly laughable threads on exactly the same subject.

I think it makes the people who do it look like *****-tards!:thumbs:

We could also say it's 'bored,sad people who bang on about his 'greatness' even when he's not,people are allowed to like other housemates without getting flack from the Dexter lovers,he is not all that he is average IMO.

smeagol
22-07-2013, 09:06 AM
people also hate what they cant understand and no one understands dexter

people look for reasons to hate they do it inside the house to him as well its strange to watch.
same thing with deana last year. being blamed for everything lol and hated for nothing

swinearefine
22-07-2013, 09:11 AM
I'm baffled by it, he seems the same as he always has to me. I'm actually starting to like him more just because he's been such a dick to Callum.

Vicky.
22-07-2013, 09:13 AM
It always happens when we get closer to the end of the show. Expect a boatload of Gina hate to appear from nowhere soon too ;)

JTM45
22-07-2013, 09:34 AM
It really seems to be mostly on this forum. If you check out some of the other BB forums there's nothing like the amount of negative threads about Dexter, quite the opposite if anything!

He's the fourth favourite with the bookies to win, now above Sophie, Charlie and the twins!!!!! Woot!!!:dance:

Livia
22-07-2013, 09:36 AM
Fourth favourite... LOL. So not even top three. Just to put that into perspective.

JTM45
22-07-2013, 09:48 AM
Fourth favourite... LOL. So not even top three. Just to put that into perspective.

:sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:: sleep:

It's still higher than Hazel, Sophie, Charlie, The twins and Callum. Six people below him and only three above and he's still on the rise!:dance:
Enough perspective for you! :xyxwave:

Livia
22-07-2013, 10:24 AM
:sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:: sleep:

It's still higher than Hazel, Sophie, Charlie, The twins and Callum. Six people below him and only three above and he's still on the rise!:dance:
Enough perspective for you! :xyxwave:

Fourth.

Tozzie
22-07-2013, 10:31 AM
dunno, perhaps it's just the other housemates fans that are giving out all the hate about him because they are worried he's going to win? Who knows. Dexters my winner whatever the outcome he, Gina and Dan are the ones that have kept me watching this year.

Kris
22-07-2013, 10:33 AM
He's a sleazy little smug faced man.

Vicky.
22-07-2013, 10:34 AM
dunno, perhaps it's just the other housemates fans that are giving out all the hate about him because they are worried he's going to win? Who knows. Dexters my winner whatever the outcome he, Gina and Dan are the ones that have kept me watching this year.

Amen to that

Though in the past few weeks I have added Hazel to that list. And in the past couple of days, Callum.

But Gina Dex and Dan have held my attention right from the start.

Kyle
22-07-2013, 10:36 AM
What really confuses me was his blatant attitude towards women as being nothing more than accessories but 90% of the fanatical Dexter brigade are women.

He is a sleaze and if he lied about that then his is a liar.

I just don't get the bloke.

Jemal
22-07-2013, 10:38 AM
I will never agree with what hes done to women in the past. So i dont really care about the bloke. Only time i really speak about the guy is if its to do with a
Housemate im supporting callum/Gina

CaudleHalbard
22-07-2013, 11:13 AM
What really confuses me was his blatant attitude towards women as being nothing more than accessories but 90% of the fanatical Dexter brigade are women.

He is a sleaze and if he lied about that then his is a liar.

I just don't get the bloke.

That's only because you don't know about gay men and "fag hags"!

Lol! ;)

Kyle
22-07-2013, 11:19 AM
That's only because you don't know about gay men and "fag hags"!

Lol! ;)

You may be making fun of me but I genuinely don't know what a fag hag is. Could you please set my mind at rest and explain it to me?

CaudleHalbard
22-07-2013, 11:27 AM
You may be making fun of me but I genuinely don't know what a fag hag is. Could you please set my mind at rest and explain it to me?

I am not making fun of you. :)

A fag hag is a woman who enjoys the company of gay men and hangs out with them quite a bit.

Dexter has indicated he had no male friends. This suggests his friends are all female. This screams "gay", as most hetero men have other men making up the majority of their mates.

