PDA

View Full Version : Why does Marcus ham it up so much?

Tregard
01-08-2013, 02:24 PM
Just catching up on yesterday's episode, with Nemesis task, and Marcus' narration is just intrusive. Here is what I'm talking about (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&list=UU1XSYJz0tzqNONTlIoRpqog&v=SSD3-7DZWD8&t=706) I understand it's a task based around the boisterous nature of wrestling, but this isn't a freak occurrence, basically any task involving some competitiveness and Marcus will start shouting.

It's no secret he talks a lot more than he used to, and has certainly built up a "character", but does anyone actually like him shouting more? As far as I could see it got nothing but negative feedback. Hopefully he'll scale it down a bit next series.

zakman440
01-08-2013, 02:27 PM
Because he is an annoying twat. Even when he's reading the voting details he puts it on.

Marsh.
01-08-2013, 02:29 PM
That was the point. He was mimicking a wrestling announcer.

I really don't think he's been all that bad this year. The only problem is with his script sometimes where he's given a bit too much to say than he should have. Time-Location-Housemates should be it. But some people's reaction over him is more OTT than he is.

Withano
01-08-2013, 02:32 PM
It went well with the task, he isn't always like that. I didn't mind anyway.

Tregard
01-08-2013, 02:35 PM

I really don't think he's been all that bad this year. The only problem is with his script sometimes where he's given a bit too much to say than he should have. Time-Location-Housemates should be it. But some people's reaction over him is more OTT than he is.

It wasn't really all that bad in that instance because it suited the task, but with stuff like the housemates playing football, or that ridiculous "Splat-Stick-Smack" task (Whatever that was), it just looks ridiculous.

Patrick
01-08-2013, 02:35 PM
He's a ******ing imbecile who is incapable of doing anything right.

It's quite funny too because he's actually toned it down alot this series, so it seems whenever there's a task like this (or that football montage the other week), he sees it as his excuse to go absolutely crazy and start screaming into the mic.

He's a complete ***** and I swear to God I'd rather have no narrator than him, he went from being a fundamental part of the show, to a skidmark. He's replaceable, and he's dire.

Yet, whenever every fan on Twitter tells him to go back to his old ways, he throws his toys out of the pram because he can't take the fact that no one ******ing enjoys his existence.

Patrick
01-08-2013, 02:38 PM

For why exactly? To try and be funny? Because it wasn't. It was just irritating, I had to bounce for the remote and turn the TV down because he wouldn't ****** up.

I just don't get why they feel the need to do it for. Why not just show what is happening, if they wanna have a little montage to fuel their Channel 5 needs, then go for it - but to have him shouting like he's having a fit aswell, it's just too much. I couldn't even concentrate on the actual 'fight' at hand either.

In BB11 he mimicked a horse racing commentary, and did it brilliantly. It was calm, collected but different and funny - I don't see why he feels the need to go overboard since the move to Channel 5. He's became a parody of himself and needs to step down.

reece(:
01-08-2013, 02:38 PM
It's frankly embarrassing.

Vicky.
01-08-2013, 02:40 PM
Meh, it doesn't actualy bother me at all :laugh:

He probably just gets carried away as he can now do what he wants as long as he sticks to the script, where before with c4 he had to be constantly monotone and not show any kind of emotion in his voice :p

Patrick
01-08-2013, 02:41 PM
He's blocked me on Twitter :laugh2: :laugh2:

Also, he needs to stop referring to himself as 'The voice of Big Brother' - because he isn't.

Patrick
01-08-2013, 02:42 PM
Meh, it doesn't actualy bother me at all :laugh:

He probably just gets carried away as he can now do what he wants as long as he sticks to the script, where before with c4 he had to be constantly monotone and not show any kind of emotion in his voice :p

Which was better...

Marsh.
01-08-2013, 02:42 PM
For why exactly? To try and be funny? Because it wasn't. It was just irritating, I had to bounce for the remote and turn the TV down because he wouldn't ****** up.

I just don't get why they feel the need to do it for. Why not just show what is happening, if they wanna have a little montage to fuel their Channel 5 needs, then go for it - but to have him shouting like he's having a fit aswell, it's just too much. I couldn't even concentrate on the actual 'fight' at hand either.

In BB11 he mimicked a horse racing commentary, and did it brilliantly. It was calm, collected but different and funny - I don't see why he feels the need to go overboard since the move to Channel 5. He's became a parody of himself and needs to step down.

Because he was mimicking a wrestling announcer to fit the task. Mimicking a horse racing commentary is going to be very different, announcing a wrestling match is the opposite of calm and collected.

Why? Because, just like the horse commentary, it was for the task. It lasted 5 minutes, get over it.

billy123
01-08-2013, 02:46 PM
I much prefer it when marcus narrates a task than when they turn it into an imbecilic montage and just put a donk on it to keep the Jeremy Kylers happy.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ItYYw8s8W98/T7GGcF8NsCI/AAAAAAAABHs/yF51UvYzg78/s1600/pollard.jpg

swinearefine
01-08-2013, 02:49 PM
cuz he's a dbag

Tozzie
01-08-2013, 02:49 PM
never really thought much about it but I don't mind Marcus

fingers
01-08-2013, 02:55 PM
I've NEVER liked him, Pompous twat! Voice of Big Brother? who is he trying to impress?

He's a legend - in his own mind!

Gusto Brunt
01-08-2013, 02:57 PM
He's a ******ing imbecile who is incapable of doing anything right. ...

Is BB is only job?

CaudleHalbard
01-08-2013, 03:01 PM
Is BB is only job?

He does a little bit of other stuff but I imagine BB is his main source of income: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Bentley

Gusto Brunt
01-08-2013, 03:03 PM
He does a little bit of other stuff but I imagine BB is his main source of income: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Bentley

I wonder if he can eraze his Geordie accent when he's doing work elsewhere...