PDA

View Full Version : Is Callum ill

Tozzie
01-08-2013, 07:57 PM
This is a serious question, please can we have a friendly discussion on this thread, it is in no way meant to offend Callum fans and I apologise if you are offended. It really is worrying and I am hoping someone can convince me I am worrying about nothing. I'm really finding it all a bit disturbing so I'm curious as to how others see it.

Do you think Callum is displaying symptoms of mental illness, poll to follow (if I can work out how to do a poll)

Rob!
01-08-2013, 07:59 PM
No....He's not. Not heard him sneeze once.

reece(:
01-08-2013, 08:01 PM
Definitely, especially from what has been shown on the feeds.

fingers
01-08-2013, 08:01 PM
For such a complex question, Yes or No don't really fit the bill, I can't vote on this.

Vanessa
01-08-2013, 08:04 PM
He's talking in riddles and has a weird sense of justice. He sees himself as the hero and Dexter as the villain. He's either going mad or just plain evil. :suspect:

Tozzie
01-08-2013, 08:06 PM
For such a complex question, Yes or No don't really fit the bill, I can't vote on this.

Ok, I respect your right not to vote, I'm just really curious as to if people are thinking the same way as I am, kinda hoping I am wrong in my thinking

showtime77
01-08-2013, 08:07 PM
Perhaps. Dexter is doing his best to break him

Vanessa
01-08-2013, 08:08 PM

Callum is the one trying to break Dexter.

fingers
01-08-2013, 08:09 PM
Ok, I respect your right not to vote, I'm just really curious as to if people are thinking the same way as I am, kinda hoping I am wrong in my thinking

He most definitely HAS a serious problem with his self confidence which could just tip the balance of his mind.

Edit: just re-read that, it is so 1950's lol

News of the World type reporting "so-and-so committed suicide WHILE THE BALANCE OF HIS MIND WAS DISTURBED"

Tozzie
01-08-2013, 08:09 PM

I don't think so, the both of them are miserable just now, I don't think any of them are enjoying what is happening to be fair.

Vanessa
01-08-2013, 08:10 PM
I don't think so, the both of them are miserable just now, I don't think any of them are enjoying what is happening to be fair.

Callum seems determined to break Dexter. He's the one who keeps goading him.

CaudleHalbard
01-08-2013, 08:11 PM
He is totally obsessed with Dexter.

Once they are separated, I imagine (and hope) that Callum will revert to his previous state.

Withano
01-08-2013, 08:11 PM
I don't really understand why anybody voted no

You asked

Is Callum displaying symptoms of mental Illness

Obviously he is displaying several syptoms, but that doesn't necessarily mean he is mentally ill. None of us are qualified to answer that.

DanaC
01-08-2013, 08:15 PM
Personally, I've suspected from week 1 that he is somewhere on the autistic spectrum, possibly mild aspergers. But that's based on no professional understanding or training. It's just what seems to me to fit. So, no, I don;t think he is 'mentally ill', but i don;t think he is as well equipped to deal with social cues as others in the house.

Indy
01-08-2013, 08:17 PM

This. Someone having a mental breakdown is not the same as a mental illness. Callum is clearly not coping with being in that environment.

Patricia4
01-08-2013, 08:18 PM
My answer is NO.
But I wish these two would stop it they are both at each other its not nice to watch.

Gusto Brunt
01-08-2013, 08:20 PM
Yes, he is mentally ill.

So much so, while Callum's still in the BB, I think the police should go round to his house and start digging up the back garden.

thesheriff443
01-08-2013, 08:20 PM
My answer is NO.
But I wish these two would stop it they are both at each other its not nice to watch.

I agree its stupid, for all dexter and callum fans you are both wasting your time!, they are both liar's and to be honest bell ends.

fingers
01-08-2013, 08:23 PM
I agree its stupid, for all dexter and callum fans you are both wasting your time!, they are both liar's and to be honest bell ends.

I kinda like that answer! So both Dexter and Callum have one fan each? LOL

Tozzie
01-08-2013, 08:24 PM
I don't really understand why anybody voted no

You asked

Is Callum displaying symptoms of mental Illness

Obviously he is displaying several syptoms, but that doesn't necessarily mean he is mentally ill. None of us are qualified to answer that.