Yes, it's a bit of a generalisation but nevertheless valid.

Hope that helps.

Kyle
22-07-2013, 11:29 AM

A fag hag is a woman who enjoys the company of gay men and hangs out with them quite a bit.

Dexter has indicated he had no male friends. This suggests his friends are all female. This screams "gay", as most hetero men have other men making up the majority of their mates.

Hope that helps.

I see, yes that does explain it thankyou. :blush:

Slevin
22-07-2013, 11:42 AM
not everybody is gonna like the same people and opinions can change. even my favorites of any series or other BB's always do something i dont like. if he was my favorite i would still like him just somewhat less since hes been out of the safe house. i dont mind tbh just not big on him either.

aman201
22-07-2013, 11:59 AM

Jealousy probably?

Visage
22-07-2013, 12:13 PM
They do indeed, I can like someone the night before then another night find them really annoying.
It doesn't mean I have come to dislike them just that I haven't liked what I have seen them do.

That has happened all this series so far and with every housemate with me.

Yes, I can give a great example.

At one point I had Wolfy up near the top with my favourites and Dan down at the bottom. Wolfy quickly dropped to the bottom and Dan jumped high up to third place.

Gina & Dexter have always been first and second, where as Dan keeps swapping between third and fourth with Callum.

actor99
22-07-2013, 12:36 PM
would you really trust Dexter with your daughter . well I wouldn't. not in a million years. good TV is one thing. but in real life is what matters. to win BB you have to be a all rounder nice likable person. trustworthy. honest. like Charlie. and Sam. these are pure people.

BigBuk
22-07-2013, 12:46 PM
would you really trust Dexter with your daughter . well I wouldn't. not in a million years. good TV is one thing. but in real life is what matters. to win BB you have to be a all rounder nice likable person. trustworthy. honest. like Charlie. and Sam. these are pure people.

Who really cares if they're likable, trustworthy people? Im not gonna want someone to win just because they're "likable". It's not like anybody cares what they're doing once they're outside the house, atleast I dont anyway. I want someone to win thats actually entertaining like Gina, Dexter or Dan. Imo it would be a travesty if Sophie or Sam won it, sure they're likable but BB is meant to be an entertainment show and Sophie & Sam just arent entertaining.

south12345
22-07-2013, 12:47 PM
After watching last nights BB just now i find i dislike dexter even more.

He proved that he wasnt about to call a truce with Callum in the Selfish/Selfless game....

"As long as i beat Callum"......hes keeping this rivalry alive and throwing fuel on the fire.

He had a chance to up his game and prove hes not a selfish, arrogant prick, but again let people know exactly that he is....

Benjamin
22-07-2013, 01:00 PM
the answer is gina... they see him as the biggest rival that's why so many thread are popping up they see dexter's popularity rising.... ;)

Yeah, okay, coming from you the forums biggest hypocrite who uses any excuse to slate Gina.

I like Dexter, but I am slowly going off of him. he started out as such a good housemate but this whole Charlie situation really isn't doing him any justice in my opinion.

Kyle
22-07-2013, 01:04 PM
Who really cares if they're likable, trustworthy people? Im not gonna want someone to win just because they're "likable". It's not like anybody cares what they're doing once they're outside the house, atleast I dont anyway. I want someone to win thats actually entertaining like Gina, Dexter or Dan. Imo it would be a travesty if Sophie or Sam won it, sure they're likable but BB is meant to be an entertainment show and Sophie & Sam just arent entertaining.

Yeh but how far do you go in terms of entertainment? It would be incredibly entertaining if big brother made them all fight to the death in a gladiator arena but it wouldn't be right.

I think Dexter and Gina winning would send the wrong message out to impressionable young people who are growing up watching this nowadays and thinking that that acting like a complete plantpot will make you likeable.

CaudleHalbard
22-07-2013, 01:06 PM
Dexter is laughing up his sleeve really - you can see that from his demeanour. He doesn't give a stuff about the love triangle in reality.

