PDA

View Full Version : The future of Big Brother

Redway
01-08-2013, 04:38 PM
What would you do make the show more entertaining and appropriate for a reality show setting?

Something that really bugs me about the show is the house ... it's too glossy and polished-up. The older designs were class with regard to this for their dull, unattractive settings, which I think really helped set the general mindset for the show (especially for the housemates). Since 2006 the houses have had a really bad interior design that could've easily been done by a student. I think it needs to feel more institutionalised and '1984'-esque, a dark pervading oppressor from whom there's no chance of escape, y'know?

Tasks in the house have just become a novelty in the middle of the week centered around making housemates look as slapstick-stupid as possible. Perhaps a big weekly task with the loser automatically becoming nominated for eviction, alongside the other two, would be a good twist.

Punishment and isolation should be taken a lot more seriously than they have been in recent years too and this current idea of BB prison is laughable. Being completely cut off from the outside world, as they were earlier on in the show, inevitably had a huge mental impact on HMs and that should be enforced too.

Basically, I think the show should become more gritty and cruel, I guess. What do you guys think?