I agree and understand what you are saying, none of us a psychiatrists, but a number of symptoms could point to that person perhaps becoming mentally ill and I would hate for that to be happening. I would be really interested as to what the BB Psychologists are saying about this, have you heard anything? I haven't

DanaC
01-08-2013, 08:26 PM
Yes, he is mentally ill.

So much so, while Callum's still in the BB, I think the police should go round to his house and start digging up the back garden.

Mental illness is not the same as dangerous. More murders are committed by people without a mental illness than with. Mentally ill people are more likely to be attacked, physically harmed, or killed by the nominally sane than the other way around.

'Mentally ill' is not the same as 'pyschopath'.

Tozzie
01-08-2013, 08:26 PM
Yes, he is mentally ill.

ok I'll ring them and ask them to :hugesmile:

Maneki-neko
01-08-2013, 08:27 PM
I feel weird voting on this...

DanaC
01-08-2013, 08:27 PM
I agree and understand what you are saying, none of us a psychiatrists, but a number of symptoms could point to that person perhaps becoming mentally ill and I would hate for that to be happening. I would be really interested as to what the BB Psychologists are saying about this, have you heard anything? I haven't

The last so-called professional I heard on BBBOTS came up with the brilliant and caring observation that she 'wouldn't want to meet him in a dark alley'.

Withano
01-08-2013, 08:28 PM

No, I haven't heard any of them explain his incredibly odd behaviour, i would be very interested to hear their opinions on it too. He's really not behaving rationally and I want some sort of explanation!

thesheriff443
01-08-2013, 08:29 PM
I kinda like that answer! So both Dexter and Callum have one fan each? LOL

theirs fans should sit in the dark and pray no one finds out who they really are:joker:

Johnnyuk123
01-08-2013, 08:30 PM
Yes, he is mentally ill.

agreed :joker:

smudgie
01-08-2013, 08:31 PM
No. Just confusing because he keeps changing his gameplan.

smeagol
01-08-2013, 08:33 PM
Yes, he is mentally ill.

:joker::joker::joker: funny

fingers
01-08-2013, 08:33 PM
No. Just confusing because he keeps changing his gameplan.

His gameplan came to a shuddering and abrupt end when he started his rambling hate filled diatribes.

fingers
01-08-2013, 08:35 PM
:joker::joker::joker: funny

Don't you dare dial 999 Smeagy!

Tozzie
01-08-2013, 08:37 PM
theirs fans should sit in the dark and pray no one finds out who they really are:joker:

oh no, I'm scared of the dark :laugh:

Toy Soldier
01-08-2013, 08:38 PM
I wouldn't say he's "mentally ill" but he's showing some definite signs that the stress of the situation is starting to affect him quite deeply.

Tozzie
01-08-2013, 09:01 PM
I wouldn't say he's "mentally ill" but he's showing some definite signs that the stress of the situation is starting to affect him quite deeply.

perhaps thats how I should have worded this thread, guess I didn't think it through when I started the thread.......that'll teach me to start threads, people are thinking I'm a troll :shocked:

DanaC
01-08-2013, 10:06 PM
Nobody thinks you're a troll! You're one of the least troll-like people here :)

Livia
01-08-2013, 10:07 PM
He clearly has "issues".

DanaC
01-08-2013, 10:39 PM
On that I think we can probably all agree lol

Jords
01-08-2013, 10:41 PM
These threads are completely thoughtless and make a mockery of those that do have to cope with being mentally ill.

DanaC
01-08-2013, 10:42 PM
To be fair to the OP, I think this was one of the more sensitive attempts to discuss the issue.

calyman
01-08-2013, 10:47 PM
These threads are completely thoughtless and make a mockery of those that do have to cope with being mentally ill.

I completely agree with you. This just provides further opportunities for nasty sniping at someone's perceived mental health status.

Rob!
01-08-2013, 10:48 PM
Sorry, but anybody who's voted yes does NOT know what they're talking about.

Kizzy
01-08-2013, 10:53 PM
It's just stressful in there and they are a bit 'kettled' other than that no.