The more he gets bashed on here the better his odds seem to get to win! ;)

Lex
22-07-2013, 01:24 PM

It's just the same few such as HB123 , Chuff etc that are trying to sway the floaters away from Dexter, now that they have seen the momentum that he's been getting, thus threatening their preferred contestant!....it won't work because Dexter is the right-thinkers choice this series! ...:thumbs:

Cheers.

BigBuk
22-07-2013, 01:32 PM
Yeh but how far do you go in terms of entertainment? It would be incredibly entertaining if big brother made them all fight to the death in a gladiator arena but it wouldn't be right.

I think Dexter and Gina winning would send the wrong message out to impressionable young people who are growing up watching this nowadays and thinking that that acting like a complete plantpot will make you likeable.

Its a reality tv show not a death match. So I doubt they're gonna go to the extremes you've just mentioned. If you idolise people big brother I dont think you're old enough to watch it. People under 16 shouldnt be watching BB and if you're over 16 and looking at people like Gina or Dexter as role models you're obviously not bright. Like I've said it's an entertainment program so on that basis Sophie & Sam should not win it as they're not entertaining. When I switch on to BB I want to see unique characters, arguments, controversy etc.. Not boring people talking about stuff that has no relevance to the show.

Livia
22-07-2013, 01:50 PM
[QUOTE=CaudleHalbard;6196191]A fag hag is a woman who enjoys the company of gay men and hangs out with them quite a bit. [QUOTE]

My best friend is a gay man. If anyone ever referred to me as a fag hag in seriousness, I'd give them a fat lip.

I have no idea why women are supporting the odious little sleazebag. He's so slimey he virtually leaves a trail...

LOL... I've tried amending that quote half a dozen times now. I don't know how I'ved ****ed it up... but you get the picture.

CaudleHalbard
22-07-2013, 01:56 PM
My best friend is a gay man. If anyone ever referred to me as a fag hag in seriousness, I'd give them a fat lip.

Only if you knew about it: they may say it behind your back! :D

It's not a derogatory term. Doesn't mean you are a hag... I think the word is used because it rhymes nicely with fag. Originally from the US I imagine.

ozzyshaggah
22-07-2013, 02:39 PM
....because he is strange pathetic wanker

armand.kay
22-07-2013, 02:55 PM
Why are dexter fans blaming gina for people disliking him? Wasn't it ginxter just last week? Hugh? He is being anoying in this whole love triangle. Dexter is my 2nd fave but I can admit he is being anoying.

Tozzie
22-07-2013, 11:26 PM
Yes, I can give a great example.

At one point I had Wolfy up near the top with my favourites and Dan down at the bottom. Wolfy quickly dropped to the bottom and Dan jumped high up to third place.

Gina & Dexter have always been first and second, where as Dan keeps swapping between third and fourth with Callum.

my first and second Dex & Gina, Dan & Charlie keep swapping between 3rd & 4th for me, I'm not overly keen on any of the others at all

Kulafey
22-07-2013, 11:38 PM

Hope that helps.

You seem obsessed with Dexter's sexual preferences! Why do you assume that being gay is a negative thing?

Vanessa
22-07-2013, 11:39 PM
Because he can win and is a threat to the others.

Kulafey
22-07-2013, 11:44 PM
[QUOTE= It would be incredibly entertaining if big brother made them all fight to the death in a gladiator arena but it wouldn't be right.

[/QUOTE]

That would be AWESOME!!!:devil:

CaudleHalbard
23-07-2013, 12:06 AM
You seem obsessed with Dexter's sexual preferences! Why do you assume that being gay is a negative thing?

It is you who are making assumptions, my good friend!

I find it disappointing that Dexter (who I wouldn't mind winning) sees the need to portray himself as some sort of heterosexual stud when the reality is plain for most people.

He is shooting himself in foot which is sad. Dexter is supposed to be on a journey in there. I would love to see him being his true self. :)

Kizzy
23-07-2013, 12:12 AM
The only way dexter can win is if they feck about with the vote again :nono:

CaudleHalbard
23-07-2013, 12:14 AM
Dexter is too marmite to win but I think he deserves a place in the final.

Vanessa
23-07-2013, 12:15 AM
Dexter is too marmite to win but I think he deserves a place in the final.

Aaron was also marmite, but he won. :dance: